What's new

Welcome!

Pokémon Bond/Affection/Connection! (Afinidade Pokémon!)

Justified

Reaction score
Pokémon Bond/Affection/Connection! (Afinidade Pokémon!)

Connection (Bond/Affection) between Trainer and His Pokémon!

tumblr_mujbtnttDZ1s4ij6io1_500.png

I’ve been playing this game for some time now and i found PAdventures the best game of his kind on market. It is really awesome what have been made for this game, however, i also have seeing the lack (low amout of players) on some worlds and the dead platinum server.

The emptiness is caused, in my opinion, for a few reasons: difficulty to level up low level Pokémon to newbies¹, ANY kind of bond/affection between Pokémon and players² and the lack for diversity on Pokémon³. For me, if the STAFF can fix those problems, the game will grow to the heights!

On this topic, I will be talking about measures to try to fix some of those problems, but first, let me tell you guys a little history: I played this game for a lot of time and decided to invite some friends, cousins and brother to play with it. When they entered the game, the first bad thing they notice was the difficulty to level up LOW level Pokémon, but, it wasn’t the real problem, every Pokémon they tried to level up i had to say – Don’t level up this Pokémon, it isn’t worth, you can buy a level 100 for 1k.

They keeping asking me for 15 pokémon to level up and i had to keeping saying it was not worthing leveling up them. With the time, most of them (who I invited) was stopping playing. So, that is what I have to say, in this game (And every other PAD competitor) Pokémon are a mere object, an item to level up the character level, there is NO bonds or affection between Trainers and Pokémon. The few players that have the luxury to create a link of affection with his Pokémon are the rich ones, who can name and teach them OP tms.

So the post below will be to try to give some ideas to CREATE this kind of CONNECTION from Player and His Pokémon!

Last edited:

Justified

Reaction score
1. Encourage/stimulate leveling up Pokémon:

trainer-green-bulbasaur-caterpie.jpg

Why not reward those Pokémon who was leveled up? That is my first suggestion. How much a Pokémon leveled up (by leveling it up) will make a Pokemon stronger. Keep in mind that this influence isn’t THAT big, but must be worthed.

E.g: A Pokémon got at level 10, when he arrives at the level 130, he will be stronger than a Pokémon bought/caught at level 100.

This thing would be called Pokémon Affinity, and, won’t work if another player uses this “trained” Pokémon (Or, if it would ever be sold, this affinity could be reseted).

So, that’s the first idea. And, it is pretty logical. If you train a Pokémon, he will be stronger than that one you just caught. This tactic will instigate almost everyone to keep those Pokémon.

2. Pokémon diversity:

Another problem that makes the Pokémon become just items is the lack of a Pokémon diversity. And, there are few topics about it.

a- TMs accumulation:

super%20training.gif

(NEVER lose a TM again!)

What if a Pokémon could learn more than 2 tms? (Not at the same time, keeping using only 2 at the same time) It will estimulate players to continue using those Pokémon.

Frequently, i see people selling his Pokémon just because he learned an expensive TM (That ending up not being that good for that Pokémon) and will not be worthed to remove it to teach a new TM, so what we are obrigated to do? Sell this Pokémon to buy the same Pokémon, with no tms or with the TM we want.

So, what if a Pokémon could learn 1,2,3,4, Multiples TMS? Not at the same time, we would still only being able to use 2 at time, but we could go to a NPC that change those TMS LEARNED by that Pokémon (This system already exists on Pokémon world, it is the MOVE REMINDER).

So, with this thinking, the STAFF just have to create a NPC called TM REMINDER that would change both or one TM from that Pokémon to another TM he already knows (IT could cost itens, like GBA games – Big Mushroom or Hear Scales – Or could be changed by diamonds).

b- Differences between the same kind of Pokémon:

Skinnysnorlaxallofmywhat_de3fcb_4211751.png

(WHAAAT!??!?! A Thin Snorlax!...)

Why 2 Charizards have the same power, the same HP, the same damage, the same amount of tms, the sames moveset? Why not some being stronger and another weaker… That could a big deal, the DIVERSITY.

Someone already said in another topic about Pokémon nature. I will just reminder it. Pokémon Nature would be like a status that every Pokémon has, it is how they are, some are wise, some are naïve, some are timid... A Timid Pokémon would have less HP and more DAMAGE and so on... It is just an idea to diversify. Pokémon Nature could be "a thing", but it is no only that.

EDIT: Maybe, to bring out some diversity, each Pokémon could have 2 or 3 differents PASSIVES (Not simultaneously), and, when the Pokémon appears on the wild it wil be randomly generated. So we could get a Typhlosion¹ from a Jotho Box 3, with passive RAGE, but we also can catch a Typhlosion with another different PASSIVE.

Another idea to get the diversity is to invest on the PASSIVES (Trying to get like Pokémon Abilities) on the acctual system. Why not create unique PASSIVES for every Pokémon? For example: Gengar could have Levitate: Turning him immune to ground moves. Snorlax could have the PASSIVE Thick Fat: Giving the resistance to fire and ice moves... Those ideas already existis on the Pokémon world, they are called "Abilities" and almost every Pokémon has one differente for other.

To finish, those changes will try to fix the Pokémon-itens situation, allowing every Pokémon to be unique in his own way and, consequently, making the Trainer trying to keep his Pokémon.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Why not reward those Pokémon who was leveled up? That is my first suggestion. How much a Pokémon leveled up (by leveling it up) will make a Pokemon stronger. Keep in mind that this influence isn’t THAT big, but must be worthed.

E.g: A Pokémon got at level 10, when he arrives at the level 130, he will be stronger than a Pokémon bought/caught at level 100.

This thing would be called Pokémon Affinity, and, won’t work if another player uses this “trained” Pokémon (Or, if it would ever be sold, this affinity could be reseted)
We like this idea and I guess we will try to consider it for starter pokemons (the one you receive while creating new character) + find possible solution for people who kicked their starters before.
After you wrote this thread, we thought about doing a mini "quest" that would allow players to get 1 starter from every region, one that is not available at website, and of course it would be limited to just few Pokemons. That means, if Player A received starter pokemon from kanto while creating character, he will be also able to do "mini quest" to get another started from a johto (for example a chikorita or hoothoot) and hoenn region (after introducing hoenn).

About the boost, We don't know yet how would it look like, maybe similarly to cloneds (After their rebalance) or little bit less damage.

And for people who will disagree giving arguments such as "noo, why dmg similar to cloneds!!!! it should not get any boost bla bla bla". Exping starter pokemon from level 10 to 100+ takes a lot of effort, I would say even more than spending balls on cloned island, when usualy pokes have 80+ level there (talking about toise/zard/venu)

Else, we wouldn't allow player to sell it, the pokemon would be only possible to be used by themselves. I guess it would give motivation for low level players to keep leveling their starters instead of abandon.

Last edited:

Grayfoox

Reaction score
I was going to suggest this today xDDD

I like the idea to add this to starters :p

agreed

waramus2

Reaction score
I don't like the natures idea, but agree with the affection system for all pokemon, also duel could be more interesting as not everyone will use the same pokes.

Jose Antonio

Reaction score
(1. Encourage/stimulate leveling up Pokémon) its the only one that sound amazing, the third point could destroy the server because all pokemons be te same ever, will be weird see a skinny snorlax, i mean snorlax since ever was fatty also to many pokemon but the first idea was amazing so many characters could lvl up pokes and lvl up your favorite pokemon and make it op

kirius

Reaction score
there are fewer people playing and I think you are aware of that. the idea is not bad, but not to call the attention of the players. Consider a point would implement a mission where pokemon level may rise more than 130.

Justified

Reaction score
We like this idea and I guess we will try to consider it for starter pokemons (the one you receive while creating new character) + find possible solution for people who kicked their starters before.
After you wrote this thread, we thought about doing a mini "quest" that would allow players to get 1 starter from every region, one that is not available at website, and of course it would be limited to just few Pokemons. That means, if Player A received starter pokemon from kanto while creating character, he will be also able to do "mini quest" to get another started from a johto (for example a chikorita or hoothoot) and hoenn region (after introducing hoenn).

About the boost, We don't know yet how would it look like, maybe similarly to cloneds (After their rebalance) or little bit less damage.

And for people who will disagree giving arguments such as "noo, why dmg similar to cloneds!!!! it should not get any boost bla bla bla". Exping starter pokemon from level 10 to 100+ takes a lot of effort, I would say even more than spending balls on cloned island, when usualy pokes have 80+ level there (talking about toise/zard/venu)

Else, we wouldn't allow player to sell it, the pokemon would be only possible to be used by themselves. I guess it would give motivation for low level players to keep leveling their starters instead of abandon.

Good to know that the STAFF are listing and thinking in new ways. That's Awsome!
My dream would be that EVERY Pokémon would have this connection/affection with the user, not only the Starter, but i see your point and the difficulty to add this system to all Pokémon.

(1. Encourage/stimulate leveling up Pokémon) its the only one that sound amazing, the third point could destroy the server because all pokemons be te same ever, will be weird see a skinny snorlax, i mean snorlax since ever was fatty also to many pokemon but the first idea was amazing so many characters could lvl up pokes and lvl up your favorite pokemon and make it op

The skinny Snoralx is just a "joke", the real difference would be diffrent moves or tms for the same Pokémon, or even different power, hp... But i understand your point of view.
But, later i could edit the post and remove the "bad idea", i will think on it later.

there are fewer people playing and I think you are aware of that. the idea is not bad, but not to call the attention of the players. Consider a point would implement a mission where pokemon level may rise more than 130.

You are not seeing the big picture. If the STAFF add/raise the max level to 150, ppl will only the HIGHER levels would play again... and, 1,3, 6 months later, the same problem will appear again...
We need to bring the attention to NEW PLAYERS, that what i think.

Last edited:

Dark Raze

Reaction score
a- TMs accumulation:

super%20training.gif

(NEVER lose a TM again!)

What if a Pokémon could learn more than 2 tms? (Not at the same time, keeping using only 2 at the same time) It will estimulate players to continue using those Pokémon.

Frequently, i see people selling his Pokémon just because he learned an expensive TM (That ending up not being that good for that Pokémon) and will not be worthed to remove it to teach a new TM, so what we are obrigated to do? Sell this Pokémon to buy the same Pokémon, with no tms or with the TM we want.

So, what if a Pokémon could learn 1,2,3,4, Multiples TMS? Not at the same time, we would still only being able to use 2 at time, but we could go to a NPC that change those TMS LEARNED by that Pokémon (This system already exists on Pokémon world, it is the MOVE REMINDER).

So, with this thinking, the STAFF just have to create a NPC called TM REMINDER that would change both or one TM from that Pokémon to another TM he already knows (IT could cost itens, like GBA games – Big Mushroom or Hear Scales – Or could be changed by diamonds).

agree with the idea, some system like "TM switch" a Pokemon having more than 2 TM's with a max of 4, Can use 2 of them at once

kirius

Reaction score
Good to know that the STAFF are listing and thinking in new ways. That's Awsome!
My dream would be that EVERY Pokémon would have this connection/affection with the user, not only the Starter, but i see your point and the difficulty to add this system to all Pokémon.

The skinny Snoralx is just a "joke", the real difference would be diffrent moves or tms for the same Pokémon, or even different power, hp... But i understand your point of view.
But, later i could edit the post and remove the "bad idea", i will think on it later.

You are not seeing the big picture. If the STAFF add/raise the max level to 150, ppl will only the HIGHER levels would play again... and, 1,3, 6 months later, the same problem will appear again...
We need to bring the attention to NEW PLAYERS, that what i think.

I do not think this idea achieves call attention to new players, to be honest level up pokemon is boring and just to gain a little more strength in the pokemon I do not find it worthwhile.

I think we should focus on drawing attention to the players who have left the game and ask, because did they go ?.

your idea is not bad, but once achieved my goal, to get on my pokemon to level 130, what next ?. back to top

I think the best idea would be to implement the mission, in which the pokemon are not limited to level up. as it is with our character

Reaction score
what will happen if we still have a starting pokemon, it will have an extra power too? or only the news from quest?

Justified

Reaction score
I do not think this idea achieves call attention to new players, to be honest level up pokemon is boring and just to gain a little more strength in the pokemon I do not find it worthwhile.

I think we should focus on drawing attention to the players who have left the game and ask, because did they go ?.

your idea is not bad, but once achieved my goal, to get on my pokemon to level 130, what next ?. back to top

I think the best idea would be to implement the mission, in which the pokemon are not limited to level up. as it is with our character

i respect your opinion, but i do not agree with you.

BUT, i find your idea to unlimited lvl for pokes is also very good, and my idea can work with unlimited level for pokes too.

And, another thinking. Why ppl play still play nintendo Pokémon after all those years? The max level is also 100... The reason is they have lots of things to do besides leveling up, they can train his pokes, they try to catch them all, they do a lot of thinks, but that's only what i think, not what IS right.

Thx for ur comment.

Last edited:

kirius

Reaction score
i respect your opinion, but i do not agree with you.

BUT, i find your idea to unlimited lvl for pokes is also very good, and my idea can work with unlimited level for pokes too.

And, another thinking. Why ppl play still play nintendo Pokémon after all those years? The max level is also 100... The reason is they have lots of things to do besides leveling up, they can train his pokes, they try to catch them all, they do a lot of thinks, but that's only what i think, not what IS right.

Thx for ur comment.

I do not know what things they can do, I just know they choose, which attacks to teach your pokemon and that means that there is much diversity xd

Justified

Reaction score
I do not know what things they can do, I just know they choose, which attacks to teach your pokemon and that means that there is much diversity xd

Exactly, choosing attacks should be on Padventures too, love the idea. Maybe will post something about it later...

Back