What's new

Welcome!

Magmortar

Machetrom

Reaction score
Hi, right now I consider magmar is stronger than magmortar so it doesnt make any sense evolving him. My reasons are:
1.- Magmar only has fire and fight moves however magmortar has fire, fight, grass and electric moves (tuttifrutty pokemon).
2.- Magmar has 4 fire aoe moves and magmortar has 3.
3.- Although Magmortar has 1k+ hp than Magmar and +/- 200 more dmg, magmar can easily kill 5 venusaurs in test room while Magmortar isnt as strong as him.

My suggestions are:

Actual magmortar moveset:
m1 - Fire punch
m2 - Dual Flamethrower
m3 - Thunder punch
m4 - Low kick
m5 - Burn up
m6 - Solar Beam
m7 - Brick Break
m8 - Heat wave
m9 - Magma storm
m10 - Searing shot

My suggestion:
m1 - Fire punch
m2 - Dual Flamethrower
m3 - Thunder punch
m4 - Lava pulse --> I think changing low kick for lava pulse as magmar has, would be a good option. That extra aoe fire move will make the difference to clean 5 venusaurs in test room as magmar does.
m5 - Burn up
m6 - Mach punch --> Removing low kick for lava pulse would make magmortar to has few fight moves as magmar and I dont consider that magmortar should have solar beam as a move since he is mainly fire. Same happened before with Torkoal, and solar beam was removed from him.
m7 - Brick Break
m8 - Heat wave
m9 - Magma storm
m10 - Searing shot

Thanks in advance

sylveonlovesylveonlovesylveonlovesylveonlove

stin stauer

Reaction score
Such changes were taken considering duels side, as counters.
the same thing happens with magneton and magnezone, one of them has more eletrick moves and the other metal, the same with rhydon and rhyperior with rock and earth moves. you don't need to evolve magmar if you want to clean a respaw as you say, you can keep him a magmar and do the job, also with 2 fire tms you wont have problems with that, regards.

Machetrom

Reaction score
the same thing happens with magneton and magnezone, one of them has more eletrick moves and the other metal, the same with rhydon and rhyperior with rock and earth moves. you don't need to evolve magmar if you want to clean a respaw as you say, you can keep him a magmar and do the job, also with 2 fire tms you wont have problems with that, regards.

I agree with you considering the duels side, however i wouldn't compare magmortar vs magnezone or rhyperior's moveset since they have a second type... what I don't agree with, is that magmortar is weaker than magmar and it shouldnt be like that.

Thank you for your response

demonic stormy

Reaction score

My magmar is lvl 110 and I have tested both in test room. I can't believe that Magmar cleans mobs easier than Magmortar.

Why would anyone want to duel magmortar vs counters? the most he would do is 2k dmg (lol).

I don't think magmortar should be "fixed" with TMs, of course, money solves the problem but, the truth is Magmortar has less fire attacks and rotation than its pre-evolution. It doesn't make any sense.

Back