What's new

Welcome!

Pokemons' Abilities - Discussion & Suggestions

Grimell

Reaction score
Can you please add a new ability to Aerodactyl? currently it has only Unnerve (enemy can't use berries)

I think it could learn Tough Claws (more damage with certain spells) and Reckless (more damage in area moves)

I totally agree with you. I saw on bulbapedia Aerodactyl have different abilities too ( Rock Head or Pressure ) also Unnerve is
useless ability in game so small changes like ability can make this poke better.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
I would like to suggest adding Pressure ability to the game. I have 2 different suggestion on how it can work;

The first move used against user will have double cooldown. This ability works only in duels and has 5 min cd.

Or

Upon taking damage in a duel it will randomly make one of its opponent's moves to go on cooldown. This ability works only in duels and has 5 min cd.

Just want to give an example for both to avoid misunderstandings.

1st one(I think will be much easier to counter): Aerodactyl is sent out, Kangaskhan uses Hammer Arm, instead of 10s the cooldown of the move will be 20s.
2nd one(RNG): Aerodactyl is sent out, Kangaskhan uses Dizzy Punch OR just "Attacks", Kangaskhan's Reversal goes to the cooldown(along with Dizzy Punch ofc).

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
I like this ideas, but these cd's are so long :v probably it is not possible to hold one poke in pvp even 2min but still i would prefer cd of 3min

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Sableye
I would like to suggest a new ability to sableye that is the ability magic bounce(he can learn it when he evolve to mega sableye), the simple fact that he can learn it would help a lot, someones that who has duel with sableye knows totally that its ability prankster doesnt help it, because he gifts a heal (moonlight)to the another poke, something that it doesnt happen with klefki that gifts a protection, for this reason would be fine give an opportunity to choose prankster or magic bounce. Now it can learn one ability,so i think its not a problem one ability more. what do you think guys?

Last edited:

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Sableye
I would like to suggest a new ability to sableye that is the ability magic bounce(he can learn it when he evolve to mega sableye), the simple fact that he can learn it would help a lot, someones that who has duel with sableye knows totally that its ability prankster doesnt help it, because he gifts a heal (moonlight)to the another poke, something that it doesnt happen with klefki that gifts a protection, for this reason would be fine give an opportunity to choose prankster or magic bounce. Now it can learn one ability,so i think its not a problem one ability more. what do you think guys?

Well, I once suggested here http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?40550-Abilities-of-Pokemons-that-can-Mega-Evolve to add the ability that the Mega-form can learn to the normal Pokémon, because for some reason Pokémon like Gyarados, Gardevoir and Lopunny can learn the ability of their Mega-form but all others cannot.

Sadly, it was rejected.

Hopefully they change their mind and add abilities now.

otamegane

Reaction score
Add ability Fluffy for Bewear it's ur characterist ability

Acording to bulbapedia

A Pokémon with Fluffy takes half damage from moves that make contact. It also takes double damage from Fire-type moves. Fire-type moves that make contact will deal regular damage. Moves affected by Long Reach which make contact will deal regular damage.

Mu opnion

Half the series damage too much, maybe it will only be 10% of the damage received by contact movements and fire movements will double the damage

Judgetx

Reaction score
I would like to suggest the Run Away ability that several pokémon has, but in a different way that works in the game.
It would normally work as a perfect escape ("Enables a sure getaway from wild Pokémon."), But in that case it could be something like:
If the user's life is 25/50% or less it gains an % increase in speed for a certain period. As it looks like the Speed Boost ability, it could have a cooldown of 3 minutes as well.

To find out which pokémon has this ability take a look if necessary:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Run_Away_(Ability)#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_Run_Away
https://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/runaway.shtml

Nepugia

Reaction score
Please add Adaptability to Dragalge and its shiny version, his pre-evos have it but Dragalge doesn't. He's an event pokemon so you can't really farm his ability from other skrelps, it's his best ability and giving him it would help him a lot.

Nepugia

Reaction score
Please add Adaptability to Dragalge and its shiny version, his pre-evos have it but Dragalge doesn't. He's an event pokemon so you can't really farm his ability from other skrelps, it's his best ability and giving him it would help him a lot.

Ba-bump

Coszma.

Reaction score

Bumppppp

stin stauer

Reaction score
Some abilities are adapted to work better in game,
so thinking about that, the ability prankster could be modified, when the ability prankster is activated, the opponents change their set of moves, but the enemy could use ALL the moves except the heal and protect moves like: protection and moonlight.

Jonasz Koran Mekka

Reaction score
Some abilities are adapted to work better in game,
so thinking about that, the ability prankster could be modified, when the ability prankster is activated, the opponents change their set of moves, but the enemy could use ALL the moves except the heal and protect moves like: protection and moonlight.

Imho it would be broken.
In that case sableye would have access to his opponent defensive spell/heals and after a swap he would have his own heal back - in that scenario opponent would be at clear disadvantage EVERY SINGLE TIME cuz sabeye isnt hurt by his own moveset and in the time prankster is working opponent wouldn't have any means to defend himself if he was facing any dragon for example where prankster is already really strong, being unable to use heal would mean dragon user will be fucked the very moment sableye entered the fight.

stin stauer

Reaction score
Imho it would be broken.
In that case sableye would have access to his opponent defensive spell/heals and after a swap he would have his own heal back - in that scenario opponent would be at clear disadvantage EVERY SINGLE TIME cuz sabeye isnt hurt by his own moveset and in the time prankster is working opponent wouldn't have any means to defend himself if he was facing any dragon for example where prankster is already really strong, being unable to use heal would mean dragon user will be fucked the very moment sableye entered the fight.

Agreed, i will change the Idea creating a thread about it, thx

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Shiny Dusknoir has abilities insomnia and levetitate, but normal dusknoir only insomnia, so would not be the case to add levitate to normal dusknoir too??

demzpacito

Reaction score
Already mentioned the following once but got lost on limbo so here we go again:

1. Ability liquid voice in some cases work against owner, i.e. when killing Flygon/Garchomp. Disarming Voice(which would be strong against them if remained fairy type) becomes water type atk and stop being super effective against those pokes cause of dragon resistence to water.

2. Pokes with ability Levitate get stunned by move Mud Bomb, even when using some kind of protection/reflective move (while pokes without such ability dont get stunned while using prot/ref moves)

Back