What's new

Welcome!

Halloween event --- [FEEDBACK]

The Viper

Reaction score
Also, talking about it, which kind of event do you guys preffer, one like xmas or like this one?

Same as last year, but with some parts of this event:
1-Instead of playing with the Jynx, you must bring him items and have points, just like in Hallo event.
2-Every pokemon you kill, should give you points and items(not always):
Pokes under lvl 35-2points
Pokes between lvl 35 and 50-3points
Pokes between lvl 50 and 70-4points
Pokes between lvl 70 and 100-5points.

3-Instead of having pokes spawning on cities and having a ksing "party"(happened in both Halloween events), do it like last year's Christmas event, make the items easier to get and lootable from all pokes , so low lvls can get them too by fishing (which is the easiest method to lvl up when you are under 40-)

4-Since the points and items will be easier to get, make the rarest rewards almost impossible to get. For example, if every pokes are going to give points, a lvl 100+ exping on pokes with lvl 70-100 (charizards, venus, blastoises) will easily get thousands of points in a day and thats why the rare rewards should be almost impossible to get. This doesn't happens if rewards aren't so rare (box2, box3, johto box).

Its just an idea for a fair event I think.

That's also true, however, we must find out how to make it so every player can get a "good reward", without need of no-lifing, but requiring effort; And of course, letting also low lvs get points.

That's the spirit, a fair event to everyone.

Nie Lubie Brata

Reaction score
I wanted sliver pumpkin but the event finished at night while i wanted to collect the other needed
items the next day and i still need 6 haloween plates.I haven't cash for buying them and im sad :(

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
4-Since the points and items will be easier to get, make the rarest rewards almost impossible to get. For example, if every pokes are going to give points, a lvl 100+ exping on pokes with lvl 70-100 (charizards, venus, blastoises) will easily get thousands of points in a day and thats why the rare rewards should be almost impossible to get. This doesn't happens if rewards aren't so rare (box2, box3, johto box).

Still no-lifing.

Aleks

Reaction score
Everything was great, except the death line of the event... its not good that the date changes from a sec to another.. should respect the first date that was said :/

Ruffy

Reaction score
I think the items shouldn't be the "hard" part of event, if you do it, people will have to waste so much money for the event (this is not the point of a event) instead of winning free prizes (paid with time and efford), and is a Sh*t for the people with bad luck... , maybe rare spawns in random positions (the whole map), so you will need time to get points, and newbies will have (almost) the same chances to get good prizes (without needing high lvl pokes to get all loot), will only about efford (like first christmas event). I dont liked any of our halloween events, its all about ks, stress and luck.
The most of writers here are high lvl so maybe they don't agree, but think how feel people with low lvl than were at event, and cant finish almost any poke or have cash to buy plates.

papuchi

Reaction score
yeah...more points needed,less items and RESPECT DATES please...

Khan

Reaction score
I have played PA for almost 3 years now, played during Christmas Event 2010 back when I was still a noob back then that event had the pokemon spawn inside spawns only 1 amount and it spawned always at the same place, this allowed for easier points gain, but harder item gain. Either way I was a no lifer back then so I managed to get 2 box 3. (Didn't choose the other reward) which was a johto box of 3 starter pokemon. Also there was eggs which allowed you to get togepi. That was kinda cool. Halloween event 2011 it was pretty hard, the items especially the items for box 4/cloned box was much harder to get than Halloween event 2012. There were also way less spawns too. It was basically KS party at cities all the time, sure there were some spawns in other pokemon spawns but it was no way nearly enough. The rewards got changed like 3 times by Alba. I can understand that, but even that event should have been planned better, at least that time they sticked to the date. Which I'm afraid they didn't on halloween event 2012, and there was really no other choice, Hohenheim would have needed to either change reward requirements or nerfing the spawns in order to keep the event going until today. If he had done that, if he had nerfed spawn it would've been worse than ending event sooner, because then people would feel that it was unfair to those who started late, also the no lifers would get even more points... If he had changed the requirements only the no lifers would get rewards, and everyone would be MAD!

I also know the reasons/unfortunate things that happenend which slowed down the event from starting. Which was beyond Hohenheim's control.

So in my honest opinion there's 2 critical things that the staff should consider before making any event.
  • Do not give dates when event start if you can't keep them. Use the best word in this world, "Soon" but say soon however within a "month" (Ehm.. Do not use this for update stuff) Then there's no problem.
  • Stick to your dates no matter what, by that I mean start of event ---> end of event. If you really can't do that it shows us as an unprofessional staff, and that's bad.
If this Halloween Event 2012 had started when it was supposed to, and lasted for as long it was supposed to, then this event would've been much better than last halloween event, considering the spawns and drop rate.

Ok that was about previous events. Now I'm going to talk about an idea for future events like christmas event which is due "Soon".
In order to make the event more fun and remove some of the grinding I propose a change in christmas jynx.
  • Remove points all together.
  • Add christmas event items for every pokemon depending on their spawn sizes and level, it should be easier/harder to drop certain event items.
  • To make things more interesting add random spawn to 3 event boss on X random places on the map Like a raid
Like these:
Snowlax, Abominable Snowlax, and make a new sprite of Big Snorlax with christmas outfit.
95g4h.png

• These event bosses shouldn't spawn together, and they should spawn at a random place on the map (A notification msg should show up, like a raid) When it's starting to enter world.. and it shouldn't say exactly where it is, like a normal raid. It should give an estimate like let's say it's gonna spawn in viridian forest as an example, then the raid msg should say it will spawn somewhere between viridian and pewter, people would then need to use their brain in order to find it, so players gotta explore themselves. This raid needs to be more advanced too, it shouldn't spawn at same area of the map every time.
  • These event bosses needs to be pretty strong, but depending on the area that they spawn at, their lvl will differ. So for example when it spawns in viridian forest it shouldn't be lvl 200+. More like lvl 80 (Add loads of HP to them), but not too much strength (Lower lvl) when they spawn in newbie areas, this will give every newbie a chance to attack the event boss.
Most important thing loots from event bosses:
  • Rare candy, higher amount of event items. And chance to get CASH something like between 100 hd and 500 hd.
  • Drop rates will differ depending on the level of the event boss. (More items, from higher level bosses) And 100% drop rate from all of the bossess
  • Special token item (Required for best reward).
Here comes the best part, Christmas Jynx should obviously not play rock, paper, scissors with you. But allow you to exchange event items for tokens which then allows you to change them for rewards.
To make it more fun, add a broadcast message every time someone loots the rarest item from event. Player X looted a special token from a Snowlax, CONGRATULATIONS!

Well this was my idea of a new type of christmas event, I think it could be very fun, and EVERY PLAYER WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET SOMETHING.

And about the christmas bags, allow the christmas bags to be exchanged for different tokens that is usable in Christmas Jynx 2012, in order to compensate for the extreme long time we've waited for using our rewards since Christmas Event 2011. That's one year..I propose something like a johto box 1 and a TM Box These can only be acquired from christmas tokens 2011 gained by exchanging christmas bags with Christmas Jynx. For the other rewards in christmas jynx you guys decide, but make many rewards available so any player with any level has a chance to get something.

Last edited:

Athyla

Reaction score
I will give you my feedback about the Hallo event.

Well, I could enjoy it since the very start, and it wasn't so hard to me to get point/items. Some hours after the event started, a friend of mine said that the plates would be valuable, and told me to keep them. With that in my mind, I started to buy some plates when I had a chance, just in case. After some time, the requirements were created, and the plates that I bought for 35~50hds were now costing 500hds. On Sunday afternoon, I had 28 plates, 3200 points and all the items for hoenn box + outfit + 5 tickets. No, i didn't no-lifed on that weekend, I played it until i got tired (believe me, that's not difficult...), but I could reach my goals. I understand the complain of those who didn't get their points, but come on people, let's give them some credit... I was worried on that afternoon, because the Hoenn box would either get more difficult for me (raising requirements or making the respawns worst) or it would be common, cause everybody had a lot of points already. Those who are complaining that the hoenn box was given to the "elite" and the "non-lifers" are just crying babies. Shut the f** up, I hate people who want to get the better things without giving all their effort for it. Those who pushed their selves during the event should get the better prizes, and that's it. If you don't have time to waste with the event, just ignore it, simple as that.

Rasun

Reaction score
Khan : AWESOME IDEA ! And here is my note to your idea, please staff read it too

That christmas event will be the best if you do as khan said !
I loved the token idea. What about making a pokemons reward you with points? Reminds me of World of warcraft - gaining Justice / Valor tokens from raid/dungeon mobs which then u exchange for items.
Valor gives the best stuff, justice worse, but still good.

So maybe pokemons 1-60lvl will drop "Justice -weaker" ("Noob" ppl will like the event too) tokens, and 60 + "Valor - better" tokens, and raid boss will drop special, which is even better than valor.
With justice u can get rewards like johto box 1-2-3 and some candies etc, rocket balls. Valor will be used for better items like TM box, christmas box, outfits, cloned island tickets and Kanto box 4 / hoenn - But these will require very big amont of valor. Special tokens let u exchange them for like 3 for box 4/ hoenn. - Faster than valors, and unlucky ppl will get it for valor. something loike this
Staff :
Please read khan's post, and trhis one, it is worth it :D

Xiskete

Reaction score
There are some good ideas, like idea's Khan, despite some things which even could be a bit better.

My main idea is to put a "Stamina" in order to kill monsters of the following event. Why do I say this?

On the Hallowen Event people could get "easily" the points if they started from the first day until the last one without resting. This is a sickly thing. Events are usually done to make fun and also to get some nice rewards thanks to the luck or thanks to some funny quest in which you have to use your brain to get the prize and not everyone is able to make it. What I saw on last event was people that were the whole day online, while the people who have another hobbies, or works, or study or whatever they do, they were really in disadvantage.

The special items you get from monsters shouldn't be able to be transferred. So just the lucky ones would get those prizes, and this is what makes special an event. Also the quests shouldn't be for the levels 100+ with their over powered pokes. The quests should be a set of tracks in which only the smartest one would get the prize. And there could be many diferent quests of this kind until the staff think is enough.

These are general ideas which should be improved, but atleast would give fun to everyone because all people would think that they can get a prize. People who already can spend hours and hours daily are already awarded with getting a lot of experience, but remember that games are done to give fun, not to spend 10 hours per day and live for the game.

Thanks for your attention!

Rasun

Reaction score
Stamina maybe will work like u can earn max 1k points per day

Xiskete

Reaction score
Stamina maybe will work like u can earn max 1k points per day

Yeah, there are many different ideas. The staff should look for the best one, I was only giving up a general idea, but this is a good one. For example, if they do what you said, 1k killing christmas pokes, then in order to get a reward the most important thing should be some items that are rarely droped by these pokes.

rakeri

Reaction score
In my opinion stamina is shit idea by people who want to have everything for free.
Event is to attract players to game to waste some hours to win prizes.

Xiskete

Reaction score
In my opinion stamina is shit idea by people who want to have everything for free.
Event is to attract players to game to waste some hours to win prizes.

Some hours? In my opinion to play more than 2-3 hours per day starts to be a bit sickly, and if we speak about that in order to get a simple silver pumpkin you already would need more or less to waste 5 hours per day, imagine to get a better prize...

I understand your point view, but there should be a middle point between these things.

And it's not for free, it would be for luck. You might get a very good pokemon, and also a level 30 could also get it, while a lvl 30 in the last event couldn't do anything.

rakeri

Reaction score
Some hours? In my opinion to play more than 2-3 hours per day starts to be a bit sickly, and if we speak about that in order to get a simple silver pumpkin you already would need more or less to waste 5 hours per day, imagine to get a better prize...

I understand your point view, but there should be a middle point between these things.

And it's not for free, it would be for luck. You might get a very good pokemon, and also a level 30 could also get it, while a lvl 30 in the last event couldn't do anything.
I think that if there would be sth like stamina etc. now we would have 1000 ralts, 2000 torchics, ......

I think this event was really good. Everyone could get something.

Back