What's new

Welcome!

Skarmory suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Could you return Skarmory's defensive skill as passive?, it was like an iron defense
or add roost in the moveset

I suggest adding these tms to skarmory
-Tm63 Rock slide
-Tm73 Feint
-Tm71 Double team

I think tms do not affect, on balance:p

A

Albuquerque

BUMP
~

Please improve a little bit Skarmory.
Also add new tms to learnset, like Feint, Double Team, Rock Slide.
Besides change Automize to passive and add Roost, Feint, something counter or fly attack aoe. Maybe bring back Iron Defense as passive instead.

karksiukas

Reaction score
BUMP
~

Please improve a little bit Skarmory.
Also add new tms to learnset, like Feint, Double Team, Rock Slide.
Besides change Automize to passive and add Roost, Feint, something counter or fly attack aoe. Maybe bring back Iron Defense as passive instead.

Fully agree. Previously being one of the nicest flying types, it's now more or less useless and barely anyone ever uses it.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I fully agree too, that Skarmory needs to be improved.

I don't believe Roost is a good idea, because its Steel-Type makes it resistant against several types and it is already inmune to 2 types, so Roost would make it a little bit op.

My suggestion: leaving Razor Wind as a Passive move, since most of its moves are Steel-Type. Replace Automize for Iron Defense. Maybe make Automize passive too? Aggron has 2 Passive moves.
And also add the TMs suggested above. More important, add Feint. Skarmory has no protection nor reflect and only 1 slow stun (doom desire takes some seconds to attack, giving the chance to Opponents to stun you as well or use protect/reflect). Feint will help Skarmory at least counter attack Protect. According to Bulbapedia, Skarmory can learn Feint by lvling up, so I don't see a problem on adding it to its TM learnet. PLEASE :D?

AFipNoV.jpg

Whether Rebalance Team agree or not with our suggestions (hopefully they will), it is a fact that Skarmory needs to be rebalanced. It is not a Pokemon meant to rott in the Locker.

Nymeria

Reaction score
I agree tht she needs to be improved, tho i didnt liked yours suggestions and i cant think on a way to improve

Garkstal

Banned user
Reaction score
There are "priorities" so you must wait after alola as every suggestion given for useless pokes. Welcome to the crew.

Kreatywniak

Reaction score
Could you return Skarmory's defensive skill as passive?, it was like an iron defense
or add roost in the moveset

-Tm63 Rock slide
-Tm73 Feint
-Tm71 Double team

Yes i preffer it's TM's in SKARMO.

Skarmo no have very strong TM's;c

Duzy pan

Reaction score
skarmory need some more hp maybe +1.5-2k? because he dies too fast. Now he have 20,5k hp with 1 short stun

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Please Staff, we are begging you to make Skarmory a good poke.

Hello PAd Community and Members of Staff.

It has come to my attention that in the next month, October 2018, it will be almost a year since it was asked to do something for Skarmory.

Skarmory is right now a crappy pokemon, left to rot in our Lockers. Yes!... I know it was "rebalanced" in May this year, but it is still crappy.

First of all I want to express something: Spikes move is a H O R R I B L E move. Neither does it help to duel nor to lvl up. What do I mean?
1.- Whenever we are duelling and a spike appears underneath the player, it prevents the player to call out another pokemons, making it to lose at least 1 pokemon slot.
2. Something similar when hunting. You use it>your pokemon is defeated>tries to call out a pokemon but can't>wants to move from spot to call out pokemon, but you are already surrounded by wild pokemons so you cannot move and you cannot call out a pokemon either>you are dead.

Please guys, if this has happened to you say something so Staff can see it's not only me.

Now then, let's talk about Skarmory again.

skarmory need some more hp maybe +1.5-2k? because he dies too fast. Now he have 20,5k hp with 1 short stun

I thought he was wrong, but sadly he is not. Skarmory's HP is way too low. It only has 20.5k. Also, just as I said here:
Skarmory has no protection nor reflect and only 1 slow stun (doom desire takes some seconds to attack, giving the chance to Opponents to stun you as well or use protect/reflect).

Skarmory has no protection/endure/substitute and Doom Desire can be counter in duel or when hunting it might die first before using it. So, on top of having the lowest HP for a Steel-type poke (I would even dare to say Skarmory has the lowest hp of all fully evolved pokemon, if we add the % of healing to those who can heal themselves.), it cannot protect itself from anything.

Now then, let me do some comparisons (I love comparisons) to see what each steel-type poke has to hunt:

0. Skarmory:
20.5K HP: Slow Stun - HP NO HEAL - NO PROTECT - 2 Small AoE moves (Steel wing + Gear Grind)

1. Mawile:
20k HP + Swallow (It heals at least 25% so Mawile's final hp would be: 25k) + 1 AoE Stun + 2 Big AoE moves (Fairy Wind + Misty Terrain)

2. Aegislash:
22.2k HP + 1 Aoe Stun + Protection + 2 Big AoE moves (Destiny Bond - Metal Sound) + 1 Small AoE Move (Shadow Claws)

3. Ferrothorn:
23k HP + Substitute + Slow AoE Stun (Doom) + 2 Small AoE moves (Metal Burst + Power Whip)

4. Bisharp:
24.5k HP + 1 Aoe Stun + 2 Big AoE moves (Fling + Metal Sound) + 1 Small AoE move (Metal Burst)

5. Klefki:
21k HP (+2k Draining Kiss= 23K HP total) + 1 Aoe Stun + Protect + 2 Big AoE moves (Fairy Wind + Metal Sound)

6. Aggron:
20k + Endure (+50% = 30k HP total) + 1 AoE Stun + 2 Big AoE moves ( Sand Storm + Metal sound) + 2 Small AoE moves ( Rock Tomb + Metal Burst)

7. Metagross:
22.5k HP+ 2 AoE Stuns + 2 Big AoE moves ( Power Trick + Magnetic Shock) + 1 Small AoE move (Rock Tomb) + Can learn Reflect

8. Empoleon:
22.6k HP + 1 AoE Stun + Protect + 3 Big AoE moves ( Brine + Magnetic Shock + Metal Sound) + 1 small AoE move (Water Spout)

9. Lucario:
21.3k HP + Protect + 2 Big Aoe moves ( Super Power + Circular Explosion) + 1 Small AoE move (Metal Burst)

10. Steelix:
24.5k HP + Underground ("protect" ) + 3 Big AoE moves (Falling Rocks + EQ + Fissure) + 1 Small AoE move (Rock Tomb)

11. Excadrill:
22.5k HP + Protect + 1 AoE Stun + 2 Big AoE moves (EQ + Metal Sound)

12. Bronzong:
20k HP (+3.6k Telekinesis= 23.6k total) + Protect + 1 Aoe Stun + 3 Big Aoe moves (Rain Dance + Extrasensory + Metal Sound)

13. Normal Scizor:
21.5k + 1 Aoe Stun + 2 Big Aoe moves (Infestation + Meteor Mash) + 2 Smal AoE moves ( x-scissor + cutter dance)

14. Forretress:
21.4k HP + 1 slow stun (doom) + 1 Big AoE move (Iron Burst) + 1 small Aoe move (gyro ball) + Can learn Reflect

15. Probopass:
21k HP + Protect + 1 Aoe Stun + 2 Big Aoe moves ( Magnetic Shock + Stone Edge)

16. Magnezone:
22.6k + NO Aoe Stuns + 3 Big Aoe moves (Magnetic Shock + Electric Terran + Metal Sound) + Can learn Reflect

Now then... I decided to make this comparison because sometimes ppl say "Steel pokes are too strong, they are resistant to so many types and if they add good moves they will be too OP". Well, hopefully you can see for yourself after this long comparison, that most of Steel-type pokes have good moveset with some Protect move, Endure, Substitute, Healing move or they can learn Reflect.

Sadly, Skarmory has NONE of the moves mentioned above.

Also... I know I wrote "comparison to hunt" and I can sense people already saying "Skarmory is more for duel than for hunting". Well let me tell you something... sadly, again, Skarmory is not that good for duelling either. It doesn't even learn good tms to counter its weaknesses. It can learn Sandstorm, to counter fire-type pokemon... but the damage is pretty low. See it for yourself:

yWD9Pyr.png

Skarmory's Sandstorm damage.

Now a comparison of TMs of other Steel-type pokemon to counter they weaknesses:

Bronzong, which has Rain Dance already, deals same damage with TM Rock Polish... and on top of that it stuns.
DGv7PQt.png

bBh7gcm.png

This are Mawile and Metagross' Sandstorm damage.

even Forretress, which is not that popular for duel, deals more damage with Sandstorm
iZAr5P4.png

Also, noteworthy Metagross, Klekfi, Aegislash can learn Rain Dance...

My suggestions?

First of all: please remove Spikes. I am begging you. I know Bulbapedia says it learns Spikes by lvling up, but it also says it learns Feint by lvling up too and it doesn't have it so....
2. Bulbapedia also says, Skarmory can learn Protect, Roost and Substitute by TMs and Endure by Breeding. So hopefully you can consider adding one of this, if possible.
3. Maybe remove Razor Wind from passive. It doesn't deal that much damage. Just leave Automize.

I would dare to say something like this:

Razor Wind + Automize - Passive -> | Automize - Passive
Peck - m1 - level 50 - 10s -> |Peck - m1 - level 50 - 10s
Fly Attack - m2 - level 50 - 35s -> |Fly Attack - m2 - level 50 - 30s
Gear Up - m3 - level 50 - 15s -> |Gear Up - m3 - level 50 - 15s
Air Shot - m4 - level 50 - 15s -> |Air Shot - m4 - level 50 - 15s
Flash Cannon - m5 - level 50 - 20s -> |Flash Cannon - m5 - level 50 - 20s
Gear Grind - m6 - level 52 - 15s -> |Roost or Substitute or Endure - m6 - level 60 - 40s or 50s or 60s
Brave Bird - m7 - level 55 - 45s -> |Brave Bird - m7 - level 55 - 45s
Spikes - m8 - level 60 - 40s -> |Steel Wing - m8 - level 60 - 40s
Steel Wing - m9 - level 60 - 45s -> |Doom Desire - m10 - level 60 - 45s

Doom Desire - m10 - level 65 - 50s -> |Shift Gear - m10 - level 65 - 45s

It's only a suggestion, a "start".

Please members of Staff, do something about Skarmory. It needs it.

P.S.: I know I ask too much but... is it also possible to do a revamp of sprite? Sprite looks kinda old and I could be so much better. Just like Altaria's sprite now, which is one of the best in game.

Thank you so much! and sorry for long post.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
the move spike should be fixed for all pokes, it should not appear below any player. (edit: or the player should be allowed to release a pokemon on top of a spike)

about the moves of skarmory I dont level up mine yet to check wether it is good or not, but I expect it to be strong, it has a nice combination of types

Fallen Angel

Reaction score

It has come to my attention that in the next month, October 2018, it will be almost a year since it was asked to do something for Skarmory.

Skarmory is right now a crappy pokemon, left to rot in our Lockers. Yes!... I know it was "rebalanced" in May this year, but it is still crappy.

First of all I want to express something: Spikes move is a H O R R I B L E move. Neither does it help to duel nor to lvl up. What do I mean?
1.- Whenever we are duelling and a spike appears underneath the player, it prevents the player to call out another pokemons, making it to lose at least 1 pokemon slot.
2. Something similar when hunting. You use it>your pokemon is defeated>tries to call out a pokemon but can't>wants to move from spot to call out pokemon, but you are already surrounded by wild pokemons so you cannot move and you cannot call out a pokemon either>you are dead.

Please guys, if this has happened to you say something so Staff can see it's not only me.

I thought he was wrong, but sadly he is not. Skarmory's HP is way too low. It only has 20.5k. Also, just as I said here:

Skarmory has no protection/endure/substitute and Doom Desire can be counter in duel or when hunting it might die first before using it. So, on top of having the lowest HP for a Steel-type poke (I would even dare to say Skarmory has the lowest hp of all fully evolved pokemon, if we add the % of healing to those who can heal themselves.), it cannot protect itself from anything.

Now then, let me do some comparisons (I love comparisons) to see what each steel-type poke has to hunt:

0. Skarmory:
20.5K HP: Slow Stun - HP NO HEAL - NO PROTECT - 2 Small AoE moves (Steel wing + Gear Grind)

1. Mawile:
20k HP + Swallow (It heals at least 25% so Mawile's final hp would be: 25k) + 1 AoE Stun + 2 Big AoE moves (Fairy Wind + Misty Terrain)

2. Aegislash:
22.2k HP + 1 Aoe Stun + Protection + 2 Big AoE moves (Destiny Bond - Metal Sound) + 1 Small AoE Move (Shadow Claws)

3. Ferrothorn:
23k HP + Substitute + Slow AoE Stun (Doom) + 2 Small AoE moves (Metal Burst + Power Whip)

4. Bisharp:
24.5k HP + 1 Aoe Stun + 2 Big AoE moves (Fling + Metal Sound) + 1 Small AoE move (Metal Burst)

5. Klefki:
21k HP (+2k Draining Kiss= 23K HP total) + 1 Aoe Stun + Protect + 2 Big AoE moves (Fairy Wind + Metal Sound)

6. Aggron:
20k + Endure (+50% = 30k HP total) + 1 AoE Stun + 2 Big AoE moves ( Sand Storm + Metal sound) + 2 Small AoE moves ( Rock Tomb + Metal Burst)

7. Metagross:
22.5k HP+ 2 AoE Stuns + 2 Big AoE moves ( Power Trick + Magnetic Shock) + 1 Small AoE move (Rock Tomb) + Can learn Reflect

8. Empoleon:
22.6k HP + 1 AoE Stun + Protect + 3 Big AoE moves ( Brine + Magnetic Shock + Metal Sound) + 1 small AoE move (Water Spout)

9. Lucario:
21.3k HP + Protect + 2 Big Aoe moves ( Super Power + Circular Explosion) + 1 Small AoE move (Metal Burst)

10. Steelix:
24.5k HP + Underground ("protect" ) + 3 Big AoE moves (Falling Rocks + EQ + Fissure) + 1 Small AoE move (Rock Tomb)

11. Excadrill:

12. Bronzong:
20k HP (+3.6k Telekinesis= 23.6k total) + Protect + 1 Aoe Stun + 3 Big Aoe moves (Rain Dance + Extrasensory + Metal Sound)

13. Normal Scizor:
21.5k + 1 Aoe Stun + 2 Big Aoe moves (Infestation + Meteor Mash) + 2 Smal AoE moves ( x-scissor + cutter dance)

14. Forretress:
21.4k HP + 1 slow stun (doom) + 1 Big AoE move (Iron Burst) + 1 small Aoe move (gyro ball) + Can learn Reflect

15. Probopass:

16. Magnezone:
22.6k + NO Aoe Stuns + 3 Big Aoe moves (Magnetic Shock + Electric Terran + Metal Sound) + Can learn Reflect

Now then... I decided to make this comparison because sometimes ppl say "Steel pokes are too strong, they are resistant to so many types and if they add good moves they will be too OP". Well, hopefully you can see for yourself after this long comparison, that most of Steel-type pokes have good moveset with some Protect move, Endure, Substitute, Healing move or they can learn Reflect.

Also... I know I wrote "comparison to hunt" and I can sense people already saying "Skarmory is more for duel than for hunting". Well let me tell you something... sadly, again, Skarmory is not that good for duelling either. It doesn't even learn good tms to counter its weaknesses. It can learn Sandstorm, to counter fire-type pokemon... but the damage is pretty low. See it for yourself:

yWD9Pyr.png

Bronzong, which has Rain Dance already, deals same damage with TM Rock Polish... and on top of that it stuns.
DGv7PQt.png

bBh7gcm.png

even Forretress, which is not that popular for duel, deals more damage with Sandstorm
iZAr5P4.png

My suggestions?

First of all: please remove Spikes. I am begging you. I know Bulbapedia says it learns Spikes by lvling up, but it also says it learns Feint by lvling up too and it doesn't have it so....
2. Bulbapedia also says, Skarmory can learn Protect, Roost and Substitute by TMs and Endure by Breeding. So hopefully you can consider adding one of this, if possible.
3. Maybe remove Razor Wind from passive. It doesn't deal that much damage. Just leave Automize.

Gear Grind - m6 - level 52 - 15s -> |Roost or Substitute or Endure - m6 - level 60 - 40s or 50s or 60s

P.S.: I know I ask too much but... is it also possible to do a revamp of sprite? Sprite looks kinda old and I could be so much better. Just like Altaria's sprite now, which is one of the best in game.

I had the problem with Spikes as well(got it from false swipe and was stupid enough to use it). And I agree that it is one of the worst moves ever, especially during raids(there is always the guy with spikes who tries to kill everyone else).
The moveset you are suggesting looks very solid, but Doom Desire cooldown reduction might be a bit much, other than that I really like it.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
the move spike should be fixed for all pokes, it should not appear below any player. (edit: or the player should be allowed to release a pokemon on top of a spike)

about the moves of skarmory I dont level up mine yet to check wether it is good or not, but I expect it to be strong, it has a nice combination of types

you "expect" it to be strong and you think current moves are "nice".

Well, by all means... go and test it and leave your honest opinion here.

Since all of its AoE are Steel-type, why don't u try it here:

-Gardevoirs Azalea Pyramid
-Ice 135 (Frozen Harbour)
-Ice 170 (walking by tp at Dragons)
-Rock Palace
-New Ice Spawn

I would only ask one thing of you: Please don't go to Rampardos. Rampardos' spawn would be the "easiest" one because there are not so many and since they will surround Skarmory, it's current moveset will be "good enough".

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Bumping this:

-Tm63 Rock slide
-Tm73 Feint
-Tm71 Double team

And this:

0. Skarmory:

1. Mawile:

2. Aegislash:

3. Ferrothorn:

4. Bisharp:

5. Klefki:

6. Aggron:

7. Metagross:

8. Empoleon:

9. Lucario:

10. Steelix:

11. Excadrill:

12. Bronzong:

13. Normal Scizor:

14. Forretress:

15. Probopass:

16. Magnezone:

yWD9Pyr.png

DGv7PQt.png

bBh7gcm.png

iZAr5P4.png

My suggestions?

Also, is it possible to increase Sandstorm’s damage to 1.8k per hit instead of 1.5k?

Thanks again!

NandoCruise

Reaction score
THANK YOU.

Thank you very much for improving Skarmory's moveset.

I only have 3 more little things to ask:

1.- Could you add TM073 Feint and TM063 Rock Slide to TM learset?

According to Bulbapedia it learns Feint by lvling up and Rock Slide by TM.

42VFWQB.png

Cdc4IJV.png

2.- Could you slightly increase Steel Wing damage to 1.5k per hit?
I know this move can sometimes hit 4 times, but its area is small (just around pokemon), so I don't think +100 damage per hit (300 / 400 in total) would make Skarmory OP.

3.- Could you increase HP to 22k (or maybe 22.5k?)
Please don't forget that Skarmory has NO protect, CANNOT learn Reflect, DON'T HAVE Iron Defense anymore and now that Fly Attack is gone, it is highly susceptible to receive all damage. It used to have 20.5k, now 21.5k but compared to other Steel-type pokemons (see my comparisons here: http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?39859-Skarmory-suggestion&p=367936&viewfull=1#post367936) it still has low HP.

Again, thank you for adding Shift Gear, it is an awesome move and it definitely will help Skarmory in both, PVE and PVP. But it still need those little extras... not to be OP but to be decent.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
1.- Could you add TM073 Feint and TM063 Rock Slide to TM learset?

According to Bulbapedia it learns Feint by lvling up and Rock Slide by TM.

3.- Could you increase HP to 22k (or maybe 22.5k?)
Please don't forget that Skarmory has NO protect, CANNOT learn Reflect, DON'T HAVE Iron Defense anymore and now that Fly Attack is gone, it is highly susceptible to receive all damage. It used to have 20.5k, now 21.5k but compared to other Steel-type pokemons (see my comparisons here: http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?39859-Skarmory-suggestion&p=367936&viewfull=1#post367936) it still has low HP.

Small bump on #1

BIG bump on #3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back