What's new

Welcome!

Pokemons' Abilities - Discussion & Suggestions

Zecao

Reaction score
Can add natural gift to Ferrothorn's learnset please?

TM mimic need stay meele for activate it! (But what happend if the enemy dont have an meele attack)

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Could you add an ability to Florges and Bibarel?

I think sweet veil would be usefull for Florges, this ability can protect you from sleep status condition.

For Bibarel I think would be fine Torrent or adaptability, Torrent can help it to have more dmg if is 30% or lower, and adaptability can help for other normal/water pokes.

Ps: There are some pokes who learn other abilities that are not based on bulbapedia, so why not them?

Last edited:

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Shiny Dusknoir has abilities insomnia and levetitate, but normal dusknoir only insomnia, so would not be the case to add levitate to normal dusknoir too??

bump this and other suggestions here not replied with yes or no

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Shiny Dusknoir has abilities insomnia and levetitate, but normal dusknoir only insomnia, so would not be the case to add levitate to normal dusknoir too??

plz add levitate do normal dusknoir because its shiny has it, or deny the suggestion =/ first only case i know where a shiny has some abiltiy that its normal version dont

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
plz add levitate do normal dusknoir because its shiny has it, or deny the suggestion =/ first only case i know where a shiny has some abiltiy that its normal version dont

I mean we have shiny stantler which have fly and normal not so it's nice that have something special (and no, not every shiny need to have something special)

Caxoxd1

Reaction score

Agreed, the shinies are specials because is supposed that they have a better moveset and not for their abilities XD

Grayfoox

Reaction score
Add this ability to mimikyu:

Mummy
30% chance of causing fear on the enemy when receiving damage from a "contact" move.
This ability is canceled by Mold breaker.

based on bulbapedia, mimikyu has the skill Spookify that can spooke an enemy and prevents to attack, so I think Mummy is perfect for it.

Zecao

Reaction score
Add this ability to mimikyu:

Mummy
30% chance of causing fear on the enemy when receiving damage from a "contact" move.
This ability is canceled by Mold breaker.

based on bulbapedia, mimikyu has the skill Spookify that can spooke an enemy and prevents to attack, so I think Mummy is perfect for it.

I have a thread with the pokemons without ability.

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Snow warning (change Alolan Ninetales skill name if needed) - something similar to Sand Stream, so pokemon with it would cast ice storm or hail or anything like this and it would deal damage over time like sand stream.
(Idk if it's a bug but in test room Tyranitar's Sand Stream deal dmg almost same as skill Sandstorm, afaik it wasn't deal any dmg beside damage over time, didn't test it outside test room).

King

Reaction score
Get In - when your pokemon cast a "Contact" spell out of range he teleport near his target use the skill and do a "AA". (Contact = spells with 1sqm range. AA = Auto Attack that all no ghosts do time in time)

for pokemons like hitmoncha? i think.

Last edited:

Tenm

Reaction score
Would it be possible to add some more ability to Druddigon? He has only one of three possible abilities in the game...
He have Mold Breaker, can insert Sheer Force and/or Rough Skin for he?

Envoy

Reaction score
Can be added rough skin in garchomp and sharpedo.
That can act like counter but permanent and do 5% of the damage received to enemies

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Ability Screen Cleaner

Hello PAd Community!

With Christmas Contests 2019 Galarian Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime were implemented to the game.

I must confess I didn't know there was such a Pokemon like Mr. Rime, so when I looked into its information in Bulbapedia to know a little bit more about it, I saw that it can learn an ability called Screen Cleaner.

I kinda thought that abilities between normal Mr. Mime and Galarian Mr. Mime would be similar (or the same). Normal Mr. Mime is a very popular pokemon because of ability Technician and I personally like ability Filter, which helps Mr. Mime to receive less damage from its weaknesses.

Mr. Rime's available abilities in PAd are:
Ice Body and Tangled Feet.

However, as I mentioned, it can learn a very special ability, which is Galarian Mr. Mime's and Mr. Rime's SIGNATURE ability: Screen Cleaner

Bulbapedia's description of this ability is as follows:

"In battle:
When a Pokémon with Screen Cleaner is sent out, the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil end on both sides of the field."

Even though Reflect has a different effect in PAd compared to the effect in the Pokemon games, I feel like this ability can be implemented in PAd, adapting it a little bit.

So I was thinking maybe this ability could have a similar effect to ability No Guard. As I said, SIMILAR, not the same.

In which way? All moves in PAd "reflecting" damage should have no effect against Mr. Rime with this ability. I am talking about the following moves:
*Reflect
*Spiky Shield
*Red Nose
(If I'm missing a move which has a similar/same effect as reflect please post it)

Reason: These moves are based on "reflecting" damage and the effect of this ability is to cancel/to end the effect of Reflect. I don't think this would make Mr. Rime too op in PvP (I don't particularly think Mr. Rime is good in duels, since its dual-type combination is actually bad) and it would help in PvE if you go hunting grass-type pokemon with Spiky Shield, for instance.

Perhaps these moves too:
**Petal Healing
**Life Drew

Reason: Even though they don't inflict damage to the opponent, they "reflect" the damage taken by healing. This one is up to Rebalance Team to decide.

I really hope you consider this suggestion. Mr. Rime is a special pokemon, because it's only obtainable via Christmas Contest (Once a year) and even though its moveset is quite good (in my opinion), Ice Body and Tangled Feet abilities are not so good... but adding this ability would definitely boost Mr. Rime.

Also, it would be nice to get a free ability reset on all Galarian Mr. Mimes and Mr. Rimes if you decide to add this ability. I don't mean the item, I mean pokemon forgetting the ability and learning a new one when calling out after implementation of the new ability.

What do you guys think? would this ability be too op? should it be nerfed? or... is there a way to improve it?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!

I thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community!

With Christmas Contests 2019 Galarian Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime were implemented to the game.

I must confess I didn't know there was such a Pokemon like Mr. Rime, so when I looked into its information in Bulbapedia to know a little bit more about it, I saw that it can learn an ability called Screen Cleaner.

I kinda thought that abilities between normal Mr. Mime and Galarian Mr. Mime would be similar (or the same). Normal Mr. Mime is a very popular pokemon because of ability Technician and I personally like ability Filter, which helps Mr. Mime to receive less damage from its weaknesses.

Mr. Rime's available abilities in PAd are:
Ice Body and Tangled Feet.

However, as I mentioned, it can learn a very special ability, which is Galarian Mr. Mime's and Mr. Rime's SIGNATURE ability: Screen Cleaner

Bulbapedia's description of this ability is as follows:

"In battle:
When a Pokémon with Screen Cleaner is sent out, the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil end on both sides of the field."

Even though Reflect has a different effect in PAd compared to the effect in the Pokemon games, I feel like this ability can be implemented in PAd, adapting it a little bit.

So I was thinking maybe this ability could have a similar effect to ability No Guard. As I said, SIMILAR, not the same.

In which way? All moves in PAd "reflecting" damage should have no effect against Mr. Rime with this ability. I am talking about the following moves:
*Reflect
*Spiky Shield
*Red Nose
(If I'm missing a move which has a similar/same effect as reflect please post it)

Reason: These moves are based on "reflecting" damage and the effect of this ability is to cancel/to end the effect of Reflect. I don't think this would make Mr. Rime too op in PvP (I don't particularly think Mr. Rime is good in duels, since its dual-type combination is actually bad) and it would help in PvE if you go hunting grass-type pokemon with Spiky Shield, for instance.

Perhaps these moves too:
**Petal Healing
**Life Drew

Reason: Even though they don't inflict damage to the opponent, they "reflect" the damage taken by healing. This one is up to Rebalance Team to decide.

I really hope you consider this suggestion. Mr. Rime is a special pokemon, because it's only obtainable via Christmas Contest (Once a year) and even though its moveset is quite good (in my opinion), Ice Body and Tangled Feet abilities are not so good... but adding this ability would definitely boost Mr. Rime.

Also, it would be nice to get a free ability reset on all Galarian Mr. Mimes and Mr. Rimes if you decide to add this ability. I don't mean the item, I mean pokemon forgetting the ability and learning a new one when calling out after implementation of the new ability.

What do you guys think? would this ability be too op? should it be nerfed? or... is there a way to improve it?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!

I thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.

Bump!

matutezx

Reaction score
Hiho, I like your ideas but I will like to suggest this:
Screen cleaner: wipe any kind of prot/ref/lifedew petal healing
And rework a bit no guard and infiltrator since I saw some posts of these two:
Infiltrator: 100% dmg against PROT moves like protect/electro barrier/fire mantle
No guard: 100%dmg against REF type moves

Idk how to consider life dew/petal heal (ref/prot/heal) but you get the idea, maybe we can do smt w moves like safeguard, quick guard too

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hiho, I like your ideas but I will like to suggest this:
Screen cleaner: wipe any kind of prot/ref/lifedew petal healing
And rework a bit no guard and infiltrator since I saw some posts of these two:
Infiltrator: 100% dmg against PROT moves like protect/electro barrier/fire mantle

Idk how to consider life dew/petal heal (ref/prot/heal) but you get the idea, maybe we can do smt w moves like safeguard, quick guard too

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Even though you are basically suggesting to make Screen Cleaner "the new No Guard", which would make Mr Rime a very unique pokemon ( super NICE!), I must say that I disagree.

We all know that that PAd is based on the pokemon games. However, we also know that PAd sometimes adds some ideas of their own to the game, to make it a bit more interesting.

You see... what you are suggesting isn't very much related to the original pokemon games (according to bulbapedia).

Like on my original suggestion, according to Bulbapedia: Screen Cleaner has to do with reflect and reflecting moves, hence my suggestion:

All moves in PAd "reflecting" damage should have no effect against Mr. Rime with this ability. I am talking about the following moves:
*Reflect
*Spiky Shield
*Red Nose

Now then, you are suggesting the following reworks in No Guard and Infiltrator formulas.
According to bulpadedia, Infiltrator bypasses Reflect and Substitute moves, NOT protection moves
bRDNjw7.png

In this case, I would take your "reworking idea" and suggest: Infiltrator should deal 100% damage against reflect and substitute
reason: Infiltrator was the very first ability introduced to PAd with this bypassing formula. I guess Staff thought that it could be too OP so that's why it only deals 20% of original damage. But I don't see anything on bulbapedia that says it should deal less than 100% of original damage. Now that we have No Guard ability, which bypasses EVERYTHING, and pokemon like Golurk or Aurorus are not too op IN DUELS, I don't see how Infiltrator (which would only bypass Substitute and Reflect) would be too op.

According to bulbapedia, Pokémon with No Guard can successfully hit a Pokémon that has used Protect or Detect
cJqcLsA.png

In this case, I would leave No Guard the way it is. As you can also see in the picture, the very beginning of the description goes as follows: All moves used by or against a Pokémon with this Ability cannot miss. Which is why No Guard bypasses everything. So, like I said, I would leave No Guard as it is.

SO...

To summarize:

Please add the ability Screen Cleaner with the following possible effect:
Bypassing any kind of reflecting move

Rework ability Infiltrator:
Infiltrator should deal 100% damage against reflect and substitute

Please PAd Staff, consider this.

Thanks!

NandoCruise

Reaction score
To summarize:

Please add the ability Screen Cleaner with the following possible effect:
Bypassing any kind of reflecting move

Rework ability Infiltrator:
Infiltrator should deal 100% damage against reflect and substitute

Please PAd Staff, consider this.

Thanks!

Bump this!

Also:

Can you please add ability Wonder Skin to Venomoth, Skitty and Delcatty?

WRFc5Vj.png

Thank you!

Back