What's new

Welcome!

My last suggestions and a farewell

Makarno.-

Reaction score
Hello guys. Before anything, I'd like to say it have been such a wonderful time through all these years I have been here.
As the tittle says, this is somehow a farewell.
Right now I'm not having enough time for anything but my studies in real life and working to pay my university because my family is going through some economical problems. I'm really stressed and with some luck I have some time to sleep at least 6 hours per day, because I'm normally sleeping just 3.
But, don't think I'm running away. I still have things to do here, for example rebalance. This week I will be free, from both, univ and work, so I will give my best to finish it this week. Anyways, don't think I'm the only one capable to do it, because we have a whole team working and that's what makes me happy, because I know I have friends that will back me up when it's necesary. You don't have anything to fear about, rebalance will be done, and if it delays is only because we're working as hard as possible to make it perfect.
I just don't want to do the typical goodbye thread, because I'm not leaving forever. I'm just letting you know my current situation but if once again I have time I will be happy and glad to involve once again in this community that I love so much.

Now, going into the suggestions.
This is a message for Admins. If you want to save this game, please, read all of what I will write.
Our current situation is the lack of interests and knowledge of what's going on with the game. Lack of comunication between admins, staff and community.
As we can see through the history of this game, in the begining we had all admins working together and that was probably the time we had more progress. Later some admins went inactive but there came someone that started as a player and ended up as administrator, having all the work on his shoulders. It was a good time too, but due to the hard work of just a genious. Still, that wasn't all good, because when all the responsibilities lies in just 1 person it is a double edge weapon. You might have nice success but also big fails, including that you make dependence.
When that person left, we had hard times, but somehow we managed to move on thanks to an awesome psychologist that did her best here and managed to re-unite the staff that was broken. We had a nice team that everyone pushed all in the same direction and that made us stronger. Somehow we managed to keep the community fine with mini events, taking out sometimes cash from our own characters. But it was going to collapse at some point. We didn't have enough admins activity, and we had a bad balance with pokemons. Then 2 people appeared, they worked hard to change at least the balance in pokemons and after months of hard working they acomplished it. Rebalance was implemented it didn't have the impact they thought. Even thought they only wanted to make every pokemon useful, it ended up with some pokemons that became OP, and community didn't like it forgetting all of their efforts. Those were probably, the worst months in PA.

So why am I writting all of this? because I have been thinking how to make a solution for this problem. As you can see, when we relay the responsibilities in just 1 or 2 people, it might be a big success or a BIG fail. We had 2 success and 1 fail.

So I will suggest you the next:

Makarno.-

Reaction score
Split the responsibilities:

Right now we know we have the next staff positions: Administrator, Community Manager, Game Master, Tutor.
We also have some other official charges such as Moderator and Designer, and the not used at all Devolpment Helper.

Recently, since Hohenheim is back, we have also a new staff position but that is still not official, wich is Storywritter.

But now, what are all of their responsibilities?
My suggestion is to renew the staff architecture.
I suggest the next:
29Qy6ewp.png

As we know, some of our admins work in different things. Scripting, programming, mapping, etc. So they should be in charge of that. JUST THAT. When we talk about community, rules, rule violations, game-rules, rollbacks, mini-events, duel tournaments, and everything related with the COMMUNITY INTERACTION, we should focus on Community Manager, Game Master and Tutors.
An easy explaination comes from football. In football there are players, in PA too. There are referees. There's a central referee and 2 line judges. Tutors are the same as line judges. They are there to see that players follow the game rules, and in any case they see someone breaking those rules, they raise up their flag to let know the central referee (Game Master) about it. Of course, sometimes the central referee, or Game Master, can decide how hard to punish and even sometimes, give "adventage law", letting people keep playing, or just give a verbal warning. But Game Master can't decide in his/her own how to follow the rules at all. Of course they have free will, but they can't decide to give red car (delete) for an offside (trade in spanish chat). For that, there's a national referee president (Community Manager), who will be in charge to pick the referees (GMs & tutors) for every match (chat and server), teaching them what and how to punish. Also, if there's any kind of problem with referees, the national referees president will be one to talk with (If you have problems with any staff member, you should contact CM).

That is how actually it's working, and it's going fine and perfect IMO. There's no problem with the community staff right now.

The problem comes when we think about the devolpment. Every single game have their devolpment team. People working on updates, suggestions, events, upgrades to the game.
Right now those responsbility is laying on admins hands, but as we know, not all of them have enough time or cant work all at the same time.
This is why I suggest a co-working style and of course, the creation of new staff positions that must be away from the game and not involve with community to avoid any kind of responsibility mixing and end up in the same mistake as before.

• Storywritter: They are brilliant minds and very creative. They work writting stories, as their tittle say. But why? We need stories for quests. Any update that involves new regions will requiere new quests. Any event that we manage will have missions and those missions need NPC dialogs with a story that makes sense. They are the creative part of devolpment staff.
  • Rebalancer: Numbers genious. They are ment to be always working on balance of pokemons, potions, loot of items/TMs, experience given by pokemons, etc. Anything that requieres a numerical balance relays on their hands.
  • Designer: They are the artists. Designers are not just spriters. We need people able to make video trailers, nice client backgrounds (Not just picking random image from google and putting our game logo above), webpage designs, and of course, spriters. If we want to move on, we will always need people able to create new things and not just copy from other places.
  • Devolpment Manager: The boss. As CM are in charge of tutors and GMs, Devolpment Manager (DM) should be the one in charge of Storywritters, Rebalancers and Designers. Must be someone with programational knowledge and also someone really creative and mature enough to handle with working teams.

If somehow you have read all of what I wrote, I give you my honest thanks, because I know I wrote a lot but it's just because I worry and want the best for this game.

With no more things to tell right now,

Regards,
Makarno.-

Last edited:

Salamon

Reaction score
To be honest, you're expecting a miracle there, but putting game things aside, good luck with your life plans.

Sheeper

Reaction score
Well, for some reason it's sad that it's your farawell, even if I didn't like you personally, you were doing professional job or atleast I had such feeling. sadly our admins aren't professionals at any point...
Your suggestion, something like that works in every professionally developed game and it's basic for game to keep living, and lack of it leaded PA to this situation, the Red-named guys should know that from the day they planned to create PA, It shouldn't be suggested, it should be obvious to admins since last few years...

What else can I say... Good luck in rl life? Atleast you show that you care more about your life than this deadland called PA... that's good.

PS Im really curious if we'll see anything from admins except their "thanks"... (Not counting Hohenheim there)

Himbeere

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
It was nice to speak with you. (sometimes) but you are really great person and i hope, that you will help us.
Don't give up and good luck in your Real-Life.

Yoku

Reaction score
Is sad to hear that you are leaving, I owe you a lot and I hope you come back to us soon. Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best : D

Jertusz

Reaction score
Sad to see you stopping with PA. Hope your suggestions would be implemented in game and you'll be back soon. G'luck in real life makarno.

Grayfoox

Reaction score
wtf! well, I understand your situation, It's a tough moment that you're living and I hope you do your best. Thanks for the songs and for all your effort in this game, come back some day XD Good luck bro

Agustiinn

Reaction score
Well, what to tell you, I always saw you working with professionalism, since u wanted to be tutor, and u got more an more of it passing trough the years, the only thing I disliked from u is that u have a bit of ego, but I really apreciate how you works, and the way you do, I loved to help you, and I'll do in everything I can (remember I'm demoted, so i think i can't continue in reba) but well, that's on game.

About rl, you are a culiao, and we won't stop talking and sending photos (? sjaksjaksja you are a very good closed friend :)

Last edited:

Makarno.-

Reaction score
Well, for some reason it's sad that it's your farawell, even if I didn't like you personally, you were doing professional job or atleast I had such feeling. sadly our admins aren't professionals at any point...
Your suggestion, something like that works in every professionally developed game and it's basic for game to keep living, and lack of it leaded PA to this situation, the Red-named guys should know that from the day they planned to create PA, It shouldn't be suggested, it should be obvious to admins since last few years...

What else can I say... Good luck in rl life? Atleast you show that you care more about your life than this deadland called PA... that's good.

PS Im really curious if we'll see anything from admins except their "thanks"... (Not counting Hohenheim there)

Thanks for the professionalism thing, but I'd like to tell you something.

I'm not against admins, they are actually doing an AWESOME JOB right now and that's why I take part of my time to do this suggestions. If they were in ghost mode, I'd just not lose time and leave in silence.
There are hopes, don't worry.

Chris'Diana

Reaction score
Everyone needs a time, you're not different. I know that you're facing a lot of problems and I hope you overcome all of that. Thank you very much for everything that you did for us and I hope you get back fast to us.

Best Wishes from Chris! <3

PS: Thank you for the diagram, it will help us a lot with the organization. =)

Ludacha

Reaction score
I need more people as storywriters that actualy can work on it...im solo now and it goes to slow...
I will need to talk with admins about this...

Good suggestion bro :)

Eudinho

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Luck Makarno.
I'm rooting for everything to go right!!!

Khan

Reaction score
That's what I've been telling them for years (although not as detailed and organized) as you did, and did they listen? Nope. It's a nice effort from you, but a wasted one unfortunately.

Keeping the "hope" alive will only lead to prolonging the inevitable. Trust me I've done my fair of that and it has lead to nowhere.

It would be better to just go out with a "bang" than to keep it running until there's not enough players to even pay the dedicated server. Sometimes you gotta know when to put something out of its misery, it would be an act of kindness (to the players) in this case.

At least that's how I see it, although I have been out of the game for a while and "maybe" the admins have changed (That is if there is a place called Utopia). Of course since you've made this thread I can only assume they have not, since most likely you too must've tried to convince them beforehand and failed.

Regards,
Khan.

Back