What's new

Welcome!

Tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I would like to suggest some changes to tyranitar because I am completely sure that this poke is forgotten and also I always see many people complaining about this poke,for this reason I consider that this poke need a good improve,so my suggestions are the following:

The first change that I have in mind is replace hyper beam for ice punch , tyranitar doesnt have any stun on moveset, so I think that this stun is perfect for it, also this change will help a lot on pvp for pokes grass and also ground.

The another change that I see efficient is replace night daze for fling,this move can deal more than 2 hits and has more distance, for this reason this move would be perfect on pvp and pve.

Finally, add a good passive that would be make more interesting on pvp like iron defense, this passive will help it a lot knowing that it has 7 weakness.

Current Moveset:

m1-> Payback >10s
m2-> Chip Away >30s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide >15s
m5-> Hyper Beam >20s
m6-> Earthquake >45s
m7-> Substitute >50s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Night Daze>45s
m10->Sandstorm >45s

My Suggestion :

P: Iron Defense
m1-> Payback >10s
m2-> Chip Away >30s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide>15s
m5-> Ice Punch>30s
m6-> Earthquake>45s
m7-> Substitute >45s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Fling >50s
m10-> Sandstorm >50s

Feel free to give your opinion about this suggestion.
Regards.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see a reason on changing Night Daze to Fling. You just want it to have more damage because Fling is random and bigger area, this is what I disagree with. It learns snarl and falling rocks with TM, that's more than enough, specially that it can have both at once.

Shadow Mist

Reaction score
also due to 6 out of 10 moves being aoe moves, I doubt he'll get a stun. Kinda like Steelix, whose stuns are only on TMs.

Iron Defense might be ok, depending on HP (too lazy to check his HP, someone pls post it)

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community and Staff.

I want to bring back this thread, but with new suggestions, since Fling changed formula.

I agree with Caxoxd, Tyranitar is definitely forgotten. I also want to point out, that Tyranitar is a pseudo-legendary Pokemon, just like Dragonite, and I have the feeling that Rebalance-team doesn't want to make it too op.

But I think Tyranitar deserves a GREAT moveset. Why? because due to its dual-type, it is weak against 7 types... this is why not so many ppl want to use it for PvP. And regarding PvE it is also not so popular, because just as Caxoxd mentioned... it doesn't have any stun in moveset, just Substitute as protection but this is not enough. This is a bit similar to Aurorus' case (being weak to a lot of things), however Aurorus has No Guard ability, learns reflect and it has stun in moveset and hence it is a popular option for both: PvP and PvE.

The problem I see with Tyranitar is, for instance, as a Dark-type pokemon he should be great hunting Psychic and Ghost, but having 2 Normal-type moves make it not so very effective hunting Ghost-type pokemon; in addition, hunting Psychic-type pokemon is also a problem because most of them spam reflect and Substitute doesn't protect the user against Reflect (this is why Tyranitar needs a stun move). Furthermore, as a Rock-type pokemon hunting at Flying - or Fire-type respawns (with Charizards) then Earthquake is not that helpful. However, Earthquake is a great counter against Steel-type pokemon (frequently-used type in Duels)

I will go a little bit crazy on my suggestion, but Forum is always about discussing what's best so feel free to comment on it!

Current moveset:
m1-> Payback >10s
m2-> Chip Away >30s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide >15s
m5-> Hyper Beam >20s
m6-> Earthquake >45s
m7-> Substitute >50s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Night Daze>45s
m10->Sandstorm >45s

My suggestion:

P: Hyper Beam

m1-> Ice Fang >10s : Small counter (like in Manectric's moveset)
m2-> Flamethrower >20s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide>15s
m5-> Fling>30s : Dark-type stun
m6-> Earthquake>45s
m7-> Substitute >45s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Night Daze >45s
m10-> Sandstorm >50s / increase cooldown to 50 sec because of ability Sand stream

I based my suggestion on Druddigon, which has 3 counter moves from 3 different types. That's why I am suggesting 3 counter moves for Tyranitar, because it needs them... it is a Pseudo-legendary pokemon and it can learn all these moves according to bulbapedia.
Besides, I suggested Hyper Beam as passive, because Tyranitar is one of those pokemon we always see in the anime which can use Hyper Beam like crazy; Iron defense, because as I mentioned before, Tyranitar is weak to a lot of things so iron defense can help mainly in PvP but also in PvE if you want to hunt Bug-types, for instance.

Now then...

Regarding PvE: with these changes you can choose to make Tyranitar either full Rock or full Dark. Why and How? It would have a stun move + Subtitute. This gives you enough time to use several moves so you can use 2 Rock TMs or 2 Dark TMs without wasting 1 spot for a stun (by the way Tyranitar doesn't learn any good stun TM for PvE other than water pulse and sleep talk, which are not that good if u want to go full dark).

Regarding PvP: Tyranitar is one of those pokemon (like Rhyperior) which can learn A LOT of TMs. This is good, because you can choose whatever counter TM you want. However, with the actual moveset, Tyranitar is in disadvantage because it has no stun move and it can only learn 1 from TMs. With new moveset, restriction will still be the same but now Tyranitar will be able to have 2 stuns, like the rule says.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Nando~

demzpacito

Reaction score
Tyranitar has 3 moves with high damage (Night Daze, Sandstorm and Earthquake), besides paralyzing move and substitute. You still wanna add an area stun, two counters and 2 passives?

I agree that Tyra could use an area stun since stun TMs it can learn dont fit very well in it. But one poke shouldnt have all that I mentioned above. This is my suggestion

P: Payback
m1-> Ice Fang >15s
m2-> Fling >35s
m3-> Rock Throw >10s
m4-> Rock Slide >15s
m5-> Hyper Beam >20s
m6-> Blackout >20s
m7-> Substitute >50s
m8-> Beat Up >35s
m9-> Night Daze>45s
m10->Sandstorm >45s

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Tyranitar has 3 moves with high damage (Night Daze, Sandstorm and Earthquake), besides paralyzing move and substitute. You still wanna add an area stun, two counters and 2 passives?

I agree that Tyra could use an area stun since stun TMs it can learn dont fit very well in it. But one poke shouldnt have all that I mentioned above. This is my suggestion

P: Payback
m1-> Ice Fang >15s
m2-> Fling >35s
m3-> Rock Throw >10s
m4-> Rock Slide >15s
m5-> Hyper Beam >20s
m6-> Blackout >20s
m7-> Substitute >50s
m8-> Beat Up >35s
m9-> Night Daze>45s
m10->Sandstorm >45s

Thank you for your feedback Demz.

As I mentioned, I wanted to go a "little bit" crazy not only because Tyranitar is a pseudo-legendary but also because it has a lot of weaknesses (hence, not that popular).

I see that your suggestion is more PvE-focused (you even want Earthquake gone and fling with 35 sec cooldown, when almost all stuns in movesets have 30 sec cooldown), whereas my suggestion is more versatile... since it gives you the possibility to focus not only on full Rock (because you would have Rock Tomb + Sandstorm + 2 Rock TMs) or full Dark (Fling + Night Daze + 2 Dark TMs), but also full PvP (Let's say 1 Stun TM: Doom Desire/Sleep Talk or Water Pulse + Counter TM).

As I mentioned before, Tyranitar is one of those pokemon who can learn so many different TMs but with the current moveset is hard to "take advantage" of this.

Also, I don't see how these 3 counters would make Tyranitar too OP (2 low-damage moves and 1 6k-damage move). Ice-type move would be counter against Ground/Grass, Fire-type move against Steel/Bug/Grass and Ground-type move against Steel. There are still Water, Fighting (double weakness) and Fairy types which Tyranitar would have no counter at all.

If Rebalance team thinks 3 counters is too much (but I honestly don't see it as a problem), then instead of suggestion #1:

P: Hyper Beam

m1-> Ice Fang >10s
m2-> Flamethrower >20s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide>15s
m6-> Earthquake>45s
m7-> Substitute >45s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Night Daze >45s
m10-> Sandstorm >50s

Maybe then suggestion #2:

P: Hyper Beam or Chip Away

m1-> Ice Fang >10s
m2-> Blackout >20s
m3-> Crunch >15s
m4-> Rock Slide>15s
m6-> Earthquake>45s
m7-> Substitute >45s
m8-> Rock Tomb >30s
m9-> Night Daze >45s
m10-> Sandstorm >50s

But again... I feel like Iron Defence is also really important to help Tyranitar resist a little bit.

What do you guys think?

Nando~

Last edited:

Zecao

Reaction score
the problem is not in tyranitar's moveset, it is a combination of factors that make it unattractive for PvP.

1) Type table:
Tyranitar is rock / dark type, its most significant weaknesses are: Steel / Fight / Fairy.
These three weaknesses put it in a very low place when preferring to use it in PvP fights, we all know the power of the fairy types, the resistance of the steel type, and the power of the fight type.

2) the fact that his ability is not what many of us want in climates, sandstorm is supposed to be an iconic move in Tyranitar, and having it as an ability should be an advantage, but since there are no side effects with abilities yet, it is very difficult to take advantage of this pokemon.

3) possible solution, Add a characteristic movement to this pokemon such as "Rock Trap", since there is "rock tomb" but this rock type movement, could help not only tyranitar but also the rock type in general to have a gap within fights, with decent damage and with the effect of leaving the pokemon anchored to not being able to be changed in combat, either by Choice Scarf / Batom Pass / Hold Back. It would give it an important weight in the current goal, where 80% of the players criticize the role of these movements in combat

New Moveset: (PVP)

Passive: Defense Curl (posible gameplay with fluffy tail how held)
m1- Fire Fang (for have some movement to fight steel types)
m2- Rock Slide
m3- Scary Face (to protects against protections/reflects)
m4 Crunch (caracteristic dark type of tyranitar)
m5 Hyper Beam
m6 Rock Trap (rock type damage with the ab of block the exit of a pokemon with batom/hold back/choice scarf formules)
m7 Earthquake
m8 Sandstorm
m9 Night Daze
m10 AoE like Rain dance.

New Moveset v2

Passive: Defense Curl
m1 fire fang
m2 rock slide
m3 scary face
m4 crunch
m5 hyper beam
m6 spicky shield (Substitute its the main problem with tyranitar its doesnt nothing to protects himselft) (oportunity to equip light clay)
m7 rock tomb
m8 Night Daze
m9 Earthquake
m10 Sandstorm

Last edited:

Ashtib

Reaction score
the problem is not in tyranitar's moveset, it is a combination of factors that make it unattractive for PvP.

1) Type table:
Tyranitar is rock / dark type, its most significant weaknesses are: Steel / Fight / Fairy.
These three weaknesses put it in a very low place when preferring to use it in PvP fights, we all know the power of the fairy types, the resistance of the steel type, and the power of the fight type.

2) the fact that his ability is not what many of us want in climates, sandstorm is supposed to be an iconic move in Tyranitar, and having it as an ability should be an advantage, but since there are no side effects with abilities yet, it is very difficult to take advantage of this pokemon.

3) possible solution, Add a characteristic movement to this pokemon such as "Rock Trap", since there is "rock tomb" but this rock type movement, could help not only tyranitar but also the rock type in general to have a gap within fights, with decent damage and with the effect of leaving the pokemon anchored to not being able to be changed in combat, either by Choice Scarf / Batom Pass / Hold Back. It would give it an important weight in the current goal, where 80% of the players criticize the role of these movements in combat

New Moveset: (PVP)

Passive: Defense Curl (posible gameplay with fluffy tail how held)
m1- Fire Fang (for have some movement to fight steel types)
m2- Rock Slide
m3- Scary Face (to protects against protections/reflects)
m4 Crunch (caracteristic dark type of tyranitar)
m5 Hyper Beam
m6 Rock Trap (rock type damage with the ab of block the exit of a pokemon with batom/hold back/choice scarf formules)
m7 Earthquake
m8 Sandstorm
m9 Night Daze
m10 AoE like Rain dance.

New Moveset v2

Passive: Defense Curl
m1 fire fang
m2 rock slide
m3 scary face
m4 crunch
m5 hyper beam
m6 spicky shield (Substitute its the main problem with tyranitar its doesnt nothing to protects himselft) (oportunity to equip light clay)
m7 rock tomb
m8 Night Daze
m9 Earthquake
m10 Sandstorm

This time im not 100% agree with you, i know tyranitar need a improvement... but there no reason for spicky shield. So... My suggest will be this according to bulbapedia:

Passive: Iron Defense & Sandstorm
m1 fire fang (vs steel pokes)
m2 rock slide
m3 scary face
m4 crunch
m5 hyper beam/Giga impact
m6 Protect/Endure (Yes substitute is the main problem of tyra)
m7 rock tomb/thunder wave (paralyze move)
m8 Night Daze
m9 Earthquake
m10 Stone Edge

NandoCruise

Reaction score
This time im not 100% agree with you, i know tyranitar need a improvement... but there no reason for spicky shield. So... My suggest will be this according to bulbapedia:

Passive: Iron Defense & Sandstorm
m1 fire fang (vs steel pokes)
m2 rock slide
m3 scary face
m4 crunch
m5 hyper beam/Giga impact
m6 Protect/Endure (Yes substitute is the main problem of tyra)
m7 rock tomb/thunder wave (paralyze move)
m8 Night Daze
m9 Earthquake
m10 Stone Edge

Sandstorm as Passive would be INCREDIBLE, but I highly doubt it, since it has Sand Stream as ability.
That's why I feel like it would be better to have Hyper Beam or Chip Away as passive, in order to have a sport for either a Dark or Rock type move (or even a counter move).

Scary face is a good move, but useless against Ghost types, that's why I think Fling would be a great Dark-type stun move for Tyranitar.

I really like your suggestion changing Substitute for Protection, because if u want to lvl up in Psychic Spawn... Tyranitar is useless because Substitute doesn't protect against Reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back