What's new

Welcome!

[CURRENT] Held Items - Disccussion/Suggestions

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
In this thread we only talk about current held items and their effects, here is the only place where you can suggest a change to current held items.
Don't forget to attach argument to your suggestion.

Informations about held items can be found here:
http://www.padventures.org/index.php/p/v/helditems

note: it has to be done in english, otherwise your post will be ignored and erased.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a couple of Questions and Suggestions as well.

Lets start with my Questions/Doubts

1.- Shiny Charm. It's just a small doubt I have: Do you have to defeat the wild Pokemon with the Pokemon holding this item? Or is it only necessary for the Pokemon holding the charm to deal some damage and then the effect is "somehow" automatically activated?

2.- Jewels/Gems. Is the increased move a random move? or is it possible to choose which move we would like to boost? (btw, good thing that you increased damage to 20%).

Next is a doubt AND a suggestion:

3.- Genius Wing. This is more of an arithmetic doubt. Description is as follows: When HP drops below 20%, its resistance raises by 50% but damage is being reduced by 30%. Can be used only by flying type Pokemon... this means that Flying types' weaknesses then become 1.5x instead of 2x? or 1x instead of 2x?.
I would like to know exactly, because if resistance is 1.5x, then I would like to suggest an increase to 25% or even maybe 30%, like usually damage-buffing abilities do (overgrow, torrent, blaze...)
Why? Let's analyse the following example:
A Cloned Pidgeot has 22k total hp, which means that 4.4k hp is 20%. If Pidgeot is hit by a Rock/Ice/Electric move with 3k based-damage (6k total 2x damage) while holding this item, it would still faint... because the move would deal 4.5k hp (even more, when the pokemon is a Shiny/Cloned Version).
I know that Pidgeot is meant to be defeated by a Rock/Ice/Electric type Pokemon. However, the purpose of held items is to help our Pokemon do better and have a better performance in duel and PvE. Just as I suggested, with that small boost of 5 to 10%, our Flying Pokemon (Emolga (22.7k hp), Skarmory (21.5k hp), Staraptor(21.5k) etc...) would still loose against their weaknesses, but that would give them at least time to use 1 move and deal something of damage.
IF resistance would be 1x, instead of 1.5x, then please ignore everything I wrote and leave it like that

4.- Terrain Extender. I like that it increases terrain moves' damage in 10%. However, I feel like we already have a lot of this effect already in game. There are some Pokemon with Technician ability, there is also this other held item, Power Lens, which boosts damage of TM in 15%.
I know Terrain Extender benefits pokemon which have a Terrain move already in their moveset, but I think this held item could do a bit better. This is why I would like to suggest making the area of terrain moves bigger, meaning to say adding 1 sqm (maybe 2 if it's not too much?) around it. I feel this would be really nice in both, duel and PvE. The 10% boost should stay like that, but the area of damage should definitely be increased.
Bulbapedia says: If the Pokémon holding this item creates terrain with its own move (Electric Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Grassy Terrain, and Misty Terrain) or Ability (Electric Surge, Psychic Surge, Grassy Surge, and Misty Surge), that terrain lasts eight turns instead of five turns.
I feel like saying "Terrain moves should hit 1 or 2 more times" could make the terrain moves a bit too op (damage-wise). But leaving the normal damage + a bigger area sounds more viable and sane.

5.- Rocky Helmet. This is my last suggestion: change effect from "always reflecting 5% damage" to "Reflecting 5% damage from moves of direct contact" or maybe you could increase to 7%?. Bulbapedia says: It is an in-battle effect item that damages the attacker if the holder is hit by a contact move.. I guess maybe you wanted to do something different from Bulbapedia, but I feel like ALWAYS reflecting 5% damage could lead to a huge disadvantage in duel. Plus, it kinda doesn't make sense that if my Pokemon uses Hydropump, it would get 5% of reflected damage from a helmet that it didn't even touch!

What do you guys think about my suggestions?

Thanks in advance for reading!

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello!

1.- Shiny Charm. It's just a small doubt I have: Do you have to defeat the wild Pokemon with the Pokemon holding this item? Or is it only necessary for the Pokemon holding the charm to deal some damage and then the effect is "somehow" automatically activated?

2.- Jewels/Gems. Is the increased move a random move? or is it possible to choose which move we would like to boost? (btw, good thing that you increased damage to 20%).

3.- Genius Wing. This is more of an arithmetic doubt. Description is as follows: When HP drops below 20%, its resistance raises by 50% but damage is being reduced by 30%. Can be used only by flying type Pokemon... this means that Flying types' weaknesses then become 1.5x instead of 2x? or 1x instead of 2x?.
I would like to know exactly, because if resistance is 1.5x, then I would like to suggest an increase to 25% or even maybe 30%, like usually damage-buffing abilities do (overgrow, torrent, blaze...)
A Cloned Pidgeot has 22k total hp, which means that 4.4k hp is 20%. If Pidgeot is hit by a Rock/Ice/Electric move with 3k based-damage (6k total 2x damage) while holding this item, it would still faint... because the move would deal 4.5k hp (even more, when the pokemon is a Shiny/Cloned Version).
I know that Pidgeot is meant to be defeated by a Rock/Ice/Electric type Pokemon. However, the purpose of held items is to help our Pokemon do better and have a better performance in duel and PvE. Just as I suggested, with that small boost of 5 to 10%, our Flying Pokemon (Emolga (22.7k hp), Skarmory (21.5k hp), Staraptor(21.5k) etc...) would still loose against their weaknesses, but that would give them at least time to use 1 move and deal something of damage.
Shiny Charm, according to my doc file:
SqJ2ljh.png

However, I am not sure how Jano has done it, couldn't watch his stream all the time, so I will later ask him to make sure it is done as described above.

Jewels: Random move, you cannot choose.

Genius Wing: It means that only flying type pokemons can use it, it means that its resistance will raise by 50% to all types, so for example if it is weak to electric 2x, then it will receive x1 instead. It also means it will deal 30% less damage than usual.
Remember, that in duels pokemons are having more hp. Chance that it would use strong move in the wild so quickly is very low and remember, that 50% is 50%, not -0.5 to stage.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Raissa!

I also edited my post with 2 more suggestions!

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello!

IF resistance would be 1x, instead of 1.5x, then please ignore everything I wrote and leave it like that

4.- Terrain Extender. I like that it increases terrain moves' damage in 10%. However, I feel like we already have a lot of this effect already in game. There are some Pokemon with Technician ability, there is also this other held item, Power Lens, which boosts damage of TM in 15%.
I know Terrain Extender benefits pokemon which have a Terrain move already in their moveset, but I think this held item could do a bit better. This is why I would like to suggest making the area of terrain moves bigger, meaning to say adding 1 sqm (maybe 2 if it's not too much?) around it. I feel this would be really nice in both, duel and PvE. The 10% boost should stay like that, but the area of damage should definitely be increased.
Bulbapedia says: If the Pokémon holding this item creates terrain with its own move (Electric Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Grassy Terrain, and Misty Terrain) or Ability (Electric Surge, Psychic Surge, Grassy Surge, and Misty Surge), that terrain lasts eight turns instead of five turns.
I feel like saying "Terrain moves should hit 1 or 2 more times" could make the terrain moves a bit too op (damage-wise). But leaving the normal damage + a bigger area sounds more viable and sane.

5.- Rocky Helmet. This is my last suggestion: change effect from "always reflecting 5% damage" to "Reflecting 5% damage from moves of direct contact" or maybe you could increase to 7%?. Bulbapedia says: It is an in-battle effect item that damages the attacker if the holder is hit by a contact move.. I guess maybe you wanted to do something different from Bulbapedia, but I feel like ALWAYS reflecting 5% damage could lead to a huge disadvantage in duel. Plus, it kinda doesn't make sense that if my Pokemon uses Hydropump, it would get 5% of reflected damage from a helmet that it didn't even touch!

What do you guys think about my suggestions?

Thanks in advance for reading!

1- Not coded yet, but will require you to defeat the Pokemon with the holder.

2- Is the first move you use while item is not on cooldown.

3- It doesn't change resistances directly, %reductions/increases is taken from damage before weaknesses/resistances and after ability %reductions/increases. So it goes +-ability% -> +-item% -> weaknesses/resistances
These values are multiplicative.

4- Already coded, don't feel like changing it yet...

5- Idk, I'll let Raissa decide.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Hello; I would like to suggest a boost to Stick

Right now Stick is nothing but a unique Scope Lens for Farfetch'd, they have the same crit rate increase. So I suggest boosting Stick to 15% chance to land a critical hit. If an item is going to be exclusive for a Pokémon it should a bit better for ones that are available for all Pokémon.

I also like to suggest a boost for Terrain Extender
I liked Armin's suggestion but if the re-programming is hard for you maybe just increase the % of the dmg to +25%? Because Terrain Extender boost 1 specific move by 10%, where as elemental items (Magnet, Miracle Seed etc.) are boosting all the moves of same element by 10%. And instead of Terrain Extender you can just have the correct elemental jewel and you'll get a 20% dmg boost + it is the first move your Pokémon uses so it is flexible. Right now Terrain Extenders effect is underwhelming.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello; I would like to suggest a boost to Stick

Right now Stick is nothing but a unique Scope Lens for Farfetch'd, they have the same crit rate increase. So I suggest boosting Stick to 15% chance to land a critical hit. If an item is going to be exclusive for a Pokémon it should a bit better for ones that are available for all Pokémon.

I also like to suggest a boost for Terrain Extender
I liked Armin's suggestion but if the re-programming is hard for you maybe just increase the % of the dmg to +25%? Because Terrain Extender boost 1 specific move by 10%, where as elemental items (Magnet, Miracle Seed etc.) are boosting all the moves of same element by 10%. And instead of Terrain Extender you can just have the correct elemental jewel and you'll get a 20% dmg boost + it is the first move your Pokémon uses so it is flexible. Right now Terrain Extenders effect is underwhelming.

Stick doesn't have the same crit damage as scope lens

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
"Thick Club Increases damage by 12% of Cubone and Marowak"

Does it include alolan marowak too?

If not, can you change to increase his damage too?

Every "exclusive" item includes every form of said Pokemon

Mirajane

Reaction score
For amulet coin to take effect, does the user have to make the last hit?

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
For amulet coin to take effect, does the user have to make the last hit?
Already answered, to make it clearer, the Pokémon should be released at the moment of the defeat.
IMO Oval Stone should be a evo item and not a Held Item. All other items that make pokes evolve when held were introduced to the game as evo items (deep sea scale/tooth, metal coat, dragon scale, etc)

Agreed

in

Reaction score
My idea is to change Terrain Extender it should work with every spell like grass terrain/earthquake/brine not only with grass terrain/misty terrain it's the same type of spell.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
hello 4 suggestion

1.- Choice scarf

It's very nice idea but i think it will be op if doesn't have restrictions for players with pokemon's baton pass in his team
why?
gives you other opportunity to have an advantage then you would have 3
1.- your first pokemon pick (Maybe you just got unlucky no problem you use choice scarf)
2.- you used Choice Scarf and you didn’t win on equal conditions (no problem you have baton pass)
3.- Baton pass (It’s also a matter of luck but you can do a lot of damage and save it still not having luck and not take advantage in the type, you can win)
5bSlgBs.png

2.- a Held item that totally or partially cancels Batton pass
3.- a Held item that gives us more chance to retain an ability to evolve
4.-Get the Held items into the task system

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Rock helmet or whatever it was called will stay as it is. Making it reflecting only contact moves would make it weak and pointless. Pokemons are often having 0-2 contact moves, not counting melee damage, cus reflecting 5% out of 200 is 10 xD

Caxoxd1

Reaction score
Just a question.

A poke thas has equiped with wise glasses and uses skill swap on enemy's poke, this one gets his moveset earlier than the user. Is this normal or both have to receive their movesets at the same time?

Regards.:p

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
how Ability Urge can be used? I am confused with "activating ability", because most abilities are "passive" (example blaze)

in hunts solo this item does nothing? (because you are not on 1x1 and dont have allies)

also, can we have a notion about the chance of dropping held items? they will come directly to bag?

Back