What's new

Welcome!

Hitmonchan's passive

Skyrus

Reaction score
Greetings,

I wonder if anyone can tell me what this move actually does in pa? A friend of me told me it only disables invisible for ghost types which would be pretty useless because who is gonna use a fight pokemon against ghost types?

I searched what this move is on bulbapedia and I was quite excited to read it is a move that removes the ghost type immunity to fight and normal type moves. I checked this out ingame but it doesn't work like this.

Bulbapedia:

When Foresight is used, if the user's accuracy stat stage is less than the target's evasion stat stage, both stat stages will be treated as zero during accuracy checks against the target. This effect remains until the target switches out, but the effect may be passed via Baton Pass.

Foresight also removes the Ghost type's immunity to Fighting-type and Normal-type moves for any moves used against the target.

Foresight has an accuracy of 100%. Foresight will fail if it is used on a Pokémon already under its effect.

Generation III​

Foresight now causes all accuracy checks against the target to ignore any changes to the target's evasion stat stages. This effect can no longer be Baton Passed. Foresight can also now successfully be used on Pokémon that are already under its effect.

Generation IV​

Foresight now only causes accuracy checks against the target to ignore changes to its evasion stat stages if its evasion stat stage is greater than 0.
Foresight now also bypasses accuracy checks to always hit, unless the target is in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move such as Dig or Fly.

Generations V to VII​

Foresight can now be reflected with Magic Coat.
Foresight will once again fail if used against a Pokémon already under its effect.
If powered up by a Normalium Z into Z-Foresight, the user's critical hit ratio increases by two stages.

It would be cool if this move would actually remove that immunity, if not than I guess it should be switched for something usefull instead.

Thanks in advance,
Skyrus

Last edited:
Back