What's new

Welcome!

Mega evolution system.

Is current mega system good?

• Total voters

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Hi.

I want to discuss and suggest changes to current mega evolutions system.

I think that you want to make it as close to game system, with some changes to match game style.
I bought one, and i feel like this is very unnecessary.
First, they are hard to get(obviously harder than cloneds, shinies or other types), and even when someone get one, and decide to keep it and use, it count like it never dropped, cuz you can't sell it and someone can't buy it from you, so there isn't much of them on market, which gives extra difficulty for other players to get them, when they don't want to run and kill megas.
Second, time of transformation. As i said i notice you tried to make it based on game as much as possible. But i don't think it fits PA very well, even when you want to prevent people from using them in PVP( i think it's main reason they are temporary), but look at this. I think that most people spend 6 hours per day in game, if someone would have 6 megas and use them at once, he can use them whole time in pvp, that time restriction isn;t anything bad for him, even if he would spend more time in game, he can fight till megas will disappear or stay and try to win something with base versions. Still you can use shinies all the time which are strong too. And permanent transformation won't change anything, but it matter in exp, cuz you aren't have advantage over anyone, only in ks where you or someone can use other shiny, cloned pokemon to fight with you for spawn.
I think that cloneds and shinies are as strong as cloned, maybe megas are different in way to obtain them, which make them very rare and as i said hard to get because of the bind to character, so you waste money on something that will be with you forever, so you lost your money forever, and there's no way to get them back in future.

In conclusion, i think that megas transformation should be permanent or there should be way to put or remove stone to change whenever someone want to have basic or mega version(to make it possible to sell pokemons and keep stone). I'm not asking for removal of the bind from mega stone, so it'll still have something special compared to other types of pokemons.

Please don't close this thread, let community speak about it and see other opinions. I added poll to make it look clean.

Regards

Grayfoox

Reaction score
Agreed, we should be able to use them anytime with only a restriction that we can use only 1 stone at the same time (6 mega pokes should be a restriction).

Cesittos

Reaction score
Not in mood to type my point of view about megas once again cause i'd probably read "rejected" one more time, but here we go...!

1st- I don't think Megas have to keep its final form all the time, but i already claimed on forum about mega evo cooldown timer. It's ridiculous cause a 6 shiny team or 6 Op cloned team is good enough, similar or better than some Megas in game. MEGAS are not balanced. Some are better than others in moves, hp, healing moves, damage moves, etc...

2nd- I don't think we should be able to sell already used mega stones. I really like the idea how it is applied now. A permanent bond player/pokemon. That's Mega's basic rule for transformation.

So.... I'd say a 12h evolved/12h rest cooldown would be decent enough.

Last edited:

waldi

Reaction score
In my opinion, mega pokemon is something different than other forms, this is the bond that makes it special, for me player should have only one mega pokemon, no more, the evo could be permanent this way, and how the game works, thats my point of view in this case

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
In my opinion, mega pokemon is something different than other forms, this is the bond that makes it special, for me player should have only one mega pokemon, no more, the evo could be permanent this way, and how the game works, thats my point of view in this case

But what about new megas and someone want to swap it? We have few of them, new in lottery that aren't possible to get in game, and probably more comming soon.

As i said PA is different from anime or Pokemon games, we should adjust megas to this gamestyle

Cesittos

Reaction score

Scared u got 3 likes. So once u get your 1st and unique Mega Stone used your charc would be absolutely BLOCKED to try somethin new later.
Do u really consider that good? Seriously?

Imagine u hate/dislike your Mega. U would not be able to use a new Mega anyway cause this bond you said. Sounds horrible idea.

Last edited:

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
As i said stones should be bonded to characters after you use them, but i think limit them to any amount sucks, and i dont think we will see soon someone with 6 megas.
And AFAIK Gurdieen got Mega Charizard X, not stone(not sure about it), so that way he can have more megas than anyone else.(Or restriction work on this one too)

And next thing is, that this 12h cooldown count from when mega change back to normal form, it should count 18h from time it changed from normal to mega, or you are going to change this periods

Last edited:

Cesittos

Reaction score
As i said stones should be bonded to characters after you use them, but i think limit them to any amount sucks, and i dont think we will see soon someone with 6 megas.
And AFAIK Gurdieen got Mega Charizard X, not stone(not sure about it), so that way he can have more megas than anyone else.(Or restriction work on this one too)

As long as I know he got a "random mega stone" from a past lottery and he was able to select which one he wanted. He chose Zard X stone.

Megas are always stone system, none is all time evolved.

AM I WRONG, staff?

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing i would suggest is to make every stone have its own cd so that there is ANY reason to have more than one mega stone with us (ofc with limit that you cant use 2 stones at the same time)

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
I think that most people spend 6 hours per day in game, if someone would have 6 megas and use them at once, he can use them whole time in pvp, that time restriction isn;t anything bad for him, even if he would spend more time in game, he can fight till megas will disappear or stay and try to win something with base versions.

As far as I know, you can only have one active mega per time.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
My suggestions:
- If a person has already looted x Mega Stone, he wouldn't be able to loot it again on the same character (simillar to Rampardos' Fossil) (or maybe in the same account/server?). This way, people who already got one, would open space for more ppl to loot it. There are already guys sitting on the correct time spawns to sell extra stones (which in my opinion, isn't the goal of this system).

- Give the option to transform back Mega poke to original poke. Having to wait the entire transformation, then the entire stone cooldown, is a pain. Giving the option of cancelling the mega transformation, to make the cooldown start faster, would make the system more dynamic and not unballanced at all. For example: i make a mega x to hunt on a spawn. Had to leave the game for a reason, and when I come back, the respawn is taken and my mega transformation become useless for that reason. I could cancel it, wait the cooldown, and activate another mega, or activate the mega evo again earlier. That goes with the lore of mega evolutions in the anime. Using the energy of mega evolution during a certain event, then changing it back when the event is gone, so pokemon can rest. This also goes against the opinion of pokemons being permanently mega.

Last edited:

ToxicBoii

Reaction score
Its 3 years and from that time i think there wasn't any mega stones beside this from tournaments or lotteries, till we got mega drop system changed with new megas. So some changes are required.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
People had stones from drop since a while. You can check for example Lany's LT, who looted 2 mega stones before even the spawning time update. If im not wrong, in fact, there are less stones from general events than dropped ones.

waldi

Reaction score
I think putting every mega in the game at once, and then making that only one mega is bonded to the char, it would be nice to only one beloved mega poke, its just my opinion, not everyone have to agree with me :)

Cesittos

Reaction score
My suggestions:
- If a person has already looted x Mega Stone, he wouldn't be able to loot it again on the same character (simillar to Rampardos' Fossil) (or maybe in the same account/server?). This way, people who already got one, would open space for more ppl to loot it. There are already guys sitting on the correct time spawns to sell extra stones (which in my opinion, isn't the goal of this system).

You will change your mind when you loot one or get one by lottery.
And i believe this idea is not possible cause we already have players with more than 1 stone.

Took me around 100 megas killed to get my stone. And I guess I was lucky. It's a huge time, focus and stress sometimes searchin those guys.
Around 4 months 100% focused on it. I was going mad I'd say. Competing with some classic looters... and yes, I got my own stone.

Once u block players from looting it... U will probalby make things harder cause stones will be way worst to be found. We can dislike the fact we have competition but these guys bring itens in game. And sometimes you can buy instead of suffer hunting. Luck in PAD is somethin real. Similar as Elder, Red, Crystal catch. U can suffer a lot hunting nonstop and never ever ever get stone on loot. Right?

Also most players are not focused on Megas. Boring/Repetitive thing to do PLUS small chance of success.

Last edited:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
You will change your mind when you loot one or get one by lottery.
And i believe this idea is not possible cause we already have players with more than 1 stone.

Took me around 100 megas killed to get my stone. And I guess I was lucky. It's a huge time, focus and stress sometimes searchin those guys.
Around 4 months 100% focused on it. I was going mad I'd say. Competing with some classic looters... and yes, I got my own stone.

15:04 You see a Garchompite. Position: {x = 3316, y = 1639, z = 12}.

Hum. Looted after roughly 90 megas, on a 8 year account. I don't know about you, but I feel really pissed when I see 140~ guys looting 2 blazikenites on the same week and selling both only to make money. So no, I won't change my idea nor my suggestion. If you read again, you will notice that I'm talking about people being blocked to loot THE SAME mega stone. I doubt someone was dumb enough to activate 2 equal stones on the same character, so I also doubt it would affect the game mechanics anyhow.

Luck in PAD is somethin real.
Being for 2 years among the top catchers of the entire game showed me that. So don't worry, I know what I'm talking about when I try to suggest this kind of stuff. I strongly disagree with the luck factor of this game, but I know that it won't ever change, and that the best option is to quit if I'm not willing to deal with it.
My suggestion aim to create opportunity for other people to conquer stuff in game also. I think that the goal of the game is everyone having fun, not few people farming.

Cesittos

Reaction score
15:04 You see a Garchompite. Position: {x = 3316, y = 1639, z = 12}.

Hum. Looted after roughly 90 megas, on a 8 year account. I don't know about you, but I feel really pissed when I see 140~ guys looting 2 blazikenites on the same week and selling both only to make money. So no, I won't change my idea nor my suggestion. If you read again, you will notice that I'm talking about people being blocked to loot THE SAME mega stone. I doubt someone was dumb enough to activate 2 equal stones on the same character, so I also doubt it would affect the game mechanics anyhow.

Platinum on double? Platinum already has higher loot rate than diamond, right?
I believe it's a rare situation but i understand ya point. 2x same stone is pretty insane. I dont like the idea to block stone from Mega u loot. I believe stones should come 100% random in any mega so.... We could loot diferent ones. I guess thats not how things work atm. I used to think it was this way. xD

Last edited:

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Platinum on double? Platinum already has higher loot rate than diamond, right?
I believe it's a rare situation but i understand ya point. 2x same stone is pretty insane. I dont like the idea to block stone from Mega u loot. I believe stones should come 100% random in any mega so.... We could loot diferent ones. I guess thats not how things work atm. I used to think it was this way. xD

Yeah, and before platinum, I was controlling the timings of megas at Pearl and working on catches also, with the same rates of Diamond. (Maybe reading is not one of your good skills, cause as far as we all know, Platinum is not around for 8 years) Are we talking about the system or servers? Everytime someone from diamond appears here and talk about rates, people gets triggered, the discussion goes to the mud, and the real discussion about the SYSTEM itself is lost.

If the point, as you said, is "we could loot diferent ones", yeah, thats exactly what i suggested. Blocking people for looting the SAME.

Last edited:
Back