What's new

Welcome!

Rebalance Thread - Organized suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikee

Reaction score
Forre had Protection and learn Reflect it kill pokes type fire and is Steel/Bug i think it need remove Protection. And the same for Magcargo.... Protect+Reflect = Op

matheo01q

Reaction score
Forre had Protection and learn Reflect it kill pokes type fire and is Steel/Bug i think it need remove Protection. And the same for Magcargo.... Protect+Reflect = Op

U forget to say about other pokemons with use protection +reflect ,blastoise etc.

huberto

Reaction score
Hi, I came here to talk about Yanmega's popularity (yes, this pokemon exists!). It is realy hard to find someone having this poke, to be honest I saw it twice on diamond in 3 months of playing, and im not sure if it wasn't the same guy. What's wrong with him? For dueling he got U Turn and Hypnosis in skillset, Pursuit and Aerial Ace in tm learnset, Tornado and Bug Buzz to deal some decent damage. For leveling he got Silver Wind, Tornado and Bug Buzz, sounds nice on paper but... he has not a single AOE stun and he may die before he release his damage spells, in my opinion it is his huge weakness. My suggestion is to switch Hypnosis for Confusion, it should be enough to make him a bit better for leveling and for dueling it wont change too much.

His another, maybe even bigger problem is his pre-evo Yanma. Im sure some poeple were like "hey, I want Yanmega, lets train Yanma!", but if you look at it's moveset... nobody realy wants to level it up anymore. Untill lvl 50 he barely kills more than 2-3 bulbasaurs (only if you hit all 3 of them with Wing Attack and Signal Beam), after level 50 it getting a bit easier but still he has problems to kill 2 ivysaurs at once. I cant realy see someone leveling him till lvl 80 at low bulbasaur spawns. Im not sure what to change in it, maybe same what I suggested for Yanmega, change Hypnosis for Confusion will help him enough, but something has to be done if we want to see more Yanma/Yanmega in action.

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
Hi, I came here to talk about Yanmega's popularity (yes, this pokemon exists!). It is realy hard to find someone having this poke, to be honest I saw it twice on diamond in 3 months of playing, and im not sure if it wasn't the same guy. What's wrong with him? For dueling he got U Turn and Hypnosis in skillset, Pursuit and Aerial Ace in tm learnset, Tornado and Bug Buzz to deal some decent damage. For leveling he got Silver Wind, Tornado and Bug Buzz, sounds nice on paper but... he has not a single AOE stun and he may die before he release his damage spells, in my opinion it is his huge weakness. My suggestion is to switch Hypnosis for Confusion, it should be enough to make him a bit better for leveling and for dueling it wont change too much.

His another, maybe even bigger problem is his pre-evo Yanma. Im sure some poeple were like "hey, I want Yanmega, lets train Yanma!", but if you look at it's moveset... nobody realy wants to level it up anymore. Untill lvl 50 he barely kills more than 2-3 bulbasaurs (only if you hit all 3 of them with Wing Attack and Signal Beam), after level 50 it getting a bit easier but still he has problems to kill 2 ivysaurs at once. I cant realy see someone leveling him till lvl 80 at low bulbasaur spawns. Im not sure what to change in it, maybe same what I suggested for Yanmega, change Hypnosis for Confusion will help him enough, but something has to be done if we want to see more Yanma/Yanmega in action.

its the same for pokemons like dodrio, they are so good for pvp but without area stuns, they are totally useless for exp, hunt etc

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score

I'm sorry, but not everything should have aoe stuns and be easy for lvl, have you seen Electabuzz?

Anyway, Yanmega is already improved, maybe you'll see it in some days more

Ps. i'll take a look on Yanma's moveset to see if it can level properly

Last edited:

huberto

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but not everything should have aoe stuns and be easy for lvl, have you seen Electabuzz?

Anyway, Yanmega is already improved, maybe you'll see it in some days more

Ps. i'll take a look on Yanma's moveset to see if it can level properly

Dodrio can learn Roar to make it easier, and yes I have seen Electabuzz, but you know what? Electabuzz can learn Reflect so dont realy need stuns anymore.
I'm leveling Yanma right now, from lvl 34 to 51 and I can't see any other way than relog exping. Maybe at lvl 60 I will try to move into some ivysaurs, but probably reloging will still be better and the only way to not suffer a lot.

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Dodrio can learn Roar to make it easier, and yes I have seen Electabuzz, but you know what? Electabuzz can learn Reflect so dont realy need stuns anymore.
I'm leveling Yanma right now, from lvl 34 to 51 and I can't see any other way than relog exping. Maybe at lvl 60 I will try to move into some ivysaurs, but probably reloging will still be better and the only way to not suffer a lot.

Now "it can learn TM reflect" is an argument, but when we use it people says "Do you think people will spend 50k+ to level a pokemon? Not everyone is rich"

Anyway, if my idea is accepted by others rebalancers, Yanma will be way easier to level, so wait for it

Last edited:

Grayfoox

Reaction score
Now "it can learn TM reflect" is an argument, but when we use it people says "Do you think people will spend 50k+ to level a pokemon? Not everyone is rich"

Anyway, if my idea is accepted by others rebalancers, Yanma will be way easier to level, so wait for it

And dodrio? xD It needs to learn some expensive TM :p

koles

Reaction score
I want to talk about psychic pokemons.

For me there are some which need changes.

#1 Wobbuffet
If we check his skillset, and compare with other psychic pokemons i want to take him and throw away in the sea.
I think now this is the most useless psychic pokemon.
Why?
Go check his skillset:

Charm - m1 - level 50 - 10s
Calm Mind - m2 - level 50 - 25s
Psywave - m3 - level 50 - 10s
Psybeam - m4 - level 50 - 10s
Confusion - m5 - level 50 - 30s
Psychic - m6 - level 50 - 15s
Recover - m7 - level 60 - 45s
Safeguard - m8 - level 55 - 40s
Magic Coat - m9 - level 58 - 50s
Psycho Cut - m10 - level 58 - 30s

He not have ANY good skills, only defaults like all psychic pokemons, and Charm <facepalm>.
I want to compare it with the most popular and cheap psychic pokemon Alakazam:

Psybeam - m1 - level 70 - 10s
Psy Pulse - m2 - level 70 - 8s
Confusion - m3 - level 70 - 35s
Psychic - m4 - level 70 - 10s
Psyfusion - m5 - level 80 - 45s
Calm Mind - m6 - level 70 - 20s
Hypnosis - m7 - level 70 - 35s
Reflect - m8 - level 70 - 55s
Restore - m9 - level 70 - 60s
Energy Ball - m10 - level 70 - 20s
Psyshock - Passive

Alakazam is slow, but:

- have full restore HP
- have reflect
- and have passsiv, poor but have
- one beam skill, 2 stuns, 3 AoE moves and ofc can learn TM's

Now Wobbuffet:

- Recover, which heals him only 50%
- magic coat, which is lower for exp or pvp than Reflect
- don't have any passiv
- have 2 wave/beam skills, 1 stun, 3 AoE moves, useless normal move and can't learn TM's

My idea is not nerf Alakazam but buff Wobbuffet, you need to remember that he need to have good basic skillset because we can't upgrade him by TM's.

- remove Charm, put Psyshock
- remove Psybeam
- change Magic Coat for Reflect

2# Espeon
Players whos have cash, and don't have Alakazam probably buy Espeon.
Why?
His very good option between cheap pokemons like Alakazam, Hypno and expensive [Gallade, Gardevoir].
Check his skillset:

Psy Pulse - m1 - level 40 - 10s
Confusion - m2 - level 40 - 30s
Swift - m3 - level 40 - 15s
Psychic - m4 - level 42 - 20s
Reflect - m5 - level 45 - 50s
Future Sight - m6 - level 50 - 25s
Morning Sun - m7 - level 55 - 50s
Psyshock - m8 - level 60 - 25s
Extrasensory - m9 - level 65 - 40s
Boomburst - m10 - level 65 - 45s

- have heal Morning Sun
- have Reflect
- have 4 AoE moves, 0 beams, can learn good TM's so at all can have 6 AoE moves.

Idea for Espeon is simple, change Reflect for Magic Coat, and don't add Reflect for TM learnset.
Why this change? Espeon have many moves for exp, which deals high damage, so exp with this poke on ghosts or dragons is very easy, reflect make half work. That's why i want to change it.

I think thats all ideas which i want show you.

One more psychic pokemon which need changes is Hypno, but now i no have idea for him, maybe i add something in future.

Regards, Borat!

Synthetic

Reaction score
@koles, good suggestions about Wobuffet. I recently buy this pokemon and he's very weak.

crydoku

Reaction score
someone just saw that Licklicky was nerfed one more time?
I want to ask rebalancers why you look at little details for a pokemon that is rarely used because people think is bad, you probably say that its a machine, a beast, but why dont you look at pokemons that really need a nerf in whole moveset, pokemons like salamence, luxray and sylveon sometimes.

Someone give the person who nerfed lickylicky to use the poke i have mentioned, so people gonna cry blood when they see him using these beast.

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
someone just saw that Licklicky was nerfed one more time?
I want to ask rebalancers why you look at little details for a pokemon that is rarely used because people think is bad, you probably say that its a machine, a beast, but why dont you look at pokemons that really need a nerf in whole moveset, pokemons like salamence, luxray and sylveon sometimes.

Someone give the person who nerfed lickylicky to use the poke i have mentioned, so people gonna cry blood when they see him using these beast.

I won't discuss with you, cuz we know how you react towards me every time, you can't tolerate me being disagree with you, but anyway i'll say what i want without reply again.

I made the suggestion to nerf it, if you think you are the only one using it, you are wrong, i'm using it too (Always, since long time ago), we changed it once again some months ago to balance it cuz it was beating everything (REALLY EVERYTHING) i was even killing Fight type and all others (Whatever you can think of), so yes it was a beast that needed a nerf, now is fine and it doesn't have to be changed once again. (STILL i'm not the only one who wanted it nerfed (even if others didn't believe me before), a lot of people saw this pokemon while i was using it)

00:25 You see a level ball.
Lickilicky [130][M] "Patricio"
TM: Brick Break
TM: Earthquake
Position: {x = 3867, y = 3469, z = 6}.

I think many people on diamond (at least duelers with pokes 130) can tell you how strong this poke was before and how they cried cuz we didn't nerf it before, SO if you think it is weak, shitty or something like that, learn how to use it properly, is a really nice pokemon.

PS. I'll ask others about some new pokemons that are kinda OP now, if they are agree, i'll check how to nerf them and make a suggestion for it (for now is just added to the list i have to check)

Obreviate

Reaction score
Sup 0/
I would like to suggest something to Starmie. This pkm it's a very nice pkm, but anyway i believe that her could be better, not in the opness sense.

Current Starmie:

Moves:
Swift - m1 - level 40 - 15s
Bubbles - m2 - level 40 - 10s
Waterball - m3 - level 40 - 10s
Psyshock - m4 - level 40 - 15s
Power Gem - m5 - level 40 - 20s
Recover - m6 - level 40 - 40s
Rapid Spin - m7 - level 45 - 20s
Thunder Wave - m8 - level 48 - 25s
Confusion - m9 - level 50 - 35s
Brine - m10 - level 40 - 40s

My suggestion is about to replace some movement for another one... to be honest i was thinking something like that to her:

Bubles
Thunder Wave
Confusion
Rapid Spin
Swift
Focus
Magic Coat

Signal beam
Recover
Water Sport
Psyshock - Passive

Maybe her tmlearset could to get some "nerf" removing 1 or 2 TMs ( i don't see it as a necessary thing, but... )

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Sup 0/
I would like to suggest something to Starmie. This pkm it's a very nice pkm, but anyway i believe that her could be better, not in the opness sense.

Current Starmie:

Moves:
Swift - m1 - level 40 - 15s
Bubbles - m2 - level 40 - 10s
Waterball - m3 - level 40 - 10s
Psyshock - m4 - level 40 - 15s
Power Gem - m5 - level 40 - 20s
Recover - m6 - level 40 - 40s
Rapid Spin - m7 - level 45 - 20s
Thunder Wave - m8 - level 48 - 25s
Confusion - m9 - level 50 - 35s
Brine - m10 - level 40 - 40s

My suggestion is about to replace some movement for another one... to be honest i was thinking something like that to her:

Bubles
Thunder Wave
Confusion
Rapid Spin
Swift
Focus
Magic Coat

Signal beam
Recover
Water Sport
Psyshock - Passive

Maybe her tmlearset could to get some "nerf" removing 1 or 2 TMs ( i don't see it as a necessary thing, but... )

Sorry, but TMs can't be removed if someone already add one of them and is not necessary to balance it, i'm checking many pokes that people don't use to check if there is something too weak or not, Starmie is on the list i have for now, so later (maybe some days morr) i'll check it to see what it need.

And as i remember Starmie can learn Reflect (not sure, im at cellphone), so i think Magic Coat is not an option

koles

Reaction score
I buy Starmie today, and i think this pokemon don't need anything.
Is good as is now.

You want to remove Brine? Her basic skill?
Only Power gem could be replaced with something other, because this skill deal very low dmg. And some skills could get a bit dmg boost, like rapid spin and swift.

Fivo

Reaction score
Magmar/Electabuzz

Low hp, need to be raised. Few attack, 8 as i remember, almost every pokemon at last evolution has 10 skills. I suggest to add some fighting skill for magmar, for example Dizzy Punch and some area new skill for buzz

koles

Reaction score
Magmar/Electabuzz

Low hp, need to be raised. Few attack, 8 as i remember, almost every pokemon at last evolution has 10 skills. I suggest to add some fighting skill for magmar, for example Dizzy Punch and some area new skill for buzz

They are not last evolutions :s

Obreviate

Reaction score
Sorry, but TMs can't be removed if someone already add one of them and is not necessary to balance it, i'm checking many pokes that people don't use to check if there is something too weak or not, Starmie is on the list i have for now, so later (maybe some days morr) i'll check it to see what it need.

And as i remember Starmie can learn Reflect (not sure, im at cellphone), so i think Magic Coat is not an option

No, she can't to learn reflect.
I hope that Ampharos is on your list too xD

@koles
I think water sport is far more functional than brine to her.

crydoku

Reaction score
No, she can't to learn reflect.
I hope that Ampharos is on your list too xD

@koles
I think water sport is far more functional than brine to her.

starmies hp is a shit
starmies damage is totally bad
starmie doesnt learn reflect even when is psychic
power gem which suppused to be a good move, its totally bad, it was good when it deal 4-5k in flying and not 2-2.5k in all pokemons that has this move.

waramus2

Reaction score
Starmie's hp is really low. Also, it has very little water and psychic moves (3 water, 2 psychic). I suggest adding 2k hp, having swift as passive and add a water move such as bubblebeam. Also add reflect to tm learnset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back