What's new

Welcome!

Topic for small doubts

Tsotss

Reaction score
Will pokemons get rebalance before tournament?
Thanks in advance for any answer.

demzpacito

Reaction score
When we use Pamtre Berry and fish 2 pokes instead of 1 does our fishing skill increase faster?

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
"Same-type attack bonus, abbreviated STAB, is a 50% damage boost of an attack when it is the same type as one of the types of the Pokémon using the attack. This results in a 50% increase in damage.

A Blastoise using Surf increases the power of the move by 50%, since both Blastoise and Surf are Water-type. However, a Blastoise using Ice Beam does not receive an increase in special attack power of the move, since Blastoise is not an Ice-type Pokémon.

A Lapras, on the other hand, would receive the same-type attack bonus when using either Surf or Ice Beam, since Lapras is both Water-type and Ice-type."

My question is: Padventures does not consider STAB currently, right?

Is it in plans to consider? If so, how it will work (normal moves, tms, limited)?

huberto

Reaction score
No, there is no STAB yet in padventures. There was a thread suggesting it and someone from staff replied that they are not planning to add it for now but they may think about it when stats system is implemented.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
No, there is no STAB yet in padventures. There was a thread suggesting it and someone from staff replied that they are not planning to add it for now but they may think about it when stats system is implemented.

Thanks for the reply. Personally I am big fan of pokes with moves of several different types, but STAB is an interesting concept too, perhaps having a low percentage bonus would be nice, it does not to be 50%.

demzpacito

Reaction score
I guess implementing STAB would require a huge effort on rebalancing every poke and game is not worse because of its absence, so should not be a priority. However, a while ago I mentioned that matter on another topic as a solution for making Adaptability useful, but was ignored as usual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kj8unP3sunPy8EVSounPz8qCw.png

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I think STAB would be such a complicated system to add, and it is not needed at all.

The concept is basically a Pokemon's move dealing more damage (50% more) if it is of the same type as the Pokemon.

However, I remember Staff members saying "We don't have the normal 3x weakness because pokemons will die really fast". I believe adding STAB would be very complicated and would require a lot of time and effort in rebalancing all pokemon's damage, because just adding that extra 50% damage would make some pokemons too op and other pokemons too weak.

I personally like the way things work right now.

Just my humble opinion.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
We don't plan to add STAB. I don't get what's your problem about this ability and why are you calling it useless.
It boosts moves of the user, if they are of the same type as your opponent. For example Beedrill will deal 15% extra damage from its bug moves against Pinsir (and any other bug pokemon). That will stay as it is - or we could eventually increase to 20%. But Stab will not be added for now.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
We don't plan to add STAB. I don't get what's your problem about this ability and why are you calling it useless.
It boosts moves of the user, if they are of the same type as your opponent. For example Beedrill will deal 15% extra damage from its bug moves against Pinsir (and any other bug pokemon). That will stay as it is - or we could eventually increase to 20%. But Stab will not be added for now.

Ok just asking because I would I am thinking in adding some TMs to pokemons of different attributes, and I would regret of if formulas become changed any time soon. Similar to what is done when a pokemon is strongly rebalanced, it would be interesting maybe to add an option to extract some TMs in these cases, even costing some cash.

demzpacito

Reaction score
Its useless from my perspective, a non dueler. No one uses a bug poke for hunting on a bug respawn. But I understand it might be handy for duels so whatevs

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Is there a command to see which pokemons learn some ability, right? I forget it, but remember only that eevee and porygon have adaptability.. I agree with demz, the idea on this ability is wrongly implemented, and its effect is not usefull (but it is ok maybe, not 100% of abilities should be equally awesome, as players we wish that, so just commenting for helping to improve somethings)... also I checked that porygon may learn 2 other abilities: analytic and download, and eevee: anticipation and run away.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
What are all the restrictions on pokes for daily dungeon?

I notice only that:

1. ghosts are banned
2. only 1 pokemon with healing is allowed

are these restrictions correct? are there some others?

Tsotss

Reaction score
Its about ability Pickup. Could u make something in it that if Pokemon has any move in moveset, then can not take the same move from opponent's TMs? I know its randomly, but..
I got on Diggersby Sleep Talk TM from any opponent, but due the fact it has on moveset, I couldn't use it.

mmarvim

Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm sometime absent and want to ask for some help... if you don't mind, witch new pokes have been added and where's it? xD
I read about Timburr family in vermilion and new spaws that has been added with the new fossil pokemons quest... is there something else? Will try to catch, at least this easyones in freetime

Back