What's new

Welcome!

Rebalance Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
What about Psywave formula like Shock Wave? Is it possible?
@ By Shock Wave you could change smg in Magnezone's moveset to improve it.. But not exchange current best Magnezone move for Shock Wave, smg worse.
Wonder room is like shockwave. Psywave must stay. You guys need to understand some things. Every pokemon needs weak spells, good spells and very good. We can't change every weak spell to a good or very good one, because then every pokemon would be overpowered and in duel it would be dying in less than 30s.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Ah yes, my mistake - I forgot about Wonder Room :v.

shellman

Reaction score
What have they done to ditto?you can't transform into shinies now,this has no logic!(you can do this in the original game)
you can transform into smeargle but it will have no moves(it copies the moves that smeargle learned in the original game)
you can't transform into any of plusle or minun when you fight plusle and minun in a same pokeball
its broken!when i use duel with ditto and the oponnent use one of these pokemon ditto has no chances
ik PA isn't ''the original game'' but THATS NOT FAIR!!

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
What have they done to ditto?you can't transform into shinies now,this has no logic!(you can do this in the original game)
you can transform into smeargle but it will have no moves(it copies the moves that smeargle learned in the original game)
you can't transform into any of plusle or minun when you fight plusle and minun in a same pokeball
its broken!when i use duel with ditto and the oponnent use one of these pokemon ditto has no chances
ik PA isn't ''the original game'' but THATS NOT FAIR!!

cut your hair

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
Wonder room is like shockwave. Psywave must stay. You guys need to understand some things. Every pokemon needs weak spells, good spells and very good. We can't change every weak spell to a good or very good one, because then every pokemon would be overpowered and in duel it would be dying in less than 30s.

Magnezone have like 4 weak moves if you ask me, anyway i wish rebalance staff can say something about magnezone , everyone think how bad it is right now, and none from staff have said if magne is going to change, if there were a mistake or if will be still under review. thanks

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
About Magnezone

Comparing moves from most common electric or steel types :
VOLTWITCH
683d2ef5e3b546179485befa5291edb4.png

037430ff0ae14877b84e533556982125.png

df170bd63e6e4f339dd4e036015a978e.png

Electro Web OKAY
5c82d892516f4ab8ad914b81a823338c.png

BOLT STRIKE, 1600 really? HOW AMAZING MOVE.
20c5c23fadec4723ba737c6c59b1031b.png

ELECTRO SPIN 1200? REALLY?
1621b6e884af4f57952bf8ccdd138173.png

Metal sound? maybe OKAY fine.
e23f3709fc9e4fb785f80f25b1a539ac.png
Hi, this poke is fine and will remain as it is now, we already checked it and is totally fine.

As you've shown, other pokes have stronger Volt Switch than Magnezone, the reason is that Magnezone has the lowest cd on this move among these pokes, only Shiny Lanturn has same cd and is stronger (Obviously because is a Shiny version), Luxray has 25s cd so it deserves to be stronger, Emolga has 20s cd so it also deserves to be stronger too. Still, it has 100 dmg x1 under average, the reason is simply for balance.

Bolt Strike is a weak body vs body move, 1600 dmg x1 is 100 dmg over average for this kind of move, as Raissa said above, pokes must have weak moves aswell as medium and strong damage dealing moves.

About Electro Spin, idk if you even checked the formula, but that kind of formula has average 1.1k dmg x1, 2.2k x2 and it is 100 dmg x1 OVER average. (You can confirm seeing Whirlpool, Heat Wave~~)

As you can see on this image, it has 3 weakness, 1 single type making damage x1 to it (Keep in mind that Ghost and Dark type are making x.5 to Steel, we haven't reached the generation where it changes to x1), 13 TYPES MAKING DAMAGE X.5 OR LESS TO MAGNEZONE (Ghost, Dark, Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Steel, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon + Future Fairy) AND A TOTAL IMMUNITY: Poison.

Metal Sound damage is the common amount for that kind of formula too, so in conclusion, there is nothing to change about it.
It has 2 weak moves: Thunder Shock (Distance move) and Bolt Strike (Body vs body move).
It has 5 moves with medium damage: Volt Switch, Electroweb (Also Paralyzes), Magnet Bomb, Charge Beam, Electro Spin.
It has 2 Strong damage dealing moves + 1 without damage giving stun: Electric Terrain, Metal Sound, Super Sonic.

As an extra, learns Doom Desire, Tri Attack, Discharge and Reflect as strong TMs (As you'd like to choose)

TM Learnset:
TM15 Hyper Beam - level 30 - 30s
TM17 Doom Desire - level 60 - 50s
TM32 Tri Attack - level 30 - 35s
TM33 Reflect - level 50 - 60s
TM39 Discharge - level 60 - 50s
TM66 Parabolic Charge - level 30 - 20s
TM82 Nuzzle - level 40 - 25s

Last edited:

crydoku

Reaction score
Hi, this poke is fine and will remain as it is now, we already checked it and is totally fine.

As you've shown, other pokes have stronger Volt Switch than Magnezone, the reason is that Magnezone has the lowest cd on this move among these pokes, only Shiny Lanturn has same cd and is stronger (Obviously because is a Shiny version), Luxray has 25s cd so it deserves to be stronger, Emolga has 20s cd so it also deserves to be stronger too. Still, it has 100 dmg x1 under average, the reason is simply for balance.

Bolt Strike is a weak body vs body move, 1600 dmg x1 is 100 dmg over average for this kind of move, as Raissa said above, pokes must have weak moves aswell as medium and strong damage dealing moves.

About Electro Spin, idk if you even checked the formula, but that kind of formula has average 1.1k dmg x1, 2.2k x2 and it is 100 dmg x1 OVER average. (You can confirm seeing Whirlpool, Heat Wave~~)

As you can see on this image, it has 3 weakness, 1 single type making damage x1 to it (Keep in mind that Ghost and Dark type are making x.5 to Steel, we haven't reached the generation where it changes to x1), 13 TYPES MAKING DAMAGE X.5 OR LESS TO MAGNEZONE (Ghost, Dark, Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Steel, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon + Future Fairy) AND A TOTAL IMMUNITY: Poison.

Metal Sound damage is the common amount for that kind of formula too, so in conclusion, there is nothing to change about it.
It has 2 weak moves: Thunder Shock (Distance move) and Bolt Strike (Body vs body move).
It has 5 moves with medium damage: Volt Switch, Electroweb (Also Paralyzes), Magnet Bomb, Charge Beam, Electro Spin.
It has 2 Strong damage dealing moves + 1 without damage giving stun: Electric Terrain, Metal Sound, Super Sonic.

As an extra, learns Doom Desire, Tri Attack, Discharge and Reflect as strong TMs (As you'd like to choose)

TM Learnset:
TM15 Hyper Beam - level 30 - 30s
TM17 Doom Desire - level 60 - 50s
TM32 Tri Attack - level 30 - 35s
TM33 Reflect - level 50 - 60s
TM39 Discharge - level 60 - 50s
TM66 Parabolic Charge - level 30 - 20s
TM82 Nuzzle - level 40 - 25s

So, in your words, Emolga and Luxray deserve to be stronger? i dont know if i read correctly, bulbapedia and main anime POKEMON even Nintendo shows that magnezone is stronger and rarer, and the question is, What are you going to do to stop some pokemons that for some reason are able to kill magnezone when they shouldnt, im talking about flying/dragon types, Normal, Normal/psychic and some water pokemons such as Empoleon, Politoed and Corsola?,A bout bannet the only ghost pokemon that can defeat magnezone very EASY, i can accept that magnezone defense against ghost will dissapear after you add fairy, same about that dark resistance, but not about these types in whic magnezone should kill easy or with an advantage. I can show you torment how these pokemons can defeat magnezone, same as you, im willing to spend my time for testing this pokemon :), You removed Iron defense, Thunder and Metal Burts to add 3 new moves in which only ONE is good, all other 2 are a fail, you can ask everyone who in game have Magnezone how they feel its new rebalanced pokemon, you think im here for complaining staff for fun? I bet your Lickylicky can make shit magnezone with only 4 moves, even when its normal type shouldnt kill a defensive pokemon, of course Im not a rebalancer to have good rebalanced pokemons, its sad.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I saw some complains about Magnezone. Not necessary here, not everyone has account or want say something here but in game. For us, players ( maybe some of Magnezone's users ) it became more worse than it was. If u don't want exchange again it moves, atleast give back old ones moves ( before changes ). It was better than is now. Really sometimes or hardly ever I used it on duel/exp wtih TM's and it was killed in easy way by any of these better water pokemons, even by water pokemons without prot, what shouldn't happend. I would like to suggest Magnet Rise, but of course it couldn't be added becouse it can learn Reflect therefore second option would be returning Iron Defense/Iron Armor ( idk where is diffrent in those moves ) instead Bolt Strike/Charge Beam/Thunder Shock. Magnezone was really hard pokemon even with Reflect, now is more harder. I hope you can change something.

crydoku

Reaction score
Wobufet: This pokemon has a real problem of damage, the person who suggested these moves for wobu was crazy or drunk.

Currently wobufer is able to defeat anything 1x vs 1x, the main reason for all of his opnss is the damage it has in each of his moves, has the strongest psychic moves even without psychic boost.

Wonder Room With boost

19:26 Your Wobbuffet deals 2950 damage to a Cloned Arbok.
19:26 Your Wobbuffet deals 2940 damage to a Cloned Arbok.

Total: 5890 + 300 hit body attack = 6,000 only with a move.

Role Play with Boost

19:30 Your Wobbuffet deals 2012 damage to an Arbok.
19:30 Your Wobbuffet deals 2014 damage to an Arbok.
19:30 Your Wobbuffet deals 2020 damage to an Arbok.

Total = 6046 +300 body attack = 6346

Pyscho cut with boost

19:31 Your Wobbuffet deals 2312 damage to an Arbok.
19:31 Your Wobbuffet deals 2330 damage to an Arbok.
19:31 Your Wobbuffet deals 2294 damage to an Arbok.

total = 6936 + 300 body attack = 7236

As you can see 3 moves are enough for him to defeat anything 2x while for those bug/poison this is not possible, they have no chances even for a normal bug pokemon its way too dificult because of this stupid very high damage + 2 protections moves wobufet hAS + almost 24,000 hp. really?

I would like that rebalancers could check this pokemon and see what im talking about.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
I think Wobbuffet it's ok because it can't learn any TM... that's why.

crydoku

Reaction score
Hello today i want to ask personally CM Raissa and his friend GM Torment about magnezone, yesterday making a test with him, we all saw (around 10 guys at pvp) how bad is magnezone against pokemons which he should be able to win, right now he has a resistance to ghost and grass types, but even with this amazing defense he is not able to defeat gourgiest doesnt matter which tms magnezone has, i wonder how is that posible? if It's a fight of (1/2)(1/2) vs (1x)(1/2) so total is 1/2 vs 1x , i wonder why even when all moves from gourgirst hit half damage, end always win against magnezone, one more time everyone recognized magnezone is bad, really bad. So, i wonder why our beloved staff don't want to do anything good to this pokemon.
I suggest Raisa, Torment and that little guy who doesnt know english or spanish Lord Sqick (he never speaks in game or forum using these lenguages and even in Pl he rarely speak), i wish you can work together to test pokemons that even after its first rebalance, are still bad (magnezone and fearrow), so this 17th we hope they can be changed too-

Last edited:

KaCtoos

Reaction score
Hello today i want to ask personally CM Raissa and his friend GM Torment about magnezone, yesterday making a test with him, we all saw (around 10 guys at pvp) how bad is magnezone against pokemons which he should be able to win, right now he has a resistance to ghost and grass types, but even with this amazing defense he is not able to defeat gourgiest doesnt matter which tms magnezone has, i wonder how is that posible? if It's a fight of (1/2)(1/2) vs (1x)(1/2) so total is 1/2 vs 1x , i wonder why even when all moves from gourgirst hit half damage, end always win against magnezone, one more time everyone recognized magnezone is bad, really bad. So, i wonder why our beloved staff don't want to do anything good to this pokemon.
I suggest Raisa, Torment and that little guy who doesnt know english or spanish Lord Sqick (he never speaks in game or forum using these lenguages and even in Pl he rarely speak), i wish you can work together to test pokemons that even after its first rebalance, are still bad (magnezone and fearrow), so this 17th we hope they can be changed too-

Firstly, in my opinion, you should have some respect to staff members and not call anyone "that little guy". Lord Sqnik is one of the most conscientious tutors and I'm not sure how you can talk about his activity on polish channel, while you're not using it all.
Anyway, I'm reading your new posts every day and I'm suprised that you are still talking about same damn thing. You're not our boss and it is SUGGESTION thread, so rebalance team don't have to do what you want. Even if you're right that Magnezone is shit (I'm not sure it is or no, I'm not using pvp at all), rebalance team have much more important things to do like 6 new pokes which are coming to game due to ending event (I won't even start talking about working on fairy type). Try to understand, that we are humans, and everyone in rebalance team have their own life and can't use computer for 24h to rebalance pokes. That's nice that you are trying to help staff improve game and make it better, but remember that rebalancers are not pets (noone is perfect too) and they know what to do.
Regards!

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
You're not our boss and it is SUGGESTION thread, so rebalance team don't have to do what you want. Even if you're right that Magnezone is shit (I'm not sure it is or no, I'm not using pvp at all), rebalance team have much more important things to do like 6 new pokes which are coming to game due to ending event (I won't even start talking about working on fairy type). Try to understand, that we are humans, and everyone in rebalance team have their own life and can't use computer for 24h to rebalance pokes. That's nice that you are trying to help staff improve game and make it better, but remember that rebalancers are not pets (noone is perfect too) and they know what to do.
Regards!

Well, I guess Kaktoos said almost everything. From myself I'd like to add, that if you say once, twice about your underpowered pokemon, it is enough. As we said before, there were like 140 pokemons to do, some were already applied to game, but there are 100+ left to balance + test. It's not like you or your magnezone is the most important so we do it as a priority, it has been added again to the list, but there's a queue.
and btw, if you're reporting underpowered pokes, report those overpowered which are in your team too. I still don't see 3201831938 posts about tentacruel killing electric pokemons.

Reaction score
1º Nerf Lucário.
( Please, others players don't come to here say STOP crying, I have one 117 and I think the damage it too exaggerated. )

2º Blissey, It's balanced, But... Healing wish don't heal herself? This skill is Useless in duel, and useless when you want heal herself.
She can be better.

3º Rebalance Gengar, Really... he needs. any ghost of future generations It is better than him.
( I know, New Generations and etcs... But please don't forget some pokemons, the bests pokemons, the first generation. )
Who is Alakazam Today? Who is Gengar Today? they are not even a shadow of what were once already.
For exemple Alakazam: lvl 130 only 14965 HP, Yes I know, he have restore but his moves is not big deal like a Gardevoir, Wobbuffet, Mr Mime, Etcs...)
A pokemon completely forgotten at the Padventures, some people used it (Cloned of course ), don't because is good, but because are a big fan of this pokemon. ( is not my case, I'm just defending a pokemon that I respect. )

Sorry but i'm too creative for make a Build with moves :/
If someone agree with me about Alakazam and Gengar I would like if this person make a "new moves exemple".
It's all, thanks.

Ashlan

Reaction score
คłłuкค zσłdÿcк;338062 said:
1º Nerf Lucário.
( Please, others players don't come to here say STOP crying, I have one 117 and I think the damage it too exaggerated. )

2º Blissey, It's balanced, But... Healing wish don't heal herself? This skill is Useless in duel, and useless when you want heal herself.
She can be better.

3º Rebalance Gengar, Really... he needs. any ghost of future generations It is better than him.
( I know, New Generations and etcs... But please don't forget some pokemons, the bests pokemons, the first generation. )
Who is Alakazam Today? Who is Gengar Today? they are not even a shadow of what were once already.
For exemple Alakazam: lvl 130 only 14965 HP, Yes I know, he have restore but his moves is not big deal like a Gardevoir, Wobbuffet, Mr Mime, Etcs...)
A pokemon completely forgotten at the Padventures, some people used it (Cloned of course ), don't because is good, but because are a big fan of this pokemon. ( is not my case, I'm just defending a pokemon that I respect. )

Sorry but i'm too creative for make a Build with moves :/
If someone agree with me about Alakazam and Gengar I would like if this person make a "new moves exemple".
It's all, thanks.

To be honest cloned alakazam is one of the best psychic at the time, with tri attack / rain dance / thunder bolt its just a beast.
Also blissey got recover and healarea, so its ok at least for me, and in duel come on have you seen a blissey on duel? That shit is really good, so I dont see a reason to change healing wish.
Gengar well he is a bit underpowered, but just a bit.

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
Let's start complaining xD [or not ]. ( ofc its my opinion.. )

1) Pidgeot - rly? IMO u should check it once again. Still is the worst bird and noone is using it.
2) Meganium - ok, Natural Gift and Flower Shiled as a passive are a big help but removing Synthesis is a bad decission. I will suggest adding again Synhtesis instead Aromatherapy and remove Shield couse it would be little OP. Or let Aromatherapy heal itself 30% or more by one time like 1000 and 5x instead 800 and 3x.
3) Sableye - Detect almost the most useful move in pvp and in exp zone and it has been removed. Maybe it was too OP but removing prot isn't a solution. If u can, look on it again and change once again it in other way than removing protection move.
4) Gengar - only one move Nighmtare/Dream Eater, I wrote about it. Its VERY HARD to use them both on one time when Hypnosis is working. Instead one of them atleast Ghost Wind.
5) Magmortar - it isn't a compaining, more a point of attention. It has Smokescreen at moveset and Brick Break as a TM. Raissa once said pokes wont have 2 moves broke reflect ( when from someone Smoke has been removed ). Only change Smoke for any bad fire atk, couse Magmortar looks nice.
6) Venusaur - it's in half Toxic pokemon. Why u don't want add for it Poison Gas a TM. Venusaur is forgotten pokemon, some of players use it but in Cloned Version. For me its still bad.
7) Espeon - come back Boombrust. It was one useful attack against dark pokemons ;3

#edit once more: its sadly about not possibility putting ref + sky att for example.

Last edited:

koles

Reaction score
Let's start complaining xD [or not ]. ( ofc its my opinion.. )

1) Pidgeot - rly? IMO u should check it once again. Still is the worst bird and noone is using it.
2) Meganium - ok, Natural Gift and Flower Shiled as a passive are a big help but removing Synthesis is a bad decission. I will suggest adding again Synhtesis instead Aromatherapy and remove Shield couse it would be little OP. Or let Aromatherapy heal itself 30% or more by one time like 1000 and 5x instead 800 and 3x.
3) Sableye - Detect almost the most useful move in pvp and in exp zone and it has been removed. Maybe it was too OP but removing prot isn't a solution. If u can, look on it again and change once again it in other way than removing protection move.
4) Gengar - only one move Nighmtare/Dream Eater, I wrote about it. Its VERY HARD to use them both on one time when Hypnosis is working. Instead one of them atleast Ghost Wind.
5) Magmortar - it isn't a compaining, more a point of attention. It has Smokescreen at moveset and Brick Break as a TM. Raissa once said pokes wont have 2 moves broke reflect ( when from someone Smoke has been removed ). Only change Smoke for any bad fire atk, couse Magmortar looks nice.
6) Venusaur - it's in half Toxic pokemon. Why u don't want add for it Poison Gas a TM. Venusaur is forgotten pokemon, some of players use it but in Cloned Version. For me its still bad.
7) Espeon - come back Boombrust. It was one useful attack against dark pokemons ;3

#edit once more: its sadly about not possibility putting ref + sky att for example.

Smoke not broke reflect, it stun poke while he have reflect, but its still work.

And i think that magmortar is not poke for pvp, and i think better is to have area stun than one shoot skill.

Last edited:

Tsotss

Reaction score
Smoke not broke reflect, it stun poke while he have reflect, but its still work.

And i think that magmortar is not poke for pvp, and i think better is to have area stun than one shoot skill.

I am know how Smokescreen works. My words were mistake, used them wrong. Sorry xD. I am talked about situation similar when Charizard lost Smokescreen:
It lost smokescreen, because can learn brick break. Pokemon shouldn't have two ways to counter reflect.

Sheeper

Reaction score
Just realised it's wrong thread... Sorry

Okay, didn't read more than 2 previous pages (too long didn't read). After Today's rebalance I was pretty happy to see heracross on the list... untill I logged into game.
Okay, What the hell, Heracross is a CRAP, okay, not every pokemon should be good for exp, but leveling heracross is a pain. I personally have 115lvl one and: Leveling it on fight-weak pokes? Ha! no skills for that except single targets which will take ages. Leveling it on bug-weak pokes? Psychic pokes smash it in a moment, 115lvl heracross has serious troubles dealing with 2-3 alakazams due to his fight type. Dark type would be cool, but there are no dark pokes spawns after all except mightyenas spawn, which ain't any good for lvling. I might have overreacted a bit, but I have really no idea where to level heracross after 100level...
No. Endure ain't helping at all

Now, another bug-type poke - Pinsir. That poke isn't even on the rebalance list. It's skillset looks cool, alright, but the problem is his damage, It's god damn low. 69 C. pinsir with bug buzz and infestation, with protect in skillset should smash 1-2 alakazams, yet it has serious problem with it (not mentioning gardevoirs who smash pinsir within few seconds).

Suggestion
Heracross: I'd make it more fight type based AND increase it's HP, It has 14,5k hp on 115 lvl (because of endure huh?) while other pokes with protect abilities have over 20k (yes, protect is much better than endure). Some Serious hp buff (to even 20k at 130) would be good for him. Also buff his skills damage, right now the only thing I noticed after "rebalance" is damage nerfed.
About skills
Replace Aerial Ace with Triple Punch
Either replace infestation with Super Power and add Infestation to TM Learnset or leave infestation as it is and ADD TM Super Power to his Learnset.

This way He'll become levelable at some rock spawns, but still remain avaiable to be bug-type Tmed and played (if someone is crazy enough). Not that much OP because of low amount of stuns yet playable pretty nice

Pinsir: First of all I'd buff his damage, it's terribly low at 70lvl comparing to other pokes. (even as cloned)
Skillset:
Replace Sword Dance with some bug type AoE, first of all it has X-Scissors which has exactly same formula and steel move is useless for him.
Change Guilotine to some Frontal-cone attack, and make it bug type OR add new spell like that and replace guiltoine with it.

This way he won't have many AoE attacks, will have more bug-type skills, with raised damage it'll deal with psychic pokes quite well and will still have some weak spells/wave spells to not make him too OP.

And a bonus - add TM Tornado to fearow learnset..

Thanks, keep in mind I'm rather not suggesting much, tried not to make them OP at any way, but just playable a little bit better than now..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back