Welcome!

Battle pass feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that the battle pass is almost over is time to read your feedback

1. Did you like it? What you liked the most? What you disliked the most?
2. What would you change/improve in current tasks?
3. What tasks would you like to see added in future?

Vassy

Reaction score
I think they should divide it according to the seasons of the year, would it be something more like a season battle pass? maybe i think.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
1. Interesting feature, so many achievements can be made within the tasks, also gives a little fun for those who are not currently with any goal inside the game. Rewards, tho, could be slightly better, comparing to the price of the diamonds we have nowadays. TBH I just joined cause I thought the desserts had 5~7 uses, instead only a single use and that number was a char limitation, if I knew it before, I would prolly buy another catch charm...

"Oh, but the rewards pay it". Kinda, but if you consider re-rolls or time that you spend on teleport/steps/mining tasks, for example, it could be a little better since the player can get similar profit hunting normally instead doing battle pass tasks (especially if it happens during a shiny/catch/loot event).
Another example: with the same 50 diamonds, a person can get a catch charm, use it on a shiny with kinda 'high' catch rate, for example, a Sh. Typhlosion, and a catch will make the player profit like 2-3x the rewards value.
So prolly with lower price for the Battle Pass (like 25~30 diamonds) or better rewards will make more people buy it and join.

2. Tasks are ok, re-roll system is ok. Maybe making re-rolls one diamond more expensive, but this reflecting on the rewards (as explained before).

3. Tasks involving trading cards would be fun, even tho the cd system could be a barrier. Dueling tasks. Catching inside safaris. Running from a city to another in a x time. Sniffing...

Anyway, thanks for trying to bring something new.

Sylwanek

Reaction score

1.good i like/i liked the most tasks which i can do on exp/i disliked that no one know if its ending today or not u just can idk say us when pass is ending xD ah and steps on snow task this task is super long pls delete this mechanic that snow need to be new :/
2.Maybe more pokes to kill 300 is really not that much maybe 500-750?
3.hmm say 60 to demon king 60 times in my opinion will be good thats all bye

Fallen Angel

Reaction score

1- I really liked it, when I had nothing to do I could just focus on my BP tasks and play the game. I personally disliked some tasks which I'll list below, spending diamonds for re-rolling is a sink I don't really need.
2- I'd remove some of them including but not limited to "Catch 5 Dragon Type Pokémon" since dragons don't have any "easy" Pokémon to catch and "Open 5 Pikachu Cosplay Boxes" since most people use them the moment they get them. And maybe change "Evolve 5 Pokémon" to something like "Evolve 3 Pokémon", it is easy to do in Platinum but shouldn't be as easy in Diamond.
3- A task for catching 5 Pokémon in Safari, a task for catching 3 Pokémon while underwater, a task for spending X money, a task for sniffing 15 Pokémon, a task for using a certain move X times or using a certain type of move X times, and a task for winning 10~ duels.

Apart from all these I'd also like to suggest one free re-roll per week to help players avoid spend too many diamonds.

Metin

Reaction score
While battle pass encourages people to play more, the price of 50 diamonds per person, plus 5 diamonds for 5 rerolls on average, removes a great amount of diamonds from circulation resulting in higher diamond prices, at least this was what happened in Platinum. Whats worse is that the pass includes some items that new players could previously get from missions and sell to make money and get premium with that money. With the abundance of said items in every player thanks to the battle pass, the value of them substantially decreased, resulting in a lower market price that doesnt compensate the need for 10 diamonds anymore.

This results in a system in which the players who can afford the initial 50 diamonds can earn the money they spent back in a few days and reap the rest of the rewards as profit, whereas noobies struggle even to put together the 10 diamonds needed to buy premium.

Lord Malboro

Reaction score
1- I really liked it, when I had nothing to do I could just focus on my BP tasks and play the game. I personally disliked some tasks which I'll list below, spending diamonds for re-rolling is a sink I don't really need.
2- I'd remove some of them including but not limited to "Catch 5 Dragon Type Pokémon" since dragons don't have any "easy" Pokémon to catch and "Open 5 Pikachu Cosplay Boxes" since most people use them the moment they get them. And maybe change "Evolve 5 Pokémon" to something like "Evolve 3 Pokémon", it is easy to do in Platinum but shouldn't be as easy in Diamond.
3- A task for catching 5 Pokémon in Safari, a task for catching 3 Pokémon while underwater, a task for spending X money, a task for sniffing 15 Pokémon, a task for using a certain move X times or using a certain type of move X times, and a task for winning 10~ duels.

Apart from all these I'd also like to suggest one free re-roll per week to help players avoid spend too many diamonds.
It doesn't take away the task "Open 5 Pikachu Cosplay Boxes", now that I'm managing to sell mine, I have more than 70, whoever needs it, I sell them. :ROFLMAO:😘

eraserarts

Reaction score
- It was a pretty good first draft. 50 diamonds is a great price for it, it pays for itself very quickly so its probably fine as this will prevent players from doing it on multiple characters and flooding the market with rewards.
- I liked that a large number of tasks could be done in under 1 hour which means casuals can also do them and not feel left behind.
- I disliked that some tasks were time gated and were basically an insta re-roll for me, e.g. train, airplane, mine 30 powders, teleport x times, heal with Joy in 25 cities. Those tasks were simply not worth the time in comparison to paying one diamond to re-roll and get something doable.
- Significantly reduce the amount of times needed to do a time gated task, so that they are doable in about an hour, since its an hour of not hunting anything in return.
- Allow selecting which task is active, being able to pair tasks like teleport x times and Joy in different locations or fishing and defeat x water.
- increase the number of pokes needed to be defeated in some categories, 300 water easy, 300 normals a little harder, 300 dragons if you're not in the higher levels is a chore. Instead 1000 water, 500 normal, 300 dragons for example.
- Remove task with Rainbow powders, they're already rare and difficult to get, burning 25 is simply never better than just buying 1 diamond to re-roll.
- Defeat x of specific final form pokemon? this will mean re-rolls or denial of people doing the pass on multiple low level toons to get extra rewards.

Finally, if you decide to ease down a few of the time gated tasks to less gos, you can simply make it 3 tasks per day to offset the chance of getting 2 easy ones and being done in 20 mins.

Carlos Eduardo

Reaction score
In resume xD I really liked the Pass
About the quests many players above have already said the same thing I think, the quests that demand a lot of time and in some way keep you from playing (surfing, walking in the snow, plane, train) are unnecessary, in my opinion they were meant to be considered difficult but in practice are boring and tedious. I would change them to missions that are really hard and that are attractive, like: kill 1k/2k poke per type, capture 1/2/3 rare pokemon, finish 1/2 daily tasks, use 500/1k ultra ball, 300/500 revives.

About the rewards I think they are really worth the 50 Diamonds, especially the fact that we receive two tickets for 15 days premium (less 10 Diamonds of the monthly premium). When I think of Battle Pass, especially based on other games, I believe that skins are missing! We have addon backpack, addon bag, outfit bag but these items are old, having an Outfit / Pokemon addons / Decorations new and EXCLUSIVE to the Pass would be amazing.

ps: i had forgotten about the 11 years cake and christmas decorations ! That really should continue in the next Pass, new decorations.

Tsotss

Reaction score

Overall this system is realy nice. A lot of players were encouraged to do something other than they have been used to. Besides this, many other stuff would be possible to do at the same time, like achievements and so. Also what is worth to say that tasks were usually completly different comparing to tasks we have ingame from X time, some of them are kind of unique, what is really enjoyable, that they weren't just to kill X amount of pokes or sell X amount of items/bring to any NPC.

What I disliked? Some tasks, which needed time consuming. I got it that not every would be easy and that's totally fair, but some of them needed hour(s) to do them (like walking on snow for example or catching 5x dragon). As it was an extra thing added to the game, it should bring us fun, but in tasks like these above many people were frustrated and did just re-roll (inluding me). Nice that you gave possibility re-roll them.

About tasks - for me some need change an amount, like walking on snow, catching 5x dragons (here maybe 1) and others which number is a bit high.

Like what Fallen Angel said - using X type of moves or certain move, sniffing pokes. Other: harvesting any berry 25/30x (don't know if it was already, never got it), using skills 30x/50x (ride/fly and so), eat any food 30x~, maybe looting X times certain item (that easier ones, not like TM/held or even plate), what are easy to loot (like fire essence), maybe changing items into essences.

In the end would like to propose giving 3/5x free re-roll for tasks. Many things which have been added recently needed diamonds (like gifts, pass and others) - it's ok, but due those things price of diamonds increased insane and that way many people lost posibility of getting premium for in-game money. 3/5 free re-roll maybe isn't something big but would help a lot.

Also thanks for that system, it was fun to make something different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back