What's new

Welcome!

Dead Penalty and some fixes

Tiago Monteiro

Reaction score
Oh my God, guys, you are so good on do things that players approve.
Understand, dear players, PA's staff don't want that PA become a copy of PxG, so they take only the bad things of PxG, put in the game and the good things stay only on PxG.

Seriously now.

What the hell is going on??

If you add that, PA will lose its identity. Before, when people asked me what game is PA, i was used to answer:
"Well, it's the poketibia that we don't lose exp when die."
Now i'll need to aswer:
"Well it's the dark side of PxG."

Come on, guys, remove this and let PA be the game that doesn't lose EXP when we die.

(Yeah, i know that none asked me, or will ask me, what's PA and i wouldn't answer with these stupid answers :p)
Your comment lost the whole credibility with this last phrase dear dariu >.<

harryleo

Reaction score
Well from what i saw don't need all that anger about losing xp, because it's just too little that will lose... But when we talk about identity yeah, I mean the differences between pa and other poketibias is or were like ash faelzinnn said, the Xp of pokemons and the lack of lose xp when die... and some months ago talking with some friends, they said to me "nah I only dont play Pxg because my internet isn't great so I can't count on it and PA got that settlement besides PA "playabillity" is better, I mean you have to exp pokes as well not only yourself and that's great"
For me PA is somehow similar the Anime, the only goal for the trainer of fighting, exping or dueling, is to beat whoso and no metter how, the main point, is to train the pokes, so they can evolve and improve, learn other atacks spells and each time stronger then before... But with this changes we are losing one of the most important stuff that keeps many players still playing. Anyway I don't really know if I agree or not with this but I only wrote some conversation that i have and some truths

Obreviate

Reaction score
It's just discouraging, probably people will not say nice things bro.

I'm agree with dave's post and more.
There are a lot of things that could be considered and added in game, and we can to list it, for example:

- Finish Orange Archipelago ( it's include add some type of tranport [ship, airplane for FACC ..] to Old Village, Mandarin City, Trovitopolis, etc ..) those islands are wonderful for beginners, since we always have the same options to level up (Fishing, ponita spawn, viridian forest, training ground, some places in Johto) Of course you can get some advantages if you have a main character to enjoy premium account, but we are talking about really beginner players.

- What about, Promotion Quest Advances? That would be really amazing, but no news about it:
http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?26586-Promotion-Quest-Advances.&highlight=bonus+quest

- Fighting Quest:
http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?33122-Fighting-Quest-Almost-Finished

- New Quests: Maybe, mewtwo quest we have this pkm, but just used in raid (rarely), we also have ludacha, the last time that i read his comment, he was saying about hard work at a lot of new quests.

- Maybe, 3rd Generation (hoenn).

Please, disregard my ignorance from each of these topics that I said if something is already being done, about it.
There are a lot of things that could still be made and that without a doubt, will bring a lot of players; keep an organization. Work with dates (just what is possible) mainly in events, this will facilitate a better players' organization and this will avoid a fuc''k p.a economy and all "suspense"/mistery about the things, higher prices about some pkms who have no sense be so expensive, which in another communitys are so simple.

@edit
What about smeargle?

Last edited:

kirius

Reaction score
Oh my God, guys, you are so good on do things that players approve.
Understand, dear players, PA's staff don't want that PA become a copy of PxG, so they take only the bad things of PxG, put in the game and the good things stay only on PxG.

Seriously now.

What the hell is going on??

If you add that, PA will lose its identity. Before, when people asked me what game is PA, i was used to answer:
"Well, it's the poketibia that we don't lose exp when die."
Now i'll need to aswer:
"Well it's the dark side of PxG."

Come on, guys, remove this and let PA be the game that doesn't lose EXP when we die.

(Yeah, i know that none asked me, or will ask me, what's PA and i wouldn't answer with these stupid answers :p)

for your information when the game start, the characters were losing experience to die, and had more than 600 players on each server.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
EDIT JANO

Dead penalty has been changed to 2% of the EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR NEXT LEVEL, for all levels.

It means you will always lose 2%

The numbers might be changed but from now will work based on EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR NEXT LEVEL instead of all experience.

Berolath

Reaction score
EDIT JANO

Dead penalty has been changed to 2% of the EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR NEXT LEVEL, for all levels.

It means you will always lose 2%

The numbers might be changed but from now will work based on EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR NEXT LEVEL instead of all experience.

I think this is better now than 2-3-4-5% of total exp, only because of top lvl's like selasor, etc
because 3% of total exp is to much and now we need maybe 10 hours to lvl up, 2% of each lvl, is good in my opinion.

Khan

Reaction score
Here's why death penalty doesn't work optimal in PA.

1. Pokemon respawn even if you're there. Thus if the respawn rate is fast enough you'll eventually die.
2. It takes like 24h+ to lvl up at high lvl... (pre-exp boost).
3. PA had this once upon a time however at that time we had "block respawn". So potentially died way less. There are good sides to this and bad sides.
4. To make this a bit better at least for high lvls (the one's who will suffer most from this change). Make quests like pannih, papoi, heck even 130+ (especially 130+ elder zard spawn), 150+ respawns not have death loss. If you had an idea how hard it is to lvl (solo) on those spawns without dying every 5 min you'd understand why I ask this.
5. Prevent excessive dying (like block account for X min, and require a code to get back in) or otherwise hacked players won't just lose all their items and pokemon but will also be "rooked".
6. Too many bugs on wild pokemon like attacking you even if your pokemon is out, or like dragon rage/dragon rush from elder charizard which has limitless range and attacks you before you even see it and then dead. The timer when switching pokemon before getting aggroed on your character needs to be adjusted. and those bugs do require the ghostoob to fix last time I heard so g'luck with that.

These are the reasons why I think atm until that's fixed it ain't wise to add this shit to PA "don't rock the boat". It's already sinking.

Sheeper

Reaction score

"Next week" asahsuahsauhsa

next changes confirmed by #Illuminati - Not confirmed at all.
1. Removing pokemons level
2. Adding boost system and promotions
3. adding whole hoenn series in some event
4. closing PA since everyone will go play PxG

Serious mode:
I agree with making game harder, but that's not the way, you just demotivated a lot of ppl and this won't attract new at all.
Khan already mentioned reasons why it's not wise to add it... I have already seen in this thread like 5 ppl going retired... and there will be more.

groszek

Reaction score
fack fack fack
funny logic PA
each subsequent change is going in a bad direction, no pluses. only the minus. fewer and fewer people playing this game. Formerly a full server now? 100? well, so on

Barystas

Reaction score
If you want make changes first of all start from basics, as Khan said. Time that player need to change pokemon is a bit too long now. Same with wild pokemons attacking character while our pokemons are out from pokeballs but in few sqm longer distance. And the main thing- if you want to add somethng maybe before making it real ask community what they think about it. If we are out, you are out aswell. I'm playing here cuz I like how it was working and now what? You are changing all the adventages from this serv into disadventages and like Sheepr said... people will leave... And what will you do then? Change the name for PXG vol.2?

P.S. Changes into 2% from level and it's just FOR NOW. So we don't have any assurance that it will not be changed into 10% of level, 5% of total exp or like in tibia (if I remember correctly) 10% of total exp. You can't assure us now. You just said it's FOR NOW. Ofc you can make it less than it's now but if you added it into game already I don't think so you will make it lower, just raising it to make game "harder".

Razioo

Reaction score
Im honestly fine with this.
You all have just been too spoiled with the "no exp loss on death", there has to be some downside on dying. Now people just use it to tp back to town.

Sheeper

Reaction score
Im honestly fine with this.
You all have just been too spoiled with the "no exp loss on death", there has to be some downside on dying. Now people just use it to tp back to town.

There are other ways to prevent doing that or atleast do a kind of "punishment"... like ress sickness for some time lowering your stats for some amount basicly making you unable to exp for some time...
Losing exp is bad since many deaths aren't our fault at all...

Last edited:

Razioo

Reaction score
There are other ways to prevent doing that or atleast do a kind of "punishment"... like ress sickness for some time lowering your stats for some amount basicly making you unable to exp for some time...
Losing exp is bad since many deaths aren't our fault at all...

What u are saying is basicly the same thing. If you are not able to exp for x amount of time it would mean an exp loss. Because the way they do it now you can immediately go back to a spawn and get exp.

Sheeper

Reaction score
What u are saying is basicly the same thing. If you are not able to exp for x amount of time it would mean an exp loss. Because the way they do it now you can immediately go back to a spawn and get exp.
or Die again and lose even more, also, sometimes we have to leave immediality, in that case we might die and just go off/afk and do our things...

Razioo

Reaction score
or Die again and lose even more, also, sometimes we have to leave immediality, in that case we might die and just go off/afk and do our things...

Ye you can also just sit in town forever and so you never die. I'm not sure what ur trying to say here; theres always a risk to die. Even if they implement that 'ress sickness" ur talking about.

With the death penalty they dont interfer with the ABILITY to play the game, when u add in the ress sickness you make it impossible for people to play the game for several minutes. Which in my opinion is worse.

Sheeper

Reaction score
Ye you can also just sit in town forever and so you never die. I'm not sure what ur trying to say here; theres always a risk to die. Even if they implement that 'ress sickness" ur talking about.

With the death penalty they dont interfer with the ABILITY to play the game, when u add in the ress sickness you make it impossible for people to play the game for several minutes. Which in my opinion is worse.

What do I try to say is that right now you can die not because of your fault but of several bugs or even a lag and you will lose the exp anyways, with the penalty i've talked about the only thing you lose is time, you can do some trades, sell loot, go to spawn etc. in that time and after penalty fades you can go exp again.
Second thing, if someone have to leave immediality, right now they'll die and lose the 2% anyways, with my suggestion they might simply still die and log out, after you come back you actually lose nothing.
And still the stats punishment won't let ppl just die, go to pvp and instantly back to spawn and keep leveling, which means no free teleport, but also no exp losage, just a time.

The thing is you lose the exp right now no matter what, while with stats reduction you can do some other things during the time you need to wait.

Still, both penalties sucks and I disagree with any kind of death penalty in PA, I wouldn't like to see either one or another

Tsu

Reaction score
Lost EXP = BAD Idea, just remember the times you died in "Tibia" and stop play because lose 1 level or 1 skill, bad idea, bad idea...

Back