Rebalance discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakun

Reaction score
Rhydon Know Scary Face but Rhyperior didn't know xD

Teddi14

Reaction score
Water type pokemons do x 1 dmg to electric type poke, they should do x 1/2 (half dmg)

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
Water type pokemons do x 1 dmg to electric type poke, they should do x 1/2 (half dmg)

RJNyziFT7.png

G'luck

Teddi14

Reaction score
So if i want up my electabuzz or somethink ill should go hunt other buzzs xd? Thats actually funny becasue there is no good place to up electric pokes ;f

Abble

Reaction score
Check this site. Metagros is not resistant for dark&ghost. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Metagross_(Pokémon)
And here u have screen from this site about metagross effective:
ywrznosxdbcfshdqnxnpynewosdhnkqhcigjyjyeaxingqftzqpfxzekrukulkktlucjbtreyiobfqqxmkhxukkdevrdzetqmpcl

That's the last generation, we don't even have fairy types yet, if we use that as reference it wouldn't be fair to pokemons that are resistent/strong against fairy type because it's not implemented yet (since they lose some power thinking by it's type), so they should be as they are in the second/third generation.

So if i want up my electabuzz or somethink ill should go hunt other buzzs xd? Thats actually funny becasue there is no good place to up electric pokes ;f

It's really easy to lvl up electric pokes at gyarados, for instance.

xkarikx

Reaction score
Add Iron Defense to Steelix for Harden cuz Steel pokes should have this move.

Tiago Monteiro

Reaction score
Add Iron Defense to Steelix for Harden cuz Steel pokes should have this move.
Check bulbapedia and tell us which one it learns. Btw, Iron Defense and Harden add both 30% of defense to the pokemon, so there is no reason to change, also we removed it from steelix to remove its sprite with iron defense, so we can save space to other sprite.

Aleks

Reaction score
Octillery:
Remove scald or waterball and add protection or aqua ring e.e

xkarikx

Reaction score
Check bulbapedia and tell us which one it learns. Btw, Iron Defense and Harden add both 30% of defense to the pokemon, so there is no reason to change, also we removed it from steelix to remove its sprite with iron defense, so we can save space to other sprite.
Some pokes can't learn moves in bulbapedia but have other skills in PA logic?

Tiago Monteiro

Reaction score
Some pokes can't learn moves in bulbapedia but have other skills in PA logic?
The logic is that we do our best to follow Bulbapedia and to do pokemons' movesets by there, but if in any case we think any pokemon needs more AoE moves, stuns, or even melees, we will have to find another way to improve the pokemon, but I assure you Bulbapedia is always our first option to do any kind of moveset.

Lemme give you an example:
Ambipom in Bulbapedia:

That's Ambipom in PA:

so my question for you is simple. Would you be able to level an Ambipom if we have done its moveset based only in bulbapedia's moveset, and giving you a pokemon with only Fury Swipes as AoE?

If in any case you find something different from bulbapedia, it means it was needed, not because we wanted. There is not needed to add Iron Defense to Steelix cuz:
1º - It doesn't learn Iron Defense.
2º - It learns another move with the same effect, which adds the same amount of defense.
3º - It let us save one more place to any other sprite, which probably will be used by a most useful one.

I don't want to be rude but, will I need to explain you the same thing for the 3rd time? '-'
Hope you get the logic now.

olimek

Banned user
Reaction score
so what about metagross? change weak ghost and dark to normal?

Sheeper

Reaction score
Imo metagross should have exactly same resistances as Nintendo developed it, also, it's not some decent poke (as it should be together with tyranitar and dragonite [semi legendaries]), so I can't see any reason to change his weakness/efectivness lol. And as mentioned many times, metagross definitelly needs a buff, it's a bunch of metal with some abilities, nothing else...

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
Imo metagross should have exactly same resistances as Nintendo developed it, also, it's not some decent poke (as it should be together with tyranitar and dragonite [semi legendaries]), so I can't see any reason to change his weakness/efectivness lol. And as mentioned many times, metagross definitelly needs a buff, it's a bunch of metal with some abilities, nothing else...

i just hope rebalancers can explain us here the reason why they want to keep metagross useless or if they like one of our ideas , i think everyone Here just like them have the right to be listened and the right to have an answer, being Rebalancer doesnt mean they should have all in secret, all pokes and rebalance is a public topic and since they are in charge i invite them to be more social and respecful with any kind of idea, i think they can thanks or modify the comment or reply any idea that shines, just like our last rebalancers have done, guys that really would motivate everyone here that is commenting, you can organiza better to improve the part of player service/social and the comunication we both have player - staff, i saw only tiago is doing that but not so frecuently, if you can do it always, that would be awesome, thanks.

And this is not a cry, complaint, as the professional im in real life, i would like to see some better comunication here, thats the solution for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back