What's new

Welcome!

Kabutops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I would like to focus on this pokemon, becouse of some reasons its not so usable these times (its my guess). Next to other water-rock pokemons, Kabutops is not so great. It has just 3 the same area moves (one of them is stun) and two a bit smaller. My suggestions (I hope) would make it a bit better. Actually 3 the biggest same area spells doesn't make it so interesting. Of course they work in different way, but still. Also we can give it 2 TMs which we should always consider and some of them can make really nice work, but still players (as I suppose) won't put some of them which are expensive and new ones. Usually when we see Kabutops on market, it is with TMs as a Water Pulse/Hydropump/Rain Dance/Blizzard (?)/Brick Break/Aerial Ace/Sandstorm/Rock Blast and maybe Falling Rocks. Maybe it is wrong saying from mine side, but I think people won't put TMs such as Water Tornado/Rock Power and others (even which I said above), becouse right now its better to make pokemon with Reflect (Corsola's an example) or buy another one with Protection (like a Relicanth) or Substitute (hello Carracosta) and have varied moveset + 2 great TMs than something what can look the same. Prices of Reflect and let's say Rain Dance are similar. It's known that people would choose pokemon which can protect itself than pokemon without any chance of doing it (also with it gonna be mine suggestion and don't worry it won't be Reflect in moveset or TMset nor Protection). It can be easily said that Kabutops is forgotten pokemon, without any changes for long time and useless.

Here it's its moveset:
i9Ql4UF.png

Moves which I taked about above with same range are:
Downpour - on its final level it deals around 5k. Its very nice, also it is fast and hard to avoid.
KpAP5zr.png

Stealth Rock - on its final level it deals 6x1k (6k in total). Its also very nice, but here is the problem which is easy to avoid cus of its area by prot/ref of by moving.
v7ha10Y.png

And here we are with 3rd one - Water Pledge. It deals 1x1,5k. How many times we deal a DMG from it - 2/3 usually. This stun is ok, but also easy to avoid (same reason as above).
jYgvfDM.png

Other move area is Smack Down which area is a bit smaller than spells above and it deals in total 4.2k~. And another small area is Ancient Power which deals 4k (if our opponent doesn't move it is 4k - nice DMG).

It seems to be a strong pokemon looking on its DMG of area spells, so why people don't use it so often like Corsola, Relicanth or others? I know comparing pokemons one to another its not what are you looking for in suggestion, but it's one of great ways to show how some pokemons are boring (?), not liked in use.

What I want to suggest? So, every water-rock pokemon has protection move or reflect (by TM, doesn't mater) while Kabutops has nothing, then:

1st my suggestion is adding to its moveset move Life Dew/Endure. It could make it stand out of the rest water-rock pokemons. Also adding for Kabutops heal move would make it better in exp and PVP (?). That's the 1st thing which could get players intereseted it in. Of course its HP would be decreased to 20/21k.

2nd suggestion would be adding water move with bigge area (really like Downpour, but something should be changed in these 3 same area moves) for Aqua Power (move which propably has been taken from Slowking, don't know if it's correct name) but a bit faster than it was.

Or adding Rock Swipe instead of Stealth Rock if it is not signed just to Aerodactyl.

Well.. by mine suggestion I won't change so much, becouse its not needed at all, but something should be done in Kabutops case. Hope you will consider something, if no mine suggestion becouse they are wrong and hopeless, then make it by your own, but at least try to do something with it.

I will leave Kabutops with my final moveset and waiting for any reply/other suggestions/comments.

P: Mega Drain
1. Water Pledge
2. Smack Down
3. Bubblebeam
4. Slash
5. Life Dew/Endure
6. Ancient Power
7. Night Slash
8. Aqua Power - how it could work is written above
9. Aqua Bolt
10. Stealth Rock

Or

P: Mega Drain
1. Water Pledge
2. Smack Down
3. Bubblebeam
4. Slash
5. Life Dew/Endure
6. Ancient Power
7. Night Slash
8. Downpour
9. Aqua Bolt
10. Rock Swipe - if it is not just for Aerodactyl

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
Bump.

Added one more idea (2nd moveset' suggestion).

Tsotss

Reaction score
:) :)

@removed hydro vortex - realized it is Z-move

Also if u would add Endure/Life Dew then add TM Surf to its learnest

Last edited:

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Imo you don't have to bumb that thread over and over i doubt that we will soon do proper rebalance aka one with more pokemons cause we are for now busy with other things tho we will look into kabutops once the time comes for that.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Imo you don't have to bumb that thread over and over i doubt that we will soon do proper rebalance aka one with more pokemons cause we are for now busy with other things tho we will look into kabutops once the time comes for that.

Imo it is not so hard to write any simple asnwer, don't you think? I suppose you looked on this thread many times. Couldn't you "waste" your time to write something before? Then I will not bump it anymore as I did in other threads usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back