What's new

Welcome!

Number of simultaneous tasks

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Hello,

currently, no matter what is the level of your character, you are always limited to 1 NPC task and 2 TM tasks. (not mentioning the 8 daily tasks that can be taken together because they are parf of other system). If I am not wrong, these tasks are far from being profitable to be done alone (almost always is easier to make cash and buy what you want), and the fact that we need to finish them to start other is very limitating, for example we end up killing a lot more of pokemons that will not count to any task. About NPC tasks we have tasks in kanto, johto, akala, melemele, etc and problably more is coming. About TM tasks, besides they requiring to kill a huge amount of pokes and collecting items, if you drop a TM in middle of process, the task ends. So, my suggestion is to allow characters to get extra NPC and TMs tasks, maybe one more at level 150 or 200, and another at 300.

Dagugo

Reaction score
Well, remember that TM task system was add in purpose to "help" people that arent enough lucky to get loot of TMs, so making able to take more than 2 could be kinda abusable, the limitation i guess is with the intention that you dont get everything easy, cuz for example with more task at the same time you will make like 5 points + 3 TMs + cash (small but still cash) from just one respawn, in my opinion this limitation is fine and should stay.

Tsotss

Reaction score
Well, remember that TM task system was add in purpose to "help" people that arent enough lucky to get loot of TMs, so making able to take more than 2 could be kinda abusable, the limitation i guess is with the intention that you dont get everything easy, cuz for example with more task at the same time you will make like 5 points + 3 TMs + cash (small but still cash) from just one respawn, in my opinion this limitation is fine and should stay.

What about Lost Warderer (or something like this), Johto tasks, Kanto as well, which rewards aren't high, then having possibility killing 2 or 3 at the same time would encourage some people to making them. Even tasks for fishing would be more practic.
But I agree abouTM tasks, 2 are fine imo.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Why one npc from a continent would not give you a task because you took a task with other npc in another continent? My suggestions are what I think would be improvements to the game, the players would have more options to alternate their hunts while still doing their tasks. If you are only able to take 1 task at time, there not much strategy, there is no way of choosing wisely tasks and hunts that combine, and since these ones from NPC do not give anything valuable and most of them require killing very newbie pokemon, I think it would be good...

The level restriction suggested is to not give everything easy to everyone. Once you reach the level requirements you are nothing winning anything immediately on the spot, just an ability to make tasks more efficient, what I believe would make the game more dynamic and funny. I don't consider the TM tasks easy, the better ones require killing from 10000 to 15000 of a single pokemon. I am not asking for changing tasks so that they become easier, just giving more options to players. For example, I am at 2371/8000 absols and 3486/7000 hitmonlee killed, if at least would be possible to save the progress of these tasks and activate 2 other tasks it would be more interesting... "You have a token of 25% complete of TM Feint" xP

demzpacito

Reaction score

Sorry for offtopic but this reminded me that some pokes that we have to kill on TM tasks dont drop the respective TM:

Wartortle - TM003 Water Pulse
Gardevoir - TM004 Psycho Cut
Flygon and Dragonite - TM007 Draco Meteor
Bayleef - TM022 Solar Beam
Kadabra - TM029 Psychic
Quilava - TM038 Fire Blast
Dragonair - TM043 Dragon Pulse

I believe something should be done about it, right?

@Topic
A really long time ago we were free to get as many tasks as we wanted. I dont know why it's changed (was retired by then) but I believe it must have a purpose (even tho back then not everything had a purpose xd). I suppose it was to make thing harder (like going for a resp to do 4 tasks at once was kinda nonsense indeed). But I also believe that after all this time we can agree that allowing 2 simultaneous tasks wont make things too much easier.. for example: I suspect we might get a good reward from finishing alolan tasks (maybe a couple of zygarde cells or whatever) so I'm grinding it. But to finish Melemele's I have to kill 3x1k of each type of Lycanroc. Thats 9k of them. If i could get 2 tasks simultaneously I'd still have to stay a considerable amount of time at the resp but much more reasonable imo

Cesittos

Reaction score
Hello,

currently, no matter what is the level of your character, you are always limited to 1 NPC task and 2 TM tasks. (not mentioning the 8 daily tasks that can be taken together because they are parf of other system). If I am not wrong, these tasks are far from being profitable to be done alone (almost always is easier to make cash and buy what you want), and the fact that we need to finish them to start other is very limitating, for example we end up killing a lot more of pokemons that will not count to any task. About NPC tasks we have tasks in kanto, johto, akala, melemele, etc and problably more is coming. About TM tasks, besides they requiring to kill a huge amount of pokes and collecting items, if you drop a TM in middle of process, the task ends. So, my suggestion is to allow characters to get extra NPC and TMs tasks, maybe one more at level 150 or 200, and another at 300.

Indeed We should be able to select more tasks same time. i Agree with that. So many times i canceled somethin cause i gave up or was bored to focus on that task that moment... Tm ones being able to select more TMs by your level rank sounds fair.

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
The old task system is a legacy system from the very early years of padventures, afaik it was always limited to two, changing it now would be a hassle for everything involved in the system so most likely it won't change, we will try to add different new tasks but changing a legacy system no

Back