What's new

Welcome!

My view on the Pad these days.

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
Hi Padventures!! Actually in game i'm Kirigaya-Kazuto, A simple player very attracted for this game <3.

I want to plant here a idea to increase the Padventures Players Flux. But first i must to notify that:

1 - Is only my opinion about this subject.
2 - I bring matters discussed with others players and my community.
3 - i waiting a serious vision about this.

Now would point out a case about Changelog, now haven't we updates in Changelog thread and really exist players interessed in read about last updates and litle changes in game.

Ps: 30-08-18 last update in changelog thread.

About game info for new players...

Recently i and other player(Jaspionzera) started a "new" method to show padventures gameplay using the [LINK]https://twitch.tv[/LINK].

Why we started this? I like to think in this like a form to show my progress, passions and friends and say to other "is nice, come here and play with us". but is only one of methods for call more players and show information for newbies and others.

- Okay, but what u suggest we do?

Lots of info, details like: item drops, rates, pokemon moves gifs and more publicity of the game.

- But this requires a lot of effort and we have a real life to drive.

Yes, we know, but you are Padventures Staff, and Staff have a responsibility to delivery updates, information, suport and publicity about the game.

Have a lot of items that contribute to improve the game and i'm not a best to point out they.

Please mind about this <3 I love your job, really. But can improve.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The more improvements you get, the more players you have, especially the respawns that have decreased, this affected a lot, and the new respanw, was not effective ...

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
So well let's say this:
1. There's no updates on changleog thread cause there's simply nothing special to be put (for now). Like events informations and such have their own threads and in changelog you get informations that x system was implemeted or changed, new resp was added or sometimes reb changes and as it was already stated Jano came back and he's working on Alola once it would be ready you would have any information in changelog. And for now nothing can be put there if selected things have it's own threads (like yes reb changes can be mentioned but we don't do them every single week it's mostly every once in a while)
2. In case of more informations about game you have something called main website with informations if its not enough or you would need quests etc then you can go to pa wiki either polish or english for now and find informations there.
Also in case of rates don't expect any information other than rare/very rare catch rate on pokemons or drop (it was already stated that such information will never go to players [and such thing is like this in a lot of games])

Last edited:

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
Nice, but with "lot of info" i talk about info in website, i think that new players dont use fórum and need know more about the game.

With "rate, drops" i talk about info like easy, medium, rare, very rare info in each items, yes we have wiki about this and threads for info, do you think this information is easily accessible to new players and people who are not in the game or do not know the wiki?

Last edited:

Lord Sqnik

Gamemasters
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, but with "lot of info" i talk about info in website, i think that new players dont use fórum and need know more about the game.

With "rate, drops" i talk about info like easy, medium, rare, very rare info in each items, yes we have wiki about this and threads for info, do you think this information is easily accessible to new players and people who are not in the game or do not know the wiki?

Yeah information about rate, drop easy find but u know where? if nope then look in spoiler

Spoiler:
NZHJhKF.png

And new player dont need know about wiki

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
People who play smartphone games only barely notice computer games. They have tons of options to play just on their phones and they are used to that.

Yes, but I am referring to people interested in knowing more about, reading about it and also players who want to ask questions / read about without having to enter the game.

The purpose of the site is to be informative and introductory (I believe), but do you think it really goes well? or that it is updated correctly?

karksiukas

Reaction score
1. I believe Sting has answered your question regarding change log.

2. Game promotion
Now this is a topic that is almost never brought up. I probably should not be saying this but it's almost nonexistent (excluding Facebook advertisement attempts). New player base usually consists of friends of those who have already played in the distant past and/or friends of those who already play.

I have been a supportive player throughout my whole gameplay history and I usually approach English speaking new players not only with support, but also with an interest about their gameplay quality/general feel of the game. I have found that perhaps roughly taken 75% of the "new" player base consists of those coming back and only around 25% have been totally new players. It's actually been a troubling topic to me personally and I still see it as a problem in the game as a whole.

The primary goal of the official website has never been to provide players with vast game resources.
It was EX Administrator Hohenheim who has put effort into building and improving informational user interfaces and resource section and since he left I doubt there is currently anyone with enough dedication and capability (including resources and ability) to expand it the way you described.

I am sorry but it has been mentioned before my post; the game's policy for drop/catch rates has always been not to be declared publicly and I doubt that will ever change.

I understand what you meant with items being displayed in the resource section but this is immense amount of work not only to build such interface, but to keep track and update it. While it might be practically useful, it has almost totally no impact on the player base and besides as I said earlier, I believe there is currently no one who would be able to make that happen.
P.S
Sqnik has mentioned that you are able to find everything you would need in the game and from my own experience I can tell you that new players usually do not look for information on the web first hand. We have the help channel in game and I have noticed a tendency for players to notice the big "Discord" banner that redirects them to seek for assistance on Discord (which is really nice as I have been personally helping them out for quite a while).

Regards.

shellman

Reaction score
2 years ago we had the trailer contest, was really fun to do even tho I didn't win
Maybe we could have another one?idk
I myself have been back in the YouTube area trying to share info with videos and maybe fish some players from competitors with appealing thumbnails cof cof cheesegames cof cof
Also it's nice having you and jaspion on twitch

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
1. I believe Sting has answered your question regarding change log.

2. Game promotion
Now this is a topic that is almost never brought up. I probably should not be saying this but it's almost nonexistent (excluding Facebook advertisement attempts). New player base usually consists of friends of those who have already played in the distant past and/or friends of those who already play.

I have been a supportive player throughout my whole gameplay history and I usually approach English speaking new players not only with support, but also with an interest about their gameplay quality/general feel of the game. I have found that perhaps roughly taken 75% of the "new" player base consists of those coming back and only around 25% have been totally new players. It's actually been a troubling topic to me personally and I still see it as a problem in the game as a whole.

The primary goal of the official website has never been to provide players with vast game resources.
It was EX Administrator Hohenheim who has put effort into building and improving informational user interfaces and resource section and since he left I doubt there is currently anyone with enough dedication and capability (including resources and ability) to expand it the way you described.

I am sorry but it has been mentioned before my post; the game's policy for drop/catch rates has always been not to be declared publicly and I doubt that will ever change.

I understand what you meant with items being displayed in the resource section but this is immense amount of work not only to build such interface, but to keep track and update it. While it might be practically useful, it has almost totally no impact on the player base and besides as I said earlier, I believe there is currently no one who would be able to make that happen.
P.S
Sqnik has mentioned that you are able to find everything you would need in the game and from my own experience I can tell you that new players usually do not look for information on the web first hand. We have the help channel in game and I have noticed a tendency for players to notice the big "Discord" banner that redirects them to seek for assistance on Discord (which is really nice as I have been personally helping them out for quite a while).

Regards.

Dude, you expressed the subject better, and I thank you very much for that.

I have tried to address a number of issues and the initial view has been distorted by the first few comments but is coming back to form, I hope a little attention is focused on those issues.

2 years ago we had the trailer contest, was really fun to do even tho I didn't win
Maybe we could have another one?idk
I myself have been back in the YouTube area trying to share info with videos and maybe fish some players from competitors with appealing thumbnails cof cof cheesegames cof cof
Also it's nice having you and jaspion on twitch

Yes Shellman, a lot of people know you about the videos and I believe there are people who can come to the game through the advertisement of it.

It is a fact that most of the new players are old or friends of old, but the staff forgets that the tibian community and the pokemon-loving community is giant.

In streams often people come who play other servers, or who simply like pokemon and have never seen this style. They are interested and ask for site and instructions.

This method can show Pad to other communities and I believe it should be better exploited.

Shouya

Reaction score
I might not be in position to say these things, but here we go.

Well about changelog, I mean, I think it's kind of obvious some things might slow down in pace since Leo retired, but you shouldn't look at it like that. He was an important figure in the game, but for example, changelog isn't informing us about all the news in the game. When there are some kind of events or tournaments, you will always have a new post on the "News" thread and it is unnecessary to flood changelog for some things, it's better to make one post there but with more new information implemented.

For the streaming part. I didn't know that you were actually streaming, yes we have streams in the game, but it would be a lot nicer if people streamed it on live streams like twitch or something similar. Anyhow, I am really glad to hear that, but also yes, there is a problem with the game's advertising. I partly agree with Kasas on this one because, it's not that people don't talk about it, people are kind of afraid to say it. I have been talking about the lack of PA's advertisement for quite some time now, but one voice cannot change much. I kind of miss the old times when servers were full with people, but nowadays they mostly log in for events. But I don't blame the poor advertising for that, the game itself is getting kind of old. It's just that, there are always new games coming out, people are interested in new things, better graphics, better gameplay. I have myself started and stopped playing PA for more than 5-6 times already, it bores me at some point, but then some desire to play returns me back to the game somehow, not sure if it's the pokemons, nostalgia or what, but I still wish there are more people to play because the game is a lot more enjoyable then.

I agree with Shellman also, new contest for 2k19 trailer might be fun, and could be used for dragging new people into the game.

But with info, I kind of disagree. Compared to the past, what we have now in the game is a wonder. At start, the only thing you could have done is explore by yourself or ask people on help. Yeah, there might be less players now with extreme knowledge that are active, but come on. There is info everywhere, page, forum, wiki, discord, game itself, and besides that, you have help chat in case you need something. It is true that the catch rates have never been publicized and I don't think they ever will, but the rarity of pokemon is somehow almost correct for all of them in the pokedex, I don't think you need something besides it. Same for items. To be honest, you can add me on social media and I can answer questions if you have them when I am not logged into the game, was never a problem.

I also love the game as much as the others, but it is true there should be some reforms, not much, but you have to start somewhere. Besides that, you know that patience is a virtue, and you always needed it in this game somehow, but in the end the waiting always pays off. So just give them time, let it happen step by step, they know what they are doing, everyone makes mistakes sometimes but I believe everyone wants the best for the game, instead of seeing it shut down.

Sincerely.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
For mobile I can see what he is talking. I've called this exact same guy 2 years ago to create what would be called PADexter, a pokedex/info for mobile. I had the idea, he had the skills for programming it, but something inside the game between us went wrong and we parted ways.
Even tho we should have new video contests, I think that a promo video is pretty affordable via freelancers sites to be used as advertising. I am dragged to new games sometimes just cause of videos on instagram/facebook, so giving it a shot could be worth.
Community also became a lot more toxic, especially toward new people. Easy reason, old game, easy for those who already understood the mechanics. So when someone new appears around struggling, pretty much no one wants to help.
We are always asking for staff to change things, but most of the players don't want to change themselves.

Last edited:

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
For mobile I can see what he is talking. I've called this exact same guy 2 years ago to create what would be called PADexter, a pokedex/info for mobile. I had the idea, he had the skills for programming it, but something inside the game between us went wrong and we parted ways.
Even tho we should have new video contests, I think that a promo video is pretty affordable via freelancers sites to be used as advertising. I am dragged to new games sometimes just cause of videos on instagram/facebook, so giving it a shot could be worth.
Community also became a lot more toxic, especially toward new people. Easy reason, old game, easy for those who already understood the mechanics. So when someone new appears around struggling, pretty much no one wants to help.
We are always asking for staff to change things, but most of the players don't want to change themselves.

I believe players can help players reduce staff work.

A little less than 3 weeks I came back to build the application and also a wiki aimed at the Brazilian players, I really stayed behind with you. But it has some facts like its playing time and general knowledge.

Many Polish, American and Spanish players are helping, the footage myself is catching up with players, printing pokemons and collecting information on various items and locations.

If you want to come back for help me, send me a private message. I would be grateful.

Last edited:

Scarfaces

Reaction score
Maybe we can make this more "interactive" idk, posting some news everyday, if there's no important things maybe a daily post, with some info/screens about what happened that day on diamond/platinum, like littles articles for example "Dagugo defeat mega mawile and earned a tm17 doom desire, congratulations, idk something here on forum that makes us community to get involve more in game and forum/website.
About the information that has to be recolected MAYBE the tutors could do that job. I THINK that nowadays at least on platinum spanish chat is dead, so this wont interfere on their daily jobs.

Its just a random idea that came to my mind while i was reading this so dont take it so personal.

Kirigaya-Kazuto

Reaction score
Maybe we can make this more "interactive" idk, posting some news everyday, if there's no important things maybe a daily post, with some info/screens about what happened that day on diamond/platinum, like littles articles for example "Dagugo defeat mega mawile and earned a tm17 doom desire, congratulations, idk something here on forum that makes us community to get involve more in game and forum/website.
About the information that has to be recolected MAYBE the tutors could do that job. I THINK that nowadays at least on platinum spanish chat is dead, so this wont interfere on their daily jobs.

Its just a random idea that came to my mind while i was reading this so dont take it so personal.

I am very happy to see who is entering into what he intends to address.

The staff works, that's a fact. The game has many qualities, but let's agree to the lack of more empathy with the community.

It is no use saying that the game is old or that people are interested in an absurd amount of other games.

Yes, Exist a lot of people that like a tibia type games and and is fanatic for pokémons, we must show Padventures World for this peoples.

The inial criticisms were disappointing, but now we're in right point.

About my critcs about changelog, details like sprite changes and animations reworkeds in pokemon moves stoped being informated.

I hope to keep a discourse, why am I not mistaken when I say that players think and talk about it often.

Last edited:
Back