What's new

Welcome!

DarmanitanZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, today I would like to propose a simple switch to DarmanitanZ.

Of the entire Darmanitan's family, right after the Galarian form (Fire/Ice) , its Psy/Fire form is by far the second best, IMO.
One of the better rebalanced Pokémon, in my opinion, too.
However, in order to make it a little more interesting, and make a possible better mix of combo moves. I would like to propose two amendments.

Replacing Thunder Punch by Trick
And Fire Bolt by Heat Crash.

* Trick

ttV0HOp.jpg

It doesn't take many technical terms to apply a certain move on the same certain type. But, anyway, I went to find out if it was possible for it to learn this, and yes, it can.
The reason I'm suggesting this replacement of Thunder Punch with Trick is that it can be launched from afar, and that in terms of PvP it is a big help.

[X] the downside (perhaps) of removing Thunder Punch would be the fact that it is a counter attack against its weakness (a rather dynamic element, failing only against the stone and earth element?!). Small counter, but it is.

[OK] Trick seems a little more functional to me, besides being able to be released from afar, causes delay plus perfectly to match with psy wave, being a move with melee unecessary, IMO. The only element it wouldn't have any effect on would be the dark type.

I performed a quick test in the test room, using a single-element pokemon (grass-meganium-level 100)

And I compared darmanitanZ's fire bolt and Houndoom's Heat Crash.

DarmanitaZ [130]
22:12 Your Darmanitan deals 1548 damage to a Meganium.
22:12 Your Darmanitan deals 1538 damage to a Meganium.
22:12 Your Darmanitan deals 1544 damage to a Meganium.

= 4,630

Houndoom [130]
22:13 Your Houndoom deals 5204 damage to a Meganium.

There is a difference of 574 +/- hit points between them. And in order to make your second type more efficient with a target move, I'd like to suggest this.
Obviously, due to its ability to increase the damage of the launched moves, it might be necessary a better analysis not to make a move target so OP.

I'm a little out of time right now, sorry being so quickly and maybe not objective. So I just took Hondoom as a base comparison.

Thank you,

Kappa Prince

Reaction score
to be honest, there are a lot of mons that HAVE TO BE rebalanced. As you mentioned, DarmanitanZ is one of most balanced, why to change anything?

demzpacito

Reaction score
im not a pvp expert but i think trick's argument of being able to be used from distance is a bit weak given that darmanitan zen has blink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back