What's new

Welcome!

Mantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obreviate

Reaction score
Currently, I've been leveling a mantine and I found it pretty good. Although, I'd like to know if you might apply any kind of stunning to it. Since you've added TM Surf in its TM Learnset, as water pulse, sleep talk etc, I'd suggest you replace Bubblebeam by Haze or then replace Underwater by Water pledge, please. Even it being pretty good (specially to duel way), it still lacks of a stunning spell.

Thanks.

Clen

Reaction score
Currently, I've been leveling a mantine and I found it pretty good. Although, I'd like to know if you might apply any kind of stunning to it. Since you've added TM Surf in its TM Learnset, as water pulse, sleep talk etc, I'd suggest you replace Bubblebeam by Haze or then replace Underwater by Water pledge, please. Even it being pretty good (specially to duel way), it still lacks of a stunning spell.

Thanks.

I have a mantine 130,0 and from my point of view it is better with SURF, it does not need an ice attack, it has a good TM Learn

Obreviate

Reaction score
"It is better with SURF", sure. But i'm talking about its moveset and non tm related, more appropriately speaking. Kinda more independent of TMs. I also think it's an excellent pkm, but unfortunately, in my point of view, it has some embezzlement. While some pkms have a somewhat absurd junction in stuns, wailord for example (haze, water pledge + underwater), others lack that, in mantine's case, it has nothing, making it fully dependet of TMs.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
haze is not a stun, it's a paralazying move.
You can add to your Mantine cheap stunning TM - Water Pulse.

Some pokes have 2 stuns in moveset
Some pokes have 2 stuns only in TM set
and some pokes have 1 stun in moveset and 1 in TM set.

Mantine belongs to the 2nd group (ive noticed it has restriction, but it will be removed). Don't forget it has unbreakable protection in moveset - underwater with which you can easily avoid some powerful spells and also a heal.
So rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back