What's new

Welcome!

Winter On Padventures

Shouya

Reaction score
Wasn't spoke somewhere here on the forum that bosses would be immune to Feint to avoid exploits?
It's kinda sad seeing a guy doing most damage all the time by reviving a Linoone and Feint'ing the boss for life.

Tbh besides that, there should be other things restricted during the raids, like using spikes, seismic toss type moves, pushing...

Coszma.

Reaction score
Wasn't spoke somewhere here on the forum that bosses would be immune to Feint to avoid exploits?
It's kinda sad seeing a guy doing most damage all the time by reviving a Linoone and Feint'ing the boss for life.

Its make me sad to see it wroten by you Karl, really
Linoone nor any other thing, ı was always ready for raids, dont get me wrong but while you guys hunting a lot and trying to catch shiny or cloned, i was preparing pokemons for raids. Thing that still make me playing that shit is raids

Imagine that ı sold my shiny charms and amulet coins for the reason in my mind "what does them for?" if i couldnt loot tms and catch shinys

I havent catch good cloneds or shinys like you guys did, if you check lottery historys ı havent won something valuable before, sorry but ım not naneviil or someone else which make them "rich" by luck, ı must use another 22 cloned ticket to catch cloned electrode again

Yes, ı was looted Diancite with my next char in "first" mega, but you can be sure ı was scream that you want to do but you couldnt when you was looted Garchompite (ye ı watched it xD)

İf you dont like me using feint, i’ll dont use anymore, ı promise. but you can see me using Stored power or Revenge or Mind blown... many many others

Feint is not that much important, ım damaging most damage because ı know which raid happen in which place even in first white sentence appear on server log, to be honest, most of the people asks me about which/where raid will happen in that case
Also their weakness too
sorry for my bad english btw, ım from place where %90 people cant speak english

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Its make me sad to see it wroten by you Karl, really

I'm just putting this in the spotlight again cause the community already had this conversation about how broken Feint is at raids. For example, you can check at the test room, Drampa has similar damage to Linoone, I have one, it would be a matter of bringing it too, but it's unfair to the other players in my PoV. It's not your fault abusing it, when it was supposed to be blocked but it isn't (as far as I can remember, that was the decision). But this situation is also kinda sad.
And you know, the game is hard for 90%+ of the players, im also not one of those that usually have luck. Also not enough to buy a full set of shiny eevolutions, all ultra beasts, and almost all megas. You can't tell you are not that lucky, all of this probably couldnt come from nowhere.

And I know how some people luck is broken, I even made a video before the last event, naming people who would get shinies and good shit at lottery, and hitted lots of nails there xD but as always, it can be only some paranoia.

Don't get me wrong here, it's just a matter of making the game balanced. Or do you expect to keep winning almost all raids with Demz, for example, and run out of options on where spend ingame money? Balance is healthy for everyone.

Front

Reaction score
Every weekend, starting in Friday, there will be an exp boost for Pokemons of certain element, during this time they'll be giving twice more exp, than usual.

I'll just leave it here :3

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Less than 5 minutes? Bruh, 1 question is 15 seconds, 5 seconds inbetween questions, and if everyone fails on 2nd question it means the whole event lasted 40 seconds lmao
I still suggest a bit of questions changing even though your opinion might be decent also

You do know that your preposterous estimation of 40 seconds would still be considered as "less than 5 minutes" right? Plus, the whole event didn't last 2 questions. Anyway, that's old news already.

My dear friend Karl.

I honestly don't know if it was discussed at some point in time that Raid Pokemon (Bosses) should be immune to Feint. But I'm afraid I disagree with your point of view.

You see, there are players who equip their pokemon with TMs for PvE and PvP. I guess it is common knowledge that Feint is a duel TM, hence those players who enjoy PvP would have pokemon with Feint. Another example would be Golurk. Golurk, because of its ability, is quite popular for both: PvP and PvE, however my Golurk is more Duel-based, meaning it has Shadow Storm and Rock Polish, whereas a player who equips his Golurk for PvE would have either Shadow Storm/Epicenter or Shadow Storm/Tectonic Dance or whatever other PvE TM combination. Obviously during Raids, there is a higher probability that the Golurk with SS/Epi would deal more damage than my Golurk SS/Rock Polish.

Moving on... I am going to talk from my experience now: For some Raid Pokemon, most of the time having Rain Dance/Hydropump/Bullet Seed formula TMs is better than having Feint. For Example:
Mew, Mewtwo, Volcanion, Mega Steelix, (Shiny) Celebi, Palkia, Latios, Latias (Probably many more, but I don't have them in dex). These Bosses have weaknesses, which means using Rain Dance/Hydropump/Bullet Seed formula moves would give you a HIGHER chance of getting most damage than Feint.

We also have other Raid pokemon, which have a resistance to normal-type moves, but receive normal damage from other types:
Mega Lucario: usually defeated using Fairy-type moves
Mega Manectric: usually defeated using Ice-type moves
etc...

And finally we have another list of Raid pokemon which are strong to everything. For this last list of Raid pokemon using Feint could give you indeed a little bit of advantage.
However, this depends MAINLY on the player. Going to raids is not only staying in the SAME spot using revives and Feint. I have seen several times how some players revive their pokemon and when they release it again, they immediately use Hydropump-formula move and they don't even hit the boss, because they have no idea where the boss is.
Winning a raid is so much more than that... you need to follow the pokemon, move around, try to be close to it in order to hit with hydropump/terrain moves, etc...

Please Karl, don't get me wrong, I am not insinuating that you should "learn how to do raids" or something like that. NOT AT ALL. But there are indeed players who are more skilled than others, and I don't believe Feint gives you a huge advantage.
Reflect/Counter was something else, because during those couple of seconds you could deal 50k+ damage to the boss, that was indeed ludicrous!

Also, I believe if Staff accepts to remove Feint, then there would be players like this one... who later would be like: "There should be other things restricted during raids, like... Bullet Seed formula moves are too OP, block them... "
Tbh besides that, there should be other things restricted during the raids, like using spikes, seismic toss type moves, pushing...

jTwrBpa.png

My humble opinion:rolleyes:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
I honestly don't know if it was discussed at some point in time that Raid Pokemon (Bosses) should be immune to Feint. But I'm afraid I disagree with your point of view.

I was trying to find it, but couldnt, but i managed to find also this post from Aga's on last summer event bosses: http://www.padventures.org/forum/sh...vents-Schedule&p=377830&viewfull=1#post377830 .

You see, there are players who equip their pokemon with TMs for PvE and PvP. I guess it is common knowledge that Feint is a duel TM, hence those players who enjoy PvP would have pokemon with Feint. Another example would be Golurk. Golurk, because of its ability, is quite popular for both: PvP and PvE, however my Golurk is more Duel-based, meaning it has Shadow Storm and Rock Polish, whereas a player who equips his Golurk for PvE would have either Shadow Storm/Epicenter or Shadow Storm/Tectonic Dance or whatever other PvE TM combination. Obviously during Raids, there is a higher probability that the Golurk with SS/Epi would deal more damage than my Golurk SS/Rock Polish.

Moving on... I am going to talk from my experience now: For some Raid Pokemon, most of the time having Rain Dance/Hydropump/Bullet Seed formula TMs is better than having Feint. For Example:
Mew, Mewtwo, Volcanion, Mega Steelix, (Shiny) Celebi, Palkia, Latios, Latias (Probably many more, but I don't have them in dex). These Bosses have weaknesses, which means using Rain Dance/Hydropump/Bullet Seed formula moves would give you a HIGHER chance of getting most damage than Feint.

We also have other Raid pokemon, which have a resistance to normal-type moves, but receive normal damage from other types:
Mega Lucario: usually defeated using Fairy-type moves
Mega Manectric: usually defeated using Ice-type moves
etc...

And finally we have another list of Raid pokemon which are strong to everything. For this last list of Raid pokemon using Feint could give you indeed a little bit of advantage.
However, this depends MAINLY on the player. Going to raids is not only staying in the SAME spot using revives and Feint. I have seen several times how some players revive their pokemon and when they release it again, they immediately use Hydropump-formula move and they don't even hit the boss, because they have no idea where the boss is.
Winning a raid is so much more than that... you need to follow the pokemon, move around, try to be close to it in order to hit with hydropump/terrain moves, etc...

Please Karl, don't get me wrong, I am not insinuating that you should "learn how to do raids" or something like that. NOT AT ALL. But there are indeed players who are more skilled than others, and I don't believe Feint gives you a huge advantage.
Reflect/Counter was something else, because during those couple of seconds you could deal 50k+ damage to the boss, that was indeed ludicrous!

Also, I believe if Staff accepts to remove Feint, then there would be players like this one... who later would be like: "There should be other things restricted during raids, like... Bullet Seed formula moves are too OP, block them... "
My humble opinion:rolleyes:

Bro, infact I have a LOT to learn about raids, and I am honest to say that I'm still too lazy for that. All my pokemons, during my entire time playing, were created to KS (as you can check on my pokemon list in my LT, the plan is to deal more area damage as fast as possible). Not that I go around KS'ing everyone, but I want to be able to protect me and my friends if this happens (who knows me closely can confirm it). And for that reason, im struggling now in raids, and thats entirely my fault. But Ive been watching closely the best damagers (even recorded some raids to watch those guys - expecting sucri appearing here to talk about demz - ), and I'm trying to adapt it to my playstyle. Now, imagine if I, and like 4~5 more people that sees it, starts to showing up on raids with the same strategy, feint, revive, feint, revive, repeat. Ok, the best one will still win, but looking to the game side, it would be totally boring to watch this. I think that was the reason staff removed ref/counter/selfdestruction to be used there. The range of Feint is really huge, different for example, of the pump moves, where if you pull out pokemon from ball and use it, you have chance to miss the move. But yeah, this is also similar to bullet moves (which also i think it's kinda broken since it was introduced, being able to go through walls lel).

Well, again, I'm not trying to cause hysteria, mass hate or w/e. I'm just trying to understand how things work. If it's on the rules to use feint, feint the a$$ of the bosses and gg.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Since we are talking about raids, can someone answer me why so many raid bosses don't have weaknesses? It is so weird to see legendary pokemon such as montres, zapdos, articuno, kyogre, regis, and many others being resistant to all damage-types. Even boss raids such as "Mad Snowman" have weaknesses while many legendary pokemon raids do not.

Most of the players don't know about that and, they assume the raid bosses will follow the general pokemon/bulbapedia weakness and resistance criteria.

It is funny to see people using pokemons that were supposed to be effective against a raid boss doing almost no damage. It is funny because, even though their thought is correct, you know they won't have the chance to get the most damage reward. They won't be even close to it.

Also, it is disgusting to see ppl (myself included) using cloned rhyperior against kyogre, for example. In the pokemon-world point of view, that makes no sense at all.

Maybe I'm missing something cause I'm not an expert in raids but, in my mind, adding weaknesses and resistance to all raid bosses would reduce the exploits AND be more coherent with the pokemon world.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Since we are talking about raids, can someone answer me why so many raid bosses don't have weaknesses? It is so weird to see legendary pokemon such as montres, zapdos, articuno, kyogre, regis, and many others being resistant to all damage-types. Even boss raids such as "Mad Snowman" have weaknesses while many legendary pokemon raids do not.

Most of the players don't know about that and, they assume the raid bosses will follow the general pokemon/bulbapedia weakness and resistance criteria.

It is funny to see people using pokemons that were supposed to be effective against a raid boss doing almost no damage. It is funny because, even though their thought is correct, you know they won't have the chance to get the most damage reward. They won't be even close to it.

Also, it is disgusting to see ppl (myself included) using cloned rhyperior against kyogre, for example. In the pokemon-world point of view, that makes no sense at all.

Maybe I'm missing something cause I'm not an expert in raids but, in my mind, adding weaknesses and resistance to all raid bosses would reduce the exploits AND be more coherent with the pokemon world.

About bold part, I still remember my rage at computer seeing Demz most damage on Raikou using a fucking Slowking hahaha

NandoCruise

Reaction score

I totally agree with you.

I don't know the reason either. Some of them do have weaknesses, some others don't... that's a bit weird.

I also believe, as you pointed it out, that correcting resistances and weaknesses would definitely reduce exploits. Also, it would make raid experience more "colorful", as we won't be seeing Rhyperiors and Golurks all the time.

Sorry for a little bit off-topic.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
First boosted type for winter event will be Flying. Pokemons that will be affected by that:

Noibat, Noivern, Butterfree, Charizard, Doduo, Dodrio, Dragonite, Farfetch'd, Fearow, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Zubat, Golbat, Scyther, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Ledian, Noctowl, Crobat, Togetic, Natu, Xatu, Yanma, Skiploom, Hoppip, Jumpluff, Murkrow, Delibird, Gligar, Mantine, Skarmory, Beautifly, Taillow, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Masquerain, Ninjask, Swablu, Altaria, Tropius, Salamence, Staravia, Staraptor, Mothim, Combeep, Vespiquen, Drifloon, Drifblim, Chatot, Honchkrow, Mantyke, Togekiss, Yanmega, Gliscor, Fan Rotom, Emolga, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Vivillon, Rowlet, Dartrix, Pikipek, Trumbreak, Toucannon, Oricoriob, Oricoriop, Oricoriopa, Minior, Celesteela, And cloned/shiny versions of said pokemons(if they exist)

ofc on weekend once restart is done

Shouya

Reaction score
I mean, I've been mentioning it few times about neutral raids and no one seems to give a fuck about it. Since when you have a neutral raid you can use few strongest pokes in game and abuse it on almost every raid, and where is the skill to that? If a legendary is weak to a type, you would have to use specific pokemons for it instead of the abusable ones, so people can focus on getting different types of pokemons which would keep them in game, not focus on getting a mix of them for a team and carry around the same team everywhere. If a legendary dies faster with the weaknesses, just double his health or defense or something...

Tsotss

Reaction score
Ech... I wanted quote Sics, not Sting. :c

alfredo luiss

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank the staff for the winter token event, but I wanted to touch on a topic that seems incorrect in the event. since they started organizing the snowball event; They abuse much of this event, in case the snowball event already awards too many points as a maximum of 4 winter tokens, which in other events do not occur, they also repeat this event too much in one day. They have put it up to 3 times in a day, I ask them to balance the events because they ruin the competition by abusing the same event, in addition to the event that gives too many winter tokens, the winter tokens should balance more, in the beginning it was a event in which those who had an advantage were more constant, now it is about who wins in the snowball because it makes a big difference of points, I hope you can take into account this aspect of the event, and as a recommendation, I would say yes You will organize the snowball event, put it on but with other prizes, not the winter token; they are only spoiling the competition that are of many days

DirensPL

Reaction score
Yeah, they should remove winter tokens from that event just because you have 0 impact on this event and lost most of the games.

Back