What's new

Welcome!

Gengar

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Dear PAd Community and Members of Staff,

Here we go with try number 4 (Already saw the other 3 threads were rejected and closed).

First Gengar thread was by Demz over 2 years ago and surprisingly Gengar hasn't been rebalanced since then (only a passive move got actually removed); and no idea how long Gengar has had that moveset before Demz thread.

I do agree with the other players that Gengar needs to be rebalance. Gengar doesn't have a terrible moveset, but compared to most other Ghost-type pokemon, its moveset is a little bit unbalanced.

Gengar is the only Ghost-type pokemon with a Cloned version and it can mega evolve. This is why it is a very popular pokemon. In my opinion, the problem with Gengar is that it only has 1 good AoE (Shadow Storm); Grudge deals damage 2 to 3 times (depending on opponent's position) and that's it.

I was thinking about a small change:
1.- Switching Grudge for move Shadow Force (this would improve both PvE and PvP side)

I believe this change would improve Gengar. This way, if you decide going pure ghost, then adding Curse Pledge/Shadow Blast like most people do would give Gengar 3 good AoE.

Before someone says that Gengar could be too op, I don't agree. There are other pokemon (Dusknoir, Cofagrigus) which with full TM (can learn Reflect + another Ghost or Dark TM) they would have 4 AoE moves.

What do you guys think?

Stay safe,
Nando~

Xplewex

Reaction score
I agree that in comparison to Dusknoir, Gengar's moveset is rather poor. I've found also that cooldown on some target spells (e.g. lick) make him defenceless after some seconds in solo battles. I suggest to:
- replace nightmare with some AoE or increase it's damage
- add shadow ball to his passive

Regards

Ashtib

Reaction score
Im agree with the change of grudge for another AOE... can be curse too maybe. And improve a little his hp, maybe 1k more in every form. Normal, Cloned and Mega.

Zecao

Reaction score
Im agree with the change of grudge for another AOE... can be curse too maybe. And improve a little his hp, maybe 1k more in every form. Normal, Cloned and Mega.

Adding some important info: Gengar speed its just a joke, in all pokemon games have a incredible speed, 350>>400/450. Gengar have a lot of weakness, dark/earth/psychic/ghost/steel (because cant deal dmg with poison atks).

Ashtib

Reaction score
Adding some important info: Gengar speed its just a joke, in all pokemon games have a incredible speed, 350>>400/450. Gengar have a lot of weakness, dark/earth/psychic/ghost/steel (because cant deal dmg with poison atks).

Agree, will be changed in normal and cloned form... and in mega it will be a little more faster than normal form, according to bulbapedia: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gengar_(Pokémon)#Base_stats

We expect this changes on gengar maybe:

Increase 1k hp in all forms if its possible.
Increase Speed to 400-450 in normal and cloned form and maybe 430-480 in mega form.
Possiblity to add shadow ball to passive.
Change Grudge in normal/cloned & Mega Form for other AOE ghost move, according to bulbapedia will be curse or destiny bond ( i preffer curse option, because destiny bond will be too much )

Thanks!!

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
I agree with changing grudge and adding another move,could be Shadow force as u mentioned or Memento (this move can help for pokes normal too).
About the hp, I agreed increasing 1k hp in all forms as Ashtib said, but no more than that, remember that they have invisibility.
About the speed, Increasing speed to 400 in all forms would be enough, not more than that because it has dark portal.

Ashtib

Reaction score
I agree with changing grudge and adding another move,could be Shadow force as u mentioned or Memento (this move can help for pokes normal too).
About the hp, I agreed increasing 1k hp in all forms as Ashtib said, but no more than that, remember that they have invisibility.
About the speed, Increasing speed to 400 in all forms would be enough, not more than that because it has dark portal.

agree with all:

1k hp every form
memento instead of grudge.
400 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back