What's new

Welcome!

Skills, Damages & Stuns rework.

rakeri

Reaction score
I want to talk about damage of all moves. Last time there were added many high damage moves like Dark Pulse, Sky Uppercutt and so on. Some Pokemons just became too dependent only on one or two moves like Umbreon. It effected that to make proper rebalance many other moves were just becoming better and better. The other reason of buffing them were stun and heal moves which were really strong and even fighting pokemon were losing to normal and fire pokemon were losing to bug. In my opinion all moves should be nerfed a bit to make fights more exciting and difficult. For second I think that duration of crowd control moves should be also weaken a bit couse it makes too big advantage in duels.

First of all take a look at damage which in my opinion isn't made in a good way. I think the damage of all moves should be lower.

DAMAGE MOVES

1. Short cooldown, single target, distance skills.
examples: Energy Ball, Bubble, Ember, Thunder Shock, Shadow Ball, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 800-1200 HP

2. Waves
examples: Dragon Breath, Thunder Wave, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1000-1400 HP

3. Narrow Beams
examples: Zap Cannon, Solar Beam, Ice Beam, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1200-1600 HP

4. Wide Beams
examples: Aurora Beam, Hyper Bream, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1100-1500 HP

5. Melee, Single skills
examples: Fire Punch, Mega Kick, Thunder Punch, Sucker Punch, Aqua Tail
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1000-1400 HP

6. Melee, Multi-strike skills
examples: Drill Peck, Triple Punch, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1200-1600 HP (total)

7. Area, non-target skills
examples: Psychic, Thunder, Vine Whip, Flamethrower...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 800-1400 HP

8. Area, target skills
examples: Fireball, Waterball
damage at 130 level [1x]: 700-1200 HP

9. Multi-strike, long CD moves
examples: Dark Pulse, Tri Flames, Brick Break, Night Slash ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1700-2300 HP total

10. Huge Area, long CD moves
examples: Hydropump, Psyusion, Magma Storm, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1300-1900 HP total

11. Area, random target skills
examples: Lava Plume, Shadow Storm, Thunder Storm, Rain Dance, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 400-800 HP per hit.

12. Melee, long CD, target skills
examples: Dynamic Punch, ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1900-2300 HP

13. Short CD, multi-strike skills
examples: Razor Leaf, Thunder Bolt, Bubblebeam ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1000-1400 HP total

14. Pursuits, short CD skills
examples: Pursuit, Aqua Jet, Fly Attack ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 900-1300 HP total

15. Gyrate Skills
examples: Rollout, Gyro Ball, Hurricane ...
damage at 130 level [1x]: 1500-2000 HP total

Skills that in my opinion needs rework:
-Sky Uppercutt (my idea: make it like Fly Attack (but long CD) with splash damage around enemy with damage like 1500-2100 HP total)
-Flare Blitz (my idea: changes our 5 next melee attacks into fire ranged attacks with damage like 300 per hit)
last post here: http://46.105.24.210/showthread.php?20867-Post-your-rebalance-suggestions/page18

Now take a look at crowd control moves

CROWD CONTROL MOVES

1. Short Confuse
Examples: Pursuit, Evasion, Dizzy Punch, Astonish, ...
Duration: 2s.

2. Long Confuse
Examples: Confusion, Stun Spore, Supersonic, Dynamic Punch, Doom Desire, Water Pulse, ...
Duration: 3s.

3. Sleep
Examples: Hypnosis, Sleep Spore, Sing, ...
Duration: 4s.

4. Fear
Examples: Growl, Roar, Fear, ...

5. Protection
Examples: Protection, Magic Coat, ...
Duration: 5s.

6. Freeze
Examples: Sheer Cold, ...

7. Paralyze
Examples: Thunder Wave, String Shot
Duration: 3s.

8. Reflect
Examples: Reflect, ...

9. Buffs
Examples: Harden, War Dog, Iron Defence, Agility, ...
Duration: 9s.

10. Others:
Mind Boost- 6s.

HEALING MOVES

1. Heals
Examples: Healarea, Selfheal
Change: All heals should be little nerfed, becouse with that low damage healing pokes could become immortal. Healarea to make it more for team hunts could heal more HP to friendly pokemons than yourself. Selfheal 3k yourself, Healarea 3-4k yourself / 6-8k party.

2. Life Steal:
Mega Drain - 500 HP
Giga Drain - 1000 HP
Leech Seed - like 1500 HP total during x seconds.

3. Rest
note: After using Rest your pokemon sleep like 10s more so you have to choose good moment to use it (when your enemy dont have cds.)

note: If pokemon got much healing move he should have low damage and not much HP. Especially Pokemons that got Rest or Recover.
note: As it would take longer to kill wild pokemon they should give like 30-40% experience more.

Advantages:
- It balance pokemons in the best way
- Crowd Control moves won't make such a big difference in duels
- Quests will be more challenging
- It will improve team hunts, team quests etc.
- PVP will be more exciting

Disadvantages:
- It needs a lot of work to implemet this
- It had to be tested again to find bugs
- Some pokemons would have to be balanced again to avoid them to become OP.

edit:
Actually it's my first 'crazy' idea and I know it. Somehow I am sure that it won't be added just wanted to show someone that on higher levels this game isn't challenging anymore. I can easly go into respawn of 10 steelixes and kill them with one pokemon that got reflect.

Actually game starts to looks the same after 120 level and any quest won't change it.

Current PvP is too much dependent of stuns and other crowd control system and I think that adding 10 000 damage moves isn't the solution. It rather makes it fast hand game. Too many times result of the fight depend to who will use skill as first.

Also I don't see anything bad in decreasing of attack damage and stuns duration. I agree that it's needs a lot of time and work but in my opinion that change would help to keep higher level players playing linger than only for events or some weeks after each update.

Last edited:

Pyrokar

Reaction score
- Some pokemons would have to be balanced again to avoid them to become OP.

Some? With those changes everything would have to be done from the beginning. I guess your idea would give people much more opportunites to cry. I also hear complains from time to time about the change that was done in Omastar (Harden - passive, Rollout - active). Disagree.

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
Oh yeah.

"LA LA LA LA...(I just saw a wild Gloom) and decided to attack him with my super 130 Charizard:
- Charizard, lets fight!
- Charizard, use Ember!
- "wild Gloom loses 890 hitpoints due to an attack by Charizard."
- wild Gloom used Sleep Powder
- wild Gloom used Absorb - "Charizard loses 350 hitpoints."
- wild Gloom used Stun Spore
- wild Gloom used Leech Seed - "Charizard loses 50 hitpoints in 5 next turns."
- wild Gloom used Acid - "Charizard loses 140 hitpoints."

The moral is short and to some well known, do not hit the pokemons you cannot one-hit, noob.

rakeri

Reaction score
Oh yeah.

"LA LA LA LA...(I just saw a wild Gloom) and decided to attack him with my super 130 Charizard:
- Charizard, lets fight!
- Charizard, use Ember!
- "wild Gloom loses 890 hitpoints due to an attack by Charizard."
- wild Gloom used Stun Spore
- wild Gloom used Leech Seed - "Charizard loses 50 hitpoints in 5 next turns."
- wild Gloom used Acid - "Charizard loses 140 hitpoints."

The moral is short and to some well known, do not hit the pokemons you cannot one-hit, noob.

The moral is short and to some well known, learn to read with understanding. Actually cc nerf is main point of this thread. :)

renky's

Reaction score
is a great idea, but the problem would be with the people
who are always unhappy with the changes and start arguing about anything.

anyway if I were to ask my opinion I completely agree with your post: 3

(Renky-bash) Pearl

ps: about wild Pokemon my idea is that they do not use stuns or heals
so one could do more lvl in peace ...

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Agree with Pyrokar and renky's. Poeple will cry to these changes like it always made when something goes by another way than they want to.
Btw, now Omastar is better than old (harden in skill, rollout in passive).

rakeri

Reaction score
is a great idea, but the problem would be with the people
who are always unhappy with the changes and start arguing about anything.

anyway if I were to ask my opinion I completely agree with your post: 3

(Renky-bash) Pearl

ps: about wild Pokemon my idea is that they do not use stuns or heals
so one could do more lvl in peace ...

Actually I know that this suggestion will never be implemented. Everyone know that some people might cry just becouse they don't have pokes that can't kill 3-4 enemy pokemons. I just wanted to show that crowd control moves have too big influence in PA. Actually to avoid some pokemons killing 2-3 enemy pokes there were added skills that can one hit every pokemon like Sky Uppercutt/Dynamic Punch vs Normal, Dark Pulse/Night Slash/Pursuit vs Psychic. I think that it isn't the solution and it just can bring something like "fast hand duels" where the person who use skill first win fight.

I created this thread maybe becouse somehow I am bored of exping like this: run, run, run -> Reflect + AOE (sandstorm etc.) -> run, run, run -> Reflect + AOE.
After reaching 120-130 level this game isn't challenging anymore. Most of "high level quests" I can do with one or two pokes that got reflect.

Makarno.-

Reaction score
I think just Dynamic punch should be nerfed a little. It's stun is way too long. Also Dizzy punch should be a little longer.

The rest
Total dissagree

Santoo

Reaction score
Next crazy idea. I think that u have your server and u want to destroy this serv. U like a lot of changes... a lot of stupid changes - in my opinion ofc. Damn. Attack, buff, stuns, hot and dot system now isnt bad. Pyro~ is a master in rebalance system. I know that this serv will be better... but no with chang everything... maybe we added diggimons and new "spells"... maybe avada kedavra or kamehameha?

rakeri

Reaction score
Next crazy idea. I think that u have your server and u want to destroy this serv. U like a lot of changes... a lot of stupid changes - in my opinion ofc. Damn. Attack, buff, stuns, hot and dot system now isnt bad. Pyro~ is a master in rebalance system. I know that this serv will be better... but no with chang everything... maybe we added diggimons and new "spells"... maybe avada kedavra or kamehameha?

Actually it's my first 'crazy' idea and I know it. Somehow I am sure that it won't be added just wanted to show someone that on higher levels this game isn't challenging anymore. I can easly go into respawn of 10 steelixes and kill them with one pokemon that got reflect.

Actually game starts to looks the same after 120 level and any quest won't change it.

Current PvP is too much dependent of stuns and other crowd control system and I think that adding 10 000 damage moves isn't the solution. It rather makes it fast hand game. Too many times result of the fight depend to who will use skill as first.

Also I don't see anything bad in decreasing of attack damage and stuns duration. I agree that it's needs a lot of time and work but in my opinion that change would help to keep higher level players playing linger than only for events or some weeks after each update.

Kirubin4

Reaction score
Every poke should have his own formula. If you change of all moves, the pokemon will be good only by moves, not by strenght, and will create a unbalance. So no.

rakeri

Reaction score
And pokes with healing only survives ;] no way, disagree

Actually yes. It is the problem, but in my opinion it could be easy solved by giving them really low damage.

@2x up
yes, all pokes with heal, reflect and protection would have to be rebalanced again;s

Back