What's new

Welcome!

Kartana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymeria

Reaction score
Hello, its me again. Oppening for discussion this moveset. Hope u see it with oppen mind.
Gz on recent balance, keep on the nice work.
So, ill make some suggestions on Kartana's moveset, may be help you guys on another pokemon.
Reason: Good poke tho short attacks and no defense ( ref, protection, aoe stun).
To even it up a little, increase reach, not that long tho. add stun, and remove heal, cuzz u can get on false swipe.

m1 energy ball
m2 razor leaf
m3 smart strike
m4 frustation > grass knot
m5 false swipe
m6 synthesis > Shift Gear
m7 defog > Forest Curse
m8 leaf blade
m9 power whip > Grassy Terrain or change its formula to Air Cut
m10 metalic noise

Nymeria

Reaction score
Hello, its me again. Oppening for discussion this moveset. Hope u see it with oppen mind.
Gz on recent balance, keep on the nice work.
So, ill make some suggestions on Kartana's moveset, may be help you guys on another pokemon.
Reason: Good poke tho short attacks and no defense ( ref, protection, aoe stun).
To even it up a little, increase reach, not that long tho. add stun, and remove heal, cuzz u can get on false swipe.

m1 energy ball
m2 razor leaf
m3 smart strike
m4 frustation > grass knot
m5 false swipe
m6 synthesis > Shift Gear
m7 defog > Forest Curse
m8 leaf blade
m9 power whip > Grassy Terrain or change its formula to Air Cut
m10 metalic noise

tried not to suggest changes that would make it a lot of extractions, and not to long moves. tho shift gear, and grassy are both tms longer and learnable, dont think that ppl with Kartana would choose them as tm to add

Nymeria

Reaction score
oh dam. Master sting is online reading my thread...
#prayforacc

charly

Reaction score
Yes, it would be a good change, Kartana needs better move set

Nymeria

Reaction score
i forgot about metalic noise on my suggestion, i was going to change it for Forest Curse.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
So you want to change one of the best pokemons currently in duel.
1. you want to add forest curse instead of defog when she already have stun in moveset
2. you propose 2 strong aoes (well 3 because forest curse is a bullet seed but with stun) on top of leaf blade and metalic noise
3. Argument with why she should not have a heal is invalid its like you would say that about every other pokemon that have false/wish and some kind of protection or heal move
4. Why do you want to remove defog she can learn quite many flying moves on bulba so i don't see any problem with that (and it's a counter for fighting)

anyway i dont see forest curse happening i would guess it will stay as trevenant only move, maybe the only resonable thing would be changing one aoe leaf blade or power whip to a different one nothing else

Last edited:

Shouya

Reaction score
So you want to change one of the best pokemons currently in duel.
1. you want to add forest curse instead of defog when she already have stun in moveset
2. you propose 2 strong aoes (well 3 because forest curse is a bullet seed but with stun) on top of leaf blade and metalic noise
3. Argument with why she should not have a heal is invalid its like you would say that about every other pokemon that have false/wish and some kind of protection or heal move
4. Why do you want to remove defog she can learn quite many flying moves on bulba so i don't see any problem with that (and it's a counter for fighting)

1. Just because she has a stun it means she can't have two? What about pokes that have sleep+stun in moveset, different effect means it's viable?
2. I dunno mate, they both have short aoes which can't reach much if you're trying to hunt with it, especially since stun effect is short af
3. Ye same argument as always "not every poke needs a protection spell", well, if you were gonna add one "support" move to it, synthesis doesn't help much when she's already pretty squishy, let me hit synthesis in the middle of fight and lose the same amount of health in the meantime while charging the spell.
4. Say that again but slowly, ye she can learn, why did you put it in the moveset then? I agree that you can add some other types of spells to her moveset but having the largest aoe as a type that doesn't have a connection to her? That's a no-no, rather put aerial ace instead of smart strike, hurricane instead of metallic noise, but defog doesn't belong there, it should be petal or magnetic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back