What's new

Welcome!

Pokemons' Abilities - Discussion & Suggestions

karksiukas

Reaction score
According to bulbapedia, thick fat gives 50% resistance against fire and ice, but in game is set to 20%.

Heatproof reduce fire dmg 50%.
Fur coat reduces melee dmg 50%
Water bubble reduces fire dmg 50%

So my suggestion is to set thick fat to reduce also 50%.

I believe that's due double type resistance but I agree that it should be raised to at least 25

Clen

Reaction score
Ability: Iron Punch or "iron fist"?
cHqpaAH.png

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Punching_moves

Doesn't this ability work?

Clen

Reaction score
ok, a clarification about the ability, because I see that only applies in the triple punch attack, I would like to know if it only applies in attacks such as brick break or match punch?
8j1h1vl.png

the question is, does the skill apply to all attacks oh only for attacks like Triple punch? , because it is what I see

demzpacito

Reaction score
Is Adaptability supposed to work like it does currently?

I mean, Bulbapedia says it gives a bigger STAB to the Pokémon.

Pz8unPzounCQNjPz8unPz9uaQ.png

Since theres no STAB on Padventures, it would work as the STAB itself. Instead, in Padventures it works like this:

LgEunbz9wPz8unP3NGPz8ePw.png

Quite the opposite. And pretty much useless given that 50% of types deal 0,5x damage against same type (fire, grass, water, electric, steel, psychic, dark, poison, ice)

Ladyrawr

Reaction score
I Know probably don't have sprite for elder zard fly yet, but could you guys add rock smash to it?

Thanks

warock

Reaction score
I would like to suggest a new ability
Pyromancy: After the pokemon is hit by a fire-type move the next fire-type move of the user's pokemon will deal double dmg

This ability could be in pokemons that are a little bit rare, like Magmortar (maybe magmar too), Delphox, etc.
firepunch.jpg

Last edited:

Winged

Reaction score
I would like to suggest a new ability
Pyromancy: After the pokemon is hit by a fire-type move the next fire-type move of the user's pokemon will deal double dmg

This ability could be in pokemons that are a little bit rare, like Magmortar (maybe magmar too), Delphox, etc.
View attachment 9449

That ability doesn't exist in real pokemons. So why should it exist here? Also, double damage? No way. It would be so easy, and op ability which would give big advantage in duels.
More probable is ability Flare Boost- Powers up special attacks when the Pokémon is burned.

Cheers.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
False swipe: Can you please check how it works in low lvl pokes? I usually get a moveset for lvl 80-90 when the pokemon that use it is lvl 50~ and is unable to attack. Maybe a list of stage moves per level of pokemon can be used here?

demzpacito

Reaction score
Liquid voice makes sound based atks water type whenever foe is either ground, fire or rock type

Problem is: in some specific cases, its better to keep them as fairy even tho the foe has one of those types. I.e: Flygon, its dragon/ground so activates liquid voice, but fairy attacks are super effective while water atttacks are not

I dont know if thought this through while coming up with the ability but I wanted to bring up in the case you didnt. After all, abilities are supposed to be an advantage to the poke, right?

Regards

Edit: Im talking specifically about Disarming voice, which is the only dmg-dealing atk in Primarina's moveset affected by ability

Last edited:

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Liquid voice makes sound based atks water type whenever foe is either ground, fire or rock type

Problem is: in some specific cases, its better to keep them as fairy even tho the foe has one of those types. I.e: Flygon, its dragon/ground so activates liquid voice, but fairy attacks are super effective while water atttacks are not

I dont know if thought this through while coming up with the ability but I wanted to bring up in the case you didnt. After all, abilities are supposed to be an advantage to the poke, right?

Regards

Edit: Im talking specifically about Disarming voice, which is the only dmg-dealing atk in Primarina's moveset affected by ability

I agree, also I would like to know too if this ability works with "Sleep Talk", because primarina can learn this sound-based move as tm

Tsotss

Reaction score
Once Alola is ready, then pokemons, that can learn new abilities, will have free reset for a chance to get them.

Since Seaking and some others pokemons got new abilities my question is how can we reset them?

Back