What's new

Welcome!

[GUIDE] Pokemon Adventures - Beginning your journey

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
Hello all,i making this guide to teach you how you begin your journey in the Pokemon Adventures world and teach several things that you'll need to know in your journey.

Obs1:This guide was translated by me and was obtained by me from my orkut brazilian Pokemon Adventures community,the best and biggest brazilian community,90% translation was made with my english knowledge and 10% translation was made using the google translator,then i'm sorry if have some english fails :)
Obs2:I'm sorry for this 2 days without a guide,the reason is because this very huge guide take me 2 days to translate and edit :)

titleo.jpg

preparations.jpg

Before you begin your journey you need to make all the preparations,then do this:

-Make download of the client:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25085623/PA_Client_1.01.rar
-Read the basic guide:
http://forum.pokemonadventures.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014
-Open your client
-Make a account and character (link unavailable because the server are closed,when launch the official i'll place here)
-Make the login,if you dont know how heres the guide:
Click Enter Game:http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/16/loginp.png
Enter with you username and password and click ok,or press enter:http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3016/login2jv.png
Select your character and press enter:http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6104/login3f.png
-Now we'll setup your client:
Click on the option button:
op1.png

Click on the hotkeys button:
op2.png

This is the hotkeys window:
op3t.png

-Now we'll setup your hotkeys:
in F1 type #s m1
in F2 type #s m2
in F3 type #s m3
in F4 type #s m4
in F5 type #s m5
in F6 type #s m6
in F7 type #s m7
in F8 type #s m8
For all this hotkeys above mark the Send automatically option
in F9 left click on select object button and left click on order:
order.png

in F10 left click on select object button and left click on pokedex:
pokedexk.png

in F11 left click on select object button and left click on rope:
ropex.png

in F12 left click on select object button and left click on rod:
rod.png

in Shift+F1 type hi
in Shift+F2 type heal
in Shift+F3 type yes
in Shift+F4 type trade
For all this hotkeys above mark the Send automatically option
then click ok,again ok
Now you've done this,your life will be easier,you only will need to press this keyboard buttons,examples:if you want use your pokemon first move then you only need press F1,if you want use the pokedex then you only need press F10 and left click the desired pokemon,if you want heal your pokemon in the pokemon center then you only need be near of the npc and in the default or npc channel hold shift key and press F!,wait 1 second,hold shift and press F2,wait one more second and hold shift and press F3.
Why the #s? this is a anti-spam,this way when your active channel is the gamechat/pm or other similiar channel and you press the F1 for example,the m1 will not be typed in the channel and the function,is this case the m1,will work normally.
Later you can edit the hotkeys the way you want,i suggest this way because is easier to remember and use.

-Now we'll make some final modifications:
Click on the options button:
op1.png

Click on the General button:
generalrh.png

Config like in the image:
general2.png

Click ok.
Click on the Graphics button:
graphicsx.png

Click on the advanced button:
graphics2.png

OPTIONAL CONFIG:
In set ambient light click and hold the small square bellow and drag for the right > untill stay Set ambient light:100%
This will turn the ambient more bright,then for example if you enter in a cave the ambient will be more bright and you'll can see better.
REQUIRED CONFIG:
Config the options 1,2 and 3 like in the image:
graphics3.png

If you want see how the Set ambient light stay,then have this in the image too
Then click ok,again ok.
Click on the Console button:
consolez.png

Config like in the image:
console2.png

Then click ok,again ok.

READY! Now that you completed the preparations you can begin your journey smoothly and safely.

begining.jpg

You start in this place:http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8904/inicioup.png
Open your bag,battle and status window
In your bag you have a pokeball,it have 100% catch rate and will serve to catch your first pokemon:http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/373/inicio2f.png
The initial pokemon that you can catch is:Rattata,Pidgey,Caterpie,Weedle,Paras e Oddish
Here go a map with the location of all this pokemons(obs:the location of rattat that is marked on the map is a sewer gate,you can down there and find rattatas and paras):http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4997/mapaeng.png
In the map also have the location of the do Pokemart and the Lab where you need to go to exit this island,the pokemon center are located in the second floor of the place where you start,that in the map is marked as a star
When you find a pokemon that you want catch,then right click on the start pokeball and then left click on the pokemon that you want catch,the pokemon must be alive to be caught,then when caught you'll be teleported to the lab and then you'll have 2 choices:stay awhile in the island to train your initial pokemon until you get a base of how to play or go to the main continent,i recommend that you stay in the island until you get level 10.
Then if you'll stay training in the island do this:
-If you caught rattata,then hunt rattata
-If you caught caterpie,weedle or paras,then hunt oddish
-If you caught pidgey,then hunt caterpie,weedle or paras
-If you caught oddish,then fish and defeat the fished pokemons
To call you pokemon left click on the Pokemons tab in the chat,then will show the portrait of your pokemon,then click on the portrait:
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5280/poketab.png (sorry for the bad img quality)
To see the status of your pokemom hold shift and left click on your pokemon,this can be done in your pokemon pokeball too,but will show less info
Then go hunt,to order your pokemon atack left click on the wild pokemon target in the battle window or right click on the wild pokemon,to use the pokemon moves you only need to press F!,F2,etc... if you followed my instructions since the begin,for your pokemon use a move it need have the move required level and the cooldown bar need be 100%,to see your pokemon evolution required level and moves required level you need use the pokedex,press F10 and left click on your pokemon,after you defeat the wild pokemon you'll receive some experiencie and your pokemon will receive the double of experience that you received,if you used more than one pokemon in the battle the experience will be divided,the pokemon that give more damage will receive more experience,the pokemon that give less damage will receive less experience,after defeat a wild pokemon you'll also have a chance to receive some loot,to claim your loot right click on the corpse fo the fainted pokemon and check if you find something,if you want to check without making this action you can see the green message after you defeat the wild pokemon,this message show the loot,if have some loot then left click and hold then drag the loot to your bag,if you already have the same item in your bag then drag the loot to this item to make a unique pile and free space in the bag,if the loot amount is more than 1 the system will ask how many you'll claim,you can adjust the amount in the arrows and click ok or only press enter,if you want claim only 1 of the amonut then drag the loot to your bag while holding shift key,if you want to claim all the loot without the system ask and press enter then drag the loot to your bag while holding ctrl key,if you wnat catch the pokemon you need have at least one empty pokeball,then to catch right click on the empty pokeball and left click on the corpse of the fainted wild pokemon,but only do this after you claim the loot,because later you'll can sell the loot and get some some money.
To fish press F12 and left click on the water,you'll throw the bait and wait +-3 seconds,if fail the bait will only disappear,if success the bait will disappear and the fished pokemon will appear near of you and atack you or your pokemon,you cant try fish in the water edge or in the water waves.
To use the rope press F11 and left click on the rope spot.
If you want buy or sell something then go to the Pokemart,you can identify the Pokemart easily,is a construction with blue floor/roof,then when you arrive at the Pokemart be near of the npc and in Default/Npc Channel while holding shift press F1 and F4 or say hi then say trade,will open a window like this:
shopb.png

To buy something click Buy button,select the desired item,select the desired amount of the item draging the scrollbar or clicking in the arrows and then click ok button,to sell something click Sell button,the selling process is the same of the buying,by default,in the sell the item already come adjusted with max amount,but if you dont want to sell the max amount you only need adjust the desired amount,some itens cant be sold in the pokemart,but dont that is junk and dont drop it,some itens only the gaby npc can buy,gaby is located west of pewter pokemon center and west of celadon pokemon center.
After you get level 10 your pokemon level maybe is around level 12 if you caught it in level 5,then go to the pokemart and sell all your loot,then go to the lab and find the Professor Albert,be near of the npc then say hi,say help and select your city saying the city name,you can choose:Viridian,Pewter,Cerulean,Vermilion,Celadon,Saffron,Fuchsia or Cinnabar,the choosen city will be where you'll live,if you faint is where you'll wake up,i recommend that you choose Viridian that is the city that i'll use in this guide,but is your choose then feel free to make your own decision,then after you say your desired city name say yes and you'll be sent to the choosen city.

realjourney.jpg

YOU THOUGHT THAT THE JOURNEY ENDED? OFCOURSE NOT,IS HERE THAT YOUR TRUE JOURNEY BEGIN,A HUGE WORLD FULL OF POKEMONS TO CATCH AND FULL OF CHALLENGES TO FACE.
After you spoke with Professor Albert you receive 10 Pokeballs and was sent to your choosen city,here begin the true journey.
As i said,i'll use Viridian in this guide,then heres the map of Viridian with all the essencial locations:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4904/viridian.png
Now you'll train your pokemon,by steps(char level),based on your initial pokemon i'll indicate the pokemon that you'll hunt and pokemons that you need to catch or get by other ways(buying,trading,etc...).

Lv 10 - 20
If you followed this guide since the begin then you reach your city with level 10 and with 10 pokeballs and will begin your journey,then do this:
-If your initial pokemon is a rattata,then catch zubat and hunt rattatas,you also can fish but i dont recommend
-If your initial pokemon is a caterpie,then catch weedle and paras and hunt oddish and bellsprouts
-If your initial pokemon is a weedle,then catch caterpie and paras and hunt oddish and bellsprouts
-If your initial pokemon is a paras,then catch caterpie and weedle and hunt oddish and bellsprouts
-If your initial pokemon is a pidgey,then catch spearow and hunt caterpies,weedles,paras,metapods and kakunas
-If your initial pokemon is a oddish,then catch bellsprout and go fish and defeat the fished pokemons

Lv 20 - 30
In this levels maybe you'll can evolve your pokemon,dont know how evolve? then do this:while holding ctrl key,left click on your pokemon and click on the Evolve option,your pokemon will have a level requirement to evolve,sometimes also will need some stone,to see the evolve requirement you need to use the pokedex on your pokemon,this i already taught ;)
Well,returning to the subject,as i said,maybe you'll can evolve your pokemon and after the evolution it will be stronger,with new moves,but in the next steps i'll not be based in your initial pokemon,your initial helped you to get a base,but for example if you caught a rattata as your initial,your rattata that now maybe is a raticate will not be enough for the next steps,you can have your initial pokemon in your team and it will be useful,but you'll cant depend only on it on the next steps then you'll need to get better pokemons,this dont is valid for all the initial pokemons,so the initials that is still possible I'll put in the guide,but dont worry,if your initial pokemon is not in the guide will have a alternative hunt tip that you'll can follow using your initial pokemon,you maybe dont understand what i mean and will be confused,but dont worry,follow the guide and you'll understand what i mean,then do this:
-If your initial pokemon is a caterpie,then evolve it to metapod,if you caught a weedle when you followed the previous step then also evolve it to kakuna,you can continue using your paras if you caught it on the previous step or then try catch a venonat,catch a pidgey and evolve it to pidgeoto,catch a zubat and evolve it to golbat,catch a doduo and hunt glooms and weepinbells
-If your initial pokemon is a weedle,then evolve it to kakuna,if you caught a caterpie when you followed the previous step then also evolve it to metapod,you can continue using your paras if you caught it on the previous step or then try catch a venonat,catch a pidgey and evolve it to pidgeoto,catch a zubat and evolve it to golbat,catch a doduo and hunt glooms and weepinbells
-If your initial pokemon is a paras,you cannot evolve it yet,if you caught a caterpie and weedle when you followed the previous step then evolve it to metapod and kakuna,catch a pidgey and evolve it to pidgeotto,catch a zubat and evolve it to golbat,catch a doduo and hunt glooms and weepinbells
-If your initial pokemon is a pidgey,then evolve it to pidgeotto,your spearow cannot evolve yet but continue using it if you caught one,catch a doduo,catch a geodude,catch a vulpix and catch a ponyta and hunt beedrills and butterfrees,i recommend beedrills,because butterfrees have powerful psychic atacks
-If your initial pokemon is a oddish,then evolve it to gloom,if you caught a bellsprout when you followed the previous step then also evolve it to weepinbell,fish and catch a goldeen and a krabby,catch a diglett,catch a mankey and hunt geodudes,you also can try gravellers,but beware
OR
-If your initial is a rattata or if you want a alternative way for the methods above,then do this:
Get a metapod,kakuna,paras or venonat,pidgeotto,golbat and spearow or doduo and hunt bulbasaurs.

Lv 30 - 40
In this levels some pokemons can evolve again and become very stronger,you'll also can use other varieties of pokemons,then do this:
-If your initial pokemon is a caterpie,then in this step you may have a metapod and a kakuna,evolve to butterfree and beedrill,the rest of your pokemons that you've caught in the previous step are stronger but you cant evolve them yet,then with your team butterfree,beedrill,paras or venonat,pidgeotto,golbat and doduo hunt ivysaurs
-If your initial pokemon is a weedle,then in this step you may have a kakuna and a metapod,evolve to beedrill and butterfree,the rest of your pokemons that you've caught in the previous step are stronger but you cant evolve them yet,then with your team butterfree,beedrill,paras or venonat,pidgeotto,golbat and doduo hunt ivysaurs
-If your initial pokemon is a paras,you cannot evolve it yet,but you can evolve the metapod and kakuna if you caught,evolve it to butterfree and beedrill,the rest of your pokemons that you've caught in the previous step are stronger but you cant evolve them yet,then with your team butterfree,beedrill,paras or venonat,pidgeotto,golbat and doduo hunt ivysaurs
-If your initial pokemon is a pidgey,then in this step maybe you cannot evolve none of your pokemons,with your team pidgeotto,spearow,doduo,geodude,vulpix e ponyta hunt parasect,venomoth,beedrill or butterfree
-If your initial pokemon is oddish,then in this step maybe you cannot evolve none of your pokemons,with your team gloom,weepinbell,goldeen,krabby,diglett and mankey hunt gravellers
OR
A alternative is get gloom,weepinbell,exeggcute,magnemite,voltorb and more some grass or electric type pokemon,all level around 30-35 and then hunt wartortles.

Lv 40 - 50
In this levels you'll can evolve most of your pokemons and then make them become much more stornger,you also may use fly that will turn your travels very fast,you also can use many varieties of pokemons,in this final step i'll be fast,then do this:
-If your initial pokemon is a caterpie,then you may have butterfreee,breedrill,parasect or venomoth,pidgeotto,golbat and can evolve your doduo into a dodrio and use it,then you can hunt this pokemons:ivysaurs,vileplume,victreebel,exeggutor and tangela
-If your initial pokemon is a weedle,then you may have beedrill,butterfree,parasect or venomoth,pidgeotto,golbat and can evolve your doduo into a dodrio and use it,then you can hunt this pokemons:ivysaurs,vileplume,victreebel,exeggutor and tangela
-If your initial pokemon is a paras,then you finally can evolve it to parasect,now you may have paras,butterfreee,breedrill,pidgeotto,golbat and can evolve your doduo into a dodrio and use it,then you can hunt this pokemons:ivysaurs,vileplume,victreebel,exeggutor and tangela
-If your initial pokemon is a pidgey,then you may have pidgeotto,now maybe you can evolve your spearow into fearow,your doduo into a dodrio and your geodude into graveller,and you may have the vulpix and ponyta too,then you can hunt this pokemons:parasect,venomoth and pinsir.
-If your initial pokemon is a oddish,then you finally can evolve your gloom into a vileplume and your weepinbell into a victreebell,and you maybe can evolve your goldeen,krabby,diglett and mankey into seaking,kingler,dugtrio and primeape,then you can hunt this pokemons:graveller,rhyhorn and onix.
OR
A alternative is get graveller,rhyhorn,wartortle,psyduck,slowbro and kingler,all level around 35-40 and then hunt charmeleons.

Lv 50+
In this level you already have great pokemons and a great knowledge about the places and pokemons to hunt,
then from here i'll let you take care of yourself :D

You already know how to become a great trainer,now i'll teach you how get money,because without it you are nothing in this world,will be based on your level,i'll also list what you'll get and the value,then here go:
Lv 10 - 20:
Until level 15 hunt rattatas and get their apple bites,from level 15 to 20 hunt zubats and get their poison bottles,bat wings and tooths
apple bite = 6 pokedollars,poison bottle = 70 pokecents,bat wings = 5.35 pokedollars,tooth = 7 pokedollars
Lv 20 - 30:
Until level 25 fish and hunt the fished pokemons,you can get water gems,water pendants,ruby and crab claws,from level 25 to 30 hunt squirtles and get their water gems and squirtle hulls
water gem = 60 pokecents,water pendant = 7.55 pokedollars,ruby = 35 pokedollars,crab claw = 11.20 pokedollars,squirtle hull = 21.20 pokedollars
Lv 30 - 40
Until level 35 hunt rhyhorns and get their small stones,stone orbs and horns,from level 35 to 40 hunt charmeleons and get their fire essences,fire potions and nails
small stone = 10 pokecents,stone orb = 16.50 pokedollars,horn = 11.20 pokedollars,fire essence = 40 pokecents,fire potion = 18 pokedollars,nail = 8.50 pokedollars
Lv 40 - 50:
Until level 45 hunt haunters and get their future orbs and traces of ghost,from level 45 to 50 hunt marowaks and get their bones,small stones and sandbags
future orb = 21.50 pokedollars,trace of ghost = 17 pokedollars,bone = 12 pokedollars,small stone = 10 pokecents,sandbag = 12 pokedollars

Other way to get is doing quests,for example in viridian have a quest that you need to get some apple bites and give for some npc then you receive 300 pokedollars as a reward,i'll not tell it here because is a quest spoil,you can discover by your own ;) ,this and other quests can make you rich.

Other thing that a great trainer need know is the best way to catch a pokemon,you defeated a wild pokemon and dont know wich kind of ball is better to use in the catch? well,i use this scheme:
-if the pokemon level is until 20,then i use pokeball
-if the pokemon level is until 40,then i use greatball
-if the pokemon level is until 60,then i use superball
-if the pokemon level is more than 60,then i use ultraball
But remember,this is only a scheme and is not 100% effective,you can use this scheme or can do the catch by your own way.

finalu0.jpg

You learned the basic and the advanced,begin from the nothing and won alot(knowledge,level,pokemons and money,maybe also fame and reputation),now you become a great trainer,but to become a legend you still have a long road to run and it only depends of you.

END.

Well,i hope i've helped you with this huge guide,i take 2 days to translate and finish it,then please,if you dont want to suggest,make a criticism or if have no questions then at least leave a comment.

Wait,more guides will come...

Toddler

Reaction score
All I say is to sum it all up..No ones gonna want to do all this reading..

Jorden

Reaction score
Toddler said:
All I say is to sum it all up..No ones gonna want to do all this reading..
1+
Todd Rights...I Think this Guide good but no one wanna read all this...its too big and too

huge..and NCT(NoChybaTak) did alredy Guide for newbies..so or make a other guide..for

quests..citys spells or some pokemons (main Pokemons) or idonu..but this is kindof useless

if its hell big and there a smaller / better one alredy..

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
The guide is huge because have many informations that newbies need to know,and the NCT guide is better? that guide is incomplete.

Reincarnation

Reaction score
zake you are only try to be a tutor
u are not a tutor and u never be a tutor

i see u ingame in help channel. u copy all thor says

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
Reincarnation said:
zake you are only try to be a tutor
u are not a tutor and u never be a tutor

i see u ingame in help channel. u copy all thor says

reincarnation,shut up,i dont repeating what thor say,is that sometimes when i finish typing the answer and press enter thor was send the answer before,but have times that no tutor is online and i help alot,and how you know that i never will be tutor? you are the owner of the game? no,then shut up and dont say what you dont know kid.

PS:i dont making this guides to be tutor,i making this to help the newbie ppl,this way when server is offline they already can read some guides and learn something.

FlameD

Reaction score
A guide like this is to much, newbies are only to learn the base and not a guide through the whole game. A guide for new players should only contain commands, that there's quest that you just do or you get from an npc and such.

Jorden

Reaction score
FlameD said:
A guide like this is to much, newbies are only to learn the base and not a guide through the whole game. A guide for new players should only contain commands, that there's quest that you just do or you get from an npc and such.

as FlameD said newbies dont need that MUCH information..they not want to be super

adenvturers by a guide...only need a base to start ur adventure..that information they well

learn on the way to be the champions..

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
FlameD said:

I know,i make a basic guide,but when newbie learn the basic, then he want to learn more,then is for this reason i make this guide too,it teach not only the basic,but the advanced too,and teach how level up and get money and other things.

Jorden

Reaction score
Zake Ketchum said:
FlameD said:

I know,i make a basic guide,but when newbie learn the basic, then he want to learn more,then is for this reason i make this guide too,it teach not only the basic,but the advanced too,and teach how level up and get money and other things.

i think most of the players would love to learn the advanced by them selfs..or eles its

worteless to play cus all is done by a guide and it sux and not fun noting personal mate..

hope u understand..and hope ppl well love ur guide ;)

TorNadO

Reaction score
What the hell is wrong, he made a good newbie guide and ppl doesnt need to give that offence they do... Good he take his time to help and if he wanna be a tutor and may try to hard its up to him...

Jorden said:
Zake Ketchum said:
FlameD said:

i think most of the players would love to learn the advanced by them selfs..or eles its

worteless to play cus all is done by a guide and it sux and not fun noting personal mate..

hope u understand..and hope ppl well love ur guide ;)

Its some fun to maybe find all this systems self but since all people doesn't think the same its a good guide.

FlameD

Reaction score
TorNadO said:
What the hell is wrong, he made a good newbie guide and ppl doesnt need to give that offence they do... Good he take his time to help and if he wanna be a tutor and may try to hard its up to him...

We're not blaming him for trying to help, we're blaming him 'cause it's spoiler alert on this guide.

Sammy-ROCK!

Reaction score
FlameD said:
TorNadO said:

We're not blaming him for trying to help, we're blaming him 'cause it's spoiler alert on this guide.

Cheap excuse. While he takes his time trying to help you're taking your time to blame him. Seriously guys. It was a pain for me to begin playing here. The NCT's guide has expired images and it misses usefull infos. I've only learned what's harvest and mining through Zake's guides. And still I don't know exactly how dive works, I've never seem how the whirlpool looks like.

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
Reincarnation said:
he forgot about find hole -.-

FIND HOLE:

The ability find hole consists of your pokemon search for a hidden hole in the ground,have a chance to fail or to sucess and find and dig a hidden hole.
To use Find Hole call a pokemon with this ability and then right click on order and left click on the suspicious mound of earth.

You are sure that i forgot?

Zake Ketchum

Reaction score
Thanks for all that thanked and supported me,and for who that says that newbies dont need to learn alot,only the basic,then i say this:

"Dont are required that the newbies read this guide,reading the basic guide that i've created before is suficient,the advanced things that have in this guide newbies can learn by your own exploring,but,if while the server is off the newbie want learn with a guide this advanced things? is what i say,dont is required that you read all that is writed here,but is a good idea to read this while the server is down,you'll learn alot."

And about the spoil,i guess you talk about the map with the initial pokemons locations,right? well,anyway even i not placed it here the most part of newbies will ask about the locations in the help channel,then is no problem if i post it here.

Back