What's new

Welcome!

Tutor Recruitment process, First and Second Part (incomming third)

Raszagal

Reaction score
Well, as some of you have a lot of interest on what happened with it, I'll share with you the first part of the resuslts. But First, I'll let you know what kind of method I used to choose them, so let's go.

The role/job of a tutor, it's to guide players through theirs hesitations, solve their problems (the one we can). It's well know by everyone of us, that some kind of problems can't be solved by us (tutors), and we need to contact a Gamemaster. Now the real problem comes when there's no gamemaster in game, or there's a problem that can't be dealt by them (Ex: donations issues, bann appeals, etc etc). Those problems have only one way to be solved, and it's through our beloved Forum.

The forum it's an important part of the game depelovment, it's were we can suggest things, start a new discussion, it's the place to complain unfair things, and the most important thing, it's the main source of information.

Nowadays, the Forum it's used by less than the half of the whole community, and that's something that must change. Specially when talking about tutors. That's why the first part of the selection process, was the "activity" of all the users that aplied for the position, in our forums. Sadly, just 58 players of 114 were able to pass the first selection.

To select those players, I just applied a simple rule, and it's the next one:

"Players with less than 50 forum posts, won't fit on the possition"

A player that doesn't use the forum often, doesn't fit for the possition at first instance, that doesn't mean that I'm not considering them, It's just that I tested some of them in game (during this week), and most of them weren't able to answer me correctly, and the questions were quite simple.

I asked things like these, randomly to the playrs that didn't pass the first stage, just to confirm my theory:

"hey, my diamonds didn't arrive, in which board of the form should I post it?"
"hey, help i got banned withoout a good reason, where shoould i complain on the forum?"
"can you tell me in which board I can find guides and resources?"
"I have a great suggestion, pls give me the link to the board were I should post it"

Those four questions can be answered so easily by an active user of our Forum. But none of the players that weren't pre selected, answered me with a proper answer.

Pre selected players:

Andretei, ashcatsup, Chilenomon, Clen, Demon Queen, Dzony Kalesony, emesh, hardwell, jwlove, koles, LionelRichie, Pan Andrzej, pawpaw, pollitas, psych07, Sheepr, shinaikos, silver, Skroll, Yairo, Yuri Boyka, alastor, Ashcaiobra, cleriki, Cristian, dbgtporsiempre, endzojek, fabricioplis, ImSpikom, Javmartii, kasperjte15, Lajrra, Mrckb Integris :), Neurotica, paulosedric, TheLegacy, The Viper, Waciando, Wiindoin, Aengell, Billy hatake, Chori :), Demon King, Duuu, GeeeNeville, Gnom, Hellsphere, komar22, Levitate On Pearl, Ludacha, Mastersma, milongaa, Mrs Cath, Popeye, ThexZeba, vicpvpnot, Wikusiaa, Wycich.

All those players, most of you already know it because they started spread the rumors about it (My theory of trust it's being applied now), received a private message from me, with one of these questions:

- Write about your bad qualities
- Why should we choose you?
- Why do you want to become a tutor?

The pre selected players, had 22 hours to send me the answer, otherwise they'll be inmediatly removed.

There's the list of the players that answered me in time:

Wiindoin, Billy hatake, alastor, Chori :), TheLegacy, ThexZeba, Lajrra, Hellsphere, psych07, Cristian, ashcatsup, pawpaw, Aengell, GeeeNeville, Clen, Wycich, Demon Queen, Wikusiaa, dbgtporsiempre, emesh, vicpvpnot, Dzony Kalesony, Mastersma, Gnom, endzojek, Pan Andrzej, Demon King, Ludacha, Yairo, koles, Sheepr, kasperjte15, Neurotica, Ashcaiobra, Waciando, cleriki, The Viper, Andretei, jwlove, Mrckb Integris :), komar22, LionelRichie, ImSpikom, pollitas, Levitate On Pearl, Yuri Boyka, Javmartii, Popeye,fabricioplis.

Well, I received the replies from most of them, and I'll share them with you now (without names, I want to keep it secret). Due the large ammount of text, I'll give you this Mediafire Download link. It contains all the answers given by the players.

The purpose of doing this, was to confirm the english knowledge of all the players that applied for the tutor position, I'll reveal now, that one of my main goals on this tutor recruitment, it's to get players with a good knowledge of the english language.

With the help of our beloved Ex-Gm Maritos (Actually, he was a Community Manager for me) and a Secret Player, all those msgs were evaluated with "bad, Medium and High" values, those values were also related to the quality of the answer.

After analizing all the answers, we've come with the results of the better ones, the following msgs:

- Due the large ammount of text, I'll upload them as Office Files -

"Why should we choose you?"

Why do you want to become a tutor?

Write about your bad qualities

You may think that I will choose the tutors based on the answers, but no, there's still two process more. One of them It's done already, and I'm waiting for the answers, some of them arrived inmediatly, and you can check them here:

http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?25538-Good-Bye-P.A

http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?25537-Good-bye-from-Wesker

Yes, the next part of the test was to Reject everyone. It may sound crazy, But I rejected every player that applied for the position. Surelly you're wondering now "what the fuck is happeing with Rasz?". Well, being a tutor means that you'll have to deal with some hard situations, most of them will put the players at their limit, and it's there when I must ensure to choose players able to face the adversity and keep going on.
A player that really fits for the position, won't give a fuck about being rejected, they'll keep helping the other players, the tutor position it's pointless when you have a real desire to help the other players, a real vocation.
On the other hand, a player that only wants the position for his benefit, will be angry with my choice, and surelly will cry a river because of this. As you already noticed, two players already proved my theory, and they anounce their "retirements". Sadly, one of them was a good option in my opinion, But his actions lowered his chances of being promoted by half.

I know this is a bit extremist and cruel, But It's giving me good results about the best options for the tutorship.

By the way, the last and third process it's incomming right now, and I'll have the results in two days, We'll know which players were choosen to become tutors at monday, Maybe we'll have 6 new tutors, or maybe we won't have even one.

Warm Regards,
Raszagal

Darkvand

Reaction score
Excellent

You sir... are just brilliant. With this i can ensure that our next tutors will be some good ones.

psych07

Reaction score
only have to say "courage", for who still in this recruitment, cause is so much requeriments and therms like: speak english, have time free, know the rules and respect all players even who dont respect you.

ok if you have this things you will be one who will not pay vip and will give some work for the game and later?

I do this and now im same, i've no things diferent than others, stop play for few times and back lost my tutor, and no one of the staff messenge me about tutor only lost my rights of tutor and the colored nick on forum that was never colored :D

if u wanna be tutor or another thing more in staff dont go thinking of win something only give your work / time free like a comunitary work.

thats what i say for all who ask me about tutor.

Last edited:

Agar

Banned user
Reaction score
I do not know, because there are several people in this "pre selected" (which should not even be taken into consideration)

they are thinking

Last edited:

vicpvpnot

Reaction score
Good Luck for the new 'Futures' Tutors ;).

I aswer '' i'm not perfect in english '' if i dont do it , i pass for this turn ?

I prefer tell the true and try study for the one better english or i can just lie for you and pass for the next turn.

But Thanks for the chance and good luck with your new guys.

Yours Vic.

Chori :)

Reaction score
I couldn´t expect less from you. Good luck everyone and see you on Monday.

Milonga

Reaction score
all cited preselected received a message in the forum?

LionelRichie

Reaction score
Can you tell us what is the last part of the "test" ? Btw, good luck to everyone.

Ashcaiobra

Reaction score
Can you tell us what is the last part of the "test" ? Btw, good luck to everyone.
Of corse he wont tell us the last part of the test. As a test we need to be prepared to solve a problem and think fast for a good answer to the question as on the first test we were able to think, correct grammar and do all other things for a good answer we werent tested in our abilitys to think and answer a question or problem fast. Thats why I think next text we will need answer fast or solve a problem without having much time to think and correct problems using translators or other programs.

Ludacha

Reaction score
"good luck guys".."smart move raszagal"...."cant waint secone question,gogogog tutors"....damn i would like to say some on this words but idk is it okay to write on this forum
but its as*licking,beeing tutor doesnt mean that you need pretend you are some good guy or some,listen like a pet GMs and other and doing stupid and annoying things( as help channel
when someone ask "whats magikarp",1k ppl spam some stupid anwer,and then msg gm I WAS HELP THEM,PROMOTE ME)
Do it for your satisfaction in game not for someone else to see your good side :)
I know you guys think I'm insane or stupid,but i just say true,i saw tutors doing nothing,ignore players,just enjoy...bcz to much as*lic**....Maybe i dont fit on that point,becouse I'm guy on my hand,and i will say whats on my mind :) stop pretending and you will earn tutor for good reason

Just trying to help :p dont take this personaly :) if need some explanation or help or ask some,pvm in game Wesker the noob

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
"good luck guys".."smart move raszagal"...."cant waint secone question,gogogog tutors"....damn i would like to say some on this words but idk is it okay to write on this forum
but its as*licking,beeing tutor doesnt mean that you need pretend you are some good guy or some,listen like a pet GMs and other and doing stupid and annoying things( as help channel
when someone ask "whats magikarp",1k ppl spam some stupid anwer,and then msg gm I WAS HELP THEM,PROMOTE ME)
Do it for your satisfaction in game not for someone else to see your good side :)
I know you guys think I'm insane or stupid,but i just say true,i saw tutors doing nothing,ignore players,just enjoy...bcz to much as*lic**....Maybe i dont fit on that point,becouse I'm guy on my hand,and i will say whats on my mind :) stop pretending and you will earn tutor for good reason

Just trying to help :p dont take this personaly :) if need some explanation or help or ask some,pvm in game Wesker the noob

Hypocrite, you did the same before getting rejected.
Now you're crying for that, just because you've made a retirement thread saying nonsense.
Good luck in your further non-tutor Pokemon Adventure.

Foofighter

Banned user
Reaction score

Sad words...

The Viper

Reaction score
To select those players, I just applied a simple rule, and it's the next one:

"Players with less than 50 forum posts, won't fit on the possition"

A player that doesn't use the forum often, doesn't fit for the possition at first instance, that doesn't mean that I'm not considering them, It's just that I tested some of them in game (during this week), and most of them weren't able to answer me correctly, and the questions were quite simple.

I asked things like these, randomly to the playrs that didn't pass the first stage, just to confirm my theory:

"hey, my diamonds didn't arrive, in which board of the form should I post it?"
"hey, help i got banned withoout a good reason, where shoould i complain on the forum?"
"can you tell me in which board I can find guides and resources?"
"I have a great suggestion, pls give me the link to the board were I should post it"

Those four questions can be answered so easily by an active user of our Forum. But none of the players that weren't pre selected, answered me with a proper answer.

It was you!!!!!! You told me u were brazilian and u were retired for a year.

Ludacha

Reaction score
Hypocrite, you did the same before getting rejected.
Now you're crying for that, just because you've made a retirement thread saying nonsense.
Good luck in your further non-tutor Pokemon Adventure.

I was wait you to write some,kid :D i dont cry and i dont have reason,i said what i have on my mind...you can say whatever you want :) i dont care my polish brother

Back