What's new

Welcome!

Unable to use hot key for my "m#". Suggestions

Boygzilla

Reaction score
I've got a new laptop and the only way I can use the F keys (F1-F12) is if I am holding the function (Fn) button. This is obviously a huge pain because I have my moves (m1-m10) bound to these hot keys. Any suggestion on how I can over ride this or work around it? As of right now, the only thing I can think of is to hook up an external keyboard but that isn't really a route I am wanting to go to alleviate the issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. I tried to google this dilemma to no avail, so a solution not being found is not for lack of effort.

McK3A7

Reaction score
Hmm when i play on my laptop i dont have problems with hotkeys :/ i dont have to press Fn button just click on the f1,f2 etc.

Azuxas

Reaction score
Hey Boygzilla :D,

I think i know how to fix your problem;

Restart your computer. When your pc starts up press DELETE/F2/F10/F12 - one of those keys / combinations will bring you to your BIOS.
Then look around and find the rule that says "media-keys first" or something like that, and change them to "function-keys first".

I think this should work for you :)

Let me know if it helped ^^.

Yours.

Boygzilla

Reaction score
Hey Boygzilla :D,

I think i know how to fix your problem;

Restart your computer. When your pc starts up press DELETE/F2/F10/F12 - one of those keys / combinations will bring you to your BIOS.
Then look around and find the rule that says "media-keys first" or something like that, and change them to "function-keys first".

I think this should work for you :)

Let me know if it helped ^^.

Yours.

YES. It worked and I can finally play PA on my new laptop. You're the man, I hope the admins give you unlimited diamonds.

Azuxas

Reaction score
YES. It worked and I can finally play PA on my new laptop. You're the man, I hope the admins give you unlimited diamonds.

that would be so good, but since i can imagine the admins don't :D, maybe you gotta ?

xD

Back