What's new

Welcome!

PA Balls Test

Anderlm90

Reaction score
I created a topic on the Scyther in safari, saying it was impossible to capture because the respawn was slow, and that Saffari ball was just a normal pokeball.

Many questioned me, saying that Saffari ball is like a super ball. I was curious and decided to test.

I made a simple but effective test. I took 200 of each ball. And I went fishing, throwing in minor common pokemon. Goldeen, Horsea, Krabby, and Poliwag Tentacool.

But to my surprise the ball Saffari proved worse than a normal pokeball.

See below.

Portugues

Criei um topico sobre o scyther no safari, falando que estava impossivel de capturar pois o respawn era lento, e que a saffari ball era apenas uma pokeball normal.

Muitos me questionaram, dizendo que saffari ball é igual a uma super ball. Fiquei curioso, e resolvi testar.

Fiz um simples, porem eficaz teste. Peguei 200 de cada ball. E fui pescar, tacando somenes nos pokemons comuns. Goldeen, horsea, krabby, poliwag e tentacool.

Porem pra minha surpresa a saffari ball se mostrou pior que uma pokebola normal.

Vejam a seguir.

There were rumors that the UB and Saffari, were buggy. But I could come that there is nothing wrong with UB. She even was very good.

But now Saffari, badly needs to be revised or given proper explanations.

Thanked now.
Portugues

Haviam boatos que a UB e a Saffari, estavam bugadas. Porem pude porvar que nao há nada de errado com UB. Ela até se mostrou muito boa.

Mas já a Saffari, precisa urgentemente ser revista ou dada devida explicações.

Agradecido desde já.

Last edited:

Roth

Banned user
Reaction score
Interesting.. I have been told that Saffari Ball was 3x (same catch rate as Super Ball).
I have never tested it though

alek

Reaction score
Not sure about what i'm about to say, but i think that fished pokemon in safari were made harder to catch, because people reported that since safari ball is x3 and only costs 10 dollar per ball, tons of people were going into the safari just to fish and to get a lot of profit. Again, i'm not sure.

Anderlm90

Reaction score
Probabily, But its hard sistem to make, only fish pokes in saffari litle rate catch. I not believe

Wait staff replys

Dirtycockies

Banned user
Reaction score
Agreed with what? lol ? Agreeing with the fact that saffari does not catch water pokemons that easily? I think this thread ain't Suggestion for you to be agreeing or disagreeing.

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
Today i tried to fish in saffari zone too, I thought, if a saffari ball is 3x like a super ball, but is more cheap, then is a excelent idea to pay saffari and fish there, the chance to get fished pokemons is more than using pb or gb.

But this fact proved to be a fake, i've used 90 saffari balls in minor fishing pokemons(poliwag, horsea, goldeen, krabby and tentacool) and i caught only 9 pokemons

90 saffari balls = 9 hd
9 pokemons caught, 2 hd each = 18 hd

Resuming, using a saffari ball is liek using a pokeball or a great ball, because commonly using pokeball or great ball, my profit is the double of what i've wasted, i waste 9 hd in balls, my profit is 18 hd.

If saffari ball really is 3x i should catch at least 20-30 pokemons

Dirtycockies

Banned user
Reaction score
Today i tried to fish in saffari zone too, I thought, if a saffari ball is 3x like a super ball, but is more cheap, then is a excelent idea to pay saffari and fish there, the chance to get fished pokemons is more than using pb or gb.

But this fact proved to be a fake, i've used 90 saffari balls in minor fishing pokemons(poliwag, horsea, goldeen, krabby and tentacool) and i caught only 9 pokemons

90 saffari balls = 9 hd
9 pokemons caught, 2 hd each = 18 hd

Resuming, using a saffari ball is liek using a pokeball or a great ball, because commonly using pokeball or great ball, my profit is the double of what i've wasted, i waste 9 hd in balls, my profit is 18 hd.

If saffari ball really is 3x i should catch at least 20-30 pokemons

you just repeated what anderl said...

D

Deleted_Koob

Thanks for testing, there was rumors about UB ( that its bugged), players didnt believe our words, your test proven that there is nothing wrong with UB.
Also I will check rates of Saffari ball. Again thanks for testing.

Maritos

Honorary Members
Reaction score
Ps: i UsE 3 saffari ball for catch one magikarp

This is so wrong haha. I always get one with gb when a miss :p

Well, I didn't knew Saffari Ball was 10dl, so fishing in Saffari would be really better, if 3x. This is wrong too.

infix

Reaction score
i propose that water pokes on saffari should be catched only with normal balls and not with saffari balls, then gms can fix them and wouldn't worry if ppl want to catch water pokes and abuse of them (if it is really bugged)

Dencio

Reaction score
scary rates!!

ON: I agree with that rates when comes to scyther, hes the best poke ingame i think, too much power, and rarest to see :]

Viblix

Reaction score
I just have a question.. the pokemons have diferent rate to catch by the level.. the pokemon or what? or only by the pokeballs U_U? maybe that can be the diference between pokeballs too :/

Roth

Banned user
Reaction score
I do not fully understand you, but higher level pokemon of the same species are harder to catch.
Example: a Ponyta level 26 is harder to catch than a Ponyta level 16

Back