What's new

Welcome!

Mystery at the Lighthouse [Quest Idea].

Obreviate

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm comming here for share with you all an idea related with a quest already existent in P.A [Lighthouse]
I believe most of us have watched the episode where Ash, Misty, Broke, Bill and The rocket team are surprised by the appearance of the Ancestral Dragonite.

The quest

Step 1 [Quest Introdution] Required level 100 [Must have done Elemental Quest]:

The quest will start at the lighthouse from Scientist NPC (Bill or choice another name) in Olivine, where the same has reported that the rocket team, after the first appearance of the Ancestral Dragonite Would have identified the escape route of the legendary pokemon and they are trying to catch it.

The NPC will ask for your help to try stop them.

[You must create a dialogue NPC/Player I'm not good with these things].

Step 2:

Scientist NPC (?): Suspicion that the great bosses from rocket team have a parchment and they have divided this parchment in parts to keep him safe, but each part from this parchment are scattered for whole Johto continent. From this way they could to study the ancestral dragonite and try to catch it.

Mission: Keep a chatting with a new "Officer NPC" saying about the possible and awful new rocket team plane.

For example:

Me: Hi
Officer NPC: Hello
Me: new rocket team plane
Officer NPC: bla bla bla

The officer will give you information about each boss from rocket team (this informations could come like a puzzles to be deciphered).
After that, search for the NPCs, duel with them and win to gather all the parts from the parchment. (the appearance from Boss NPC could be per hour like elite four quest [New boss NPCs, Ofc]).

- Take each part from parchment and bring to the Scientist NPC.

- Report it.

- Completed the first two steps.

- Reward: Exp points.

Step 3: Study the behavior of the Dragons - Required Level: 110+

The scientist NPC (?), will tell you that for several days he was studying the behavior of the dragon pkm type and pkms that have similar characteristics to this type, to be able to face the legendary pkm, then he asks you to do the same.

Mission: Defeat 200 Charizards, 200 Gyarados, 100 Kingdra, 100 Dragonite.

- Report to scientist npc.

- Completed the third step.

Reward: Exp points.

Step 4: "The experience of those who have seen" - Required Level 110 +

Scientist NPC (?), is impressed of how much you are strong, due you have defeated all those pkms, and would like you to study more, along with someone who has seen ancestral dragonite.

- Mission: Scientist NPC tell to you keep a chatting with Cynthia (new npc).

- After talking to Cynthia, she asks you to face Ash Ketchum, but she asks you to ask Prof. Oak his whereabouts, because no one knows where the Great Pallet Hero is.

- After talking with Prof. Oak, he says that Ash is in the Colliseum (Viridian) and is not dueling with anyone else, since it is in a great mission. And he (Prof. Oak) says that Ash and Harrison already talked a lot about the Ancestral Dragonite, and if you want to learn and to face this "monster" Harrison is the right person.

- Back to Scientist NPC (?) and report it.

- Completed the fourth step

Step 5: The Great Researcher pkm - Required Level: 120+

- After reporting this to the Scientist NPC, he will tell you that Harrison is reliable and has become a great researcher. And it would be a great idea if you challenge him, to learn more about the ancestral Dragonite.

- The Scientist NPC, will ask you to talk to ash, to know the whereabouts of his friend.

- Find Harrison, duel with him.

- Harrison's pkms: Houndoom Lvl 120 / Blaziken Lvl 120 / Sneasel Lvl 120 / Miltank Lvl 120 / Hypno Lvl 120 / Steelix Lvl 120

- If you win, Harrison will gives you a unic item to prove Scientist NPC (?) (A Piece of Ancestral Dragonite’s Scale)

- Back to Scientist NPC and report it.

- Completed the fifth step.

Step 6: Special Items

- NPC Scientist (?) Now has great confidence in you. But is concerned that if Rocket Team has found the Great Dragonite and have enraged him, nothing can stop him and the whole Johto continent will be in risk. Then he prompts to you bring him some special items to create a potion that will calm him.

- Mission: 20 Dragonite Wing, 50 Gyarados Tail, 40 Charizard Wing,10 Dragonair tail e 8 Aerodactyl Wing.

- After delivery of all items, NPC Scientist (?) Says it will use the same to create the potion. Meanwhile he asks you to ask for help to Captain of the ship who makes the route Olivine x Cianwood, to find the route of the Ancestral Dragonite.

- Completed this part.

- Reward: You will get exp points, maybe some cash from scientist npc.

Step 7: Lance's Help (Elite Four) - Required - have done Elite Four Quest.

- The captain will tell you have known Lance (elite four), a master pkm, expert in dragon pkm type and says that lance could help it better than him.

- Back to Scientist NPC (?), report it

- then Scientist NPC (?) will ask you to find lance and get more information about the Ancestral Dragonite.

- Find Lance, chatting with him, lance will ask you for a prove if you really know about dragon pkms (In this part have won the elite four is enough).

- After that Lance will gives you a unic item that will helps on the potion to calm down the ancestral dragonite (Dragonite Fluid)

- Back to Scientist NPC (?) bring him the Dragonite fluid, after that he will have finished the potion(Ancestral Dragonite’s Potion), but he says that the potion will work better if the Ancestral Dragonite is unconscious.

- And you will get the potion, of course.

- The Scientist NPC (?) will tell you that he was analyzed the parchment and found the route and know where the ancestral Dragonite is located. Then he will tells you ask for help from the Captain of ships in Olivine/ Cianwood again and show you the parchment (map), then the captain will take you to this route.

- You will get the parchment/map also, of course.

Last Step: Underwater – Ancestral Dragonite’s place - Required Level 130 +

- Create this place (could be near of cianwood, "a dive", maybe a tower divided by rooms. the access to the tower would be from the top to down, reaching the last floor, where is located the Ancestral Dragonite.

- Will be possible to enter there, only player that have completed the previous steps.

- 1st floor: Be full of water and dragon pkms types, Level 30 - 60

- 2st floor: Be with dragon pkms level 60- 100, maybe some dragonairs and dragonites.

- 3st floor: Nothing! But you will find the rocket team defeated. They will tell you that this pkm is very powerful and deliver to you a unic item, for you access the room where the ancestral Dragonite is located (A Dragon Key).

- 4st floor: Be full of water/dragon pkms 100 + Dragonite, Dragonair, Kingdra, etc .. this respaw could be fast.

- Last floor: The Ancestral Dragonite, about his power it could be like the power from the khanzo's pkms. ( red gya, crystal onix, elder zard, etc ) This would make possible that the quest could be done only for one player. If it is absolutely strong the quest could be made by a team of players, where everyone would get the Dragon Key and all them access the room, to try kill the ancestral dragonite.

- after leaving the ancestral Dragonite unconscious, take the Ancestral Dragonite's Potion and use on him.

- Will be available on the same floor an exit that will take everyone to the surface.

- Back to Scientist NPC, bring to him the Dragon key and you will get your reward.

- Reward: A Random TM, just with TMs dragon tipe. Or TM Case (?), Cash, I don't know.

Ps: All this is an idea and can be changed; For example I used the lighthouse, but could be other place, a laboratory maybe.

Anyway, give us your opinion, if something is confuse, tell me and i will try to clarify all.

Special thanks to my friend Jonathan Pires

Last edited:

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Disagree with pokes 30-100, is a quest, not a place for catch.

I didn't read it all, because is too long, but it looks kinda boring and "Ancestral Dragonite" like Khanzo's pokes is also boring imo

Last edited:

Obreviate

Reaction score

I didn't read it all, because is too long, but it looks kinda boring and "Ancestral Dragonite" like Khanzo's pokes is also boring imo

This isn't boring, just read xD
about pkms 30 - 100 in this place/room nobody will be there trying to catch it, because once you do this quest you will not be able to back/access there again or even that it is possible i don't see any problem with it, papoi is a nice example for this, 150 + etc .. but as i said somethings could be changed, don't be mad just read the post xD

Last edited:

Sheeper

Reaction score

9QsUs9D.jpg

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
This isn't boring, just read xD
about pkms 30 - 100 in this place/room nobody will be there trying to catch it, because once you do this quest you will not be able to back/access there again or even that it is possible i don't see any problem with it, papoi is a nice example for this, 150 + etc .. but as i said somethings could be changed, don't be mad just read the post xD
Don't be paranoic, i'm not mad nor disagree with the idea, i didn't read all because i'm on my cellphone.

You should know already, if the reward is not enough, people won't finish the quest to keep going to catch pokemons, you want rooms "full" of dragon pokes 30-100, so it will be easy to got there just to catch, so imo pokes should be 130 there to make it harder + a team needed to kill that Dragonite, otherwise it will just be another boring and easy quest. I'm agree with make quests based on movies/history of pokemon, but not easy ones.

Obreviate

Reaction score
Don't be paranoic, i'm not mad nor disagree with the idea, i didn't read all because i'm on my cellphone.

You should know already, if the reward is not enough, people won't finish the quest to keep going to catch pokemons, you want rooms "full" of dragon pokes 30-100, so it will be easy to got there just to catch, so imo pokes should be 130 there to make it harder + a team needed to kill that Dragonite, otherwise it will just be another boring and easy quest. I'm agree with make quests based on movies/history of pokemon, but not easy ones.

Calm down torment, I'm joking with you, about "mad" anyway I get it my limits with you, sorry.
Anyway, on the thread's end I said that's an idea and it is open for others ideas/suggestions as you suggested.

@thread
Well, if you can and want keep giving your opinion, suggestion .. Just let's try to avoid jokes that will be transformed in fight, or something else.

Last edited:

Sheeper

Reaction score
And you has to be an idiot?

Oh, How respectful attitude from a tutor, I hope others will take it as example lol. Looks like you really can't take anything on yourself, I just couldn't see a point in calling a quest "boring" while you didn't even read it all because "it was too much text", plx XD.
How do you want to criticise sth that you didn't even fully read? And instead of just reading it and then commenting you called me an idiot, congratulations.
If you were on a cellphone and you weren't able to read whole you should give up on commenting and wait till you'll be able to comment it well, it's not a race dude...

PS "Lots of dragon pokes 30-60lvls"... Im kinda against tons of dratinies walking around :p

Last edited:

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
Oh, How respectful attitude from a tutor, I hope others will take it as example lol. Looks like you really can't take anything on yourself, I just couldn't see a point in calling a quest "boring" while you didn't even read it all because "it was too much text", plx XD.
How do you want to criticise sth that you didn't even fully read? And instead of just reading it and then commenting you called me an idiot, congratulations.
If you were on a cellphone and you weren't able to read whole you should give up on commenting and wait till you'll be able to comment it well, it's not a race dude...

PS "Lots of dragon pokes 30-60lvls"... Im kinda against tons of dratinies walking around :p
You should expect the same respect you give, i readed like 80% of it and was enough, because i was busy, later i finished reading and it was what i expected, an easy quest and something that people will abuse of.

Reactions: SF

Zecao

Reaction score
Like this idea, have a story, arguments and a great reward, my suggestion its that if u can put an experience gate for the entrance of last place, and add some time for do this quest, cannot repeat the error with pa poi quest, where much ppl increase his catch/level rate highness, regards and my respects for the creator minds.

Obreviate

Reaction score

As we are talking about 1st floor and i said some water and dragon pkms, they (dragon pkms) could be replaced jus to water pkms, like lantur, mantine, seadra, maybe 2 dratinis, idk ... now about the 2st floor the same, but put some gyarados, mantine, 2 nite, maybe 3 dragonair, idk it is a easy solution, i guess xD

i readed like 80% of it and was enough, because i was busy, later i finished reading and it was what i expected, an easy quest and something that people will abuse of.

I'll respect your point of view, but I didn't see "facility" on the quest. If you read the post with more inference, you will see that you will have to take about 2 hrs + to do this quest.
- Once the bosses are aleatory, and they will appear each hour
- Dueling with one at a time and get the 5 parts of the parchment
- Make the "tasks"
- Get the items to the potion
- etc, etc, etc ...

Anyway, I think the quest is a little bit tired, but it's funny. I believe she will not be "abused" by ppl, but her (quest) will abuse the ppl xD will require much effort and too much time playing, what makes us think that the prize should be good.

Last edited:

Torment Xtreme

Reaction score
As we are talking about 1st floor and i said some water and dragon pkms, they (dragon pkms) could be replaced jus to water pkms, like lantur, mantine, seadra, maybe 2 dratinis, idk ... now about the 2st floor the same, but put some gyarados, mantine, 2 nite, maybe 3 dragonair, idk it is a easy solution, i guess xD

I'll respect your point of view, but I didn't see "facility" on the quest. If you read the post with more inference, you will see that you will have to take about 2 hrs + to do this quest.
- Once the bosses are aleatory, and they will appear each hour
- Dueling with one at a time and get the 5 parts of the parchment
- Make the "tasks"
- Get the items to the potion
- etc, etc, etc ...

Anyway, I think the quest is a little bit tired, but it's fun. I believe she will not be "abused" by ppl, but her (quest) will abuse the ppl xD will require much effort and too much time playing, what makes us think that the prize should be good.
I know it will take time to get in that part of the quest (the rooms), but is the same as PApoi when it got closed, people didn't finished the quest to be able to enter to any room whenever they wanted, it will be the same here, if we have a great respawn of pure dragons people won't finish the quest to use the respawn to catch whenever they want, so as i said before, a solution would be to make them lvl 130 or disable balls inside the quest as admins did with Safari.

Obreviate

Reaction score
Just an observation about the Tower made by rooms, I was thinking about small rooms, nothing so big.
So the first rooms don't need be full with pkms, only the anti-penultimate, which will precedes the entrance to Ancestral Dragonite.

Rooms, something like that or a little bit "greater":

Eudinho

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Idea... but could make changes to the LVL of the Pokemon Torment spoke, Since it's the Kill time the "Ancient Dragonite" ,add pokes lvl 130 or more to hinder.
but anyway, the story is very good.

Last edited:

Hellsphere

Reaction score
I agree that this quest has a lot of imagination, so it's f*cking great! and IMO this quest could be easily implemented obreviate you did a great job with the specifications, just need to review the level 100+ dragon's respawn.
+1

Obreviate

Reaction score
Sorry about bumping this old thread, but i really would like to know the opinion from staff, mainly cms, adms, etc... :x

Back