What's new

Welcome!

Modified catch rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
Yo, I came here to suggest you guys a modified catch rate system. Let's start then.
As far as you know, catch rate is based on luck which isn't good system, you can spend 10000 balls on shitty pokemon. My suggestion is to add something like that, but only for pokemons worth less than 100hd:

Bulbasaur - worth in shop like 31hd. So for that cash you would buy like 443 pokeballs or 155 great balls or 62 super balls or 28 ultra balls. (Dunno about rocket balls, cause they are not buyable)

Charmeleon - worth in shop like 63hd. So for that cash you would buy like 900 pokeballs or 315 great balls or 126 super balls or 57 ultra balls. (Dunno about rocket balls, cause they are not buyable)

After using that amount of balls(all pokeballs price = pokemon price in shop) without success, their catch rate would raise by 50% or 100%(you choose). With that system you wont have profit only less waste than now. System would have to count used balls + their price in shop, ex.:

Used 64 great balls, 21 ultra balls on Bulbasaur. = 64 * 20$ + 21 * 110$ = 3590$ - Bulbasaur is worth 3100$, so now catch rate is raised by 50% or 100%(you choose).

Used 5 pokeballs, 28 super balls on Charmeleon. = 5 * 7$ + 28 * 50$ = 1435$ - Charmeleon is worth 6300$, so catch rate is not changed.

CATCH RATE WILL RESET AFTER SUCCESSFUL CATCH.

It will be easier to catch pokemons for lower level players or catchers.
What do you think?
Hope you get my point.

Thanks for reading.

Credits to PAdventures.info for pokemon prices.

Last edited:

Evren

Reaction score
Good idea but ;

Thread will close. They don't understand. Because they're lucky.

http : //46.105.24.210/showthread.php?22234-About-Catch-rate

papuchi

Reaction score
i don't agree with increase the catch rate...but I agree with increase pkmn price in npc

chaaps

Reaction score
Dont agree.
So, everyone should have profit catching these pokemons?

dave'

Reaction score
I agree. 1033gb on gloom? I think is a joke.. 200gb, near to 300 balls on mareep, 50+sb and more than 100 other balls on spinarak. I think i should give a rest with the catching, cuz i'm a kinda unlucky. Not saying about lax, lapras etc. Gimme moar luck plox.

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
i don't agree with increase the catch rate...but I agree with increase pkmn price in npc
The catch rate will ONLY increase only when you reach with used balls(pokeballs total price)POKEMON SHOP PRICE.

Dont agree.
So, everyone should have profit catching these pokemons?

There wont be any profit in here, because catch rate will increase after you spent balls worth more than POKEMON SHOP PRICE. So you wont have profit, but only less waste. And there will be catch modifier only available for pokemons worth less than 100hd in SHOP.

Last edited:

Wikusiaa

Reaction score
That's the beauty of the game. If you are lucky, you catch.

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
That's the beauty of the game. If you are lucky, you catch.
Serious? What about new players? They don't have 1000hds just for catch a Gloom or Weepinbell?
Some of you will say:
- Why the hell he has to catch Gloom if he can catch Oddish and level it up..

I tell you that leveling underpowered pokemons isn't fun..
Change catch rate or reduce damage of moves from wild pokemons..

Try to kill with Oddish just few Goldeens without healing.. - impossible. Heal after few kills, thats nuts.

Agustiinn

Reaction score
Rejected.But what Maritos said, is true.
The solution? Modify the payment of npc.
My best catch is gengar, and i caught it with 55 rckt ball.But i cauhgt charmeleon , with 69 pb,1500gb,565 sb 60 ub.
I like that, it's funny and it's what gives excitement to the game.

Khan

Reaction score
The problem is that NPC pays too little. Each level difference is 5 dollars.
No the problem is the catch rate. But the admins like it this way so. Players will never be able to make profit from catching unless they get lucky.
Even if they increase the price of NPC, it won't give most players profit because of the complete randomness of the catch rate. All it will do is lower a fraction of the losses, but doubt it will be a significant amount. Moj's idea will kill two birds in one stone, but they won't go for that..

The economy is terrible because of the catch rate and NPC prices/loots, everyone is selling, only rich players are buying. If you try to sell any pokémon/item worth 10k or more it will take weeks to sell it for pure cash unless it has very high demand like TM reflect/lapras/snorlax/scyther etc, everyone offers pokémon + cash, because they are poor.

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
Many of you reject that idea, cuz u prolly dont get my point.

Let me start again.
If you spent 50 pokeballs in Bellsprout and you didn't catch it, its something wrong, right? I don't want to make all pokemons easier catch, but only weaker ones. You need to understand what im saying.

EXAMPLE:

I'm going to catch Bellsprout (it cost 100$ in shop), its like 14 pokeballs. So if I won't catch it after 14 pokeballs, its(Bellsprouts) catch rate will increase from 1x to 1.5x or 2x untill I catch it. After this its catch rate will return to normal..

That system wont affect higher level players with cash, but lower level without it. It wont change catch rate, but only help players catch weaker pokemons easier. And it wont work on many stronger pokemons.

Last edited:

Hellsphere

Reaction score
So where's the fun when you know that youre going to catch anyways the pokemon? T

Midnight Dreamer

Reaction score
Many of you reject that idea, cuz u prolly dont get my point.

Let me start again.
If you spent 50 pokeballs in Bellsprout and you didn't catch it, its something wrong, right? I don't want to make all pokemons easier catch, but only weaker ones. You need to understand what im saying.

EXAMPLE:

I'm going to catch Bellsprout (it cost 100$ in shop), its like 14 pokeballs. So if I won't catch it after 14 pokeballs, its(Bellsprouts) catch rate will increase from 1x to 1.5x or 2x untill I catch it. After this its catch rate will return to normal..

That system wont affect higher level players with cash, but lower level without it. It wont change catch rate, but only help players catch weaker pokemons easier. And it wont work on many stronger pokemons.

hmmm, now i get the main point and im totally agree, but for this, u need increase teh price of last evos and rare catch pokes at npc
, its just an exemple, tyranitar costs 406 hds, if u dont increase his price in npc, will be easier catch it, with 407hd+ in balls

Moj mistrz

Reaction score
hmmm, now i get the main point and im totally agree, but for this, u need increase teh price of last evos and rare catch pokes at npc
, its just an exemple, tyranitar costs 406 hds, if u dont increase his price in npc, will be easier catch it, with 407hd+ in balls

Tyranitar wont be affected by this changes, only pokemons which are worth less than 100hd IN SHOP... ONLY THEM... ANY RARE POKEMON WONT BE AFFECTED... YOU CAN EVEN LOWER THAT PRICE FROM 10000$/100hds TO 8000$/80hds in NPC.

So where's the fun when you know that youre going to catch anyways the pokemon? T
I'M TALKING ABOUT LOW LEVEL POKEMONS LIKE PARAS, BELLSPROUT, NOT F***ING LAPRAS OR AERO.

kasperjte15

Reaction score
Good idea,

However +50% till +100% catch rate is pretty silly isn't it?

My idea:
When you reach the amount of balls the pokemon is worth add a +0.5% catching change for this pokemon per ball your throw.
(the improvement of catching changes could also be higher at ultra balls. example: normal ball: add 0.3% great ball: add 0.5% super ball add: 0.7% ultraball add:0.9% rocket ball add:1.0%) you use above the amount the pokemon is worth. This system would not make it too easy but also not impossible to catch easy pokemons like charmeleons etc. It would be also alot of easier to make a little cash instead of waste.

Last edited:

Midnight Dreamer

Reaction score
Tyranitar wont be affected by this changes, only pokemons which are worth less than 100hd IN SHOP... ONLY THEM... ANY RARE POKEMON WONT BE AFFECTED... YOU CAN EVEN LOWER THAT PRICE FROM 10000$/100hds TO 8000$/80hds in NPC.
calm brow, like i said its just an exemple, but if u want a true fact, a larvitar costs 81 hd the same as dratiny, all johto box 2 pokes costs less than 90 hd, so if u wanna put this idea on action, u should think about increase some pokes' prices at NPC too, this idea will make johto box 2 useless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back