What's new

Welcome!

Galvantula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
We can notice that this pokemon isn't used on the pvp side or outside of pvp, it's the only electric pokemon that had never improved for a long time while jolteon, raichu, zebstrika, pachirisu have been improved, now galvantula is too weak so much for pvp and pve so I would like to suggest a few but important changes that could improve it on both sides.
First of all I think it would be fine to increase hp, now it has 23.5k hp so I would suggest an increase to 25k hp, why? Well, this pokemon hasn't protection, it doesn't have false swipe or wish and I noticed that some pokes that don't have these moves are always characterized by a good hp for example feraligatr, seaking, houndoom.
For another hand in its moveset, I would suggest bug buzz> lunge, I don't know if it would be possible to move this tm to moveset but this change would make it useful on the side lvl side/ pvp side, for second option would be Fell Stinger.
And Besides its passive, i would like to suggest that you change the struggle bug for the Double team, since it takes a long time to use the move, I think this would compensate for the time.
Finally Throat Chop would be fine to replacing double team in moveset ,this move will give more variety to its move set and will help it with many pokemons that we can see a lot in pvp like palossand, golurk or delphox.

Current Moveset:
P: Struggle bug
m1-> Bug Bite >10s
m2-> Electroweb >25s
m3-> Sticky web >30s
m4-> Pin Missile>15s
m5-> Nuzzle>20s
m6-> Volt Switch >15s
m7-> Disable >45s
m8-> Discharge >40s
m9-> Double Team>50s
m10->bug buzz >35s

My Suggestion :

P: Double Team
m1-> Bug Bite >10s
m2-> Electroweb >25s
m3-> Sticky web >30s
m4-> Pin Missile>15s
m5-> Nuzzle>20s
m6-> Volt Switch >15s
m7-> Disable >45s
m8-> Discharge >40s
m9-> Throat Chop>35s
m10->Lunge / Fell Stinger>50s

Feel free to give your opinion and your suggest but always being objective. :p

Last edited:

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
First of all I think it would be fine to increase hp, now it has 23.5k hp so I would suggest an increase to 25k hp, why? Well, this pokemon hasn't protection, it doesn't have false swipe or wish and I noticed that some pokes that don't have these moves are always characterized by a good hp for example feraligatr, seaking, houndoom.
I agree with this; for a protectless Pokemon like Galvantula, it should have way more HP. IIRC he's the only protectless electric Pokemon aswell, so... yeah, this change should be fine.

For another hand in its moveset, I would suggest bug buzz> lunge, I don't know if it would be possible to move this tm to moveset but this change would make it useful on the side lvl side/ pvp side, for second option would be Fell Stinger.
I freaking agree with this one. Never seen ANYONE willingly exp Galvantula for "fun" or because it is good to exp; yeah, you can add TMs for such task, but it's still a pain in the ass since him being protectless, makes it harder to cast every AoE that he has. Fell Stinger should be fine to boost this side, and Bug Buzz could go to TMs

And Besides its passive, i would like to suggest that you change the struggle bug for the Double team, since it takes a long time to use the move, I think this would compensate for the time.
I actually don't agree with this change, I'd rather keep him without Double Team at all, change passive for something that deals more damage but it's still Bug Type target (Rage Powder?) and even boost his HP up to 26k, just like full non-protect Pokemon; otherwise, if this change goes thru, I'd say his HP would be increased to 24.5k~ at max, but both are decent ideas.

Finally Throat Chop would be fine to replacing double team in moveset ,this move will give more variety to its move set and will help it with many pokemons that we can see a lot in pvp like palossand, golurk or delphox.
not only ghosts Pokemon, but Psy pokemon which should be stuff that Galvantula can kill naturally due to him being bug, and it would be at the same time a coverage move, so it's a decent idea.

tl;dr
struggle bug > rage powder (with 26k HP)/double team (with 25~ or 24.5k hp) ok
double team > throat chop ok
bug buzz > fell stinger ok

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
Also find another option for Infestation/Quiver Dance, because that one IS on his tm learnset.

IMO, Galvantula is fine as it is. It's really fine for duels, and it's relatively hard to exp, not every Pokémon should be super easy to exp.

My thread form 1y ago :) so why galvantula now need changes?

warroxxx

Reaction score
there are other pokes that deserve an improvement even more than galvantula, change a whole set of movements is already too much, has a variety of very good movements to lean on at the time of modification but galvantula in itself does not deserve more than an increase of hp, your movements are ideal, but improving it is more like a whim.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
there are other pokes that deserve an improvement even more than galvantula, change a whole set of movements is already too much, has a variety of very good movements to lean on at the time of modification but galvantula in itself does not deserve more than an increase of hp, your movements are ideal, but improving it is more like a whim.

I agree that more pokemons need to improve but there isnt doubt that galvantula also needs it, say that galvantula only needs an increase of hp isnt totally objective because we know that an increase of hp won't make it look in pvp and pve, besides I am not suggesting a complete change of moveset, just a few small changes that will make it useful.

Ps: If you think that more pokemons need to improve, you can create threads.

Last edited:

Mirajane

Reaction score
First, lets start with the things I agree with:

Things I agree:
Giving it Fell Stinger
Giving it Throat Chop in exchange for Double Team.
Finally, I agree with giving it maybe 24-25k Hp

Things I do not agree:
Giving it Double Team as a passive. I say that in duels it will give it too much of an advantage. Since Double Team can act as a protect and also forces a retarget.
I say it is either Double Team and leave the passive it has already. Or remove Double Team in Exchange for Throat Chop and still keep the passive it already has.

Just my opinion. If you disagree or agree comment below feel free.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
First, lets start with the things I agree with:

Things I agree:
Giving it Fell Stinger
Giving it Throat Chop in exchange for Double Team.
Finally, I agree with giving it maybe 24-25k Hp

Things I do not agree:
Giving it Double Team as a passive. I say that in duels it will give it too much of an advantage. Since Double Team can act as a protect and also forces a retarget.
I say it is either Double Team and leave the passive it has already. Or remove Double Team in Exchange for Throat Chop and still keep the passive it already has.

Just my opinion. If you disagree or agree comment below feel free.

Uhmmm I doubt that double team can replace protection, a clear example would be frosslas that has reflect in tms and double team of passive. About forcing the target, it is easy to know which is the real one (more hp than the other clones), but anyway if the most people think the same, an option would be vitto's suggestion (replace passive struggle>rage powder).

Thanks for your opinion, it's really nice to hear opinions like this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back