What's new

Welcome!

The reason of not being able to rename Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beel

Reaction score
I saw many ridiculous names in this TS. And it will get worse when it is available in official PA.

Some screens:

asminapira.jpgpatopurific.jpgvanumatador.jpgamaurydumbo.jpglady gaga.jpg

This function should not be enable. To prevent this things.

Leave comments!

Thanks and sorry for the english. :p

Harvey

Honorary Members
Reaction score
Its part of the pokemon customizing, your pokemon should be your partner and you should be able to rename it.

Ozai

Reaction score
Re-name System maybe would cost like 3-5 diamonds I think people wouldn't pay for a "ridiculous name" and GM's would have a new command to erase ilegal names.

Khan

Reaction score
Re-name System maybe would cost like 3-5 diamonds I think people wouldn't pay for a "ridiculous name" and GM's would have a new command to erase ilegal names.
To costly, it's just a name. Btw even if you put 10 diamonds. There will still be people who put stupid names on pokemon, but that's their option. We shouldn't make it expensive just because of that. Also it should be free to remove a nickname. Incase you buy a pokemon with a nickname that you don't like.
Oh and illegal nicknames on pokemon should be name-blocked already before update.

cwkleinm

Reaction score
The one thing i hate about other pokemon servers, and i (did) love about this PA, is about those freaking names.
I find it rediculous to see, for example, a pokemon walking with the name ladisaninaesator or sh*t like that.
Just dont add the pokemon names. It is a game, your pokemon being your ''partner'', dude wtf... Then let only the trainer who uses that pokemon see the name of the poke, and not everyone walking arround on PA.

Bad idea, rediculous, awfull and this will ruin a good part of this game.

''Nuff said?

/Kino

Yuujin

Reaction score
I agree that this whole rename your pokemon thing is a failure and a bad addition to the game. It works on GBA games since you're playing it alone.
Here it would just be weird and ruin the feeling of the game, seeing for example a Venusaur named something weird like "Milkshake" or whatever!
In my opinion the nickname shouldn't replace the original name of the called poke but maybe have it in the info bar , something like this :

"11:58 You see a Magmar [100] (Nickname), it belongs to Yuujin" Something like that, might not be as intresting but better than replacing the name itself.

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
Name idea is good for me, its trainer's choice to name his pokemon or not. If you don't like it, don't name your poke, but others like it. Also, there is already a namelock command for GMs that makes a pokemon lose its nickname if it's offensive or something.

Hohenheim

Retired Admin/Former Player
Reaction score
A poll was made a long time ago, and the vast majority wanted this feature ingame, and now nothing will stop it.
All nickname changes are logged, and it has its restrictions, check at the latest ts thread. All gamemasters will be able to namelock any invalid nick.

Elias Walker

Reaction score
Really man, I can't see any problem on those nicknames... It will only be a problem if have names using words like pennis, ETC...

Foofighter

Banned user
Reaction score
I saw many ridiculous names in this TS. And it will get worse when it is available in official PA.

Some screens:

View attachment 3193View attachment 3194View attachment 3195View attachment 3196View attachment 3197

This function should not be enable. To prevent this things.

Leave comments!

Thanks and sorry for the english. :p

Oh Mr. feel like a sir names master, how would you rename your pokes?
Bach? Tesla? Seneca? Luis XIV?

Its a game dude... and Pato Purific sounds funny in a porygon.

Beel

Reaction score
Oh Mr. feel like a sir names master, how would you rename your pokes?
Bach? Tesla? Seneca? Luis XIV?

Its a game dude... and Pato Purific sounds funny in a porygon.

Yeah, its a game. I saw many ridiculous name, but i saw nice names too. I just think it would ruin the game if you found a pokemon with names like "condomxd".

And Im not Mr. feel like a sir names master, My nickname is pretty ugly. :p

Abble

Reaction score
Yeah, its a game. I saw many ridiculous name, but i saw nice names too. I just think it would ruin the game if you found a pokemon with names like "condomxd".

And Im not Mr. feel like a sir names master, My nickname is pretty ugly. :p

how would nicknames ruin the game? wtf...

Makarno.-

Reaction score
"11:58 You see a Magmar [100] (Nickname), it belongs to Yuujin" Something like that, might not be as intresting but better than replacing the name itself.

It's perfect bro, thats what I also think, and name shouldn't be seen for other players.. you don't know whats a Magmars name just by looking. I think it should be as you suggested, and also the person who gives the nick should be able to replace its name by the nick on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back