What's new

Welcome!

Daily tasks - changes

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
13:03 Qemak The Burner: You have to wait 9 hours, 52 minutes and 54 seconds to start another task.

Yesterday I did not do any task and this message appears, what can I do? and dont tell me what to wait that time... :38:

This literally means you have taken the task approx 14 hours ago.

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
19:15 Aquia The Corsair: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

i dont completed any task today....

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I will give my humble opinion:

I don't think it is fair that these daily tasks are adjustable, as Raissa said it here:

- Tasks are adjusted to player's level.

Reason:
1.- The rewards are exactly the same, but tasks would be "easier" if you stay low level. For instance, in my Guild 2 ppl got Hypno task: P1 is lvl 170~ and got 50 Hypnos, P2 is 200~ and got 111 or 121 Hypnos. As far as I know, both POI and INQUI are the best places to kill Hypnos, and these 2 players can actually go to these 2 places, but P1 will finish it faster(This is a real example). Nonetheless, as I said before, rewards are the same for both players.

I got Sableye Task and I had to kill like 128 or something (don't remember well) and as far as I know the best place to hunt Sableyes is Azalea Pyramid, which is for lvl 150 Players. I am pretty sure a Player lvl 150 - 160 would have to kill like 50 - 60~ Sableyes. Again, why do higher lvl players have to spend double the time to get EXACTLY THE SAME REWARD?

Another example? Let's take Mmarvin's example with Delcattys. He had to kill 116 Delcatty whereas a lvl 100 probably would had to kill 50 or even less. Decatty's spawn has no lvl restriction.

Other opinions:
2.- Also, I was really excited as everyone when you implemented this new system, particularly when I saw you can get Malamar. But when I read it is "random", in other words, that I could get it or not, I lost all motivation.

I am currently lvl 230~ and I have to take 2 hours for EACH task, which is 4 hours for both tasks + 55 days~ (no interruptions) to see IF I get Malamar. Meaning to say, I must have "luck" to get Malamar (and even more luck to get Infiltrator Ability). And I am pretty sure there is other people who want Cryogonal and not Malamar.

3.- I know of many players in Platinum who don't do normal Daily Tasks, because they are 100% sure they will get a crappy TM. Well, here in this Daily task I see there are 2 categories for TMs: 1 for specific type and 1 Random one. Which basically amounts to the same thing, again... it is all about "luck".

4.- I sometimes ask myself: Why do you create "rewards" which 99% of people would definitely not choose? I mean this:
Item_2678.png
- 6 points - 15 Random Berries
I am pretty sure you want to avoid people "abusing" getting "the same berry" (Razz Berry specifically). I mean, I know we can get 15 of them... IF we are lucky.

I don't want to trash talk PAd, but really... SO MANY things are based on Luck, because you "want to keep X pokemons rare". Like not giving KantoBox 4 in Daily Dungeons, for example. You think all players are like Cpadde and that they are willing to spend 3~ years using 14k~ RB to catch 1 pokemon.

I will not only complain, relax.

Suggestions:

1.- Make all tasks the same number, but a reasonable number... (like 50 - 80~ depending on spawn).
2.- I do agree the best reward (the new pokemons) must be random, but at least allow ppl to choose between Cryogonal and Malamar. Those pokes are not that rare (In Diamond. Platinum doesn't count, already dead server).
3.- Why don't you do something like the PA Coins? create one category with crappy TMs (like Silver Coin) and another category with great TMs ( like Gold Coin). But don't do exactly what you did with the coins, because I have seen SO MANY people using golden coins and getting TM Thousand Arrows, or TM Gunk Shot... that's not motivating. You do know which tms are good and which ones are not, and if you don't, then ask players for their opinions.
4.- I suggest to raise the number of points to 10 or maybe double the points to 12, which would mean 5 or 6 days respectively. But let us choose which berry we want. Most likely people would always choose Razz berries... well, SO WHAT? I see motivation right there, to do these daily tasks!

I can see that the system is not working that smoothly right now and that my suggestions would need to change a couple of things, but it is a new system so I believe you can still make changes.

Also, I don't know if people are actually doing it, but I believe making these changes would motivate more ppl to do it.

Anyway, as I said, this is my humble opinion. As always, Members of Staff have the last word.

Good luck!
Retired Player~

huberto

Reaction score
Spoiler:
I will give my humble opinion:

I don't think it is fair that these daily tasks are adjustable, as Raissa said it here:

Reason:
1.- The rewards are exactly the same, but tasks would be "easier" if you stay low level. For instance, in my Guild 2 ppl got Hypno task: P1 is lvl 170~ and got 50 Hypnos, P2 is 200~ and got 111 or 121 Hypnos. As far as I know, both POI and INQUI are the best places to kill Hypnos, and these 2 players can actually go to these 2 places, but P1 will finish it faster(This is a real example). Nonetheless, as I said before, rewards are the same for both players.

I got Sableye Task and I had to kill like 128 or something (don't remember well) and as far as I know the best place to hunt Sableyes is Azalea Pyramid, which is for lvl 150 Players. I am pretty sure a Player lvl 150 - 160 would have to kill like 50 - 60~ Sableyes. Again, why do higher lvl players have to spend double the time to get EXACTLY THE SAME REWARD?

Another example? Let's take Mmarvin's example with Delcattys. He had to kill 116 Delcatty whereas a lvl 100 probably would had to kill 50 or even less. Decatty's spawn has no lvl restriction.

Other opinions:
2.- Also, I was really excited as everyone when you implemented this new system, particularly when I saw you can get Malamar. But when I read it is "random", in other words, that I could get it or not, I lost all motivation.

I am currently lvl 230~ and I have to take 2 hours for EACH task, which is 4 hours for both tasks + 55 days~ (no interruptions) to see IF I get Malamar. Meaning to say, I must have "luck" to get Malamar (and even more luck to get Infiltrator Ability). And I am pretty sure there is other people who want Cryogonal and not Malamar.

3.- I know of many players in Platinum who don't do normal Daily Tasks, because they are 100% sure they will get a crappy TM. Well, here in this Daily task I see there are 2 categories for TMs: 1 for specific type and 1 Random one. Which basically amounts to the same thing, again... it is all about "luck".

4.- I sometimes ask myself: Why do you create "rewards" which 99% of people would definitely not choose? I mean this:

I am pretty sure you want to avoid people "abusing" getting "the same berry" (Razz Berry specifically). I mean, I know we can get 15 of them... IF we are lucky.

I don't want to trash talk PAd, but really... SO MANY things are based on Luck, because you "want to keep X pokemons rare". Like not giving KantoBox 4 in Daily Dungeons, for example. You think all players are like Cpadde and that they are willing to spend 3~ years using 14k~ RB to catch 1 pokemon.

I will not only complain, relax.

Suggestions:

1.- Make all tasks the same number, but a reasonable number... (like 50 - 80~ depending on spawn).
2.- I do agree the best reward (the new pokemons) must be random, but at least allow ppl to choose between Cryogonal and Malamar. Those pokes are not that rare (In Diamond. Platinum doesn't count, already dead server).
3.- Why don't you do something like the PA Coins? create one category with crappy TMs (like Silver Coin) and another category with great TMs ( like Gold Coin). But don't do exactly what you did with the coins, because I have seen SO MANY people using golden coins and getting TM Thousand Arrows, or TM Gunk Shot... that's not motivating. You do know which tms are good and which ones are not, and if you don't, then ask players for their opinions.
4.- I suggest to raise the number of points to 10 or maybe double the points to 12, which would mean 5 or 6 days respectively. But let us choose which berry we want. Most likely people would always choose Razz berries... well, SO WHAT? I see motivation right there, to do these daily tasks!

I can see that the system is not working that smoothly right now and that my suggestions would need to change a couple of things, but it is a new system so I believe you can still make changes.

Also, I don't know if people are actually doing it, but I believe making these changes would motivate more ppl to do it.

Anyway, as I said, this is my humble opinion. As always, Members of Staff have the last word.

Good luck!
Retired Player~

Reading your first point I was like, wtf it's so unfair if the difference is realy this big. But then I logged in to my 138 char and picked up tasks to check how it exactly looks like.
14:34 Kogroode The Crusher: 1. kill 142 Rhydon.
14:35 Vergierk The Naturalist: 1. kill 156 Meganium.
14:36 Norman The Brave: 1. kill 114 Exploud.
14:36 Katusels The Lethal: 1. kill 137 Ariados. (exactly the same number as I got on Inko)
14:37 Tesla The Lightning: 1. kill 154 Pidgeot.
14:38 Aquia The Corsair: 1. kill 90 Starmie.
14:39 Qemak The Burner: 1. kill 141 Typhlosion.
14:40 Eurelitra The Clairvoyant: 1. kill 97 Girafarig.

I don't realy see any number lower than 90 and it's char of lvl 138 so my guess is that last stage for tasking is 130+. Probably your friend got bugged char and he gets lower lvl range for some reason or he just lied to you.

I totaly agree about randomness being not realy motivating (this is why in 3.5 years of playing I did't daily TM only once, it's pointless with my luck). Anyway I will most likely go for main reward, still it can be frustrating if you want every pokemon for catch/collection and you will get 3-4 times the same pokemon. Maybe limitation to 1 of species untill you get them all (Gogoat, Volcarona, Meawstick), I mean when you first time get Gogoat, you can't get it when you are taking this reward again. Once you get all 3 your future picked reward pokemon will be total random.

I can't realy understand how it takes you 2h to do tasks, I'm doing it for 4 days now and single task usually takes me 30-60 minutes. Nobody forcing you to complete shit tasks like delcatty, just refresh all 8 tasks every day and complete 2 easiest of them.

mmarvim

Reaction score
I can't refresh tasks or report it last two days from now...

10:03 Tesla The Lightning: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
1. That's a lie, the highest stage is 111+ so your friends of level 170 and 200 couldn't get different amounts. The highest stage (which as i said is 111) has 111 hypnos to kill, while previous stage approx 75. Maybe some of them had active task from another NPC (lost wanderer?)
2. You must be a slowpoke, seriously xd
3. Will stay random
4. Sorry, but we don't really want to let people choose which berries exactly they want.

1. Rejected. The highest stage on this system is 111+, previous stage is 80-110 and they have approx 30-40 pokemons less to kill.
level 80-110 has 85 Blastoises to kill, while 111+ (and there is no higher stage) has 130 to kill. You don't spend the "double" time, remember, that lower levels have lower damage, they take longer to kill pokemons, than higher levels. I nowhere said that delcatty task is fine and I'll solve it by adding more delcatties on the map.
2. Ill think of it.
3. TMs will stay random, I am sorry. If you want higher chance to get better TM, choose "random tm of certain type" which gives higher chances to get good tms, as amount of them is kinda limited. You still can choose which type you want.
4. Nope, it's 15 berries, not like all 15 will be the same, it will be a mix, there aren't so many points required to get it.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
i cant report any task yesterday and i dont know the reason

I can't refresh tasks or report it last two days from now...

10:03 Tesla The Lightning: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

If you are reporting something, include your name and world, that will highly reduce time waiting to check what's the problem.

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
If you are reporting something, include your name and world, that will highly reduce time waiting to check what's the problem.

mestredobcc , world:diamond , yesterday i cant report any task.
i send msg to zelricks yesterday in discord with no answer too.
I think you should reset the report of task like in daily quest.

mmarvim

Reaction score

Mmarvim
Diamond

Two days already beeing unable to report/take task:
21:40 Qemak The Burner: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

Last edited by a moderator:

toallin

Reaction score
thezeto
diamond

two days and no reset
18:08 Aquia The Corsair: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

demzpacito

Reaction score
Mmarvim
Diamond

Two days already beeing unable to report/take task:
21:40 Qemak The Burner: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!

thats because its only another day after you sleep

go get some rest you nolifer

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
20:23 Tesla The Lightning: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!
bumb solution for time report

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Did you try another npc?
2. Did you take a task before daily reset then tried to report it after?
3. Did you accept more, than 2 tasks? (from few npcs?)

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
1. Did you try another npc?yes
2. Did you take a task before daily reset then tried to report it after? no report after daily( in brazil time daily reset in 0:57,now its 22:07 here), i think my last report is 1 hour before daily reset.
3. Did you accept more, than 2 tasks? (from few npcs?)yes,i have 6 task in momment.

MestredoBCC

Reaction score
16:00 Katusels The Lethal: You already completed 2 daily tasks today!
40 hours from last report ....
if you do 2 task for 65 days = 130 points = new pokemon, but if i cant report how many time i should wait for get new poke ??? the problem is more than a week without solution

Back