What's new

Welcome!

Quagsire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesittos

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Recently we had rebalance work for some pokes that I really liked....

But I'd like to suggest some attention to this guy.

QUAGSIRE - SHINY

8tHR8y9.png

QUAGSIRE - NORMAL

ManIH4r.png

About TM Learnset:

Can you guys ADD Water tornado and Brine (Both Versions) and Magnitude (Shiny Version)?

tumblr_onulbl0pap1umhpd4o1_500.gif

Is it fair enough?

Cesittos

Reaction score
why he needs a rebalance?

Seems out of date. Some TMs I suggested I guess would fit well to it.

When u compair the newest movesets in game from some clones and shinies... They got really nice. Such a good moveset to hunt, pvp or whatever.

If u compair Sh Quag to a good Shiny... Sh Kingdra as example. They have almost same HP, but Kingdra can control way better than Quagsire a fight. Sleep talk as moveset and can learn Reflect. Such a combo.

Also chimecho and gardevoir... Huge hp, can reflect, can heal, etc... Diferent type poke? Yes, but I am compairing shiny to shiny power.

Quagsire has Selfguard (not bad cause avoid stuff if well played), mud bomb (defensive move - fliers r imune), haze (slow down enemy/also fliers).

Can learn 1 of those tms: sleep talk, sheer cold, water pulse, ice beam, freezy dry, dizzy punch to be more defensive.

Is it good enough if I compair to the others I said before?

At first looks like Quagsire has a huge control, but could be better.

Maybe Substitute seems nonsense cause its HP is high, but could decrease or add shore up (like Palossand) or an underground like Hippowdon.

Maybe Dive? I dont know. A 100% defense moviment to avoid some attacks that slay him (grass pokes/pvp idea) would fit well to Quag.

What do u think?

PS - I dont remember last time quagsire was rebalanced. Long time ago I guess.

PS2- Also as 2 elements poke I guess it could have better water moveset. Muddy Water fits well for ground/water, slow down and hits in area.

Last edited:

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Still just beacuse other pokemon have prot move it doesn't mean that every pokemon or even shiny should walk around with prots, heals and such at best stuff like +1k hp or giving him update on aoe like changing magnitude to eq and then eq to tectonic or just making a change to cannon for liquidation i guess for sure i dont like removing his paral counter just to give him muddy water or maybe even removing safeguard to after you

Raczex999

Reaction score
Still just beacuse other pokemon have prot move it doesn't mean that every pokemon or even shiny should walk around with prots, heals and such at best stuff like +1k hp or giving him update on aoe like changing magnitude to eq and then eq to tectonic or just making a change to cannon for liquidation i guess for sure i dont like removing his paral counter just to give him muddy water or maybe even removing safeguard to after you

would u agree at least for move like "counter"? or life dew?

Cesittos

Reaction score

I understand what you say, but Quag isnt that good or abusive poke right now....

I compaired to Kingdra, Chimeco, Gardevoir... All have damage, protection, healing (but kingdra) and none will say a word against it on Forum cause they are good enough. And we all know that.

I aint here asking for other pokemons nerf or stuff like that. All I ask is Quagsire's improvement. I dont know how, but I believe it needs a rebalance. Just tried a suggestion.​

8tHR8y9.png

ManIH4r.png

About TM Learnset:

Can you guys ADD Water tornado and Brine (Both Versions) and Magnitude (Shiny Version)?

would u agree at least for move like "counter"? or life dew?

Normal Quag - Safeguard, Sand tomb, Muddy Water.

Shiny Quag - Iron tail, Counter, Sand tomb, Muddy Water.

Does it sound a fair/good rebalance idea?​

Raczex999

Reaction score
perfection <3

if isnt it problem replace eq with tectonic?

Last edited:

Raczex999

Reaction score
so you want a poke with protection, 1 stun, 3 atks with 6k base damage and 2 paralyzing moves? sure

yup didnt saw this earlier. replace 1 paralysis move with counter spell, or in my opinion counter would be much better than safeguard. Its not protection/substitute/ref move so the rule of "Still just beacuse other pokemon have prot move it doesn't mean that every pokemon or even shiny should walk around with prots" is guaranted, and it would help a bit pvp mode of this pokemon. I belive even this type of rebalance wouldnt change the price of this pokemon.

Last edited:

Cesittos

Reaction score
so you want a poke with protection, 1 stun, 3 atks with 6k base damage and 2 paralyzing moves? sure

Doesn't get even close to it, does it?

DfT3t0m.jpg

WQ1JS3n.jpg

We are discussing possibilities... Fair ones.

Quagsire with tms doesnt even get close to Meta.

I can imagine a shiny with selfdestruction + rain dance OR psyblast as second tm possibly.

Such a basic moveset. It can Protect with reflect, heal/paralyse, use gravity, stun (rock/doom) and hit a lot...

Balanced? Sure.​

Last edited:

Metin

Reaction score
This thread doesn't make sense

Cesittos

Reaction score
This thread doesn't make sense

Hey Metin! We would apreciate suggestions for Quag. That's the initial idea here...

But someone decided to be sarcastic and I had to answer back...

Anyway I Hope staff is alredy thinking/checking some possibilities after this polemic thread.

Dont wanna forum drama, just asking a "rework" for Quag cause it deserves! Peace! :)

in

Reaction score
Good type but out of meta sad my idea is add safeguard to pasive and rock slide for it.

Last edited:

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
No chance for counter anyway he's weak to one type giving him counter and allowing ice tms will be too much it would be like saying that its alright for him to defeat his only counter in any matchup. Anyway we will check him out but it doesn't mean it will happen straight away

demzpacito

Reaction score
Doesn't get even close to it, does it?

DfT3t0m.jpg

WQ1JS3n.jpg

We are discussing possibilities... Fair ones.

Quagsire with tms doesnt even get close to Meta.

I can imagine a shiny with selfdestruction + rain dance OR psyblast as second tm possibly.

Such a basic moveset. It can Protect with reflect, heal/paralyse, use gravity, stun (rock/doom) and hit a lot...

Balanced? Sure.​

Rock tomb is not a stun, and doom gives enemy possibility to avoid because it takes some time to "charge", unlike probably all other stuns who are instant. Ref as a tm is a matter of choice, tho its obvious, it takes one spot from TMs, and however awful it is that shiny quag cant learn protections via TMs, it also leaves it 2 spots to come up with TMs strategies. Not to mention what Sting already said about being weak against only one type (to which it already has a counter), while Metagross has 4 weakness. Also Shiny quag has 7 options for stuns

Now am I allowed to be sarcastic again?

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Well comparing ground/water pokemon's gastrodon is the only one with a good combination in his moves/tms it has a free rain dance/earquake in his moves and learn relatively cheap and very useful tms.
in my opinion, moveset should be used better. it's not necessary that all pokemon have rain dance/epicenter but they could have better combos and complement with tms.
Quagsire
Swampert
Wishcash
are very forgotten pokemon that could have potential by changing 2-3 moves

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Rock tomb is not a stun, and doom gives enemy possibility to avoid because it takes some time to "charge",

Now am I allowed to be sarcastic again?

Actually I find it hard to dodge doom desire it was previously dodgeable with blink or dark portal, now it's not possible
add +Rock tomb (slow), reflect+false+rain/natural etc. quagsire it's not even a little close to metagross

Cesittos

Reaction score
Actually I find it hard to dodge doom desire it was previously dodgeable with blink or dark portal, now it's not possible
add +Rock tomb (slow), reflect+false+rain/natural etc. quagsire it's not even a little close to metagross

I guess someone have brain here...

Cesittos

Reaction score
Well comparing ground/water pokemon's gastrodon is the only one with a good combination in his moves/tms it has a free rain dance/earquake in his moves and learn relatively cheap and very useful tms.
in my opinion, moveset should be used better. it's not necessary that all pokemon have rain dance/epicenter but they could have better combos and complement with tms.
Quagsire
Swampert
Wishcash
are very forgotten pokemon that could have potential by changing 2-3 moves

Same feeling I have bout em! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back