What's new

Welcome!

Weezing

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Hi,

My suggestion is to replace Tackle from Weezing for another move. The reasons for that are the following:

Tackle is a normal move for low level pokemons, usually the ones that are not in their final form. Surprisingly, koffing currently does not have tackle (it could be added to koffing, since it has currently 6 moves). On the other hand, koffing currently has Mud Shot (ground move, however it does not do too much damage), while Weezing has 7 poison attacking moves and Tackle. I don't know about other players, but honestly, I prefer to release other pokemon rather than using Tackle, thus making even a high-level pokemon with a useless/dead move.

Looking at bulbapedia, my suggestions to replace tackle are the following, in order of preference:
-> haze (ice)
-> gyro ball (steel)
-> mud bomb or mud shot (ground)
-> destiny bond (ghost)
-> assurance (dark)
-> memento (dark)

Currently, Weezing has 3 area moves (Poison Gas, Belch and Mortal Gas). I dont know if adding one more would be way too much (which number is the limit?). Some of the suggestions are target moves, and I have avoided to suggest more poison moves because I believe that it is important to balance the moveset of pokemons with 1~3 moves of types other than their native ones. If such heuristic is accepted, we could discuss and analyze in future the possibility of replacing some poison move of weezing for a not-poison one...

Also, I take a look at its current in game TM learnset, it is able to learn moves of different atributes (dark, eletric, fire). Based on bulbapedia, Idk how much PAdventures is following it, but there are even other strong TM's that Weezing is able to learn: rain dance, shadow ball, double team, infestation, to name a few.

Reference: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weezing_(Pokémon)#By_leveling_up

P.s.: Perhaps the damage of Mortal Gas should be increased, since from my tests it is hiting below the average when considering the other moves. If tackle becomes replaced by other move, maybe some other changes may be required to balance its strength, Idk what would be decided. What do u think?? If such considarations for tackle were accepted, I intent to create topics for other pokemons in their final form that have Tackle, such as snorlax for example.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
About tackle in terms of rebalance it is known as a very weak dmg spell which most of pokemons have in their kit. About changing weezing skills we can do it but i don't promise that he will have counters to psychic type since he already have levitate as his ability which already takes out 1 weakness from him.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. However, when doing this rebalance, please also take into consideration that Levitate is canceled by Mold Breaker, an ability very common in ground type and other pokemons with ground moves. I was not suggesting something specifically for countering psychic pokemons, but in fact Weezing naturally learns dark moves by leveling up.. Another point is that psychic moves are used fery often by several non-psychic pokemons.

As you pointed out, pure poison pokemons have only 2 weaknesses (Ground and Psychic), but poison attacks are effective only against 2 types (Grass and Fairy), and even have one immunity (Steel). Added to that, there are several other pokemons in game with only 1 weakness (scizor, sableye, swampert, drapion, etc), that is ok. Look at drapion for example, its only weakness is earth and it can have as TM rain dance and giga drain, both effective on earth. In the case of Swampert, it can learn Blizzard and other ice TMs to counter-attack its only weakness, grass.

I rarely make duels, so my sugestion is more in the direction of pokemons in their final evolution to not end up with Tackle, which is tipically an initial/"noob"/dead move :)

Thanks!

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
About tackle in terms of rebalance it is known as a very weak dmg spell which most of pokemons have in their kit. About changing weezing skills we can do it but i don't promise that he will have counters to psychic type since he already have levitate as his ability which already takes out 1 weakness from him.

After replying to your comment, I was thinking that the best counter to Weezing in a duel would be Steel, not Psychic, as you suggested, because a Steel pokemon would be immune to the 7 poison atks of Weezing, leaving it only with Tackle xD

Then, I take a look again at the current TM learnset of Weezing, it can learn Fire Blast, Flamethrower and Tri Attack to have a chance of making some damage against Steel.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
After replying to your comment, I was thinking that the best counter to Weezing in a duel would be Steel, not Psychic, as you suggested, because a Steel pokemon would be immune to the 7 poison atks of Weezing, leaving it only with Tackle xD

Then, I take a look again at the current TM learnset of Weezing, it can learn Fire Blast, Flamethrower and Tri Attack to have a chance of making some damage against Steel.

Also Earth type pokes :p (endless duel)

Back