What's new

Welcome!

Suggestion to improve Padventures' duels.

Do you agree with it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiago Monteiro

Reaction score
Hello dear community.

As the tittle says, I'm here to suggesting a way to improve our duels and to try to make it funnier. Today I've been thinking, and let's be honest, actually our duels are pratically "Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, Water beats Fire, Fire beats Insect, Insect beats Psychic... etc etc".

Obviously I know it must be like this, but it doesn't mean that an element must have 0 chances to beat its weakness in my opinion cuz even if we take a look in anime we can see a Pikachu beating Onix and Rhydon (Don't take it with irony please, I know Ash has a Cloned shiny mega evolved Pikachu... It was just an example!).

Anyway, in my honest opinion, an element should have always a small chance to beat its weakness, it would make duels much more funny, cuz if for example you have a team with Charizard, Kingdra, Hounchkrow, Rhyperior, Lapras and Dragonite (It's more or less my team, but that's not the reason why I'm suggesting it, is just another example) if your opponent has in his team 2 electric pokemons you will have rlly problems to beat it since you have 5 pokemons which lose to electric and only one can beat it without problems.

So, my suggestion is quite simple. I would like to see, if everyone agrees ofc, some items to improve pokemon's status.
Looking at bulbapedia I found the items we can find in Nintendo games, and I guess we could use it.

I'm talking about this:

Well, there are more, but I guess those ones would be enough.

So, each one of them would have a special effect in your pokemon, and it could something like this:

X - Attack : Gives a buff with small amount of dmg per hit in every move. Something like only +50 dmg.
X - Defense : Create and gives a buff with a small % of defense to your pokemon (more or less like defense moves give right now). Something like 0.5% defense.
X - Speed : That's quite hard for me to suggest what it could do, I guess maybe decrease a bit pokemon's coldown or something. (This one ofc with some limitations).
Dire Hit : Somehow makes your pokemon able to do critical hits.

Now, before you say it would pratically change nothing cuz I wrote small numbers to every item, I'm gonna say how I would make it work.

My suggestion to create pokemon's status consist in make pokemons having 30 free spots.
What does it means?
You can add 30 of those items to your pokemon, but not 30 of each one, you must split it as you want. For example, if you add 30 X-Attacks you can't add any other item to your pokemon. If you add 10 X-Attacks, 10 X-Defenses and 10 X-Speeds, you can't add any Dire Hit to your pokemon. I hope you understand what I mean.

Imo it would bring a lot more of strategy and intelligence to duels cuz you must be smart in the way to improve your pokemon, using 30 X-Attacks would make your pokemon gets +1.5k dmg in x1 in every move, but it would keep with 0 defense and it could be bad dueling.

With it, I also suggest to improve every single pokemon's HP to make duels longer and funnier.

I also would make those items really rare, not like you can get it easily doing quests with low lvl characters to don't make it easy to abuse.
Keep in mind every single value I used here is a suggestion, it can be changed in case of being accepted.

Well, that's all. Thanks for your time reading it and leave your opinion please ^^

Regards,
Tiago.

Michalak

Reaction score
I like whole idea, maybe some things should be still more balanced but anyway i agree.

Piczek007

Reaction score
Crits are plague of every game. Also it would affect balance soooo much - maybe if you are rich and your every pokemon have reflect it doesnt make difference, but considering only basic skill-sets it would be obvious choice to take full attack on poke with protection(or smth similar) and raep everything everywhere xd

SpinarakMan

Reaction score
I dislike the idea, but also I dislike the idea of using berries or flutes in duel.. It's the same thing for me.. Duel won't be about who plays better, but about who has more items to use during it.

My vote is No.
Srry Tiaguito

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Sorry but disagreed.The one who plays better should win the duels not the one with a lot of items/cash...
Btw you can beat a water type with a rock type or a fire type with a steel type if you can play smart enough.

Last edited:

Skyrus

Reaction score
But than again I suppose these things aren't for free? So Isn't this really another thing which poor people will suffer off? We already have TM's and some people can't afford them because they are really expensive (so they already have a disadvantage in pvp) and than you want to add items to boost ur pokemons power. Poor people will even fall more behind and I suppose these powers also work for pve? So pokemons like porygon will have 30 of those attack boosts and than people go hunt in gengar mansion raping all the ghost pokemons like crazy because well they are already immune for ghost attacks.

Ps isn't this the system pxg uses? I agree you take all their sprites and things which doesn't change the gameplay like double duels but this is really a game changer.

Last edited:

kevin1210

Reaction score
Very good ;)
And if put item: increases damage on tm too.Exemple: Tm Reflect.One hit of 1k,could take 500+ damage ;)
So: "Bad" Tms could be otherwise seen.
:v ;)

Nice Idea Tiago ;)

#Bkbrian

---> For a New World <---

shesho

Reaction score
i like the idea because is like the "ev's", however, the game is going to become harder for begginers :S maybe if those items boost your pokes for some period of time (something like 30 mins?) after that the effect disappear and with some restrictions (1 of them per hour, so you must choice between damage, or hp reduction). Anyway i like your concept idea :)

Tom Valis

Reaction score
But than again I suppose these things aren't for free? So Isn't this really another thing which poor people will suffer off? We already have TM's and some people can't afford them because they are really expensive (so they already have a disadvantage in pvp) and than you want to add items to boost ur pokemons power. Poor people will even fall more behind and I suppose these powers also work for pve? So pokemons like porygon will have 30 of those attack boosts and than people go hunt in gengar mansion raping all the ghost pokemons like crazy because well they are already immune for ghost attacks.

Ps isn't this the system pxg uses? I agree you take all their sprites and things which doesn't change the gameplay like double duels but this is really a game changer.

Yes, maybe rich players will have advantages in duels . On the other hand , strengthen the Pokemon using these items can help to hunt with the favorite creature almost anywhere.

Agustiinn

Reaction score
I disagree, this will be like using berries in duel , and using it is like disrespectfull in dueling xD.

I agree i they are like pots that u can use when hunting pokes, as you can in the real pokemon.

Skyrus

Reaction score
I just logged in on pxg to see if they use this system and they do, it's really messy in trade. So I disagree.

I think you should work on some ideas of our own members. Or take things from pxg which doesn't change the gameplay for example the pokemons names above our pokemon, in pxg your pokemon name is always above the head of the pokemon instead of in the middle of it, covering the faces making them ugly.

Example:

pxg left, padventures right

35a6gpx.png

Last edited:

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
Ppl, what pxg have are HELD ITEMS, totally diferent from this suggestion, pls learn some.

And no tiago, i've been always against that, it could be a buff of 1 use on a duel, but not a item to be added to pokemon, so, disagreed.

Skyrus

Reaction score
Ppl, what pxg have are HELD ITEMS, totally diferent from this suggestion, pls learn some.

And no tiago, i've been always against that, it could be a buff of 1 use on a duel, but not a item to be added to pokemon, so, disagreed.

They can't take it off once they placed it in a pokemon dude, it's the same system:

16:25 Destructiont: BUY: SHINY DITTO / X ATTACK 7 / CRITICAL 7 ~~~~SELL : AERODACTYL+50 (DEF 4 / WING5) ~~RETURN 7 ~~ BOOST 7~~HARDEN 7~~ELEMENTAL 7 (22%)~~ DEFENSE 5 ~~ACCURACY 3 ~~ OFFER

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I disagree adding buff items, but totally agree of adding x ammount of hp to pokemon to make it last longer in duels. [cus actually poke usually dies after using 4-5 moves]
Like i was saying milion of times.

Skyrus

Reaction score
I disagree adding buff items, but totally agree of adding x ammount of hp to pokemon to make it last longer in duels. [cus actually poke usually dies after using 4-5 moves]
Like i was saying milion of times.

Yea but if you add hp to a pokemon doesn't wild pokemon automatic have more hp aswell? If not than I think buffing all pokemons hp x 2 would be a great idea to make duels last longer.

Abble

Reaction score
Yea but if you add hp to a pokemon doesn't wild pokemon automatic have more hp aswell? If not than I think buffing all pokemons hp x 2 would be a great idea to make duels last longer.

I think it would be a bad idea, all pokémon are balanced and have life acording with their skills, a pokémon that has rest/restore/recover will last a lot longer dueling and may even be able to survive till it's spell come back on cd and be full life again.

Skyrus

Reaction score
I think it would be a bad idea, all pokémon are balanced and have life acording with their skills, a pokémon that has rest/restore/recover will last a lot longer dueling and may even be able to survive till it's spell come back on cd and be full life again.

Rest/Restore heal 50% instead of 100, really duels should last longer some way

Back