What's new

Welcome!

Noivern / Shiny Noivern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wonder if you could do some reviewing on this pkm. Honestly, it's still an interesting pkm, but it's still a little tricky to deal with your current list of moves, with regard to hunting and even PVP.

My idea for Noivern (normal one) would be:

Replace Air shot for Thuder Fang - I thought in this one due the fact of it be a target-paralizing stunning which would help in PVP situations when you are in needed of using any move from afar or who needs this "distance" a cool example of that is dual chop.

Replace dragon rage for Air Drop - guess this one seems kinda more useful and better for noivern flying side what says about targetting.

I thought about you replacing steel winf by shadow claw or then apply a change in steel wing formula, maybe making it similar to fury swipes one? I know that change it for shadow claw wouldn't be so interesting once steel wing helps it in its weeakness, but i would like to let this idea for you .. :c

replace clanging scales for acrobatics ...

and maybe add Absorb to its passive.

so, it would be smth like:

wing attack
clanging scales / acrobatics
dragon pulse
thunder fang
dual chop
Air drop
Moonlight
steel wing/shadow claw
hurricane
dragon storm
sonic bomb - passive

Shiny Noivern

clanging scales for substitute

fly for air blast

brick break for super sonic

hurricane for defog

dragon storm for dragon dance

moonlight for sonic bomb

Wing attack - passive

Absorb
clanging scales/ substitute
dragon pulse
fly/ air blast
dual chop
dragon rage
moonlight/ sonic bomb
brick break / super sonic
hurricane / defog
dragon storm / dragon dance
wing attack - passive

Well, i know that some of those moves are added to its tmset, but once most of them were recently added and guessing most of ppl still haven't added them to noivern tmset, guess it wouldnt be a problem at all. Even having some ppl which has already did it, allow to extract it, wouldn't afect the economy, IMO. Another suggestion too, would be cool if you could give an incresement to noivern speedness.

Last edited:

Nepugia

Reaction score
For normal noivern I like the idea of having thunder fang instead of air shot, and air drop instead of dragon rage, but everything else he doesn't need.
Acrobatics would need new sprites, and doesn't really fit his theme, also you'd be removing his only Stun for a dodge
Shadow Claw doesn't fit in his moveset, in the games he can learn it as TM, and in PA it's better if it stays in his TM learnset too, it doesn't cover weaknesses and doesn't even help with leveling.
Sonic Boom sucks as an attack, like a worse normal-type bubblebeam, even if it fits him, the attack sucks.
Since absorb is one of Shiny Noivern's shiny moves, I don't really agree on giving it to normal Noivern

for Shiny noivern i really don't agree with any of the changes you suggested, first of all Shinies can only have 3 moves that are different from normal version
sonic boom is a very bad attack and you're removing his heal for it
super sonic is a single-target stun that doesn't affect ghosts and brick is what makes him "special"
removing the only other stun he has on his moveset for substitute i think is a bad idea, usually in duels or leveling, a heal and a stun is better than a protection (like ludicolo)

and changing his normal areas for even bigger areas is something the staff doesn't really like to do, dragon storm is way better than dragon dance, it also doesn't fit noivern

Giving him thunder fang is 10/10 though

Jonasz Koran Mekka

Reaction score
Noivern is actually pretty decent as it is it aint op, but isn't weak as well some minor change like single spell would be alright (thunder fang as above) but he doesnt need any major changes.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like other people say noivern and shiny one do not need changes they are good as they are (also how replacing brick break aka a counter to one of the weaknesses for super sonic would be good).
By the way about steel wing with "fury swipes formula" you might not know about it but such thing exist its called Magnetic Shock.
So rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back