What's new

Welcome!

Gyarados

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoCruise

Reaction score
Hello again Staff!

Currently, I am lvling up my Gyarados. I love this pokemon. There is only 1 little problem I noticed: Its stun move "Roar" is not useful and I think changing it to "Scary Face" would improve Gyarados a bit.

Therefore, my suggestion is to change move2 Roar for Scary Face.

I guess some might say: "Hey! Roar is perfect because you can combine this move with Hydro Cannon and hit up to 3 times". Well, when it comes about duelling, I have seen that players know how to defend themselves against this move by just stop attacking the target, making the Roar-Hydro Cannon combination useless. When it comes about hunting: if you go hunting fire pokemons, like me for instance, most fire pokemons (if not all of them) run SUPER FAST, making useless to try to use the Roar-Hydro Cannon combination. Also, some Stone/ground pokemons like Golem and Rhydon run fast as well.
Furthermore, the moves Tsunami, Hydropump and Aeroblast have a similar problem: When you are surrounded by several pokemons (I hunt in Fire Inquisition), sometimes when you use roar and then want to use one of this moves, it doesn't hit the "corners" because the pokemons back away pretty fast.

Now then, with Scary Face, which stuns the same way like Roar + a temporary paralyse, will be better because it guarantees that Hydropump, Tsunami and Aeroblast will always hit the stunned pokemons.

Gyarados' other moves are pretty good, I really like it. But I believe it really needs this change because it is its ONLY stun move... and because of that it should be one stun-move that helps it completely, not partially.

In addition, according to Bulbapedia's Gyarados' Learnset, it learns Scary Face by lvling up... meaning to say this move goes in accordance with Gyarados' nature.

Thank you very much for the attention.

P.S.: Please Staff, check my Milotic's Thread as well.
http://www.padventures.org/forum/showthread.php?40123-Milotic

Tsotss

Reaction score
I like Gyarados too. Maybe now I don't use it very often, but it was one of the greatest pokemon to exp. Also Scary Face works againsts prot/ref etc so it would be more useful using it against Golem etc couse of his rock type which make big DMG on Gyarados.
So.. it would be a litte thing, but a big change! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back