What's new

Welcome!

Primape

cwkleinm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know that i am not the only one who thinks that primape should be way more powerfull then it is right now.
Primape is a pokemon wich i have NEVER seen at level 100. Why is that? Because he is BAD!

I have seen the rebalance idea's of the kanto rebalance, but i still think it has to be way better then that.

Primape used to be angry when he get hit once, but his rage attack cooldown is 120 seconds! that is even more then heal area of chansey!
My suggestion is that it should be way back 'till like 30-40 seconds.

My other suggestion is an idea to also put on a passive attack on primape, just like hitmonlee and hitmonchan got. (like the idea that if he got mad he hits his opponent without a spell)

The rest of the power upgrade will be in the kanto rebalance I hope, but with the passive attack and the ability to rage more often, it will be used way more then it is now.

I hope more of you people will understand and support these idea's,

Last edited:

Khan

Reaction score
Rage = 120 sec. -.-, all attacks should get lower cd and bigger damage. And more health.
Add Fury swipes.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fury_Swipes_(move)

Here is current moves:
Moves:
Scratch - m1 - level 40 - 8s
Triple Kick - m2 - level 40 - 18s
Karate Chop - m3 - level 40 - 8s
Cross Chop - m4 - level 40 - 23s
Mega Punch - m5 - level 50 - 35s
Mega Kick - m6 - level 50 - 35s
Rage - m7 - level 40 - 120s
Fear - m8 - level 52 - 40s

I recommend changing it to something like this:

Moves:
Cross Chop - m4 - level 40 - 15s
Mega Punch - m5 - level 50 - 20s
Mega Kick - m6 - level 50 - 25s
Fury Swipes - m7 - Level 70 - 40s
Rage - m8 - level 40 - 35s
Fear - m9 - level 52 - 40s

Also raise it's speed to match fear, otherwise it must be removed, since it's to slow to even hit the pokemon when it uses fear.

Crus

Banned user
Reaction score
Moves:
Cross Chop - m4 - level 40 - 15s
Mega Punch - m5 - level 50 - 20s
Mega Kick - m6 - level 50 - 25s
Fury Swipes - m7 - Level 70 - 40s
Rage - m8 - level 40 - 35s
Fear - m9 - level 52 - 40s

Very Good Man, Primape need change.

cwkleinm

Reaction score
That is a good way to balance primape indeed. The cooldowns of mega punch/kick/rage/fear are necesarry to be able to kill the next pokemon.
I bought a primape to test him which is level 51 now, but only when he gets lucky to not get hit much he can mabye kill 1 dewgong. Normaly i have to switch to magmar when the dewgong is at yellow health.
But also if he gets lucky, after killing that one not even half of his attacks are ready if another poke attacks him.
And like you sayd, his health is horrible. Lee, chan and champ are way, way better.

I hope any administrator will see and think about this.

Alba

Honorary Members
Reaction score
Yes, thats the current changes that will be done on primeape

Primeape:
Hp gain per level increased from 95 to 110
Mega punch damage gain per level increased from 9 to 15
Mega kick damage gain per level increased from 9 to 15
Cross chop damage gain per level increased from 8 to 10
Rage cooldown reduced to 40 seconds

Khan

Reaction score

Primeape:

What about it's speed? ;C When you use fear with it, it can't do any attacks on the pokemon. In the anime primeape is very fast moving :D

Alba

Honorary Members
Reaction score
What about it's speed? ;C When you use fear with it, it can't do any attacks on the pokemon. In the anime primeape is very fast moving :D

Oh such a good idea khan, i will increase it's moving speed :p

Khan

Reaction score

hm or it can be like, cross chop would work like thunder wave( will make target slower) so after you use fear u can use that and still hit the pokemon ;) Or both. ^^

cwkleinm

Reaction score

Great! And what about the cooldowns of mega kick and mega punch? They are pretty high in my opinion. Machamp has 21 sec for mega punch and mega kick while primape has 35 for both. :p

cwkleinm

Reaction score

Primeape:

Mabye its even an idea to add another good spell since tripple kick is his only one now. A spell like tripple punch, for example on level 60. (just like destroyer hand as machamp got)

Pyrokar

Reaction score
Alba answered my message <3 xD

Well, I think it's moving speed should be increased, I see Alba increased the damage, but what about cd? Are they ok? I think they are too high. Why? Probably NOBODY has a primeape at 60 lv + because Primeape cannot be compared with any other fighting pokemon because he is too weak. If he doesn't have such a great dmg like Machamp or Hitmonlee just make his cd really fast!

Khan

Reaction score

Well, I think it's moving speed should be increased, I see Alba increased the damage, but what about cd? Are they ok? I think they are too high. Why? Probably NOBODY has a primeape at 60 lv + because Primeape cannot be compared with any other fighting pokemon because he is too weak. If he doesn't have such a great dmg like Machamp or Hitmonlee just make his cd really fast!

She has already said she will increase it's speed. Look my post 1st page.
I prefer to boost the current attacks, instead of making fast cd. Since it has so little health, it wouldn't be a point to make it have fast cd, since it will die in 3 sec from rock pokemon.

cwkleinm

Reaction score

Just like khan says, i think primape must get a second ''real good'' attack. Then he can own a graveler/golem/dewgong etc. just as fast as a hitmonlee or machamp can.
That will balance it.

'nuff said

Pyrokar

Reaction score
Khan, I can read :) The most important is we both agree in the same thing - this pokemon should be improved. I am not going to talk much to get you bored about my life, but sometimes speed is much more useful than strengh during fights. Primeape's health got to be increased just like his movement speed and damage. Little correct of his cd would also help him a lot. But I know I (maybe me) shouldn't ask for too much.

Back