What's new

Welcome!

Manectric

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello PAd Community and Staff Members.

I would like to suggest some changes in Manectric's moveset and abilities.

First of all, I would like to point out a couple of things and make some comparisons:

Manectric is a pure Electric-type pokemon so I will compare it to all other pure Electric-type pokemon in PAd.

Sadly, Manectric is kinda forgotten and I feel like almost nobody uses it because it's not good for PvP nor PvE.

But Nando, Manectric has protection (electro barrier), why do you think it's not good for PvE?

Well, it does have indeed Electro Barrier, but it only has 2 good AoE moves: Electric Terrain, which is limited to its range; and Shock Wave, which is really good move with good area; Thunder is also AoE but we all know is not a good AoE move. Besides, it has no AoE Stun move, only wild charge which is not useful for PvE.

But Nando, it can learn Sleep Talk + another TM. Should this be enough for it to be good?

Actually, I don't think so. First of all, Sleep Talk is rare and expensive. Second of all, almost all other pure Electric-type pokemon have 3 good AoE or 2 good AoE + 1 AoE stun move and can learn reflect or have protection move too. This gives Manectric a disadvantage over all the other pure Electric-type pokemon.

Let's do my favourite thing... comparing:

cVOCsqk.png
0OMVwr8.png
UC5CY6B.png
Z19sU2s.png
RZ5GsAc.png
TKxOuwn.png
ev9dJ8Q.png
LxZ4gRM.png
dziUDgg.png
AfnxTFK.png

From this list, Pachirisu and Electrode cannot learn Reflect. However, Pachirisu has Endure.
Even though Electrode only has 2 AoE, it has Protection + healing move + great AoE Stun (Sleep Talk), which means you can use 2 attack TMs (Discharge, Electric Terrain, Electro Blast, Thunder, for example) and then it would be really good for PvE.

From all the other 8 pure Electric-type pokemon, they can all learn Reflect and have minimum 3 good AoE moves.

From all 10 pokemon from the list:
1. Raichu has Thunder + 3 great AoE + AoE Stun-move + ability to learn reflect
2. Jolteon has Thunder + 2 great AoE + Wish + ability to learn reflect
3. Electivire has Thunder + 2 great AoE + AoE Stun-move + ability to learn reflect
4. Plusle and Minum have Thunder + 3 great AoE + AoE Stun-move + ability to learn reflect

Almost all have AoE Stun-moves except Jolteon (but Jolteon has wish), Xurkitree (But as an Ultra beast is has great damage + learns Rain Dance as a counter in duel) and Luxray (but Luxray has Fake out, which is good in duel).

Now then... let's analyze Manectric:
vWncJ2X.png

Manectric has Protection + Thunder + 2 great AoE.

that's it...

**Please note that this comparison is without TMs.

As I was mentioning before, even if we would compare them with TMs... Manectric still has the disadvantage, because he needs an AoE Stun. We all know that when you are hunting as soon as protection goes away the pokemon dies or gets stun, which means even if you use 2 attacking TMs Manectric will not have enough HP to survive and use all of them. With Electro Barrier most of the time you can only use 2 moves.

So let's say Sleep talk + Electric Storm as TMs (which I must say these TMs are super expensive and I hardly doubt players would want to invest in a pokemon like Manectric the way it is now), that would give Manectric Protection + Thunder + 3 great AoE + AoE stun move.

Well, I don't need to write everything down again but let me just give you guys some examples:
1. Raichu would have Thunder + 4 great AoE + AoE Stun-move + reflect
Raichu would have 1 more AoE than Manectric

2. Zebstrika would have 4 great AoE + AoE Stun + Reflect
Zebstrika would have 1 more great AoE than Manectric.

Hopefully you can see now that Manectric has indeed a disadvantage in comparison to the other pokemon.

My suggestion would be the following:

Due to the fact that Electric Terrain is slow damage, Manectric needs an AoE with "fast" damage (I forgot the technical name for it, DPS or something like that). I assume most Manectrics today have Discharge, so that's sadly not an option, that's why adding Lightning Storm is a good option.
Also, replacing wild charge with electrify.

So it would be something like this:

m1-> Ice Fang > 10s
m2-> Lightning Storm > 45s
m3-> Switcheroo > 20s
m4-> Thunder > 30s
m5-> Volt Switch > 15s
m6-> Electrify > 30s
m7-> Thunder Bolt > 15s
m8-> Electro Barrier > 50s
m9-> Shock Wave > 45s
m10-> Electric Terrain > 45s

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now then, regarding Manectric Abilities:

According to Bulbapedia, it can learn the following abilities:
SIaPmkO.png

Is there any chance you can add Lightning Rod + Intimidate to Manectric's ability list?

Intimidate is learned by Mega Manectric, but right now we have some Pokemon in PAd with abilities from their Mega Evolutions, like Scrappy for Lopunny; Mold Breaker for Gyarados; Sand Force for Steelix; just to mention a couple of examples.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
With these changes it would be way better for PvE and now you could decide if you want TMs for PvP or PvE.

What do you guys think?

Regards,
Nando~

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I've added abilities they will be in next restart ofc we are not planning any rebalance soon so dont expect any change soon but also something from me people were told multiple times to not compare pokemon x to y so you really dont need to do so just saying "manectric is forgotten, can you check him out/improve him by adding faster aoe" and such would be enough for us to check him out once the time for reb comes (i doubt anything will even be done to wild charge not every pokemon should run around with aoe stuns just because)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back