What's new

Welcome!

Trick Master (quest suggestion)

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
Hello!

I think that there are too many linear quests that are based on "kill tons of pokes, get a reward", "bring millions of items, get a reward" or combining both of those things.
My idea of a quest is based on Pokemon R/S/E's Trick Master. This quest would ONLY be based on solving mysteries (ex. finding hidden NPCs, basic stuff on the map or just word riddles, there are many possibilities).
The Trick Master would give each player a different mystery to solve everyday (so it would be harder to do spoilers :D ).
Each player would for example have 100 mysteries to solve to complete the quest and there would be a pool of 250 or more mysteries.

Rewards!
To get the rewards you would have to reach "milestones" with the points you would gain in the quest by solving the mysteries.
For example:
10 points milestone - you obtain some ultra balls and ultra pots
25 points milestone - you obtain some full revives
50 points milestone - you obtain some rare candies
75 points milestone - you obtain a rare pokemon doll or a rare house decoration?
100 points (finishing the quest) - you obtain a box 3 from the region you chose or a TM case?

Well, the rewards are just an example of how it would work. Hope you like my idea :)

Cpadde

Reaction score
Could be cool, but would you make all the mysteries then or who would have the time? xD

P.S Imo there is to little quests that require lots of items. I would love some quest where you need muuuuuch items to make it a little harder cause quests now all items can be looted in few h? : >

demz

Banned user
Reaction score
Idea is not bad, but itd just be a matter of a bigger time until all riddles were solved and spoiler is complete. Spoiler is almost inevitable in games like padv.

I like quests that challenge our skills such as fire silver and brick/feint. In those quests spoilers are helpful but not enough if you suck at the game

The only way to avoid spoilers in this quest you proposed would be having an infinite pool of tasks, and id say 250 is already pretty much unfeasible, so..

Matelus

Stupid at math
Reaction score
Could be cool, but would you make all the mysteries then or who would have the time? xD

I would love to help, even if it takes years to create :p

Idea is not bad, but itd just be a matter of a bigger time until all riddles were solved and spoiler is complete. Spoiler is almost inevitable in games like padv.

I like quests that challenge our skills such as fire silver and brick/feint. In those quests spoilers are helpful but not enough if you suck at the game

The only way to avoid spoilers in this quest you proposed would be having an infinite pool of tasks, and id say 250 is already pretty much unfeasible, so..

250 is just a suggestion too and some tasks/riddles/mysteries would be possible to be "infinite". Let's say you have to find X.
NPC gives you just a little hint uhhh...
"Roses are red, violets are blue, some balloons abduct children, is that true?" aaand the X spawns in a completely random place around Drifloon spawn for the exact player.
Next player who'd draw that riddle would have the X spawn in another completely random place around Drifloon spawn.

Back