Welcome!

server location

Where server should be located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys, we are planning to change our server infrastructure during the next weeks, and we would like to know your opinion of the server location

Go back to Europe
Stay in NA (Canada)

Good sides of Europe:
* Polish/Spanish/Swedish/Turkish players will have less ping
* For Brazilian players it might be the same, since distances between Canada and France is similar.

Good sides of Canada:
*situation for Chilean, Venezuelan and Mexican players would not change, they would have the same ping as right now
* For Brazilian players it might be the same, since distances between Canada and France is similar.

Other sides:
- those players who play PAD for longer time than 10 months for sure know how was server in Europe and how is server in Canada. You can judge it by yourself.

Remember:
We will still offer proxies for players for a better play

Nymeria

Reaction score
i live on Brazil Northwest coast, CAN proxy sucks, EUR proxy sucks, only EUA1 works better. without proxy is really bad. idk what to say about those changes, gotta wait and test :s

paulosedric

Reaction score
Better stay in canada that way we all play with similar ping ;D

ps: i dont know if it's possible moneywise or if the players would agree but aint possible to make diamond or pearl a south american server and the other european? then u could make it possible to FREE transfer character for a period of time like its was possible to transfer from platinum a time ago

ps2: about the location of platinum who cares LOL kidding no hate <3 it could be open for a poll ;D

Last edited:

psych07

Reaction score
Better stay in canada that way we all play with similar ping ;D

ps: i dont know if it's possible moneywise or if the players would agree but aint possible to make diamond or pearl a south american server and the other european? then u could make it possible to FREE transfer character for a period of time like its was possible to transfer from platinum a time ago

ps2: about the location of platinum who cares LOL kidding no hate <3 it could be open for a poll ;D

agree with this, the community of south american players grow a lot!

sublime

Reaction score
Stay in NA (Canada) !!! Please
I preffer stay NA

huberto

Reaction score
I'm not using any proxy and I don't feel big difference unless lagg affects all players and is not ping related but server problems. The only difference, big difference I see is that when server was in Europe we had much less server related problems,laggs, freezes, kicks, etc. So I would vote for Europe if it can bring stable connection back.

andreina

Reaction score
f**k, i voted for canada when i wanted france
i need sleep :p
but when the server has moved to canada, a lot of people obtained a lot of freezes and lag

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not using any proxy and I don't feel big difference unless lagg affects all players and is not ping related but server problems. The only difference, big difference I see is that when server was in Europe we had much less server related problems,laggs, freezes, kicks, etc. So I would vote for Europe if it can bring stable connection back.

Is worth mentioning that when server was in europe, game content was smaller too, game systems, map, spawns, etc... As we grow we need more and more CPU power every time, thats part of the reason for migrating to new infrastructure.

My point; comparing when server was in europe vs current server is not fair, as game content was a lot smaller back then, we will never know how current gameservers would behave in our old server, but for sure it would be worse than the actual server.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
I will be living in Germany, so I guess Server in Europe would definitely help me. However, the proxy service is good so I don't think the location matters reallt THAT much

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
i live on Brazil Northwest coast, CAN proxy sucks, EUR proxy sucks, only EUA1 works better. without proxy is really bad. idk what to say about those changes, gotta wait and test :s

What is the northwestern coast of Brazil? Ecuador? :p

Back