What's new

Welcome!

Add shinies to regular boxes

demzpacito

Reaction score
Hello

The concept of pokemon boxes is as old as padventures itself (or almost as old). In the beginning it made a lot of sense and they were very highly valued for several reasons, mostly related to being an exclusive method for obtaining some poke (or almost that, old school remembers when there werent eevee resps and an egg would cost a fortune).

Nowadays not only many things have changed regarding this "exclusivity" but these boxes are much easier to obtain, mainly due to the rework of Daily Tasks and implemention of Daily Dungeons (for their respective boxes can give such boxes 2 and 3 as reward). That made their market become unbalanced, with much more offer than demand, specially for johto box 2 that is not recquired for any achievement

All that being said, I suggest adding shiny versions of the pokes to their respective boxes (for example, shiny corsola to johto box 2, shiny espeon to johto box 3, etc) to make them more attractive. Naturally with a very low rate. This could also be a great way for newcomers to farm cash (I see the difficulty to farm cash as a huge barrier for new players), since they can get plenty of them from Daily Tasks.

And I'd go further and add shiny versions of poke who currently dont have shiny but their evo have (for example, add shiny geodude to kanto box 2 and shiny totodile to johto box 2) and make them exclusive to boxes (to avoid having some op shiny respawns like geodudes at rock tunnel

This idea is just a scratch and can be further developed to make sure it's not abusable somehow. But I'd like to know what staff and community think about

Regards

gerownik

Reaction score
It would be cool only as obtaining shiny box is impossible.
but same time its non sense. If they added shinies versions to these boxes, which are not even common, they are very super common, it would make situation that someone could get 10 shiny espeons from pvp as he can buy right now about 10k of these boxes.
Thing is to not make this game easier than it is right now lol xd it shouldnt be all about how much money someone has (which let him buy boxes) but how much he spent on resp to catch these shinies.
Newbies still can go catch some sh torkoal, sh golem idk a lot of expensive pokes in easy way without high lvl as these pokes are available in nonlvl places.

Sylwonek

Reaction score
but same time its non sense. If they added shinies versions to these boxes, which are not even common, they are very super common, it would make situation that someone could get 10 shiny espeons from pvp as he can buy right now about 10k of these boxes.
Thing is to not make this game easier than it is right now lol xd it shouldnt be all about how much money someone has (which let him buy boxes) but how much he spent on resp to catch these shinies.
Newbies still can go catch some sh torkoal, sh golem idk a lot of expensive pokes in easy way without high lvl as these pokes are available in nonlvl places.
super mu napisales

Skyrus

Reaction score
Really I was thinking the same thing lately so I agree with you, but they should be very rare. Lets say 1 shiny in 300-500 boxes, it wont be a great deal but atleast the chance that there is a shiny inside is possible. This way people who use boxes for catch have a small chance to obtain something nice for their collection aswell.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Yup, it would be as easy as getting Latias and Latios on boxes since we already can get them. Now let's do the math and count how many of those are there around and how many dailies/dungeons are made everyday?
Not that hard to imagine that the odds can be really high to avoid economic collapse, huh?

gerownik

Reaction score
Yup, it would be as easy as getting Latias and Latios on boxes since we already can get them. Now let's do the math and count how many of those are there around and how many dailies/dungeons are made everyday?
Not that hard to imagine that the odds can be really high to avoid economic collapse, huh?

X D

demzpacito

Reaction score
Hey @Lag you seem to have lots of opinions on the matter since u keep reacting to every post like we're telling a joke. Would you care to share your thoughts with us?

demzpacito

Reaction score
And about what has been discussed, as it was pointed out on first post the odds for shinies would be very low (I wouldnt say as low as Latios/Latias but definetly low). This is the kind of thing that can be thought through to avoid abuse. But when Gero says people should have their shinies by grind catching in resp I beg to disagree, it takes a lot of work to raise cash and buy all boxes, why would that effort not be worth as well? And even if it were easy (like for ppl who donates large amounts), how would that be different from now? Now they just straight buy the poke, if my idea gets implemented instead of buying the poke from some high level they could redirect the cashflow for newcomers, who dont only lack access to many resps but also lack pokes/helds that make catching easier (a better team makes u kill resps faster, not to mention catch charm, shiny charm, charm unlocker etc)

The game Padventures was based on is a huge case of success. They kept it alive when they understood how annoying it was for a player to start their journey. We have a very loyal community that plays this game for ages and yet this community doesnt get larger, because the game cant retain newcomers. Nowadays is very easy flor low lvls to make cash with items from imbuements that are dropped from weak creatures that HL wont waste time hunting but will still pay good amount of cash for them. On Padventures, the rework of Daily Tasks was a good first step, they can make cash from selling balls/daily boxes, but still not enough if you ask me. This would help specially them cause they could open the daily box and sell it if a box 2 or 3 came

Why Cant

Reaction score
Simply the topic of boxing, we shouldn't touch on that topic, we all know how this ends, worse if you ask to get boxing shinys... there if the gero is right there are players who live in pvp and get shinys, no one knows how they do it but hey, good for them... or like the 1st latios I think it was or latias? I don't remember what it was, an account created 2 months ago, and he opened a couple of boxes and got the pokemon, and by chance the pokemon ended up in Mr. Andy's hands and now the account has been inactive for months xD.
For my part, this topic of boxes and shinys is unnecessary here xD

Why Cant

Reaction score
Simply the topic of boxing, we shouldn't touch on that topic, we all know how this ends, worse if you ask to get boxing shinys... there if the gero is right there are players who live in pvp and get shinys, no one knows how they do it but hey, good for them... or like the 1st latios I think it was or latias? I don't remember what it was, an account created 2 months ago, and he opened a couple of boxes and got the pokemon, and by chance the pokemon ended up in Mr. Andy's hands and now the account has been inactive for months xD.
For my part, this topic of boxes and shinys is unnecessary here xD
The most useful thing I see is that all boxes 2 and 3 have achievements, so many players who only dedicate themselves to making achievements buy, and the boxes can be controlled, for my part I have about 300 boxes 2 kanto/hoen/ johto xD
It would be a good way to put those boxes to use.

Back