• Other suggestion

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

huberto

Reaction score
I was a big fan of lvl 150 pokes long time ago, when leveling pokes was quite easy and enjoyable but then rebalance of exp stages happened and whole my entusiasm for this idea died. Nothing changed till now, so my vote goes for "no" and "other suggestion" at the same time.

What is going to change in game with this quest? Or not quest, because any new quest or anything new to do in general, is welcome, but main reward - leveling pokes to 150.

Nothing I would say, everything will stay exactly the same, you hit the new poke level cap and put them in depot for next few years till someone decide to increase max lvl cap to 170 or more. You are even planning to rebalance exp for pokes so leveling to 150 will be equal to current leveling to 130, it sounds like main reward for me will be repeating the task of leveling multiple pokemons I have to max lvl again, it is literally like downgrading all my 130 to 100-110 and level them to 130 again. Not realy something motivating.

I don't want to point out all my arguments because most of it was already said in this thread. Cant realy see any possitive aspects of leveling to 150, unless you put lvl requirement for quest 170 or 180+ so 130 idiots can't KS on cloned island. About KS part, I can see you repeating "150-200 dmg makes no difference", let me ask then why do you nerf every single pokemon that has even 100 dmg more than everage (example exeggutor's Leaf Storm) if it makes no difference :) Your glaceon example says it is 160 dmg difference in normal type enemy, so 320 in weakness. 200-400 better dmg with every spell makes big difference in terms of KS, believe me.

For "other suggestion" part.

You are planning to apply stats system, together with boosts, hold items, etc. You can use this quest not to raise pokemon max lvl to 150 but reward could be a chance to unlock special Pokemon Training. Lets say instead of 20 more levels we have to lvl up our pokemon, we would get a chance to train our pokemon 20 times, every training would give our pokemon an equivalent of 1 lvl up, requirement would be getting x (exp needed to advance for each lvl at 130+) experience with our pokemon, or some stat points to boost 1 or 2 chosen stats. That's just a suggestion which may show you more interesting way,

P.S. It is so good to see you working on another quest, 2 days after you added one to the game. This is great that you didn't stop working "cause of waiting for alola things" but you are doing other stuff meanwhile. It is also realy nice of you, that you are asking community opinion and not just add the quest and then answering big drama crying threads everywhere, and rebalancing your work. Just thanks once again for your efforts and improvements both in game and your mentality. Keep it up cause we are on a good way.

Last edited:

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
Duelers say gaming isnt only about exping but as far as I know its not only about dueling as well. Im not a dueler nor a rusher, Im a catcher but I do have pokes I dont use anymore cause they reached 130 and raising it to 150 would be great for me.

If the major problem is people being lazy (ye lazy) to lvl them up to 150 then level restrictions on tournments/duels would solve it, wouldnt they? I mean, max lvl of tournments would be 130 and whichever poke a player had above its lvl would be set to 130, pretty much like what occurs on Battle Institute on Nintendo games. This must be feasible, right coders?

And of course you could set those lvls for duels and same thing would happen

And if youre still complaining at this cause of bosses then bite me

Regards

medz

Banned user
Reaction score
And about people complaining about power abuse from high levels.. From my experience in Pearl and Platinum, its rather rare to have a high lvl ksing people. I can count in one hand the number of high lvl ksers on Platinum nowadays (by high lvl I mean lvl 170+) and on Pearl Ive always been respected even tho I had only 2 friends and no guild during 5 years playing there. I mean, people always respected me regardless of how known or respected I was on server. I dont know about Diamond but I suppose its worse since all ksers on Plat are from there but cant really tell.

So actually Inkos idea of setting high lvl requirements for this quest is good, and I would suggest to make it hard and team needed (there are assholes in Platinum waiting for WickEd to help them doing Palace quest until today)

diabolith

Reaction score
Well my vote is yes of course. Because? Still question this ??
A game does not revolve around pvp only ... keep creating accounts until lv 130 just to do quests that give money and buying pokes already lv 130 does not make sense no I want is more quests lv 140-150 e So goes up to 200-300 want is goals in the game ... Pvp ??
Ahhh would blab this ... it's nice a pvp but it gets boring, it gets tired, it becomes routine. If I wanted to routine I would go to a wedding and not to the PAD.
I totally support the incersion of objectives in the games and that with this new places of fighters are also implanted and not only the quest itself.
Where there are some quests grass water steel dark fairy and so on. Equal to Mandarin Mountain ??
We need news and not news for all ... news for Level higher ... quests that need pokemons lv 140-150 to open quests for characters lv 250-300 or up to 400 ...
I ask them ... people who Love pvp ... What's your motivation to play beyond pvp ??
And when they get tired of pvp they do what? Go to another game? Why not encourage new reasons to play besides get lv 130 do the quest of tm reflect and ready to repeat everything again?
Why not put a super quest lv 160-180 beyond the ones you already have ??
Do you need pokemons lv 140-150 to open them? Warm up the game market ... why not news ??
What is your fear of the news? Let's encourage ...
I besides putting pokemons lv 150 for yesterday, would still launch mega stones that only pokes lv 150 use these. Get out of this PvP bubble and think of the game as the whole! The game is not just between your pokemon and the pokemon of another person.
Remember this game was inspired by the game boy, in the game boy the biggest goal was what? Complete the Pokedex to explore all hours and in the end only at the end the game turns to pvp. So again I tell you, you want a good argument to make this implementation? are you there...

Comment coming from a Person playing and has been active in this game for 6 Years. I'm not much of a fan of getting into forum discussions and the like before it was very new and I was scared to say so, but I think I feel in my right as a player to state my opinion, the game needs news and urgently.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant realy see any possitive aspects of leveling to 150, unless you put lvl requirement for quest 170 or 180+ so 130 idiots can't KS on cloned island. About KS part, I can see you repeating "150-200 dmg makes no difference", let me ask then why do you nerf every single pokemon that has even 100 dmg more than everage (example exeggutor's Leaf Storm) if it makes no difference :) Your glaceon example says it is 160 dmg difference in normal type enemy, so 320 in weakness. 200-400 better dmg with every spell makes big difference in terms of KS, believe me.
We weren't nerfing exeggutor's leafstorm damage, because it was too strong, but because of damage cap that applies to every pokemon. We didn't see a reason to let exeggutor have higher damage than others, it's not a special pokemon or something (in term of cloned or shiny)
We haven't decided about required level. We want for sure to do quest by stages, lemme give you a little spoil to make you understand better.
"a Scientist called Diego was doing some experiments and found out a mixture to [...] However government of Celadon city didn't really like it, they tried to stop him. Also Team Rocket found their own interest in getting the mixture [...]
Diego's grandson realized that his grandpa disappeared [...] In the found letter of Diego we can assume, that there is list of ingredients needed to create the mixture [...] Diego has left his diaries all around the world. Every diary has a hint how to get each ingredient or where to find a map of a hidden ingredient." Of course every ingredient will be obtainable in different way, some will be hidden, but there will be a map of the place. Others will be obtainable from a special boss, NPC, Pokemon and bla bla bla.
To the point about stages - There will be 20 diaries, players will be able to start the mission at level X then find 5 books, to find 5 more, it will require higher level, then 5 more even higher etc. For example 150-155-160-165-170 (it's just example, because we haven't decided about it).

About damage difference, it's similarly in cloneds, some of them as well have 100-150 more. In case of higher level its dependant on damage gain per level. Usualy weaker spells have lower damage gain, so it's not like every spell would have 200 extra dmg.

huberto

Reaction score
About damage difference, it's similarly in cloneds, some of them as well have 100-150 more. In case of higher level its dependant on damage gain per level. Usualy weaker spells have lower damage gain, so it's not like every spell would have 200 extra dmg.

We can't realy compare 20 lvls difference in pokemon with Cloned or normal variant. Some time ago I have tested few cloneds to check how stupid are people who pay 30 times the price just for the different sprite color and a little better dmg and HP. What I found out is that cloneds have better dmg but with 2 or 3 spells, not their whole moveset. So:
- 20 levels of difference give us 100-150 dmg more but with every single spell, so it is + 1-1.5k, sometimes more, in total dmg output (up to 3k against weakness).
- Cloneds usually have 100-150 dmg more with 2-3 spells, so overall dmg output is 300-500 more (up to 1k against weakness).

It makes a little difference in KS cause not every cloned pokemon has boosted big AOE spells which we mostly use for KS. And every 150 pokemon would have it boosted. But the big difference would be seen in PVP, im not any master dueler but I can easily say that 1k HP and 1.5k dmg advantage is big enough to change whole duel.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
We can't realy compare 20 lvls difference in pokemon with Cloned or normal variant. Some time ago I have tested few cloneds to check how stupid are people who pay 30 times the price just for the different sprite color and a little better dmg and HP. What I found out is that cloneds have better dmg but with 2 or 3 spells, not their whole moveset. So:
- 20 levels of difference give us 100-150 dmg more but with every single spell, so it is + 1-1.5k, sometimes more, in total dmg output (up to 3k against weakness).
- Cloneds usually have 100-150 dmg more with 2-3 spells, so overall dmg output is 300-500 more (up to 1k against weakness).

It makes a little difference in KS cause not every cloned pokemon has boosted big AOE spells which we mostly use for KS. And every 150 pokemon would have it boosted. But the big difference would be seen in PVP, im not any master dueler but I can easily say that 1k HP and 1.5k dmg advantage is big enough to change whole duel.
Look, in fact only 2-3 spells have higher damage AT THE MOMENT (not all pokemons, cus some time ago Zelricks was reviewing/had to review and fix it up. It's fault of some older rebalancer Makarno, who was against cloneds being better, even tho admins didn't let him nerf it xd. If zelricks havent done it yet, then believe me or not, before they had extra dmg in every spell.

Ah btw, there's a test server. Everything can be easily tested, we could even open it for all players to see what's the difference etc.

Juangutierrez

Reaction score
Excellent idea if only PvE existed

They are making this too irritating, to me, it's too stressful, if you think that we all are like Selasor, knightmare, etc. They are wrong

For this type of decisions the people leave the game, not to mention that it would affect the pvp, they speak about many factors in the duel (HP, dmg, cloned, shiny, etc.) but actually they cannot understand it if they are not duelers

you want to do somethings for the game?

->Fix the bugs in duels
->choose good personnel for the rebalance(PvP and PvE)

the answer to the question is: NO, the worst idea

Lany

Tutors
Reaction score
A last comment

Zelricks™;353099 said:
We would like to know what's your opinion about it. If you agree or disagree, please give sense argument. Votes for NO, without explanations will be ignored.

Argument such as "no because ill have to level my whole collection of 300 pokemons" is weak.

Why is this reason good for "YES" and not for "NO"?
We aren't donate or papoi camper ppl (I really respect what you do with your time or money, really sorry)
But the people they want to motivate are not them.
In addition you thought that people with a collection of 300 pokemon would say "NO" and they say "YES", it is clear that you do not know what the players think. u.u

-

They are not being fair, they just want people to be bought by these "Good sides" and if I do not, they tell you why you are wrong and I am fine.
Putting on the "Bad sides: -leveling up your team once again, though 20 levels is not big deal. "A reason about pokemon 150
and in "Good Sides" implementations that can be put without the pokemon being "150" and not really what are the "Good Sides" of a pokemon 150

There is no logic, be congruent and just. :) :)
<3

In the end, you're the boss here. ^-^

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
A last comment

Why is this reason if it is good for "YES" and not for "NO"?
We aren't donate or papoi camper ppl (I really respect what I do with your time or money, really sorry)
But the people they want to motivate are not them.
In addition you thought that people with a collection of 300 pokemon would say "NO" and they say "YES", it is clear that you do not know what the players think. u.u

-

They are not being fair, they just want people to be bought by these "Good sides" and if I do not, they tell you why you are wrong and I am fine.
Putting on the "Bad sides: -leveling up your team once again, though 20 levels is not big deal. "A reason about pokemon 150
and in "Good Sides" implementations that can be put without the pokemon being "150" and not really what are the "Good Sides" of a pokemon 150

There is no logic, be congruent and just. :) :)
<3

In the end, you're the boss here. ^-^
There is no reason to be so mad.
If we are the ones, who want to implement that, then we don't need arguments for yes - because we know those arguments, yet people can give their own opinion.
in case of a "no", we need arguments, if you want to change our mind, that's quite obvious, isn't it?

Excellent idea if only PvE existed

They are making this too irritating, to me, it's too stressful, if you think that we all are like Selasor, knightmare, etc. They are wrong

For this type of decisions the people leave the game, not to mention that it would affect the pvp, they speak about many factors in the duel (HP, dmg, cloned, shiny, etc.) but actually they cannot understand it if they are not duelers

you want to do somethings for the game?

->Fix the bugs in duels
->choose good personnel for the rebalance(PvP and PvE)

the answer to the question is: NO, the worst idea
a) How can we fix duel bugs, if there's n1 reported?
b) I was dueling plenty of times, I don't do it anymore, because too busy with other stuff
c) You don't need to be Selasor, Knightmare or Sting to level 329482348 of pokes within 1 day. Who even said that you need to do it as fast as possible? Were you feeling as Selasor while leveling up pokes from 100 to 130? I don't think so ;)
d) You won't really need 1,5 year to level up 6 pokemons.

PS. Your "collection'' isn't that huge tho, 22 pookemons, and only 8 of them have level 130.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Well in my opinion the idea for lvling up pokemons to 150 lvl isn't bad. Such thing would make me use some of pokemons that have 130lvl for something more than taking 2-3 just to speed up lvling up character as fast as possible also idk maybe i'm weird but i don't see any problems with it even in duels, why? I think that such thing wouldn't affect me. Ofc someone can say that if there would be someone with whole team of 150lvl pokemons i would lose and sadly it would be lie. Duels depends on a lot things such as the way x person is able to move x pokemon to dodge x skill, they way x person is able to read someone move to reflect/protect/dodge (by using skills like fly attack), team composition and good choice of pokemons against enemy ones. Yes i can understand that if there would be person with skill equal to mine i could lose, but such thing would motivate myself to get better in order to destroy him next time (also i was dueling a lot with pokemons that didn't had 130 lvl and i didn't noticed any kind of problem that would make me lose duel, other than wrong pokemons pick).
But i know how others could feel about such thing, so maybe instead of giving chest at the end of quest place (like on 100+) there could be teleport that would take us to little room with some kind of technology that would allow us to boost our pokemon to x+. I think that with such thing there still could be lvl stages so 150lvl person won't be able to boost x pokemon to same + as 170lvl.

Scarfaces

Reaction score
I will not read all the arguments here, but first why a "no" deserves an explanation and a simple yes count ? my vote was NO for too many reasons, but im seeing that you guys have a reply for every "no" comment here so well... here's mine.

First the game would loose their essence, and who dont say that when we all have our pokes 150 some guys would start asking for 170-200 bla bla. I understand that updates and changes are always for good, but it doesnt have to be so extreme.

Also i think that this stuff will affect directly low levels mid levels and people who's not good at leveling pokes (like me) its hard for some of us to level in places like poi and blabla in my case i dont know why,so imagine this, some high levels would want to level their 200 pokemon to level 150, all the respawns would be broken now, and the others players would hunt in respawns for lower levels and blabla.
You guys said that with this will come new respawns etc. well i think you can make that without the need of leveling pokes to 150.

So this is my opinion i wrote it on the most respectful way that i could, i hope that the guys that are accepting this put some good arguments too. Cya

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
that I am answering on most of "no" arguments, that doesn't mean they are invalid or something like that. They still count - also as I said before, if we wanted, we could add it without asking anyone for opinion, but we are here doing it and trust me, if too many people will disagree, we'll not add the quest.

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
I hope that what will count the most will be the amount of comments made in favor or against the idea and not the votes, cause many people is just voting without saying any argument as the rules say.

Besides, i agree a lot with Dagugo's arguments, as he said, the pokemons leveled to 131-150 won't be used by chars which don't have this quest, many people have other chars to use them, so once again they'd be forced to lvl up characters and do a quest in order to use them again. Not a good thing at all.

Last edited:
A

Albuquerque

Many different ideas but I still have not seen anyone saying what would be the "good side" having pokemons level 150 and what would be the real motivation to have them 150.
What would be the benefit or motivation? I would like to support the idea or at least have a reason that makes me think on my opinions again.

We will always continue with the sameness or something else - same.
embark to depot on flight 150.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
Many different ideas but I still have not seen anyone saying what would be the "good side" having pokemons level 150 and what would be the real motivation to have them 150.
What would be the benefit or motivation? I would like to support the idea or at least have a reason that makes me think on my opinions again.

We will always continue with the sameness or something else - same.
embark to depot on flight 150.

Ahmm what about put the quest for pokes level 150 as requirement to do the quest for professions (I don't know about the bonus in professions, but could be bonus catch, items from juanito cheaper, etc), exclusives respawns to catch pokes, etc? I don't know what to suggest but for me, exp pokes that I really like is my motivation to exp them to lvl 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back