What's new

Welcome!

Regarding the recent diamond crashes and overall worldwide internet status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpsomp

Reaction score
We hope all of you and your loved ones are well through this quarantine, stay home, stay safe.

The reason for this post is to explain the reason for the crashes on the servers and the constant high ping.

Due to quarantine, internet services in the world are saturated cause of higher data demand, which also affects us. Sure you will think ... "It only happens to me when I play Padventures" but the reality is that it affects everyone, there are big companies such as Netflix or YouTube which have had to lower the quality of their streaming service due to their abundant demand, and to reduce the impact on the internet.
Remember that we aren't as big as them, and we can't do much to go around this.

We hope everyone can understand that the problem of the servers is not in our hands, it is something that we cannot control. If we could do something it would already be done to be able to provide you with the best service and fun possible as always.

Regards,
PA Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
And to explain some crashes (in most cases it's a server hang/freeze, but there's needed a forced restart to make it work again). It happens more often, because more people play and there's way higher chance that more players find and "use" this bug to cause such hang (most likely without even knowing, doing it on purpose).
We cannot fix something, that we dont know how it happens and how to reproduce it. Not every bug is giving any console error that we can read and just fix, or it does but it's not enough to even find the problem.
Before quarantine one guy found such a bug and decided to abuse of it, once it was fixed there were way less problems for few days, but there are more errors that yet have to be found and it's very very difficult, so all we ask is understanding. Right now all we can do is apologize that we aren't good enough to fix it immediately and let you play wthout problems. We do everything to minimize your loses (save is every 5min, if server is offline more than 1 hour we recover tickets and usualy with extra time).

I also kindly ask you to stop judge us (what I especially see on polish chat) saying that we just buy cheap server that cannot hold this amount of players and all we care about is money. Actually server can hold way more than it is written on the main page. Lags aren't caused by low capacity or low speed, it's better than we require, but the problem as Simpsomp said above is high demand and limits, specially here in Europe where server is located.

Kohnan

Reaction score
I thank you for your sincerity and honesty. I understand you because I know a little of the matter. I would like to make a request to you that I think most of them would find very comforting.
Given the drawbacks, is there a possibility to cheer at least 1 or more days for the scheduled event?

Smoeker-san

Reaction score
Thanks for explain the reasons <3 I hope yours do the best for the game, C u later <3

Shouya

Reaction score
What kind of argument is "It only happens in PA" ? It's amazing how ignorant some people can be, a multi-milion dollar company like Riot Games has the same issue, they were rescheduling the tournaments to early hours during the day to make it less laggy as possible, and even then the ping is still approximately 100~...if they are having problems, how do people expect PA Staff and its minority to work on this?

Anyhow, we just have to endure this together, situation will get better eventually, just ignore the negativity, stay home and stay safe.

Sincerely, Krey.

Patriot

Reaction score
What kind of argument is "It only happens in PA" ? It's amazing how ignorant some people can be, a multi-milion dollar company like Riot Games has the same issue, they were rescheduling the tournaments to early hours during the day to make it less laggy as possible, and even then the ping is still approximately 100~...if they are having problems, how do people expect PA Staff and its minority to work on this?

Anyhow, we just have to endure this together, situation will get better eventually, just ignore the negativity, stay home and stay safe.

Sincerely, Krey.

I don't follow the situation in other games, e.g. I complain about this situation because we don't get specific messages, only such as "if you don't know what's going on, what you're criticizing" and the like. Not all games have lags, and comparing a company that associates millions of players with the fan version of pokemon tibia where 1.2K people play is a wrong comparison.

Shouya

Reaction score
I mean, doesn't this just show how people have nothing better to do? I understand the quarantine situation, but PA isn't supposed to be the only thing in your life. Besides that, as much as it's their obligation to fix the lags and crashes, at same time they aren't obliged to make a shiny event. We already got winter event for a longer time and really good rewards from it.

Droggo

Reaction score
Terrible lagging before quarentine

I know its quite sad but I've been facing terrible lags only in pad and couldnt figure how to solve it out. Maybe its just a matter of config settings instead of computer limitation, as I mentioned in this post before (thread - terrible freezes after update!) and got no answer/guidance I decided to post it here once again. Help! :(

Zecao

Reaction score
True...
300 players is too much for Padventures? :D

It is not a problem that the PAdventures server is inefficient, only that of so many people in quarantine consuming data from large entertainment companies, the network is obviously saturated, it has happened to me in other video games, even with better network media, it is obviously the game will not perform at 100%, regards.

Billsama

Reaction score
padventure es un excelente juego y si se comprende que por el alta demanda en estos dias se vea afectado y se comprende que si llegan a tomar la decision de cerrarlo por un dia para darle mejora no hat objeccion espero y puedan solucionarlo se ve que le ponen dedicacion y es pesado por que deben de tener ida muy aparte del juego.

Patriot

Reaction score
padventure es un excelente juego y si se comprende que por el alta demanda en estos dias se vea afectado y se comprende que si llegan a tomar la decision de cerrarlo por un dia para darle mejora no hat objeccion espero y puedan solucionarlo se ve que le ponen dedicacion y es pesado por que deben de tener ida muy aparte del juego.

It seems to me that this person has broken the rules of the Forum at this time and should be punished / suffered because we in the general forum use English.

Ignorance of the law doesn't release you from compliance.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
I have read that what you wrote here, but is it really impossible to do something? at late hours gmt+1 its impossible to play, its sooooooooo annoying and irritating.
As part of Pa players community, im really asking for something to do with that, 1 weeks of lags ehh no problem, but its too much...
Regards.

Troled Devilerk

Reaction score
Khormes has right. For example i have just time to play during evening/night (gmt+1) and it is almost impossible to do something. Only thing i can do is afk-catch due to ping i have. It is jumping from 500 to 5000 ms, is it normal for you?
And it is not just because now world has issue with COVID-19 and people stay at their houses, it was happening much earlier before anyone cares about this virus. We are paying for this game due to donates, when i started my adventure on PA it was a pleasure to play, but now? I feel like this is a joke

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Well someone can say im complaining and not even trying to give any solution or alternative, so i would like to suggest re-open pearl or buy better server just for 1 month.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I don't see opening Pearl as a proper solution and "buying a better server" is also not that easy.

Preparing for chaos and shitstorm in 3... 2... 1...

Since Diamond never had the chance to transfer to Platinum and probably old Pearl players were automatically transferred to Diamond...

Maybe now, that Diamond is really crowded (I assume old and new players), a solution could be opening transfer ONLY from Diamond to Platinum.

I know a couple of players who would very much like to transfer to Platinum.

Just my humble opinion. :p

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
i have read that what you wrote here, but is it really impossible to do something? At late hours gmt+1 its impossible to play, its sooooooooo annoying and irritating.
As part of pa players community, im really asking for something to do with that, 1 weeks of lags ehh no problem, but its too much...
Regards.

buuumppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back