What's new

Welcome!

Catch System, extra chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Well, im still waiting with a hand in a pants for extra chance change and then come back to pa :D

Shouya

Reaction score
This is not about whether a player plays 1 hour or 10 hours a day. It's about the amount of balls used on a Pokemon.

The fact that you have to reach (in most cases) the of-very-little-help 0.5% extra chance (and even then you might use the same amount of balls to reach that extra chance after the extra chance) is absolutely ridiculous.

I am not a catcher. In fact there are just 2 pokemon I have caught myself because I really wanted them:Skarmory and Feebas (2x, one in Platinum and one in Diamond), and in those 3 times I reached extra chance. Every Feebas was like 2 1/2 months and Skarmory was like 1 month.

Again, I know people would be like “Feebas is rare”, “Server would be flooded with Milotics if Feebas were easy”, “Some Pokemon should stay rare”. Well, I agree with you.

However, pokemon like:
Venusaur
Blastoise
Meganium
Dragonite
Skarmory
Charizard (there are sooooo many screenshots of people using 10k-20k balls on Charizard)
Ludicolo (Selasor’s catch after 28k GB.... like DUDE! The guy spent 70k+ for a pokemon worth 5k)
Alakazam
Cpadde reached extra chance in Taurus WITH UB, like it was not in even with safari balls in Safari...
and so many other pokemon.

Like I said, I am not a catcher... and probably most of players are not catchers (maybe Staff has some statistics on that), that’s why this thread is not “trending topic”. However, I understand the frustration and I also believe this is the reason why a lot of players stop playing.

Now that there is this Thread about suggestions to keep 200+ players in the game and stuff, hopefully Staff would take reworking catch system into consideration. I do know a couple of players who retired because of it.

If only your math is good as the way you give your arguments.

First things first. No. It's not 70k, it's 7k in gb because great balls are 0.25hd, not 2.5 hd.
Second. Noone forced him to use great balls, it was his own decision, so yeah, not a good argument, he could have used ultra balls on a pokemon that is "very rare" in pokedex by the way.
Third. The whole point of the game is that it's based on luck, so you either throw 100 ub or 5k on a pokemon that is very rare, you are not supposed to profit from every catch you know.

To be honest, the system might have been broken like that one time where extra didn't work. But every time I reached extra (which is on few pokemons only), I caught it in the next 200 balls. You know, it has logic. Like 0.5% x 200= 100%. Not necessarily but you get the point, at least I hope you do, not sure anymore after seeing that math thingy.

There is a reason pokemons are "very rare", it means not everyone is supposed to catch it, especially not in...what? 1k balls? Come on, there are such good spawns that you can throw 1k balls on those pokemons in a day, 5 days and you have bonus which means you will catch it in the same or in the next day. So? Where is the problem actually? sO mAnY pEoPlE lEfT tHe GaMe BeCaUsE oF iT? It just means they didn't have enough patience. As a matter of fact, you don't even have the right to comment on this thread, you stated yourself you are not a catcher, so what are you trying to prove here? I was in top 5 catchers on Pearl, top50 on platinum now and I haven't even been focusing on catch as much as some people, and you still want to say the system is hard? No. It. Is. Not. I will prove it to you when I reach top 5 catchers on platinum also.

Oh boy, sure tilts me when people are trash talking about the catching system and they don't know shit how it felt to be a catcher when pokemons didn't have bonus at all. Where were you when I used 6k ub on Magmar which has bonus on 2k now? Where were you when I used 5k ub on Dratini? Where were you when I used 11k rb on Cloned Alakazam? And you are saying something about "not profiting from catches" please. Just please, stay away from the topic, and those similar to you also.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
If only your math is good as the way you give your arguments.

First things first. No. It's not 70k, it's 7k in gb because great balls are 0.25hd, not 2.5 hd.
Second. Noone forced him to use great balls, it was his own decision, so yeah, not a good argument, he could have used ultra balls on a pokemon that is "very rare" in pokedex by the way.
Third. The whole point of the game is that it's based on luck, so you either throw 100 ub or 5k on a pokemon that is very rare, you are not supposed to profit from every catch you know.

To be honest, the system might have been broken like that one time where extra didn't work. But every time I reached extra (which is on few pokemons only), I caught it in the next 200 balls. You know, it has logic. Like 0.5% x 200= 100%. Not necessarily but you get the point, at least I hope you do, not sure anymore after seeing that math thingy.

There is a reason pokemons are "very rare", it means not everyone is supposed to catch it, especially not in...what? 1k balls? Come on, there are such good spawns that you can throw 1k balls on those pokemons in a day, 5 days and you have bonus which means you will catch it in the same or in the next day. So? Where is the problem actually? sO mAnY pEoPlE lEfT tHe GaMe BeCaUsE oF iT? It just means they didn't have enough patience. As a matter of fact, you don't even have the right to comment on this thread, you stated yourself you are not a catcher, so what are you trying to prove here? I was in top 5 catchers on Pearl, top50 on platinum now and I haven't even been focusing on catch as much as some people, and you still want to say the system is hard? No. It. Is. Not. I will prove it to you when I reach top 5 catchers on platinum also.

Oh boy, sure tilts me when people are trash talking about the catching system and they don't know shit how it felt to be a catcher when pokemons didn't have bonus at all. Where were you when I used 6k ub on Magmar which has bonus on 2k now? Where were you when I used 5k ub on Dratini? Where were you when I used 11k rb on Cloned Alakazam? And you are saying something about "not profiting from catches" please. Just please, stay away from the topic, and those similar to you also.

Can you give any other argument completly different than "where were you when i blabla used blabla" i'm reading that for idk like hundred time, and im not opening forum very often, as a catcher wich prefered to catch quality not quantity(that's why im not on top catchers) i can say that that pokes should be very rare but not avaliable only for lucky bastards without any patience.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Dear staff, after a half year... Maybe its time to say what are you thinking about that? Is ignoring me and a half of PA players fine, you really couldnt find 10 fvking seconds "No Khormes, fuk off"? Im really thinking about coming back to PA, but if players are nothing for you, then its not worth to do that and to waste your time or mine time.

No hate, im really mad for ignoring us.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
Dear staff, after a half year... Maybe its time to say what are you thinking about that? Is ignoring me and a half of PA players fine, you really couldnt find 10 fvking seconds "No Khormes, fuk off"? Im really thinking about coming back to PA, but if players are nothing for you, then its not worth to do that and to waste your time or mine time.

No hate, im really mad for ignoring us.

I told you to start your own drama, and this is the best you could come with?
They will never hear you like this!

(also known as FREE BUMP)

in

Reaction score
I told you to start your own drama, and this is the best you could come with?
They will never hear you like this!

(also known as FREE BUMP)

They're busy as always many updates every month u know :)

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Well, in donations problem thread answers are instant, this shows about what you care the most, not players but their pockets... Really Jano, you gave thanks and didnt answer anyway, thanks for respect, remember that karma always back.
Have a nice day, im not coming back(yes, yes i know u will write that no one will cry).

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Ask yourself, does every thread need your useless comment?

You are not the only one Khormes.

I also believe that Shouya's comments are utterly useless. That's why I decided to completely ignore him.

As a matter of fact, the other day I was browsing through some threads and noticed that he is almost always against any change, suggestion, improvement to the game. So please, Khormes, don't take it personal. He is just a hater. That's why I recommend you to ignore him.

Take his comments as a "free" bump to the thread.

@thread-related.

Listen, I've read in several posts that Jano is the only programmer right now.

Usually, when I play in the mornings (european time) he is also online (Chile time, which is really early), so I assume that he is indeed working/programming new features of the game or fixing other problems.

It is common knowledge that Catch System in PAd isn't (sadly) its best feature, although as a pokemon-related game it should be.

I am not a programmer, but I can imagine programming a whole new catch system is not so easy; plus, having to add new features at the same time to keep players thrilled with the game... I understand why Raissa says there's just too much on the To-do list. An on top of that, as I said, just 1 person to do the programming.

Which is why I ask you to be patient. I know sometimes you get the feeling that you are being ignored (I know the feeling), but in many many many posts Raissa has written that not writing anything doesn't mean being ignored but that they are somehow still considering, discussing or working on it. So I have faith that some day... sooner or later catch system would be reworked... some day... (remember alola region? it took long, but it was indeed introduced)

Anyway, you can of course keep bumping this thread, but try not to do it every day, maybe once a week?

Regards!

Dagugo

Reaction score
it is been said in many thread that there is a to-do list and there wont be other plans before it is done, i think is not necessary to come again here to say it is not in plans for now, maybe someday who knows, for now it gonna stay as it is, for real, doesnt need answer from jano/raissa to know it as it is pointed in some threads.

PD: as it is not in plans, there wont be any explanation of how it could be done (if it gonna be change someday) cuz working in other plans means not having mind/time to rework this system, for it have to thing in another strategy/mechanism, so i bet, jano doesnt have mind right now to think about it with the long queue.

Last edited:

Shouya

Reaction score
At least Dagugo got my point, not everyone has limited brain capacity in this community you know, both to you Khormes and to Armiin. Going to say it seriously now without trolling like I usually do because I just like to see you whine. Firstly, I am not a hater. I want this community to get improved as much as you do and there are some things that should be worked on. When we take this catching system into consideration, let's say that currently it's good enough to be put aside compared to other things that are planned on the "to-do list" that Dagugo mentioned. There should be a priority list on what to improve first, and even though I don't agree with current bonus on some pokemons, I think it can wait while we deal with more serious issues, fishing system for an example, which is completely useless atm and noone has fished since 2012 since it's not relevant to the game. Balancing out pokemons is also important because we have 500-600 of them in game and how many are people using, like 100? Max 200 that are good. And making a cloned or shiny version won't fix the problem, they need a rebalance. Finish alolan islands and quest lines should also be amongst the top priorities since they were released a while ago. Then they can start focusing on things like the catch system. Yes, it needs improvement. I agree that it's too hard in some cases, but it shouldn't be too easy also. You can notice the drastic change of shinies on both servers in past 2 years compared to 9 years since srw was released, and I don't think that's also healthy since even in GBA games shinies are supposed to be rare with a chance of 1/8192 to even encounter it. Even though I think that's too low, GBA games still have way too easy way to catch pokemons, you easily get bored when you can speed run the game in 5 hours and then catch the full pokedex in few days, then what? That's why I don't agree too much on reworking the system as a whole, but just to rework the bonuses of some pokes, maybe their catchrates also. All in all, I'm gonna say the same as you did. They are lacking staff to work on the game as a whole due to recent happenings, we have to be more patient for everything to come to its place. But generally, spamming here or any other thread won't make things better unless it's a constructive critic which they can take into consideration. Until then, we'll just have to wait.

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
it is been said in many thread that there is a to-do list and there wont be other plans before it is done, i think is not necessary to come again here to say it is not in plans for now, maybe someday who knows, for now it gonna stay as it is, for real, doesnt need answer from jano/raissa to know it as it is pointed in some threads.

PD: as it is not in plans, there wont be any explanation of how it could be done (if it gonna be change someday) cuz working in other plans means not having mind/time to rework this system, for it have to thing in another strategy/mechanism, so i bet, jano doesnt have mind right now to think about it with the long queue.

I'm not a programmer so i dont know and i cant say too many things about it, but i just dont believe that rework of present extra chance to extra chance growing with every single ball would take so much time, that's why i have been bumping this thread for a half year, just to know Staff opinion, is it stupid idea or no... Even if a lot of players think its very good idea. To know Jano's or Raissa's opinion about reworking that even in future...
But as you wrote you "bet" so even your post doesnt give sure answer, about which i was asking :(

Last edited:

Dagugo

Reaction score
I'm not a programmer so i dont know and i cant say too many things about it, but i just dont believe that rework of present extra chance to extra chance growing with every single ball would take so much time, that's why i have been bumping this thread for a half year, just to know Staff opinion, is it stupid idea or no... Even if a lot of players think its very good idea. To know Jano's or Raissa's opinion about reworking that even in future...
But as you wrote you "bet" so even your post doesnt give sure answer, about which i was asking :(

is not a bad idea for people who like to catch (as me) my point is: this is not the right time for it, could be in future, so probably not answer for it soon.

Sucrilhosforever

I'm a Community Manager. Animes sux. They are just
Reaction score
As people said above, Aga and Jano have somethings in queue to do first than remaking/adjusting catch system for now. But i think you got this answer in game from aga herself, 100x times, so you weren't ignored as you say here =D.

I'm not saying it won't be reviewed in the future(it could be on future plans), but i'm sure it won't be that soon, since we got only jano on coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back