What's new

Welcome!

[Support] Question about catch rate.

Revon Arth

Banned user
Reaction score
Bros, this discussion has no point. Staff will come here and says it works; end of history. Then, close thread.
It's how it has always been.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
learn about statistics and check the odds of an event with 0,5% chance not happen in 10000 tries, its extremally low (aka 0,000000000000000000017014%)
, way lower than winning million in the lottery. You can say that it may happen to one unlucky person, but saying lucky explain why this happen more than once in such a small community as the PA one is just plain naiveness or even dumbness.
So thats why I know that the system isnt working as it was firstly created.

@Grayfoox
You're wrong, read this:
Hi guys, we have decided to do a small change to boost a bit the catch system, from now on you will gain a small extra chance to catch a pokemon based on how many balls you have used on that pokemon, so it will be:
pokemon base chance * ball multiplier + extra chance (based on balls of that type used on this pokemon)

If you think im lying you can check here : http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?26513-Catch-system-changes

I just corrected that 0.5% isn't 0.5 ^^

rakster

Reaction score
learn about statistics and check the odds of an event with 0,5% chance not happen in 10000 tries, its extremally low (aka 0,000000000000000000017014%)
, way lower than winning million in the lottery. You can say that it may happen to one unlucky person, but saying lucky explain why this happen more than once in such a small community as the PA one is just plain naiveness or even dumbness.
So thats why I know that the system isnt working as it was firstly created.

@Grayfoox
You're wrong, read this:
Hi guys, we have decided to do a small change to boost a bit the catch system, from now on you will gain a small extra chance to catch a pokemon based on how many balls you have used on that pokemon, so it will be:
pokemon base chance * ball multiplier + extra chance (based on balls of that type used on this pokemon)

If you think im lying you can check here : http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?26513-Catch-system-changes

Thats such a dumb argument, lol.
Think about catch rate as a Bernoulli event and you might understand it.

Losk

Reaction score
Thats such a dumb argument, lol.
Think about catch rate as a Bernoulli event and you might understand it.

I might understand it? HAHA.
I dont think i can make myself any clearer, yes for each ball its an bernoulli event, but im not talking the chance to get it in a single ball. Im talking about the chance to not get it WITHIN a certain amount of balls. Lets do it this way kid, ask your math teacher at school to teach you this.
Btw if you think my argument is dumb, pls explain to me in all your geniousity how this might happens. Keeps in mind this, the Brazilian lottery has =~ 0,000002% chance to be won and even with millions ppl trying each round, its quite common to not get winners. The chance i said is lower than the square of the lottery one, so it would be EASIER for a person to in the lottery 2 time IN A ROW then for this 10000 tries to happen. I can tell you no one ever won the lottery 2 times in a row in Brazil with MILLIONS betting, but you think its plausible for this 10k balls after the max chance to happen more than once in a community that have a COUPLE THOUSANDS players?
I wont waste my time anwsering you again, because some asslickers/dumb ppl will never accept the truth and will say things like "blabla all about luck", as some others already did before. bb m8

Back